Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 162877 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
"Cirno, can you see the big fight from where you are?"

> "Um, let me check," Cirno says, "Yeah, I see lots of lights outside. And a waterfall. And a bunch of crow-youkai. Wolf youkai too. Oh, hey, there's Momiji! HEY MOMIJI! WHATCHA DOING!"

> "For goodness sake Cirno, the wolf's too far away to hear you," Kaguya says. "Besides, who really cares? Someone's always fighting someone."

> "Yeah, but this time it's a really big fight," Cirno says.

> "How special could it-" Kaguya says, before adding, "Oh, wow, you weren't kidding. Can't tell if the water's coming from Gensokyo or Sinnoh!"

"Also how many times have you died now?"

> "About 4 times," Cirno says, "Although Kaguya did take a sledgehammer to my head, but I didn't lose consciousness that time. I suppose that would make it 5 if I were human."

> "Yeah, ice fairies are the one creature in Gensokyo that keeps talking when you bash in their skulls," Kaguya adds.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2013, 11:55:12 PM »
>"OK, so four and a half. Hmm. Yukari will probably want to know about your Bidoof. You should call her and tell her."
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #332 on: July 14, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
>"Better yet, fly up to the fight and tell her!"
>"Also, bring Kaguya. She wouldn't want to miss out on the action."
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #333 on: July 17, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
>"OK, so four and a half. Hmm. Yukari will probably want to know about your Bidoof. You should call her and tell her."

>"Better yet, fly up to the fight and tell her!"
>"Also, bring Kaguya. She wouldn't want to miss out on the action."

> "You really don't like Cirno, do you?" Satori whispers.

> "Hey Kaguya-" Cirno starts.

> "No," Kaguya cuts in.

> "But-"

> "Don't care."

> "It'll be fun," Cirno says.

> "No it won't. Now let me play my games in peace."

> "We're going to tell Yukari about my Bidoof and that's final," Cirno says.

> "Hey put me down you twerp-" You hear Kaguya say as a sharp crack followed by a glassy crunch comes out of the phone. Then the line goes dead.

> You see Marisa?s Charizard launch another fireball at Yukari when you spot a gap open up between the charizard and its target. Then a second gap appears right below Marisa, as the fireball clips the witch, along with it a blue dot and a pink dot. The blue dot begins to form large chunks of ice underneath itself which drop almost as quickly as they are formed.

> ?Hey Orin, take a look,? Satori says, passing the binoculars to the cat.  ?First time I?ve seen aerial ice skating.?

> ?That?s just a weird way to fly,? Orin says.

> You are kind of glad you didn?t succeed in calling Yukari.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #334 on: July 17, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
>"I do like Cirno. She is always stupidly optimistic. Right now she's having a fun adventure, while Kaguya is being annoyed and discomfited. A win-win."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #335 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »
>"Anyone who can pester her that much is aces in my book."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »
>"I do like Cirno. She is always stupidly optimistic. Right now she's having a fun adventure, while Kaguya is being annoyed and discomfited. A win-win."

>"Anyone who can pester her that much is aces in my book."

> Satori lets out a giggle, as she turns her sight to the sky again. She then adds, “Kanako’s army is on the move.”

> “Are they joining the fun too?” Orin asks.

> “Doesn’t look like it,” Satori says. “Lots of things headed for Youkai Mountain though.”

> Overhead, the dots circle each other, dropping explosions, streams of fire, geysers, lasers, icicles, tornados, and portals into deep space, until you see a blue dinosaur thing in the sky. It lets out a tremendous roar that could crack the sky, as the attacks and people closest to the creature disappear for a moment, leaving Yukari, Cirno, and Kaguya in the dust. The reappear at nearly ground level, Marisa and Aya harassing the purple-haired commander as she relies heavily on her three-headed dragon for defense. With another roar, Aya and two poor grunts caught in the crossfire slow to a crawl, as the tengu unleashes whirlwinds that a moderately-paced snail could outrun. Yukari gaps herself on top of the dragon with a literal bang, a small explosion preceding her entrance.

>_
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:55:07 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »
>Team Phoenix health status?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #338 on: July 26, 2013, 11:07:51 AM »
>Team Phoenix health status?

