Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 224518 times)

Zil

Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #570 on: February 19, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Whoever did that replay bombed the spell. How could it be helpful? ::)

Zengeku's got a timeout, at least - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG74Xvx5JgQ
It still looks to me like there's no "easy" way to do it though.

« Reply #571 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
I guess he meant the part before the bomb in regards to positioning, using his notes as a guide as to how the bomb could've been avoided. Though I was about to say that I do indeed know how to use bombs, in theory at least, but I don't always show it... all those wasted bombs. Makes you sad thinking about them.

Oh Zengeku, what would we do without you?  :V  I'll use it as reference, thanks.
Quote from: Zil
If I can't get consistent at it I'll just autobomb in a serious run (it's not like stage 3 drains you out of ressources like 4) but as long as I'm planning to practice Nitori anyway I might as well try it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:40:02 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #572 on: February 19, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
Oh Zengeku, what would we do without you?  :V 

You would all suffer tragic fates. As for that card, here's my strategy.

The straight white lines of bullets that cross over each other. Read them and figure out where the largest gaps will be.
Once you've found a nice big area to be in, be prepared to dodge the blue ones. These demands the most of your attention in this card but with practice, you'll probably find it pretty simple to read their trajectories.

« Reply #573 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:09 PM »
I also found that whenever you see two blues together that are currently seperating about 3/4 on their way to the bottom it's pretty much a safe spot for long enough to get a grasp of what's happening (of course granted that no whites are approaching just there).Captured it after a few of "nearly there!" attempts and nearly perfected the stage just now (her final card got me, on her last pixels of health). Just the beginning of the grind I suppose, can't waste any power there with stage 4 approaching. *sigh*

Blasted, my keyboard tends to assume that I really want that button pressed even after letting go. Time to buy a new one before this ends in tragedy and frustration.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:00:00 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #574 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:18 PM »
I recommend trying to time it out. The cards timer lasts a lot longer than it takes to capture it so timing it out is really good practice.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #575 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:39 PM »
Whoever did that replay bombed the spell. How could it be helpful? ::)

Zengeku's got a timeout, at least - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG74Xvx5JgQ
Sorry~  :blush: Anyway, I was in a hurry, but that video was also there to remind me how to do the spell card, so I could kinda help.

« Reply #576 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:08 AM »
Anyone know how to do Reimu's stage 4 solo card in Marine Benefit? I think it's the only card I still haven't captured on Normal.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #577 on: February 20, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »
Anyone know how to do Reimu's stage 4 solo card in Marine Benefit? I think it's the only card I still haven't captured on Normal.
I just circle clockwise carefully.
Tried to time it out but couldn't.
Besides, once you screw up, it gets kinda messy.

« Reply #578 on: February 20, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
What do I do about the laser in Forgiveness "Honest Man's Death"

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #579 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »
okay, but it'll sound stupid

cross it before it is active for about ten frames

« Reply #580 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »
I think your description is a bit too inaccurate.

It might be relevant to mention that the laser's hitbox activates when it reaches the spot that you were at when the sprite spawned. In other words, if the laser is coming in from the left, simply make sure to be located further to the left than you were when it spawned. Its really easy.

And yeah its dumb as fuck.

« Reply #581 on: February 21, 2012, 04:22:32 AM »
How do I do Scarlet Netherworld? It really feels like it ought to be easy and yet I inevitably wind up dropping a bomb to it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #582 on: February 21, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »
How do I do Scarlet Netherworld? It really feels like it ought to be easy and yet I inevitably wind up dropping a bomb to it.
Normal, hard or lunatic?

If normal, find a gap in the straight bullets and dodge the crossing ones vertically.
If hard, no clue.
If lunatic, Read the knives after they straighten and find a gap that won't have the knives.

pineyappled

« Reply #583 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:03 AM »
Could someone help me with Skyfish of Unknown Something?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #584 on: February 21, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
Could someone help me with Skyfish of Unknown Something?
Dont stick to the bottom. Every time you see an open gap in the arrow streams - try to go up, but not too much. Watch out for faster arrows and always have some space behind you to retire if a tough cluster of them is coming your way. Though with a good level of reaction you can easily dodge this card novertical on the bottom, but it's risky.
I've captured it only once by some sheer magic, but i've noticed that if you go away from under Remilia it's much easier to dodge crossing bullets cause of lower density. You cant do much damage this way, so it could be only good for timing it out.
Normal, hard or lunatic?
On hard and lunatic it's called "Thousand needle mountain" and has completely another pattern.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:15:18 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Power

• The power is within you. :D
« Reply #585 on: February 25, 2012, 12:36:10 AM »
Mountain of Faith Aya's Survival card need help with it please.

