Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223881 times)

Zil

Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #510 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:16 AM »
Just the power items? Assuming you're using ReimuA, I've got a pretty much fool-proof way of collecting them all without even having to graze.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YovWQ0P5Rs8

That big fairy on the right after the second boulder should have been killed sooner but I moved away too soon. I think you can also get bonus power if you kill Kisume very quickly.

« Reply #511 on: February 09, 2012, 06:02:19 PM »
Ok...I can avoid everything in SA lunatic Stage 1 (except Yamame's opener, I'm auto-bombing that and nothing anyone says or does can change my mind), but I have NO CLUE how to get the power, even after watching replays.
Specifically, the very beginning (so my annoyance doesn't increase exponentially by retrying this part a million times to get it right) and the part of the stage between Kisume and Yamame.

Not sure if you are willing to, but suicide at the very beginning when all red fairies appear and destroying the big fairy too, gains instant full power.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:20:23 PM by b0xR »

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #512 on: February 10, 2012, 02:40:30 AM »
Kay so I'm still having some troubles on Orin, but I understand how her attacks work now. Mostly.

First nonspell, I just stay around her hand to safespot it ^^
First spell, kinda troubled with it, but I circle clockwise to lure the fairies away, then dash in quickly underneath to deal all the damage I can to Orin.
Second nonspell, stay right below her in the middle to avoid the blue diamonds, stream down, come back up quickly. Works very well and easily.
Second spell, relatively easy. Can't really explain how it would go, but there's only one way, isn't there?
Third nonspell, I'm finally learning a bit. I see that when the bullets are shot the area that looks like it's "leading" is relatively safe until the next wave. Just find a spot to move around in, and dodge. Try to stay under Orin if possible, but keeping alive is my main concern.
Third spell, the rings of spirits or whatever still get me, I need to study their aim more (I know one's aimed at me, but I don't have good enough judgement about the space just between the 2 rings).
Last spell, I'm a huge mess on, I guess it's fairly similar to the first spell, only with tons more bullets. I'll probably bomb this one on sight.

And one little note, I've decided to get back to Reimu-A for awhile (I'll try to get through with her first, then use Marisa-B, since for me it's much harder with Marisa because of her speed and hitbox >~<).

Any tips on Rekindling of Dead Ashes? As well as Needle Mountain, of course. And am I doing Zombie Fairy correctly (well, there usually isn't a CORRECTLY, but there's usually a recommended path or strategy)?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #513 on: February 10, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »
Zombie Fairy: you can circle once and then use ReimuA's shot to plow through all the zombies and capture, provided you are at 3.xx to 4.00 power. Basically, in the beginning, go to the top of the screen to lead the fairies up, and then quickly come back down and dodge at the bottom.

Needle Mountain: if I remember correctly, the rings move slow enough that you can wait for 2 rings to be aimed at you before you move (and once you've moved, 2 rings will be aimed at your new location before you can move back). You can memorize which spots to sit in due to the aiming - that way you won't have to keep second-guessing where to go.

Rekindling of Dead Ashes: circle around the top, come back down and shoot. If you circle too slowly, you might get walled by bubbles. Also, when circling, you might want to spend more time near the top left of the screen than elsewhere. Don't be afraid to circle a second time if the fairies come back down close again.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #514 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »
I see... I'll go try that right now ^^

Something I find really aggravating is that today I was playing, had my best run of SA ever (ended up on stage 5 with 7.xx lives, stage 6 with 5 or 6), and then some random younger people who just don't appreciate Touhou began to piss me off and ruined me in the very last spell... T.T

EDIT: OMG YESSSS~

I just beat it on the run directly after I posted this ._." Had 6 lives by stage 6, and thank the GODS I didn't have one less. Cuz I was drawn in so forcefully at the end that I ended up with 0 extra lives o.o"

Now, I shall begin practising spells on Normal more intently since I have access to them all on Reimu-A. A few questions:

In Hell and Heaven Meltdown, is there a specific spot that's recommended to stay around? Probably the 2 sides, since there's the most space in them? And I guess the whole spell's dependant on your positioning? Or is it partially dependant? And I know that Okuu moves randomly(or semi-randomly, maybe).