> You believe all your pokemon are still combat ready except for perhaps your Charizard, who has had a long day. The pokemon you have on hand are:

> Haunter
> Ponyta
> Charizard
> Lucario
> Registeel
> Crobat

> The battle is starting to get away from you now, with another roar from the blue dinosaur-thing, the Galactics are beneath the edge of a mountain to the south, although you can still make out a laser and a fireball here and there, as Aya remains nearly frozen in the sky.

> You hear Kogasa groan, as Nue says to her, "Oh, hey, you're alive. Marshmallow?"

> "What happened?" Kogasa moans, laying on the ground.

> "You were master sparked," Nue says casually.

> Over the mountain wind and the dinosaur?s roars, you hear a deep, although female, voice boom throughout the mountains, audible from the farthest reaches of Sinnoh.

> "Sons and daughters of Sinnoh, Welcome. I go by many names, but you may call me Moriya."

> ?Though shalt return my daughters to their homeland. Though shalt obey the universal physical laws given to you. Though shalt worship me and me alone. Or though shalt feel my wrath.?

> ?I have sent down a prophet among you. All who wish to be spared, lay down your arms and follow the priestess of Moriya. Prepare, for my coming is at hand.?

> There?s a bit of a pause, before Orin speaks up, ?Overly dramatic, don?t you think??

> ?Kanako?s having fun,? Nue says, maintaining her ?blurriness?. ?I oughta try faking godhood sometime.?

> You recall that you still have business with Satori, and both Kaguya and Cirno are still close enough to call for, far enough that they won't see you unless you call for them. It looks like Cirno is attempting to drag the princess somewhere.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2013, 06:16:42 AM »
>Get the ditto, if we know which ball it's in.
>Catch the umbrella up to speed.
>Wonder if this will make clearing the mountain easier or harder.

« Reply #340 on: July 28, 2013, 01:18:04 PM »
>Get Kogasa up to speed.
>Wonder when Ponyta will evolve.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #341 on: July 30, 2013, 01:47:37 AM »

>Wonder if this will make clearing the mountain easier or harder.

> You are not sure if this will make clearing the mountain easier or harder. You recognize that Kanako’s tactic has made Sinnoh aware of an all-powerful common enemy from the new world above their heads, but you also recognize that Kanako feeds on attention (well, faith), kind of like a social version of tapeworm.

> You are not exactly a follower of Moriya, so you wonder if a huge influx of Moriya followers will try to preach to you about the benefits of following a purple-haired god. You are thinking Kanako’s revelation in Sinnoh could have implications long after the battle with Galactic.

> You may be slightly biased against following physical gods, having met several of them in person and finding them less than divine. Although you also did not know Galactic had taken anybody. You figure Kanako must be referring to metaphorical daughters, because as far as you are aware she has never had a daughter.

>Wonder when Ponyta will evolve.

> Well, you’ve had the ponyta for a while, so it must be pretty close to evolving. It occurs to you that these creatures always seem to evolve either during or immediately after pounding something’s skull in.

> It’s like nature evolved to make dog-fighting as rewarding as humanly possible.

>Catch the umbrella up to speed.

>Get Kogasa up to speed.

> You debate whether to get Kogasa or her umbrella up to speed first. You pick Kogasa, since you are pretty sure she’s the sentient one and the umbrella is just an extension of that – or is the other way around?

> The point is, you feel better about talking to a humanish girl than a piece of questionably sentient rain protection equipment.

> “Marisa sparked you, tried to steal her hakkero back, then decided to try to steal a Sakuya-mon. Then Satteri told Kanako and Yukari about the Sakuya-mon, so now there’s a bit of a race to see who can rob Galactic first.”

> “Oh, and cat-girl ate your marshmallows,” Nue adds.

> Orin slaps Nue upside the head, as Nue says, “Well it’s technically true.”

> “To much pain… to care about marshmallows,” Kogasa groans. You note that she is in no hurry to get off the ground.

>Get the ditto, if we know which ball it's in.

> You decide you want the Ditto.

> “Are you sure?” Satori asks, fixing her third eye on you.

> You recall that the following pokemon were traded to Satori:

> Alakazam Kadabra Ralts Duskull Natu
> Espeon Ghastly Ninetales Golduck Slobro
> Eevee Torterra Empoleon Infernape Ditto
> Drifloon Staraptor Hippowdon Weavile Drapion

>_
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:56:24 AM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #342 on: July 30, 2013, 03:58:04 AM »
>"On second thought, how about you just lend it to me."
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

« Reply #343 on: July 30, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
>Do potions work on Umbrella Youkai?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #344 on: July 31, 2013, 11:52:55 PM »
>"On second thought, how about you just lend it to me."

