Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 224189 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #540 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:24 PM »
Just dont go high off the bottom, dodge small bullets, watch out for every third dense wave of bubbles and pray you dont get walled and Remilia will be mostly right above you :ohdear:
When I captured it pretty much yeah.
Although the dense wave is every 4th, and I dodged as high as a third of the way up the screen at points.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #541 on: February 16, 2012, 12:07:30 AM »
Been trying to get past Cirno on EoSD on normal mode and I don't know what it is about those spell cards but I can't seem to avoid them no matter what I do... I can avoid everything else but when it comes to Cirno I always lose all my lives. Anybody know some helpful tips with dodging her bullets? I'd like to avoid using bombs for that battle :/

Heres my replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwimt5QfW2A&feature=channel_video_title

I'm noticing that once her spells start up, I...basically start walking straight into her attacks like a doofus LOL
Oh gosh. Man, first you need to watch out for bullets incoming your way and where're you going. Second - learn when it's better to focus and when not. I mean if you wanna dodge through first waves of Cirno's opener - use focused movements, but if you wanna misdirect it (cause it's aimed at you) - use unfocused and go to the sides. As for icicle fall you can either dodge through the falling icicles or go closer to Cirno where there are only yellow to avoid. Both methods work well, but latter needs some practice.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #542 on: February 16, 2012, 12:19:01 AM »
I need help on pretty much everything Shou except her second and last spellcards, on Hard. I'm still amazed I managed to unlock stage 5 practice.

Murasa is so much easier.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:19:10 AM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #543 on: February 16, 2012, 03:12:27 AM »
Been trying to get past Cirno on EoSD on normal mode and I don't know what it is about those spell cards but I can't seem to avoid them no matter what I do... I can avoid everything else but when it comes to Cirno I always lose all my lives. Anybody know some helpful tips with dodging her bullets? I'd like to avoid using bombs for that battle :/

Heres my replay:

I'm noticing that once her spells start up, I...basically start walking straight into her attacks like a doofus LOL

This is what I did ages back against Cirno

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #544 on: February 16, 2012, 03:30:47 AM »
Third spell: On Normal there are no gaps between bubbles, so just stay in the middle row and ignore the bubble movement. Bullets are aimed.
...I dunno, maybe I'm just unlucky or something's amiss, but there IS a tiny gap between them.  Believe me, I'd know, having died almost everytime I made it that far to that very fact.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #545 on: February 16, 2012, 04:35:46 AM »
...I dunno, maybe I'm just unlucky or something's amiss, but there IS a tiny gap between them.  Believe me, I'd know, having died almost everytime I made it that far to that very fact.
That is really weird. Are you maybe playing an older version? I don't think I've ever once died that way in that card, at least on Normal. There are definitely gaps on Hard and I'd be very surprised if there weren't any on Lunatic, but I'm looking at my perfect Normal run video and seeing tons of overlap.

I guess you could dodge in ways that minimize bubble crossings, but if you're having that kind of trouble I'd say just bomb it.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #546 on: February 17, 2012, 05:25:46 AM »
How do I capture Strange Art "Misdirection" (Normal) with Marisa?

I have no problem surviving it, and capture it every time with Reimu, but with Marisa it always times out before I can finish it. Right now I'm just streaming both parts in one direction, then back the next round. That works fine with homing shots, but I don't spend enough time hitting her with Marisa's narrower aim. All attempts to stay under more often result in a mess of bullets.

Zil

« Reply #547 on: February 17, 2012, 06:06:46 AM »
Stay at the edge of the screen, under where she stops moving.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #548 on: February 17, 2012, 06:19:38 AM »
Yeah, that did it, with 8s to spare. Thanks!

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #549 on: February 17, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
I'm currently trying to clear EoSD Extra, and I have a few questions about the stage part:

1.Are the death fairy and the fairies right before it static or not?(I think they're static, but I'd rather know it for sure...)