For Okuu's opening spell, am I supposed to wait til the nuke bullets are shot, then move to the slower moving one on the either side, and when the next set is shot, move back to the middle quickly, dodging the blue bullets? Rinse, repeat?

Her non-spells are actually more simple than Orin's ._.

Fixed Star... I always panic at some point because I'm scared of the nuke bullets' hitboxes. I'm fairly certain of the safe area where I can do reasonable amounts of horizontal movement only and capture the card. But, as I said, I panic >~<

Mega Flare's pretty much random, so there's no helping that really (although I've also got it down pat pretty much ^^)

I'm noticing that the bullets in Hell's Artificial Sun have smaller hitboxes? Or is it just me? Because I seem to be able to graze bullets (especially the tiny dot bullets) much more closely without dying.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:07:58 AM by xForeverFanaticx »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #515 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:54 AM »
Hell and Heaven Meltdown: I think Utsuho will try to move toward you every so often, so just stay on one of the sides and dodge. On normal mode, staying in the middle isn't that bad though.

Nuclear Fusion: the suns are aimed, so just alternately between directing them to the side and directing them down the middle. You do have to unfocus horizontally at times though, cuz the spaces are kinda tight and you have to move quickly.

Fixed star: just stay in the safebox and horizontal movement. You can move quite a bit before you get too far and get hit, especially on normal mode, where the suns don't even touch each other.

Hell's Artificial Sun: you *can* squeeze through pretty small gaps, although I wouldn't rely on it unless absolutely necessary.

Zil

« Reply #516 on: February 11, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »
Hell and Heaven meltdown is not aimed at all. Also Utsuho should try to follow you, though when she's close she'll overshoot and move past you. It doesn't really matter; just ignore her completely and focus on dodging.
I guess it's a matter of preference, but I'd say to dodge in the middle since the bullets will be vertical there. Moving to the edge gives you a bit more room, but then you get diagonal bullets from two directions. It's different on Lunatic, where they are normally diagonal and moving over makes them vertical.

And yeah, the bullets in Sub Sun have smaller hitboxes than they normally would.

« Reply #517 on: February 11, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
EoSD stage 3 Lunatic. Not Meiling, just the stage after the midboss. I'm assuming there are safespots you can use for the diagonal kunais, but where are they?

Zil

« Reply #518 on: February 11, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
On the very last wave you can shoot the fairies in the upper corner and then sit at the top. For everything else I think the middle is safest. Even if you're safe from the static kunai the aimed things and random circles are the real threat, and you don't want to be in some awkward position to deal with them.

Koishi Komeiji

• Bandodging is fun!
  • You really think we wouldn't notice?
« Reply #519 on: February 11, 2012, 03:25:27 PM »
Any Help for Sanae's Midboss Spell? I keep dying on the small red bullets.
An Artist. Expect a thread at "AAA" soon!

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #520 on: February 11, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
Soo... I'm kinda stuck on Hell and Heaven Meltdown... x.x I can't quite do it no matter where I am, and I end up bombing it to survive.

Also, the drawing force of Artificial Sun is the same on you as on the bullets, right? So if you're being drawn completely vertically, a bullet behind you would not scrape up and hit you? o.O

Getting slightly better at Needle Mountain, although I hate the spirals of diamond bullets and how messy they end up >~< makes me wanna squeeze through tiny openings.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #521 on: February 11, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
Soo... I'm kinda stuck on Hell and Heaven Meltdown... x.x I can't quite do it no matter where I am, and I end up bombing it to survive.
It's one of those cards where either you can or you can't. Nothing much more than just keep practicing.
I hated it and had to quadruple bomb it back when I was clearing normal.
For my lunatic 1cc run, I still quadruple bombed it.

