Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221325 times)

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
Drunk As I Like, from SWR.

Ahh, okay. Thanks.

Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #361 on: December 29, 2013, 02:19:46 AM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when the main reason your computer is tight on leftover space is indeed Touhou, be it games (official or fan made) or music...on a Mac. Especially if your main thought on the matter is, "Worth it!"

« Reply #362 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:37 AM »
I was doing a reblog on tumblr that stated something to the effect of you getting married to the last video game character you played as.  After realizing the last game I'd played was Odin Sphere and that meant I'd be pretty much dead (I'd explain but it would involve massive spoilers), my response was to wish I'd played Touhou in between since I wouldn't mind living in Gensokyo with any of the characters I usually play as.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
I was watching a video that explains where different Skullgirls colors come from. Apparently, Peacocks color 9 is based off of Cirno and I was like  :o because I didn't know that. I do know that  one of Peacocks moves has the chance to drop down Ms. Fortunes head saying Take it Easy in Japanese.
Also, in Call of Duty: Ghosts, the loading screen for Freight has a building that has the word Owens on it. My first thought was U.N.Owens was her?
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Been playing Odin Sphere lately, and I keep having the urge to call the cat "Sokrates" instead of "Socrates" thanks to Ellen's cat.  That and I had a good laugh over the girl you select the books with being a small blond child named Alice, and have this hilarious mental image of Shinki being the mother that calls her down for cake at one point...

Infected Mage: A mixture of nearly every known brew in the multiverse. You may be able to get this concoction down, but good luck keeping it down!

HEALTH WARNING: The Infected Mage is a truly horrifying drink, with an unbelievable alcohol content- Nobody is quite sure how it is made or what it is made out of, as it has a tendency to defy scanners and destroy sampling equipment. Be warned, a single Infected Mage can take down an ordinary human. Two or three will be all that subhumans can handle, and three or four is the max that greater beings such as god-like beings or demons may be able to handle. Currently Deadpool is the only recorded being to be able to handle five, but that strains even HIS endurance. Coincidentally, five Infected Mages is the most any one being can have in one visit, less if they've consumed any other alcohol while there. Don't try to trick V, he keeps track.

... I have Suika in one of my parties. She might take this as a challenge.

How many do you think she'd be able to drink at:
1. Starting at her usual level of drunkeness.
2. If she were to completely sober up before the thing, to make sure she did her best at the challenge.

I was playing Mercedes' Book in Odin Sphere, and was fighting the sorcerer boss (not saying who since...spoilers even though this is an old game).  He's shooting out all these fireballs and since I was flying at the time to avoid ground based traps I kept yelling "Look at me!  I'm dodging Danmaku!!"  And being tempted to crack jokes about Gensokyo fairies...

YouTube has started using Japanese ads on me. My theory is it is because of the amount of Touhou arranges I listen to that have Japanese titles.

Also, I was considering importing Forbidden Scrollery even though I can't read a word of it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
I was recently introduced to the server known as Mineplex in Minecraft. In it, there's a minigame called "draw my thing" which is essentially pictionary.

So I went up to draw, and my word was "girl" so I proceeded to draw a very quick (there was a time limit), and as a result bad Reimu.

Sadly, nobody got my little reference.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
http://xkcd.com/416/

When Nitori goes nuts scripting one day... And Yukari "accidentally" sends it out.

EDIT: We have a "Wall of Hate" which people write what they hate on it.

Someone wrote "Tohou" on it JUST TO PISS ME OFF. It worked. I'm thinking of writing a death fic about them~
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:12:20 AM by Cybeast710 »
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

So I'm on the treadmill doing the last part of my workout. Legs are knackered, and I'm all "I can't make this..."

ipod loads up Kibito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess.

"Yeah I can."

Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
...When you made the attached image.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
...When you made the attached image.

This made me laugh.

When you attempt to make a touhou webcomic using MSpaint.
(Here's the most recent strip: http://magichronicles.smackjeeves.com/comics/1880877/family-reunion/
Here's the "first" strip (the 44 before it are excluded from the comic): http://magichronicles.smackjeeves.com/comics/1878517/rebirth-of-a-new-comic/)

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
When you consider making a web series similar to "Hang in There Kogasa-San"

But with the fighting game sprites/MMD models because I can't draw

When you play a score attack against someone and get 10x their score because you've memorized the stages while they've only been playing for less than two days.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you just installed the Google Japanese IME

And found this sucker: (well, I pasted it inside and set it to run on the word "danmaku", but hey.)

(*^^)/~~~~~~~~~~◎

Have some danmaku, everyone! "Net Sign: Emoji Attack!"

(*^^)/~~◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎
(*^^)/~~◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎◎

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
This made me laugh.