> ?Alright,? Satori says, relaxing.

> Nue comes sharply back into ?focus?, taking on Orin?s form while retaining her trademark 6 wings, as she says, ?What?s the problem? Were you planning to start a breeding program??

> Satori blushes a slight red, as Nue continues, ?Or maybe you were??

> ?No.? Satori says, cutting her off. ?Not that either. Nor that.?

> ?Aw come now, you can?t say you aren?t curious?? Nue adds suggestively, as Satori covers her third eye with her hand. You are somewhat surprised Nue can phase a mind-reader, you would have figured Satori would have seen it all already.

> This gives you a somewhat worse impression of Nue, actually. You almost feel sorry for Nue?s ditto.

> Satori hands you the ditto while keeping her other hand between her third eye and Nue, the latter of whom maintains a small, mischievous smile throughout, while Orin slaps her upside the head again.

> ?Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,? Nue responds coyly.

> ?I?d bet on mockery over flattery? Orin retorts back with a roll of her eyes.

>Do potions work on Umbrella Youkai?

> You don?t know, so you decide to find out. You spray Kogasa with one of your potions.

> Some of the burn tissue appears moist!

> ?I don?t think that?ll work,? Kogasa moans

> ?Stop being such a baby,? Nue says, forcing Kogasa to her feet. Kogasa manages to stand upright for a moment, as Nue says, ?See? It?s working fine.? Though as Kogasa attempts to take a step forward, she collapses again.

> ?She?ll be fine,? Nue says, whispering aside to you ?Try another one!? You?re tempted to send her back to Byakuren, or even Eientei. In spite of being Kaguya?s home, you are confident the doctor there will take good care of Kogasa provided she is sufficiently paid.

> Byakuren it is!

> You are pretty confident the umbrella could make it on her own, seeing as she has a dragonite. Heck, if she?s already kind of standing up, she might be fine in an hour or so.

> Maybe.

> You consider trying another potion.

> ??What is that spray stuff anyway?? Orin asks, motioning towards your bottle.

>_

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2013, 12:27:35 AM »
>"No idea, but it works on Pokemon."
>What were we planning to do with the Ditto, anyway?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »
>"No idea, but it works on Pokemon."

> Orin takes a sniff of the fluid on the nozzle, then puts a drop of the stuff on her finger and takes a taste. She cringes a bit, before saying, ?A little rubbing alcohol mixed with other stuff. Can?t tell if it?s mundane or if it has a little magic mixed in. We should look into it,? The cat says, pocketing your used bottle.

> When Satori doesn?t respond right away, Orin repeats a touch louder, ?I said, we should look into it.?

> ?Huh?? Satori says, snapping her attention back to the cat, ?Oh, right, agreed.?

> You have 6 potions left.

>What were we planning to do with the Ditto, anyway?

> You were planning to? uh?

> Well, you were planning to go double yukari-mon on team Galactic.

> Your understanding of Ditto is that it can copy the abilities of other pokemon, both yours and your opponent?s creatures. You could probably eliminate any edge a legendary had, in that you?d be able to counter their time/space hax with your own.

> It sounded like Satori wants to? make it? breed, alright, looking at the ditto that just seems kind of wrong to you.

> ?Hey, it wouldn?t be a blob when they make the egg, I don?t think?? Satori says. ?I?m pretty sure it?s not all that uncommon, trainers do it in the games all the time!? She gives Nue a nasty look as she adds ?By the way, I think it can mimic just about anyone, not just pokemon.?

> ?Why yes, yes it can,? Nue adds. ?You can even make it disguise itself as objects.?

> From the exchange Satori and Nue are semi-having, you are guessing it also has a number of non-combat uses, some of which you will figure out as you go along, and others that you plan to never think about and will absolutely never discuss with Nue.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #347 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
>"Well, we should get Kogasa to a recovery room. Also I want to use a pokecomputer. Is there anything else you need me for?"
>Also we should try to get some of Unyu's asbestos seals.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2013, 01:44:14 AM »
>"Well, we should get Kogasa to a recovery room. Also I want to use a pokecomputer. Is there anything else you need me for?"