<Tengukami> The next time you make a thread that belongs somewhere else, report the thread or PM a staff member, and we will merge or move it. Making duplicate posts just makes more work for us.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 01:52:36 AM by Tengukami »

« Reply #586 on: February 25, 2012, 01:18:03 AM »
Mountain of Faith Aya's Survival card need help with it please.
Lower left corner is the safest place to be. Worst case scenario, just bomb it. It's only 17 seconds (at least on Normal) so getting through it with 1 bomb is pretty easy, and it's Mountain of Faith, so it's not like 1 bomb's a huge loss anyway.

Zil

« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2012, 01:28:56 AM »
You can also practice for it in Double Spoiler, which helps alot.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2012, 06:36:09 AM »
You can also practice for it in Double Spoiler, which helps alot.

That card is SP-9, the final card in DS. It's also helpful to try to timeout Aya's last phase, since it's as, if not more dense than PWG.

Try to read the bullets coming down vertically first, then dodge the diagonal bullets vertically. That way, you don't have to worry about the bullets coming down, and only at the bullets coming from the sides.

Does anyone know if Eternal Meek's safespot works on Normal or Hard? I've only seen it used on Lunatic. Either it only works on Lunatic, or I don't play EoSD enough.  :derp:

Edit: Yeah, it works on both.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:32:03 AM by Random »

Zil

« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2012, 06:57:30 AM »
Where is this safespot on Lunatic? Though it pains me to do so, I may need to use it soon.

« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »
At the right of Sakuya.
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #591 on: February 25, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
Yes, the safespot works on all difficulties.
You can sit in many places around Sakuya, but I think her right side is the most commonly used.
Basically you want to sit as close to her as possible without hitting her.
You have to be fairly precise.
I use the lines of the hexagon as a guide: the green spot is where your hitbox should be.

Keep in mind you only have around 1 second to position yourself, so it is a difficult one to pull off.
Plus, she moves during that 1 second to the top center of the screen, so you may have to adjust accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:13:08 PM by Kanon »

Zil

« Reply #592 on: February 25, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
I've been trying it out at 90fps and don't see myself being able to pull it off. A few times I was able to get there in time, but the nonspell is so hectic it makes nearly impossible. If I end up bombing right before the nonspell ends, and I've also stuck a piece of tape or something on the screen to mark the spot, then maybe I could get there during the bomb and capture the spell.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #593 on: February 25, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »
90fps? Wow, good luck on that...
I can't even use the safespot reliably at 60fps. It's just too difficult for me to move into that exact spot that quickly.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #594 on: February 25, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Yeah. That safespot is pretty unreliable even if you placed yourself right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX0NK6kldUs&feature=player_detailpage#t=1642s :]
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2012, 04:45:02 AM »
Eternal Meek at 90 FPS? No thanks. You could get a really easy pattern to dodge, but the card is pretty much random. Hell, even at 60 FPS, the card is damn fast. :/

I'd just bomb it.

Zil

« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2012, 04:42:48 PM »
It's very rank dependent. I have actually captured it at low rank, but yeah it's an autobomb if I have any bombs to use on it.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »
EHHHHHHHHH nitori's final lunatic

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #598 on: February 26, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
EHHHHHHHHH nitori's final lunatic
Just do what i do in this replay.  That goes for basically the whole stage minus lame clipdeaths.

In word form, misdirect the dots away from under Nitori so you can damage her easier, dash away from the dots to get through the green pellets.

Bombing this is probably a smart plan in a 1cc.

« Reply #599 on: February 26, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
The fuck....SA stage 5 lunatic, is my worse enemy, any tips on Orin (midboss and boss)? And  stage 5 overall, because it is doing my head in by ruining my runs -.-
Thanks