You'll love the follow-up. For maximum effect, insert Jr. Troopa's BGM.

Monkeypro257

You'll love the follow-up. For maximum effect, insert Jr. Troopa's BGM.
This brings back memories. I wish they brought back the "Being on Stage" gameplay back.

My friends and I seem to have walked pass a cat and it later turned into a petting tournament. I just stood there,watching and when they finished admiring it, I just yelled, "CHEEEEEEEEN!" (yeah, I looked dumb, but it was worth it :)  )

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When someone says human, your natural reaction is to (suppress the urge to) make a joke about youkai.

I tried to see how many times I could quote Touhou in one conversation before the person (who was a fan) got a reference. I got to 24 before I decided to risk it by saying "I doubt she even has ten fingers." I'm gonna try again tomorrow, but only quote Touhou M-1 Grand Prix. See if he gets those ones!
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheTetrisEffect

Miscellaneous Games -> Touhou

(This one's a blanket category. Need I say more?)

Remember back in Volume 1 when this was a joke thread?

EndlessBlue

• The Youkai Lingering in the Past
  • The moment you realize no one cares.
When you start running with your arms out like Rumia.
You should always try your best. Or use my strategy and hug the bottom and pray not to die.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
My internet is BEING STUPID, and everything else isn't working. No facebook, no Youtube, no Google.

...And yet I can get at this forum perfectly!

...This isn't the first time where this has stood out. My high school had a block on every single forum/blog you'd ever met... except Maidens.

What. The heck.

*insert Nitori/Yukari joke here*

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
@Cybeast: In Sticker Star, grab a Megaflash Clone Jump and put it in the Sticker Museum. Then read the description.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
@Cybeast: In Sticker Star, grab a Megaflash Clone Jump and put it in the Sticker Museum. Then read the description.

...I don't own Sticker Star, and never will as the game concept seems rather stupid to me. So just say it.

...I don't own Sticker Star, and never will as the game concept seems rather stupid to me. So just say it.

"An attack that unleashes the four
strongest Marios and delivers a
strong crumpling effect. Wow."

That's what is written in the museum.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:26:20 PM by Iffy »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
"An attack that unleashes the four
strongest Marios and delivers a
strong crumpling effect. Wow."

That's what is written in the museum.

Flanny, Gotcha.

I wrote a short story.

Quote from: Short Story
There was a man who brutally abused an ex-girlfriend. He locked her in the basement every day, raped her every night, and only let her out to cook, and always with an iron ball and chain attached.
One day, a knocking came at her basement door, and Seija broke in. "My, my, my... you look horribly abused. Well, no more. I'm here to relieve you of your suffering."
She untied the woman and explained who she was and introduced Shinmyoumaru. The woman agreed to her plan for revenge and consented to being tied up again while Shinmyoumaru hid in her pocket.
The man came home that day, stormed into the basement and yelled "Make me some fucking dinner now, you bitch! You've got 5 minutes!"
"What would you like me to make you?" She asked him with the same fake sweet voice she'd put on every night.
"Roast beef! 5 minutes!" The man replied.
"Oh, I'll make you roast beef alright..." She smiled, as Shinmyoumaru used her mallet to turn the man into a pile of roast beef. The woman savored every bite of her abusive ex, then proceeded to move on with her life.

The moral of the story? Seija supports Communism. </sarcasm>

Real moral? There is none, what you thought it was a fable?

I actually wrote a rather grim one shot from this. Check it out, it's called Death Knell.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:15:09 AM by Cybeast710 »

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
Yesterday, I was trying to beat Event 51- The Showdown in Super Smash Bros. Melee as Caption Falcon. I was on my last life with Mewtwo and Ganondorf having 2 lives remaining.
So, Ganondorf throws a motion sensor bomb forward and then Mewtwo and Ganondorf start walking towards me. Mewtwo stops in front of the Motion sensor bomb, waits for about 2 seconds, and then he walks into the motion sensor bomb.
I say "Baka! Even Cirno would stay away from a blinking bomb on the ground!!"
A little while later, Ganondorf is walking to me and tries to warlock punch me while in front of a Bob-omb. The Bomb starts walking and it hits him.
I say " Oh God! The 9-Ball Disease is spreading!!

Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
I watched Frozen, and ignoring the Disney romance element the thought came to me "Is this what a Letty incident would be like?"
It was a fleeting thought, so don't look too much into it.

« Reply #388 on: February 01, 2014, 04:07:34 AM »
I watched Frozen, and ignoring the Disney romance element the thought came to me "Is this what a Letty incident would be like?"
It was a fleeting thought, so don't look too much into it.

I just kept thinking of PCB itself during that movie.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #389 on: February 02, 2014, 05:42:15 PM »
Flanny, Gotcha.
I was thinking there were four Cirno impostors.