Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223892 times)

Zil

Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #600 on: February 26, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
The fuck....SA stage 5 lunatic, is my worse enemy, any tips on Orin (midboss and boss)? And  stage 5 overall, because it is doing my head in by ruining my runs -.-
Thanks
That's hard to say if you don't name a specific part.

Try to kill those orbs in the beginning in a specific order. You should take them out in the order they appear, for the most part.
The orbs after the midboss always appear from the same place, so a path there is good too.
You can safespot Orin's opener by sitting where the shuriken appear.
Stand over Orin a bit for her first spell, then loop around clockwise and just zerg through any fairies that get between you and the boss. If you stand on her head when you're over her you can hit her with your shots even before going under her. Just move up before the blue bullets appear or you won't be able to react.
I feel like everyone knows the trick for her next nonspell. Just stand right under her and stream down, then go back up.
The next spell should be easy. Just get back to the middle before the next ring spawns.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:19:51 PM by Zil »

« Reply #601 on: February 26, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
Thanks for the tips!

The stage is fine now, its just Orin, especially her mid-boss spell card, and the one with the ghost wheels (maybe her final spell but i got the hang of it, the replay was full of bad luck on the final spell).

Replay

Zil

« Reply #602 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
Yeah, Cat's Walk is probably the hardest spell in the game, and the ghost wheels are tough.

You know that if you stop shooting at those two parts in the stage nothing will fire, right? The parts with the spirits flying past and the orb in center.
For her second nonspell you want to stand so close to Orin that no bullets spawn above you. Then make one small movement when the spirits explode and reposition under Orin again. I should have described that more clearly but I assumed you already knew it just because everyone seems to use it.
And you say you got the hang of her last spell, but it will only take one bomb to clear it if you stand under her the whole time and bomb right before something hits you, so you might want to do that just because you'll get the power back in stage 6. Also Orin herself has no hitbox in that spell, so you can stand on top of her to get some free shots in. The shuriken won't spawn just like in her opener.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #603 on: February 26, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
How do you deal with what I lovingly call the "Microsoft Paint lasers" in MS?

[attach=1] [attach=2]

Doing figure-8s gets me past about 4-5 of them, but then they catch up, and I'm forced to bomb (repeatedly, since they aren't cleared by bombing).

« Reply #604 on: February 26, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
Has anyone ever managed (on Lunatic) to capture Youkai "Blazing Wheel" with Reimu C at full power? I can barely even get it to start humming, if that even. Is it (humanly) possible?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #605 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »
Has anyone ever managed (on Lunatic) to capture Youkai "Blazing Wheel" with Reimu C at full power? I can barely even get it to start humming, if that even. Is it (humanly) possible?
It should be. You'll want to delay going unfocused for as long as possible, and even then you'll be brought down to less than 10 seconds, but it can be done.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #606 on: February 26, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
It should be. You'll want to delay going unfocused for as long as possible, and even then you'll be brought down to less than 10 seconds, but it can be done.

My best efforts are for naught, even when trying to shotgun with all four options hitting during the first second. I just can't keep focused long enough to deal enough damage.

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #607 on: February 26, 2012, 11:28:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvg9e1m4Pc

Bananamatic managed to capture the spell being fully focused. I'm sure that ReimuC would be able to take it down like that.  ;)

« Reply #608 on: February 26, 2012, 11:52:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvg9e1m4Pc

Bananamatic managed to capture the spell being fully focused. I'm sure that ReimuC would be able to take it down like that.  ;)

Wow, yeah, I didn't know it helped to stay off the bottom of the screen. Still can't do it though, I really suck at this  :(

Immortal Momiji!

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #609 on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:23 AM »
HALP?!?!?!?!

I'm still fighitng IN Lunatic and got really close recently. (Hourai Jewel). I need more consistency before that though. So here are my problem areas.

stage 1. bad luck by refusing to bomb at all. if i die or have to bomb on stage 1, I restart.

stage 2. just fine until Poisonous Moth's Scales. I am at a loss at any real tech for that. halp please?
-her 2nd nonspell eats me alive. either it's the metal fatigue shower that hits me or the BS set up of her green bullet waves.
-1st spell  doesn't like me when the red arrows come out, always clips me at least once, forcing a bomb.

stage 3:
KEINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *rage* I can deal with her nonspells just fine, it's not that. it's-
-Epehmerality 137: too....fast...... is there some way to misdirect the bullet waves the metal fatigue bullets spawn?
-her 3rd spell. just....f**k..... I am clueless there and needs help.
-4th spell. not so bad but I always managed to be clipped by a laser near the end. any advice for such a problem.

stage 4: not bad at all. I just need to figure out some consistency for Asteroid Belt.

Stage 5: no problems except Tewi. Any ideas for her 1st phase, which always kills me?

stage 6. here we go....