2.Any tips on Patchy? I know the safespot on Royal Flare, but not a good route through the rest of the card...

and about Flandre: I know you can microdge Maze of Love or go round in circles, but I can't do any of it yet...The bubbles kill me every time I try to micrododge...
I also know how do dodge most of the other cards, I just need practice there, especially Cranberry Trap, because the capture in this replay was my first.

Replay

Oh, and

Heres my replay:

This is how I did it.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Zil

« Reply #550 on: February 17, 2012, 01:37:38 PM »
None of the fairies are static.

For Patchy, try to shotgun her before the spells get going, especially Silent Selene. For Philosopher's Stone, try to stay in the middle and move vertically to dodge things. Patchy doesn't move so you have to stay under her. Also keep track of which bullets are aimed.

Cranberry Trap is hard to describe so here's a replay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0TlVFU3XY
I also captured Royal Flare in that run, but my path may not be "the" way to do it. (It works for me every time though.)
And if I screwed anything else up then it may have been because I was doing it wrong, so don't just assume I always knew what I was doing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:39:51 PM by Zil »

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #551 on: February 17, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »
Thanks for the advice!

I've also seen that way of capturing Royal Flare in other replays too, it seems pretty popular.
None of the fairies are static.
:qq:

Edit: I captured Royal Flare just now! :3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:21:12 PM by Piranha »
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
My Replays

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #552 on: February 17, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
Sorry if I'm a little late responding to this one, but here you go. That's a perfect run against Megumi. Watching replays can really help.

If you need more specific help:

Nonspells in general: Arrow always faces you, bullets head the way the arrow is facing, starting from the boss.
Red nonspell: Stay under Megumi and keep a good distance from the danmaku just in case she moves unexpectedly.
First spell: Pick a side, either left or right, and stick to it. Read ahead, there's almost always room. The bubble tries to center on you, so you should be fine as long as you don't try to dash across the screen or something.
Green nonspell: Again, pick a side and stick to it. Yes, this means diagonal dodging, but there's loads of room. I find trying to follow Megumi here is asking for clipdeath.
Second spell: Stay just above the bottom center, dodging is painfully obvious from there.
Blue nonspell: See that X button? Yeah, about that...
Third spell: On Normal there are no gaps between bubbles, so just stay in the middle row and ignore the bubble movement. Bullets are aimed.
Survival: Practice, practice, practice. Pure memorization. The most likely thing to kill you is overshooting the bubble when it stops at the 29 second mark, so bomb at roughly a second before that if you aren't confident.

haha. I figured you would have a say in that post at some point Malkyrian. I have this unlocked in stage practice (although I think the deaths are somehow tunred off there) with...wel...Sanae C. I'll keep things in mind for the green non-spell and the time marker on Eight Million Laughing Gods. Maybe I can find at feesable way to not bomb the blue spell if at all possible. I'll tell you if I do.

Also.....
wtf is up with the final spell on normal? The bubble completely disintigrated and left me to die 3 times (in one run)..
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #553 on: February 17, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »
right at the start, charge-up get to 100% ASAP, and right before utsuho hits you, you can take an easy first picture there.

Since taking pictures brings her to an immediate halt,  go right (possibly wait there for like a split second and charge up or whatever), when you hear that sound of her charging up, run for your life and go up, then left, then down (while going down you're gonna need to dodge some bullets). After that, she charges at you again and you can take another picture right there.

Rinse and repeat, I felt rather creative so i drew it out for you!

C means Possible charge up and wait
C means Charge up about here

This was incredibly helpful and I got 8-4 in about 5 tries after this, thanks.
Anything on 8-6 through 8-8 though?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #554 on: February 17, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
I'm currently trying to clear EoSD Extra, and I have a few questions about the stage part:

1.Are the death fairy and the fairies right before it static or not?(I think they're static, but I'd rather know it for sure...)