> Nue pipes in, "Hold it, I helped too. And I'd really like that Alakazam."

> "Hmf. Looks like we both know how good those guys are," Satori grumbles. "I suppose the Kadabra will suffice for me."

> "Also, talk to me, what are we looking at here?" Nue says. "We helped you see them, now tell us what that third eye saw. Only fair."

> "I do hate debts," Satori says. "Alright, Palkia is like Yukari, and Dialga is like Sakuya, except maybe a bit more flexible. Their third pokemon, Giratina, would best be described as a creator god, ruling its own, lifeless domain. It can create something from seemingly nothing, they don't know if it obeys causality and conservation of energy or not, but it doesn't appear to. The only reason they don't use its full powers is that they don't completely understand them. They currently use it to create materials they can't easily obtain otherwise. Like silver and gold, and plutonium and uranium, although they aren't completely sure what to do with the latter. Nuclear power usually requires a bit of infrastructure to know what to do with it, and they aren't exactly a nuclear company."

> ?They are holding a number of fairies and even a couple of youkai captive, and they?re making something they call ?fairy dust,? out of the fairies. They discovered a way to turn the magic of fairies into a powder, which they made a freeze ray with. Small time stuff, but the process involves one small ice fairy and a large blender,? Satori says glancing at you before turning her eyes upwards. ?Obviously, not Cirno.?

> ?They haven?t done anything nearly as useful with the couple of youkai they have, but it?s pretty much a cold blooded torture chamber of science in there, the details of which are both stomach-churning and largely unnecessary.?

> You notice Orin stealing another of Kogasa?s marshmallows, as Nue says, ?Don?t get captured. Got it. Anything we need to watch out for??

> ?They have copied our minor explosive charms, like the ones you use Nue, but they haven?t really been able to mass produce them yet. And the core of their army is that Mars girl, the Jupiter girl, and two other men, Saturn and Cyrus. Saturn has blue hair combed into devil horns, he does the R&D from hell, and he?s has three smaller legendary pokemon in his lab that neither Jupiter nor Mars seemed particularly interested in. The two girls are commanders, not scientists, and they knew almost nothing about the pokemon beyond that Jupiter needed them to summon the big legendary creatures. The smaller pokemon are called Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit.?

> ?Cyrus is older, colder, has blue spiked hair, and uses Giratina. He leads Galactic, and him and his three commanders actually can take down Palkia and Dialga when they fight together, although not very many of Mar?s pokemon can fly.?

> ?Alright,? Nue says, ?Last thing, why is Gensokyo over our heads??

> ?They have no idea, but they think it?s directly related to something they call the ?Distortion World.? It?s Giratina?s absolute domain, and they had to use both Palkia and Dialga to open it up, and it still is open incidentally. They think Gensokyo?s appearance was caused by them shredding time and space and then distorting reality beyond recognition trying to capture Giratina.?

> ?That?s not exactly satisfying,? Nue replies.

> ?Look, I only know what they know, Yukari knows a lot more about borders, so I?d ask her.?

> ?Yukari-? you begin,

> ?Doesn?t know either,? Satori cuts in. She then holds her finger to her temple, then says, ?Alright, so theory: Yukari weakened the border between us and them when she sent lots of people over, then when Galactic went nuts with time and space our world was caught up because the border between them and us was already full of holes created by Yukari.?

> ?Does that make any sense at all?? Orin says.

> ?I don?t know, but we probably need to brainstorm with Yukari,? Satori says. ?Oh, and the portal to that Distortion World of theirs is still open, although they don?t really know much about the other side yet. Besides that gravity isn?t a constant, water falls up, and there appears to be no life inside of it.?

> Satori passes you a stack of charms with little radiation symbols on them. The charms are a bit smaller than yours, about the size of a penny each. "They'll work on anything not alive. Sadly, we don't have a version that works on fairies yet, so... I don?t think you can make Kogasa fireproof with them."

> ?So you have my number,? Satori says. ?Um? I can?t think of any other business we have, no, so? I admit, Kogasa has seen better days, yes, I guess our business might be concluded!? Satori says. She then brushes the snow off a rock, sits on it, and starts checking the book Galactic left her.

