Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221897 times)

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2013, 11:47:22 PM »
I was about to watch my friend play Dark Souls, when he said "Want me to show you my pyro character? She's really good at using fire and pretty much nothing else." I immediately thought of Mokou, and I told him to load up the character. I was, sadly, disappointed, but the character was still pretty cool anyways.

Also, my mom wore a shirt that has purple and white stripes on it. Over the shirt, she wore a sweater with a lighter shade of purple. I was about to call her Patchouli, but then I stopped myself. Thank God that I didn't, or else questions upon questions would be going up, and I don't want to risk my parents finding out about the Touhou fandom. I'd rather just show them the games and nothing else.

And because of my Touhou addiction, I think I got my friend somewhat-addicted. Whenever I see him, he expects me to make some sort of reference. I feel good about myself.

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #301 on: December 02, 2013, 05:01:15 AM »
...I don't want to risk my parents finding out about the Touhou fandom. I'd rather just show them the games and nothing else.

And because of my Touhou addiction, I think I got my friend somewhat-addicted. Whenever I see him, he expects me to make some sort of reference. I feel good about myself.

I told my parents I was interested in cosplaying (possibly), and they wanted to know what character and what from. All I told them was the game title and character name, and didn't show a picture. My parents would probably think I wanted to cross-dress and would never let me live that down (my mom loves watching Rue Paul (sp?) and would probably think it was something along those lines)

My friends expect the same from me, but only because I'm openly a fan of Touhou, none of them are really into it so much as liking the characters I tell them about. Anyways, there's an anime store just off campus that my friends go to to hunt Nichijou figures, and any time they find anything Touhou related they buy it for me. I'm thankful for the gifts, but I don't really need postcards and playing cards.

Side note: after running into Zun at AWA, my friend makes it a point to say "Yeah but you met Zun" or "St----, you met Zun" any time I start doubting myself or my abilities. It was humorous at first, but now it's fairly annoying.

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #302 on: December 02, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
My friends expect the same from me, but only because I'm openly a fan of Touhou, none of them are really into it so much as liking the characters I tell them about. Anyways, there's an anime store just off campus that my friends go to to hunt Nichijou figures, and any time they find anything Touhou related they buy it for me. I'm thankful for the gifts, but I don't really need postcards and playing cards.

What? You have an anime store near you? I'm jelly.

Anyways, during one of my classes today, the teacher was asking some sort of question involving numbers, so I said 9. Wanna know something funny? ...It was the correct answer. Thanks, Cirno!

Also, I was reading a book today, and I came across one part when the main character was saying something about the character in some story he's writing (STORYCEPTION). Anyways, this character's name meant something about a bird rising from it's ashes, and when it sings, other people stop and come along to listen. I thought of Mystia, but I read a little more, and it said something about the name meaning a phoenix. I then thought of Mokou. I wonder how a combination of both Mokou and Mystia would come out... Myskou? Moktia? I don't even know anymore.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
Well, I started playing Call of Duty's Multiplayer again, after a quite long hiatus.
And well, just look at my clan tag: "Toho"
I remember that Black Ops 2 was released back at my golden age of Touhou, so naturally, I would put this tag in it, and I also started using it in every COD game that I played afterwards. I also use this tag in Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.
BTW, I'm still fixing my KD ratio on MW3. It's .813 now...

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »
So yesterday, I was in my chemistry class doing a lab where we had to put one end of a q-tip that was dipped in alcohol and had a chemical on it towards a candle flame. While my teacher was explaining the lab rules, I started thinking about what would happen if Mokou was my lab partner. My though ended with Mokou accidently setting the lab table on fire. ???

I had my PS Vita music on shuffle today. I don't have a lot of Touhou songs on it right now. But in my last class I had it on shuffle and it played 6 Touhou songs in a row while I was working on my Touhou game.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

« Reply #305 on: December 05, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
Today it went from pretty hot to freezing cold and snowing in less than 10 minutes, so I went to the window and yelled, "Dang it Tenshi, not again!" as loud as I could. I then had to explain who Tenshi was, and my classmates think I'm completely insane now.
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2013, 12:23:17 AM »
I then had to explain who Tenshi was, and my classmates think I'm completely insane now.

Some people think I'm crazy because I always laugh a little bit whenever I see or hear something that makes me think of Touhou. Such as when my friend accidentally typed "Chen" instead of "chem".

It has been recently snowing a little bit. Everyone goes crazy over snow around here. I can't decide whether to blame Letty or Cirno. I'll go with Letty for now.

I was also playing Zandronum (basically online Doom) and some players' names were Touhou characters' names. I saw "Utsuho Reiuji" in black and green letters, and "Cirno" in light blue letters. Mine is "Mokou" in red letters. I also saw an 8-bit MegaMan Deathmatch server with some Touhou classes modification. I never played it (because I'm not really interested in MegaMan Deathmatch), but I'll probably play it whenever it comes back online.

...Now I better get back to playing GTA: SA with that one Touhou mod. Pretty fun, I must say.

SIRookie

« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2013, 12:53:07 AM »
...Now I better get back to playing GTA: SA with that one Touhou mod. Pretty fun, I must say.

There's a Subterranean Animism mod for GTA? Or... Oh  wait a second... Wrong acronym.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2013, 02:30:13 AM »
Try laughing whenever "in" is capitalized.

ALSO, THIS.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2013, 06:38:34 AM »
I also saw an 8-bit MegaMan Deathmatch server with some Touhou classes modification. I never played it (because I'm not really interested in MegaMan Deathmatch), but I'll probably play it whenever it comes back online.
I tried that mod once. I did not like it at all. If I remember correctly, it was pretty hard to hit things with the bullets because the patterns were a bit awkward or something like that.

Also, I decided to stop being lazy and do something for once.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »
I tried that mod once. I did not like it at all. If I remember correctly, it was pretty hard to hit things with the bullets because the patterns were a bit awkward or something like that.
So there were basically a lot of Icicle Falls? I'm asking because that mod is in development hell now.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »
When you realize suddenly that Doopliss and Nue are based on the same concept.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2013, 12:56:51 AM »
So there were basically a lot of Icicle Falls? I'm asking because that mod is in development hell now.
I just went back to it and there are quite a few RNG-based attacks, especially Patchouli's. They also all take forever to do enough damage to kill. Even the melee attacks don't do enough damage to have even a 5-hit kill.

« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
In my spare time, I like to compose my own music for the heck of it. The other day, I thought my song sounded somehow very familiar. I put off thinking about it for a while and played some UNL. Then it hit me. The melody was exactly the same as The Grimoire of Alice, and I didn't even realize it. I've also done the same thing with Scarlet Beyond a Crimson Dream, Flowering Night, Septette for the Dead Queen, and Deaf to All but the Song.

I also use too many trumpets, and my friend is concerned I'm turning into ZUN.

SIRookie

« Reply #314 on: December 10, 2013, 01:27:02 AM »
The other day I updated my browsers, which blew out my cookies and required me to log back into a number of websites.
The password requirements for most websites are fairly lenient, but not for academic websites (at least not mine). I went to log into my school account so I could get to my email, course info, etc. when I realized something.

Most of the passwords for my academic websites are all character names and the number of spellcards they have.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #315 on: December 10, 2013, 02:44:58 AM »
In my spare time, I like to compose my own music for the heck of it. The other day, I thought my song sounded somehow very familiar. I put off thinking about it for a while and played some UNL. Then it hit me. The melody was exactly the same as The Grimoire of Alice, and I didn't even realize it. I've also done the same thing with Scarlet Beyond a Crimson Dream, Flowering Night, Septette for the Dead Queen, and Deaf to All but the Song.

Do you have links? I'm interested.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #316 on: December 10, 2013, 06:10:49 AM »
I spent an hour listening to Bad Apple!! remixes.  Still my favorite song.
Normal 1cc: EoSD (ReimuA, MarisaA), IN (Border Team)
My first 1cc!

Kurosun

• Utsuho's disciple
  • Long life to the Danmaku!
    • Dragged and Trapped (my fiction)
« Reply #317 on: December 10, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »
When you are playing "Valkyrie Crusade" on your own Galaxy S3 and find cards like "Princess Kaguya" and see them as the characters from Touhou, or when there are cards like "Kushinadahime" that are way too similar to Touhou characters... (Evolved Kushinadahime is Reimu in disguise, while "Succubus" is Koakuma under cover... See them if you don't believe me o3o)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #318 on: December 10, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
I didn't write it, but it's hilarious and I'm trying to memorize it.

Jingle Bells (Touhou Edition) ~ Spellcard Spells

« Reply #319 on: December 11, 2013, 02:20:43 AM »
A guy came up and highfived me because I was whistling 'U. N. Owen was Her?' without realizing I was doing it. He recognized the song, and thought I deserved praise. The sad part? He thought I was whistling Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz.

So close. So close.

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #320 on: December 11, 2013, 03:08:54 AM »
A guy came up and highfived me because I was whistling 'U. N. Owen was Her?' without realizing I was doing it. He recognized the song, and thought I deserved praise. The sad part? He thought I was whistling Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz.

So close. So close.

Gotta hate those moments.

Now I've shared my addiction well enough to my friend that he thinks that any game that I have, that I have some sort of Touhou mod/name/something for it. And it's true. All of the games I have except for Amnesia, Battlefiend 2, Skyrim, and Warzone 2100 have some sort of Touhou thing in it.

I also read a Touhou creepypasta lately. I wasn't even intentionally searching for a Touhou creepypasta. I was just browsing through "Video Games" creepypastas and found it. It's called Mima, and the story is actually good compared to others I've read. Give it a read here: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mima (And remember, this is the creepypasta wiki. Not for the faint of heart, my friends.)

« Reply #321 on: December 11, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
When Braveheart's (the film) OST reminds you History of the Moon.
When the high speed trains passing by the station reminds you Yukari.
When your avatar/signature in non-Touhou related forums contain Touhou characters.
EoSD-> Easy clear
PCB-> Normal mode clear (3cc)
MoF-> Stage 6 normal
TD-> Stage 5 normal

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #322 on: December 11, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »
SMWC has usernames like Snowy Scarlet, Yuyuko Saigyouji, AND a mod called Satori Komeji!

Yes, I used to be doing a romhack of freaking Super Mario World.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #323 on: December 11, 2013, 06:00:40 PM »
SMWC has usernames like Snowy Scarlet, Yuyuko Saigyouji, AND a mod called Satori Komeji!

Some of those are Christmas usernames. Snowy Scarlet is normally called Silver Scarlet, and Satori Komeiji is normally aj6666.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:06:32 PM by Goomba98 »

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #324 on: December 11, 2013, 06:09:10 PM »
Some of those are Christmas usernames.
Yes, and to go on further, Yuyuko Saigyouji... is me, because this is my current "Christmas" username. Heck, I'm currently Yuyuko on SMWC's IRC network.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »

Holy, you came from SMWC too?!

« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2013, 06:53:32 PM »
(Hi SMWC guys, I didn't know some of you were actually the same people)

I guess I would almost sorta count too but not really. "Sorta" because I have been around SMWC for a very long time (not anymore) but "not really" because I never actually registered there. Never had a reason to. I used to do some extensive SMW hacks, but I always kept them to myself because I considered them not worth showing to anyone else. Mostly what I did around the site was help fill out the RAM/ROM maps and other things.

Speaking of Touhou names, I remember a great while back there was this Flandre_Scarlet. Not sure if they are the same person as the Snowy Scarlet/Silver Scarlet person, as I said I don't visit there anymore really.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2013, 07:06:52 PM »
Well, my username is FamilyTeamProductions on SMWC. I've been inactive for a ridiculously long time now. I even uploaded a demo for my hack there! It never got finished, tough the second demo was really close to completion.
Man, you guys just don't know how important that site was for me... I was even planning on loging in again to make a thread just to thank everyone on the site for the good times...

« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2013, 07:31:18 PM »
I know this may be slightly off-topic, but while we're still here and talking about SMWC, I think I might offer up my final SMW related thing to you guys if you want it.

A foreground graphics set, comes in a variety of palettes (Gold, Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, Volcanic, and a lighter greenish)
The crystalline palettes have a darker set of colors used for Layer2 blocks. The volcanic and light green lack this. (You can see it's miscolored)
Includes solid blocks, walkthrough blocks, 45 degree slopes in all directions, layered slopes (ie: has background drawn on it to not conflict with overlaying multiple block formations)
Spikes, sizeable spikes, layered spikes and layered sizeable spikes... Also the proper connecting blocks for solid > spike so they don't look funny.
"Skinny" (1x# wide) solid blocks, "Short" (#x1 tall) solid blocks, a 1x1 block...

It has literally everything I planned to ever use, so yeah. It's definitely a thing.
Unfortunately, I am NEVER going to put this to use, I'm serious, so I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Can PM me if you want it, so as not to derail the topic or anything. I don't care how you use it, a simple "*whatever level* FG Graphics and Palette by SirBlueberry @MotK" in a readme file or something is plenty enough credit for me.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #329 on: December 11, 2013, 07:58:20 PM »
I went back to find my crappy hack. Forgot my password...
Username I remember, but there's no way to recover my password.

Ever been on www.saltybet.com?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:01:41 PM by Cybeast710 »