Opener to the stage: Oh FU- *dies*

I can do the rest of the stage ok but Eirin's non-spell is ludicrous but I can cap Galazy in a Pot. Can't explain that.

Kaguya. Her 2nd non-spell is a pain. Riemu can't pop the orbs fast enough to solve the issue without bombing, any ideas?

-the rest of her is ok except 2 cards.

-Life Spring infitiny: how the heck? I know to be up close to her from my hard mode exploit but I can't figure out her stars for the life of me, halp please?

Hourai Jewel: can die in a fire. I have a general streaming strat down for this card but turning around the second time makes me die every time. halp please?

I know this is a lot, but I am desperate, I wants my 1cc dang it. =D
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #610 on: February 27, 2012, 04:11:31 AM »
I'm still fighitng IN Lunatic and got really close recently. (Hourai Jewel). I need more consistency before that though. So here are my problem areas.
Huh.  I just re-cleared this with default lives, so I'll try to help.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=19038

Mystia...I can't help with her.  I'm atrocious against her.
Epheremality: There's no re-directing to be done (other than Keine's movement, she follows you), but try to shoot down minimum 2 familiars per wave.
3rd and 4th spells: captured in my replay.  Go between the gaps and I guess read and dodge, although the pattern for her last one is static/aimed.
Just bomb Asteroid Belt.  It's not worth going for in a 1cc run.
Tewi: Using Border Team, I found a consistent method to bomb her first part only once with no dodging, as seen in the replay.
Stage 6 opening: lower left corner is the easiest place to dodge from, again just bomb it.
Eirin's nonspell is stupid.  2 bombs there.
kaguya's second nonspell can be redirected, as demonstrated in the replay.  Just go off to her side and stay focused.
LSI: same as hard mode but with more stars.
Hourai Jewel: SPell practice, spell practce, spell practice.  Learn the gaps, or if you have 1 life in stock bomb at the edges of the screen.  Here's my only capture of it ever: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17272

Hope this helps!

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #611 on: February 27, 2012, 11:41:24 PM »
If you're going for the 1cc, then yeah, bomb Asteroid Belt, Tewi's first attack, and Mystia's first card if you're really stuck on those.

Keine's lasers in her 4th spell are static, and the bullets are aimed.

Stage 6B's opener is mostly static. You can get rid of the first fairy quickly by starting on top of the youkai character on the phantom gauge, then tapping right until it's gone.

LSI pretty much has to be done right under Kaguya for Hard and Lunatic. Yeah, it's just the Hard version with another layer of stars. There are two gaps that form for a second, so go through those.

For Hourai Jewel, change the direction you're streaming in when the bullets aren't being aimed at you for a split second. Try to time it so that you don't get trapped by the orbs. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=19089

As for Eirin's nonspell in 6B, it's pretty much learning the pattern. Nothing much to say there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWa_NCOrLC0 at 1:04.

« Reply #612 on: February 28, 2012, 12:22:57 AM »
Lunatic Demacarnation, how do?
I don't like wasting a bomb on that card but I've only captured it about twice and it's really annoying.

Zil

« Reply #613 on: February 28, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »
You stream the aimed things of course, basically just keep moving in one direction. Then look for two bullets that are moving apart in the expanding rings and zip through them. It's easier if you can go through the bullets sideways then straight up through them. It's really not that tough onve you get the hang of it. Just ignore those aimed bullets as you move in one direction and think of the attack as being only the criss-cross rings. Or if you're desperate repeatedly fight Reisen and Tewi in PoFV to get used to those kinds of thing.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #614 on: February 28, 2012, 02:41:56 AM »
Huh.  I just re-cleared this with default lives, so I'll try to help.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=19038

Mystia...I can't help with her.  I'm atrocious against her.
Epheremality: There's no re-directing to be done (other than Keine's movement, she follows you), but try to shoot down minimum 2 familiars per wave.
3rd and 4th spells: captured in my replay.  Go between the gaps and I guess read and dodge, although the pattern for her last one is static/aimed.
Just bomb Asteroid Belt.  It's not worth going for in a 1cc run.
Tewi: Using Border Team, I found a consistent method to bomb her first part only once with no dodging, as seen in the replay.
Stage 6 opening: lower left corner is the easiest place to dodge from, again just bomb it.
Eirin's nonspell is stupid.  2 bombs there.
kaguya's second nonspell can be redirected, as demonstrated in the replay.  Just go off to her side and stay focused.
LSI: same as hard mode but with more stars.
Hourai Jewel: SPell practice, spell practce, spell practice.  Learn the gaps, or if you have 1 life in stock bomb at the edges of the screen.  Here's my only capture of it ever: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17272

Hope this helps!