Also, the drawing force of Artificial Sun is the same on you as on the bullets, right? So if you're being drawn completely vertically, a bullet behind you would not scrape up and hit you? o.O
Unless you get sucked in dangerously close to the middle, where all the bullets converge, you shouldn't get hit.

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #522 on: February 14, 2012, 02:17:23 AM »
Getting eaten alive in Marine Benefit. Stage 5 boss to be exact. (I don't even know what stage 6 looks like) Help please?
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #523 on: February 14, 2012, 03:19:00 AM »
Getting eaten alive in Marine Benefit. Stage 5 boss to be exact. (I don't even know what stage 6 looks like) Help please?
Wich difficulty? I've played only normal and found most of Yaobi's stuff doable. Though i've bombspammed her last spell with bubbles.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #524 on: February 14, 2012, 03:38:28 AM »
Wich difficulty? I've played only normal and found most of Yaobi's stuff doable. Though i've bombspammed her last spell with bubbles.

Normal. The last Bubble Spell is BS (ate my last three lives, even with bomb spam.)

Edit: I am using Reimu A (or which ever one is Needle Reimu.)
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #525 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »
Megumi Yaobi

1st noncard
Don't move far away from her, or else the bullets start to move in weird directions

Trickle Sign "Dance of Tears"
Stay on the left side and make sure to read the metal fatigue bullets correctly. Moving vertically helps avoid getting walled.

2nd nonspell
Move with her, or else death.

Yaobi Style Dance "Dance of the Moon"
I have NO idea how to do this. My strategy is to survive the first wave by dodging gaps under me, and then bomb her down.

3rd nonspell
I recommend bombing this one, or be really good at reading those bullets that change direction every second when you circle around the screen.

Famous Alcohol "Noblesse Cider"
She goes left to right, right to left, repeat, etc. Follow her and it ends very quickly.

"The Eight Million Laughing Gods" (i.e. annoying bubble card)
Memorize a path for the first part. For me, I stay at the bottom center bubble. It's up, down, left, right, middle.
Then, it's circling around her in increasing radius, and you might want to bomb if you lose track.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #526 on: February 14, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
Seventh Duel ~ Wild Deserted Island

In terms of difficulty... it's like, Mamizou's brick wall surrounding several pebbles that represent the rest of her attacks.

Someone please help me, this is the third time I've lost here.

I run to one side to try to space out when I have to weave through the dogs and birds and then die because the wave on the other side has started already.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #527 on: February 14, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
I find the dogs easier to navigate through so I usually charge to the direction they're coming from, getting farther away from the incoming birds at the same time. Rinse and repeat.

I don't know if there's much else to it. Learn the hitboxes and ~dodge~.

Zil

« Reply #528 on: February 14, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
I find it easiest to stay in the middle, which also ends it sooner. Going left and right is distracting for me. If you've got her overdrive that's a great way to practice. Also, staying near the bottom is actually a good idea.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #529 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:09 AM »
Seventh Duel ~ Wild Deserted Island

In terms of difficulty... it's like, Mamizou's brick wall surrounding several pebbles that represent the rest of her attacks.

Someone please help me, this is the third time I've lost here.

I run to one side to try to space out when I have to weave through the dogs and birds and then die because the wave on the other side has started already.

I have trouble with this card myself. I found it best to try and have Trance ready when this card hits and just trance it.

« Reply #530 on: February 15, 2012, 04:11:49 AM »
Sorry if I'm a little late responding to this one, but here you go. That's a perfect run against Megumi. Watching replays can really help.