> ?Um, aren?t we leaving?? Orin asks.

> ?Give me a minute,? Satori says, ?Not sure if the show is over yet.?

> Options:

1. Satori informed you of a nearby computer terminal where you can switch in and out your pokemon, and deposit the extra monsters you collected.

2. You can send Kogasa to an infirmary. It may be wise to keep her away from the battle that you expect will be waged, and let her rest a bit after being sparked.

3. You can head towards Galactic?s base immediately.

4. Continue conversing with Satori, if there is anything else she may have read that could help you.

5. Make a phone call.

6. Do something involving Kaguya and Cirno, who appear to still be bickering overhead.

7. Other.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:16:02 AM by capt. h »

« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2013, 06:38:19 AM »
>2, then 1, then to the Galactic Base.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:40:08 AM by Dumanios »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2013, 11:35:11 PM »
>2, then 1, then to the Galactic Base.

> You decide to send Kogasa to an infirmary.

> You release Kogasa?s dragonite from its ball, as Nue helps her stand. ?You alright to fly alone?? Nue asks the umbrella youkai.

> ?Maybe,? Kogasa says as Nue lays her on the dragon.

> ?You mind if I take your marshmallows??

> ?A little,? Kogasa says, as Nue empties the bag. Nue hands one of the last two marshmallows to Kogasa, as she chomps down on the other.

> ?It?ll help,? Nue says, as Kogasa nibbles on the white puffball. Nue adds, ?You?ll be fine.?

> Do you wish to continue your adventure for a while without Kogasa, or do you wish to escort her to an infirmary? You believe Kogasa could make it there on her own, if only because she has a dragonite, and those things are pretty tough.

> You recall that Cirno and more importantly Kaguya are above you. Every infirmary in Gensokyo is also above you. Kaguya and Cirno are likely to notice you if you fly upwards.

>_

« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2013, 01:05:51 AM »
>Make sure Kogasa arrives safe.
>If the Lunatic and Cirno give us trouble, then we roast em, simple.
>Once Kogasa is with the Buddhists, then we head for the Galactic base.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2013, 01:29:31 AM »
>Ponder if Cirno would get trapped by a pokeball.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2013, 05:05:37 PM »
>Ask Kaguya if she tried to trap Cirno in a pokeball.

>Use pokeball on Kaguya. She won't be expecting it.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
She will once we mention it.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #355 on: August 09, 2013, 01:44:35 AM »
>Make sure Kogasa arrives safe.
>If the Lunatic and Cirno give us trouble, then we roast em, simple.
>Once Kogasa is with the Buddhists, then we head for the Galactic base.

> You decide to make sure Kogasa arrives safely to the Buddhists.

> You put your pokemon away, and take to the skies. Although you suppose you could have flown on your Charizard. Eh, he deserves a break, but you could probably fit on Kogasa’s Dragonite if you really wanted to, now that you think about it… Well, it won’t kill you to fly on your own power…

> You look over in Kaguya’s general direction, and believe you’ve been spotted by one of the two of them. Cirno is skating right for you, dragging Kaguya along who appears to be resisting a little less than before. Meaning she isn’t completely opposed to the idea of meeting you.

>Ponder if Cirno would get trapped by a pokeball.

> Only one way to find out.

>Ask Kaguya if she tried to trap Cirno in a pokeball.

> Make that two ways.

>Use pokeball on Kaguya. She won't be expecting it.

> You hide a pokeball in your palm as Cirno ‘skates’ towards you with Kaguya in tow. You hear them arguing loudly. “It’s not Mokou, although she’d be a relief after dealing with you,” Kaguya says, “Wait, Reimu?”

> You look down, and notice you’re dressed like a different red-white. With detached sleeves for showing off armpits, you are the spitting image of Reimu.

> Nue winks at you, her wings now hidden. You would no longer be able to tell Nue apart from Orin if they were next to each other.

> Not a bad illusion, although you feel pranked, as Cirno says “You’re better already? Great! Now you can battle me!”

> You think this would be an excellent time to try a pokeball on something, although somehow you feel the disguise would be ruined. Although you already question the plausibility of Orin, Kogasa, and Reimu solving incidents together, maybe you can pull it off if Kaguya doesn’t know about Nue yet.

> Nue’s smug smile and barely contained laughter keep you from feeling too guilty about considering options that would completely ruin her illusion immediately.