It does and I will be sure to use this for future plays but...

the reason I was wanting this has already passed. *goes to accomplishment thread now*

Also, I know I can cap Asteroid Belt, just not consistently.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #615 on: February 28, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »
Is there some way to capture Wizard Fox Thoughts on Ultra?

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #616 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
Is there some way to capture Wizard Fox Thoughts on Ultra?

By the looks of it, I don't think it's humanly possible to capture. Streaming doesn't work anymore. :ohdear:

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »
Working on a PErfect Moukou run. (well. at least an all card cap one, her last non-spell is BS.)

Fujiyama Volcano........can die in a fire *no pun intended*

Halp please??!?!?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is this "ultra" mode people keep talking about?

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2012, 12:20:21 AM »
Working on a PErfect Moukou run. (well. at least an all card cap one, her last non-spell is BS.)

Halp please??!?!?

Ya

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what is this "ultra" mode people keep talking about?

Twice the bullets, auto-death bomb

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #619 on: March 01, 2012, 01:19:29 AM »
Ya

Twice the bullets, auto-death bomb

I do want this for 8. IT won't let me translate the page so could someone Drop box me the Ultra Modes for these games?

« Reply #620 on: March 01, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »

Halp please??!?!?
My timeout vid of the card. Granted I make a minor mistake at the end but the method used there should easily cap it.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #621 on: March 01, 2012, 02:58:30 AM »
My timeout vid of the card. Granted I make a minor mistake at the end but the method used there should easily cap it.

Will keep that in mind when I play her next. (wanna make sure I can cap that and Moon Curse consistently before going for a perfect.

and just for a good luagh to anyone reading this, is there any stratgy for Mokou's last nonspell? (the speedy purple nonsense).

Zil

« Reply #622 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »
For the volcano card Malkyrian has the right idea the video. I'm not sure if it's possible to start above her in an actual run becuase it comes right after the rings of death, but you don't need to do that. The basic idea is when she shoots that lone explosion you want to get all the way to the other side, then stream back the way you came. Also at the points when you're up beside Mokou, some people choose to go over her and down the other side of the screen rather than streaming back down. Both work, so use whichever is easier.

There's nothing really predictable about the last nonspell (the rings of death), but hopefully you can clear it with just one bomb. Make sure you bomb as Reimu then because Yukari's bomb is lame. I happen to have a one-miss timeout, in case you think you can learn from it, and becuase I like showing off my videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXM2QyQOlc8

It has very little health, so it's possible to just get lucky and capture it if you really want a "perfect" run. My advice would be then to stay directly under her as much you can to just end it quickly.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:12:05 PM by Zil »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
For the volcano card Malkyrian has the right idea the video. I'm not sure if it's possible to start above her in an actual run becuase it comes right after the rings of death, but you don't need to do that. The basic idea is when she shoots that lone explosion you want to get all the way to the other side, then stream back the way you came. Also at the points when you're up beside Mokou, some people choose to go over her and down the other side of the screen rather than streaming back down. Both work, so use whichever is easier.

There's nothing really predictable about the last nonspell (the rings of death), but hopefully you can clear it with just one bomb. Make sure you bomb as Reimu then because Yukari's bomb is lame. I happen to have a one-miss timeout, in case you think you can learn from it, and becuase I like showing off my videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXM2QyQOlc8

It has very little health, so it's possible to just get lucky and capture it if you really want a "perfect" run. My advice would be then to stay directly under her as much you can to just end it quickly.

IN this case I hope for perfect in a loose sense. Tthe rings of death can die in a fire. I will elect to bomb them when it comes up but it shoudl be the only bomb I use in the run.

(not gonna count IS because it comes, technically, after the fight.)

Zil

« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
 :( I'm sure you could capture Imperishable Shooting at the end if you practice it a bit. It's pretty much static.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #625 on: March 01, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
I'm sure you could capture Imperishable Shooting at the end if you practice it a bit. It's pretty much static.
Practice makes perfect.
I need so much more practice.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2012, 05:16:23 PM »
I think my IS record might be somewhere in the hundreds at the moment. Not one attempt made it past the first wave with 5 rings.

Why bomb the rings of death if you're doing a perfect? You shouldn't be worried about dying so you might as well try...

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #627 on: March 01, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
I think my IS record might be somewhere in the hundreds at the moment. Not one attempt made it past the first wave with 5 rings.

Why bomb the rings of death if you're doing a perfect? You shouldn't be worried about dying so you might as well try...

I need to go review IS if I am gonna od that then.

As for the RIng of Death, because I have never ever gotten past them, or even relitively close to, without bombing them.

I fight this girl as a touhou warm-up, so it only make sense to try and perfect her. =D

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
Big Crunch and Open Universe seem to be Marisa's resident life/bomb dumps. Any tips?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:17 PM »
Wtf is Orin's third nonspell? I see some pattern there, but still cant get it ???
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear