Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221887 times)

Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2013, 05:58:28 PM »
There's a new movie coming out called "The Book Thief" and my first thought was "Marisa wrote a movie script?"

98digger

• The Master of 9801
  • What? Windows? What's that?
    • The 98th Dimension
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2013, 01:57:44 AM »
When you buy an antique Admiral-brand radio and the first thing you use it to listen to is necrofantasia and practically every song from Mystic Square :D.

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2013, 02:29:41 AM »
When you're bored in school and draw an epic picture that contains the Evil Eye Sigma, Yuugen-Magaan, the 5 Magic Orbs, The Saigyou Ayakashi, and Kogasa's Umbrella on notebook paper to pass the time.

Shio Yamote

• Like a Miko
  • OMG! Clipdeaths!
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2013, 03:55:41 AM »
When you have the complete soundtrack from all games in your phone.
1cc's:
Normal: All
Hard: PCB, IN, TD
Lunatic: IN
Extras: EoSD, PCB Extra+Phantasm, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2013, 08:37:10 AM »
I was making origami butterflies two days ago to give away to people who donate to a charity (as an incentive other than "Help those in need") and when I was going to sleep I literally said to myself "OMG why have I not done that yet. "That" refers to making dichromatic butterflies of the colours of the playable characters. So now I have a red-white and a black-white butterfly. Guess who? :P

I'd post pictures but apparently I don't have a camera other than the one on my very old phone :<

P.S: Anybody know why the spell checker considers "dichromatic" wrong?

« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2013, 08:55:39 AM »
P.S: Anybody know why the spell checker considers "dichromatic" wrong?

This is only a really quick assumption, but based on how "chromatic" works for it, but not "dichromatic", "trichromatic" etc, I believe it'll only bother checking the first iteration, out of the practically infinite possibilities. If you consider it this way; you could say "Why not add dichromatic?" but then you also have to say "May as well add trichromatic while we're at it, right?" "Should we go ahead and add quadchromatic too then?" and so on...

In other words, Di- in this case is just a prefix to chromatic, and I suppose it's not smart enough to realize that and register it as a "correct" word. It only really thinks "you didn't spell chromatic correctly".

I don't know how Chrome works, but in Firefox you can right-click a word to add it to the built in spellcheck dictionary. But if it's the forum spellchecker you are talking about... Well, you can only just ignore it lol :V
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:58:47 AM by SirBlueberry »

« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
Well, I discovered yesterday that you can choose one of your own files as the Ps3 profile photo (and I'm the BOFH wannabe orz), so it didn't take long before I put LittleShrimp's Murasa-from-the-AWA-scroll as mine. That, and my PS3 wallpaper is Parsee :V

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
You know we as a community are addicted to Touhou when suddenly the volume number looks like it MIIIIIIIGHT outpace the game numbers.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »
You see your twice-weekly published college newspaper as being the equivalent of the BunBun Maru newspaper in terms of popularity and read it solely for that reason

« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
When you listen to a Touhou stage theme, and you go "Hey, this is the part where the midboss appears!"

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2013, 02:08:42 PM »
When you listen to a Touhou stage theme, and you go "Hey, this is the part where the midboss appears!"

Pssssh, if it's Stage 1 or 2, try playing the level in your head.

Also, when you come up with an idea for 15.

Touhou 15: Test of Time: Yukari felt Reimu was getting a little rusty, so she sends her back in time to do previous fights again.

Easy - Stage 2 bosses from 6 to 14, not counting 9.
Normal - Stage 3 bosses from same
Hard - Stage 5 bosses from same
Lunatic - Final bosses from same.

Arcade - Yukari's ultimate troll. Play through ALL 4 DIFFICULTY LEVELS IN A ROW, WITH SAME LIVES AND CONTINUES AS IF YOU WERE DOING ONE.

FUCK NO!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:06:55 PM by Edible »
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:44 PM »
You know we as a community are addicted to Touhou when suddenly the volume number looks like it MIIIIIIIGHT outpace the game numbers.

Already happened

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2013, 02:24:10 AM »
So I was sitting in my game and simulation class yesterday and my teacher said that our new project for the next 3 weeks was to create a game in Alice. So I am going to try and create a Touhou game in Alice. There are some problems I am trying to think up the solution to like the problem of what the bullet patterns are going to be and the fact that the character selection in Alice for females that fit into the game are limited.
The good news though is that I am almost done with the main menu :Veven though it looks bad

Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

SIRookie

« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:53 AM »
The good news though is that I am almost done with the main menu :Veven though it looks bad

Breaking the thread for a moment, just to say best of luck to you. Don't worry too much about little details, because 3 weeks is quite the limited amount of time. From my limited experience programming, no one will notice if you think it looks/runs nasty, as long as other people think it works
(and it does long enough to fool them) :derp:

Anyways, back to what we were saying...

« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »
I was at the bookstore today, and saw a book written by someone with the last name of Kaku that was about science.  All I could think about was Seiga having some crazy plan including giving phony science to the kappa to see what chaos came about because of it...

« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2013, 06:10:33 PM »
I saw a truck driver who put one hand straight out of the window and immediately thought he took driving lessons by Rumia
While playing Disgaea 4 I noticed that the portal where you choose the episode looks like Byakuren's scroll and some specials resemble danmaku
In my school some computers have Yakumo keyboards
Also to motivate myself I tried to match my subjects in school with Touhou characters

SIRookie

« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »
Also to motivate myself I tried to match my subjects in school with Touhou characters

On a related note, I have a picture of Shiki Eiki next to my desk in my room to try to keep me from slacking
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:10:12 PM by SIRookie »

« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2013, 08:02:45 PM »
Somebody told me to look up "Raining Blood" by Slayer. While listening to it, I thought some of it sounded quite a bit like Magus Night. (I suppose it doesn't help, though, that the last video I watched before it was a playthrough of 12.8's extra stage.)

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #289 on: November 24, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »
Before I say anything else,  I am a fan of Ao Oni and its fangames.
I get on the Ao Oni Wikia quite often, and it turns out that someone released a game called Kagome Oni, which I played the demo for. I knew the game was going to be good. I downloaded it and put it in my oni game folder. I start up the game... and... well...

This picture came up:

Yep. I was confused at first as to what it was (because it was only there for a second or two), but it's Sakuya hugging Remilia. Sakuya's face is edited to show the face of Lee-Soon-Jae, which is part of a semi-popular oni game called Lee-Soon-Jae Oni. Damn you, oni game makers!

Speaking of oni games, I am making an oni game starring the Touhou characters. Not too sure on how it'll turn out, but people said that my games are good, so I shouldn't worry.

« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
You see danmaku when you close your eyes after hours of playing touhou.

Somebody told me to look up "Raining Blood" by Slayer. While listening to it, I thought some of it sounded quite a bit like Magus Night. (I suppose it doesn't help, though, that the last video I watched before it was a playthrough of 12.8's extra stage.)
I can hear it too. Speaking of SLAYER, a couple of days ago I spent a good bit of time practicing Marisa's IN spell cards while listening to Black Magic.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »
Today was an advanced chemistry exam, and one question was:

"Which of these is the STRONGEST acid?"

"Strongest" was caps-locked, too.

So I wrote as the correct choice "HCIRnO" under the answers. I then erased it for fear of looking stupid for using a noble gas in an acid, and picked the correct answer.

Cirno is the strongest acid.

« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2013, 11:23:20 PM »
Today a random guy came over to me and asked what my middle name is. I told him it was "Udongein".

He believed me.
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

cb5

« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2013, 05:57:04 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you avoid cutting your hair because it's the perfect length for cosplaying one of your favorite girls without having to buy a wig.
I feel as though this comment speaks to me on a spiritual level.

« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2013, 06:20:29 AM »
Edit: Nothin'
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:06:28 AM by ReimiliaScarlet »

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2013, 06:34:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure you guys know about that one website called Omegle. If not... Well... Omegle is an anonymous chat website, in which you chat with random people (though it seems like some pervert infestation if you've been on there long enough), and the things you can do on there are quite... interesting. There's a text chat, video/webcam chat, and an addition to text chat where you can ask a question and 2 people discuss it.

I go on regular text chat and roleplay as certain characters. I mostly roleplay as Aya on there because she fits quite perfectly.

For the video chat, I pick random videos to play to troll people with. Not all of my videos are Touhou videos either, but most of them are. Some reactions I get on there are priceless.

For the question-text chat, I ask a question related to Touhou, or just the simple "Touhou. Discuss now."
Most people just say "what". Surprisingly a few people actually knew what it was! Some people said that they didn't like it, but one of them said that they did like it!

It's a lot of fun. You guys should give it a try sometime. You may or may not regret it.

You know when you're addicted to both Touhou and Doom at the same time if you almost cry when you see this:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfLz98GlC1M   :qq:
We were so close to having a Touhou Doom WAD, and the damn Terry minions had to ruin it for us. Go to Hell, Terry!
And at the end, where it shows all of the enemies, look at all of the names. Specifically the last one where it shows the player. I feel offended. I really do.
*sigh* ...Might as well stick with the Touhou Doom WADs we already have, which isn't much.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2013, 05:54:35 PM »
I go on regular text chat and roleplay as certain characters. I mostly roleplay as Aya on there because she fits quite perfectly.
For the video chat, I pick random videos to play to troll people with. Not all of my videos are Touhou videos either, but most of them are. Some reactions I get on there are priceless.

I've tried... no one sticks around for text, and for video... do you play Rickroll'd?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:57:32 PM by Cybeast710 »

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #297 on: November 28, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »
I've tried... no one sticks around for text, and for video... do you play Rickroll'd?

If I'm using Touhou videos... well... I pretty much do the same as this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumia126
He inspired me to get on Omegle and just screw around with people.

If I'm using videos that aren't Touhou, they're probably going to be some kind of weird creepy video I find. Such as this (Beware of jumpscares... you may want to turn your volume down!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6onRAtHFs
Though I might consider doing some other kinds of trolling.

You know you're addicted to Touhou when you install the Touhou Items Mod and the Custom NPC mod for Minecraft. And then you add Touhou skins to the Custom NPC files.
I have Sakuya walking around my house, throwing knives at any invading monsters. I have Youmu doing the same thing, but using melee weapons instead. Reimu stays at the front door incase any zombies break in. Why have Iron golems when you can have Touhou?

I have future plans of finding a village and putting Rinnosuke and his shop in there. Why do poor trading with derpy caveman squidwards when you can trade efficiently with an actual human?
Any ideas for what other characters should do?

cb5

« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2013, 11:28:39 PM »
You know you're addicted to touhou when you've never played any sort of danmaku games before and after one week you're already playing lunatic mode.

Blue

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • aaaaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
One of my friends called me Miko in Skype Chat because he was trying to screw around with my name or something. He doesn't know anything about Touhou, except that it's a bullet hell game series and that I play it, so that made it even funnier.