2.Any tips on Patchy? I know the safespot on Royal Flare, but not a good route through the rest of the card...

and about Flandre: I know you can microdge Maze of Love or go round in circles, but I can't do any of it yet...The bubbles kill me every time I try to micrododge...
I also know how do dodge most of the other cards, I just need practice there, especially Cranberry Trap, because the capture in this replay was my first.
Death fairy isn't static. Just try to be at open places when she throws a wall at you and that's it. Fairies before seem to be static, but if you use Full power trick - who cares.

I know safespot works well only with Marisa A and only if you position yourself exactly under Patchy. With any other character you need to make at least some moves or capture it the proper way.

I still havent captured MoL in any way, but i've noticed, ReimuB's fast shots can damage her while afterbomb time, so it can be neutered with two bombs. However this doesnt work with Marisa and her slow shots.

Cranberry Trap is easy once you get the trick. Purple bullets are static, blue - aimed at you. Start from the middle of the screen and slowly dodge down, then try to get up and repeat, adjusting your position against Flandre and avoiding bullets coming from behind. The less you worry and avoid repid movements the better it go.

Also.....
wtf is up with the final spell on normal? The bubble completely disintigrated and left me to die 3 times (in one run)..
There's some glitch with those bubbles while playing with Sanae, Malkyrian mentioned. Get ready for Mikoto's final spell :ohdear: Or wait... Are you talking about it?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:06:11 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #555 on: February 17, 2012, 05:22:35 PM »
Royal Flare
If you choose to safespot it with any character other than Marisa A,
you need to position yourself accurately and make ONE precise movement downwards.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #556 on: February 17, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
One strategy I also found with Royal Flare is, for the first wave, go straight to the left, a little bit up, to the right and then down. Rinse and repeat.

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #557 on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »
Wish me luck Malkyrian. I'm going into Megumi's stage with a 8/0 count with Reimu A (did one with Reimu B ealier but got clipped at the 27 second mark on Eight Million Laughing Gods.)

And thank you for the earlier help. it aided me a lot.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #558 on: February 17, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »
Thanks for the help, I can do the stage part(including Royal Flare) and everything up to Maze of Love pretty consistently now. Should not take too long for the rest >:(
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:44:42 PM by Piranha »
My Replays

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #559 on: February 17, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »
Ok, I know I captured every MoF lunatic spell, but there are still 2 nonspells I can not do: Momiji's and Kanako's opener.
Any tips for those?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #560 on: February 17, 2012, 11:00:23 PM »
Kanako's opener
There is a sort of pattern to it. Dunno how to explain, but you kinda see it when you concentrate and read.
As in, Kanako fires bullets from 2 different places and they criss cross each other, and each wave of bullets is offset a little bit, so you can sit in one place, then, as the gap starts to close up, you cross some bullets into nearby safe places.

I'm not sure about momiji - something about moving to a place where you aren't walled by metal fatigue bullets, then dodge.

Zil

« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »
Yeah, extreme concentration is what it takes for Kanako's thing. It's not much about reflexes and microtapping, just pure reading. I find it's also one of the worst things ever at killing you after you've captured it.

« Reply #562 on: February 18, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
This was incredibly helpful and I got 8-4 in about 5 tries after this, thanks.
Anything on 8-6 through 8-8 though?

for 8-8, the "dipper"(looks like the constellation "The Big Dipper") is aimed at you, usually the last 2 or 3 overlaps you, so watch out for that. First picture is easy, when you start charge up(but not too much otherwise it'll be too late) go near the point where the "dip" turns to a straight line you should be at 100% by then, and take a picture, as a result you take a pic of utsuho and remove the dip leaving you with 2-3 balls left that follow you, which can be simply dodged.