If you need more specific help:

Nonspells in general: Arrow always faces you, bullets head the way the arrow is facing, starting from the boss.
Red nonspell: Stay under Megumi and keep a good distance from the danmaku just in case she moves unexpectedly.
First spell: Pick a side, either left or right, and stick to it. Read ahead, there's almost always room. The bubble tries to center on you, so you should be fine as long as you don't try to dash across the screen or something.
Green nonspell: Again, pick a side and stick to it. Yes, this means diagonal dodging, but there's loads of room. I find trying to follow Megumi here is asking for clipdeath.
Second spell: Stay just above the bottom center, dodging is painfully obvious from there.
Blue nonspell: See that X button? Yeah, about that...
Third spell: On Normal there are no gaps between bubbles, so just stay in the middle row and ignore the bubble movement. Bullets are aimed.
Survival: Practice, practice, practice. Pure memorization. The most likely thing to kill you is overshooting the bubble when it stops at the 29 second mark, so bomb at roughly a second before that if you aren't confident.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #531 on: February 15, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »
DS 8-4, 8-6, 8-7 and 8-8.
HOW DO YOU DO THEM THEY SEEM IMPOSSIBLE well, 8-4 and 8-6 do anyway

« Reply #532 on: February 15, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »

8-4 is going in squares, i haven't done it in ages but here have a look:

Replay I hope you can see the pattern to this.

« Reply #533 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:51 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/index.php?u=&g=125&p=&t=--&d=--&ch=0&order=type&sort=ASC&pg=12

There are probably successful replays for all of them.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #534 on: February 15, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
I've seen how they're done but I don't get it, I get it better with words anyway.
I'll try squares for 8-4, any tricks for getting the photos?

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #535 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
Any quick tips for Remilia's Scarlet Gensokyo? I was able to clear it twice, and now I can't. All my methods fail.

Any help or tips are appreciated!

« Reply #536 on: February 15, 2012, 10:56:58 PM »
I've seen how they're done but I don't get it, I get it better with words anyway.
I'll try squares for 8-4, any tricks for getting the photos?

right at the start, charge-up get to 100% ASAP, and right before utsuho hits you, you can take an easy first picture there.

Since taking pictures brings her to an immediate halt,  go right (possibly wait there for like a split second and charge up or whatever), when you hear that sound of her charging up, run for your life and go up, then left, then down (while going down you're gonna need to dodge some bullets). After that, she charges at you again and you can take another picture right there.

Rinse and repeat, I felt rather creative so i drew it out for you!

C means Possible charge up and wait
C means Charge up about here

Zil

« Reply #537 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »
If I recall correctly, she doesn't always stop when you take a picture and she can fly right into you if you don't watch out. It happened to me several times at least.
Any quick tips for Remilia's Scarlet Gensokyo? I was able to clear it twice, and now I can't. All my methods fail.

Any help or tips are appreciated!
If you're not at full power going into Scarlet Meister and you know you're going to bomb it anyway, you can avoid the power items from the previous spell and pick up the ones from Scarlet Meister to cancel the first wave of Scarlet Gensokyo. She won't renew it immediately as if you had used a bomb. As for actual strategy I have no idea. It's a pretty random spell altogether.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #538 on: February 15, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
As for actual strategy I have no idea. It's a pretty random spell altogether.
Just dont go high off the bottom, dodge small bullets, watch out for every third dense wave of bubbles and pray you dont get walled and Remilia will be mostly right above you :ohdear:
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

OtakuGray

• It's time to D-D-D-DANMAKU!
  • When you lose your way, you can blame the fairies
    • BecauselmGray - AMVs, Replays, Etc...
« Reply #539 on: February 15, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »
Been trying to get past Cirno on EoSD on normal mode and I don't know what it is about those spell cards but I can't seem to avoid them no matter what I do... I can avoid everything else but when it comes to Cirno I always lose all my lives. Anybody know some helpful tips with dodging her bullets? I'd like to avoid using bombs for that battle :/

Heres my replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwimt5QfW2A&feature=channel_video_title

I'm noticing that once her spells start up, I...basically start walking straight into her attacks like a doofus LOL