Figure 1 (LMAO url imgur.com/URGAY)                       

on figure 1
is you, and the path to take
grey - those small bullets that come out from the suns
Area of picture to be taken
Utsuho
Direction of blue bullets
C=Charge up

The next bit, is a bit hard to explain, let the next wave of dipper home at you, and while they are the sun with the Spinning Bullets should intersect the dipper at some point and when they do take the picture there, so you remove the dipper and that sun. You should get about 55% back, then after charge up then position yourself like in figure 1 or something close, then take picture, rinse and repeat. Don't worry to take your time and compromise.

Replay

for 8-6, i haven't really completed it but i've gotten close, i'm just not motivated to complete it, well not even motivated to play touhou that much, but i've did one just now and got to the final picture and died.

You can easily take a first picture (switch to vertical shot mode) and take a picture while she is sending the sun out at the very start, go right, and she'll throw a sun towards that side then go to the very left, she should throw  a sun in the middle then to the very left, try to take a picture of the middle sun and the sun at the very left and possibly utsuho, to remove both suns and grab a picture, if it fails but you grab both suns,  head towards left/right to misdirect the suns and take a picture of utsuho. repeat and good luck.

Replay

Zil

« Reply #563 on: February 18, 2012, 12:46:44 PM »
Will fancy diagrams be the future of spellcard advice!?

DS self-destructed at some point so I can't make new replays and I certainly can't draw so I just went and uploaded this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei1yG2IeMd8&feature=youtu.be

-Fall of Great Stars has a very precise pattern that you can follow which makes it much easier. You want to take defensive shots at the right times and also make sure that the photos of the boss also clear away the right number of stars.

-For the Cat Walk thing you want time the photo perfectly to cancel a wave right after she shoots, then hide on the side she's moving away from. Always take your pictures when she's in the center.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #564 on: February 18, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
Will fancy diagrams be the future of spellcard advice!?
I already use them to describe spellcards to friends who don't care or even know what Touhou is.

-For the Cat Walk thing you want time the photo perfectly to cancel a wave right after she shoots, then hide on the side she's moving away from. Always take your pictures when she's in the center.
So that's how you do it!! Been freaking over that particular card for a few weeks, thanks for alleviating my stress.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #565 on: February 19, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
(Okay, i'm gonna sound stupider than cirno...) I'sa need help with Meilings last semi-spellcard in Shoot The Bullet. The "Colourful Flip"Fluttering Petals and Falling Leaves"" One. To be honest, I find it harder than Seamless Ceiling Of Kinkaku-ji. :P
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:57:39 AM by fonduemaster »

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #566 on: February 19, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
Oops, wrong post. Moderator please delete this message. (not the other one)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:56:43 AM by fonduemaster »

« Reply #567 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »
Quote from: fonduemaster
I'sa need help with Meilings last semi-spellcard in Shoot The Bullet. The "Colourful Flip"Fluttering Petals and Falling Leaves
Hopefully this approach will help you. Everything important is in the description.

That card was a nightmare for me too when I first played it, don't worry. :D

Might as well ask something myself: Nitori's midboss spellcard on lunatic. I'm probably overlooking something really obvious but I don't even know where I should look to get the necessary cues for dodging maneuvers.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:21:44 AM by qno2 »

Zil

« Reply #568 on: February 19, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
I don't think there's any great trick for Nitori's thing. I've seen it referred to as one of the hardest parts of the game. It does seem like once you survive the first wave the rest are much easier though.

Spoiler:
I also had trouble with 5-5 when I first played against it.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #569 on: February 19, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »
Might as well ask something myself: Nitori's midboss spellcard on lunatic. I'm probably overlooking something really obvious but I don't even know where I should look to get the necessary cues for dodging maneuvers.
I dunno. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppxho9YyLUg might help you. On the first wave of suppositories bullets, go into the diamond gap (one of the larger ones maybe) where the blue water bullet looks like it's about to hit you. then when a water bullet comes flying at you, move to the widest point of the gabe then go either left or right. Just don't go into the gaps at the bottom of the stage.