> You consider whether you still wish to ask Kaguya about catching Cirno, followed by chucking a small red-white ball at the princess.

>_
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:17:56 AM by capt. h »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #356 on: August 09, 2013, 04:54:15 AM »
>We will have all the time in the world to toss balls at Kaguya and Cirno later.
>Escort Kogasa back and head for the Galactic Base

>Giratina /will/ be ours.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2013, 01:13:49 AM »
>We will have all the time in the world to toss balls at Kaguya and Cirno later.
>Escort Kogasa back and head for the Galactic Base

> "Hey, wait, where are you going? Reimu?" Cirno asks, as you decide to ignore her. And Kaguya for that matter. Kaguya continues to eye you with suspicion as she mounts a bird pokemon that your pokedex calls "Fearow", while Cirno continues skating.

> You fly to Byakuren's. And you fly. And you fly. And Kaguya and Cirno follow you, then overtake you, then try to talk to you, Cirno insisting that you battle her and Kaguya asking more practical questions such as "Shouldn't you be healing up at Eientei?" and "Why are you traveling with a stray cat and the umbrella?"

> When you come in sight of the Myouren Temple, Nue finally snaps, asking, "Do you have ANYTHING better to do than follow us around?"

> "Um, no, not really," Cirno says. "It's either that or watch Kaguya play video games."

> "My high scores won't beat themselves," Kaguya responds casually.

> You see a number of familiar faces in front of Byakuren's temple, mostly the residents, but you also see that Falkner gym leader you beat ages back. He seems to be strapping some charms to his legs under Byakuren's instruction. Although you aren't thinking much about that, due to the extreme feeling of irritation you have towards Kaguya and Cirno's persistence.

>Giratina /will/ be ours.

> And you will love it and hug it and squeeze it and call it George.

> Right before you murder Kaguya with it.

>_

Mod note: Quest on hiatus for about one week. Please continue responses, the parser will resolve them when he returns.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 02:10:39 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #358 on: August 15, 2013, 03:57:15 AM »
>Pokeball Cirno and Kaguya. actually, no, that would be too sociopathic for us, especially if it worked.
>Carry the umbrella into the temple.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:00:56 AM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »
>Pokeball Cirno and Kaguya. actually, no, that would be too sociopathic for us, especially if it worked.

> You find yourself opposed to the idea of crushing Kaguya into an object the size of a baseball, only letting her out to do your bidding and obey your every command.

> Actually, that sounds somewhat appealing to you, but you are opposed to raising your sociopath rank beyond casual murder and candy theft.

> Besides, you kind of doubt it would work, although chucking small objects at them MIGHT make them stop talking at you.

>Carry the umbrella into the temple.

> You take Kogasa to the temple, hitching a ride on her dragonite.

> Nazrin, the mouse girl, greets you both with, ?No cats. I have enough trouble with Shou. Still Reimu, never thought I?d see you helping the umbrella with anything.?

> ?And turning down a battle,? Cirno adds.

> ?Repeatedly,? Nue-Orin groans.

> ?Hey, it always worked before! On almost everyone too!? Cirno says. You can see why, you very, very much felt like punching the ice fairy as she asks for the thirty-seventh time, "How about now?" She adds, "I mean, you brought the girl here, so you can battle now, right?"

> Ichirin adds, "You five certainly are an odd-"

> "Please?" Cirno interrupts.

> "See, the problem is you ask," Kaguya says. "When I want to fight someone, I just walk up to them and stab them in the throat!"

> Byakuren adds "My, we certainly are getting a lot of company today-"

> "Oh, alright, hey Reimu, can I stab you in the throat?" Cirno interrupts.

> "No, no," Kaguya says, "Don't ask permission, just do it! Surprise her!"

> "Alright, Reimu, gonna surprise attack throat stab you today!" Cirno says, as Kaguya shakes her head with a huff.

> ?You know what sis?? Nue says, facing Cirno with a swish of Rin?s tail. Then the sky fills with cat-girl, shrine maiden, and cat-girl shrine maiden clones, each of them with three blue wings and three red scythes.

> As Cirno cheers and Kaguya freaks out a bit, one of the cat-girls pushes you and Kogasa into the temple, dragging Byakuren along as she closes the large doors behind the four of you.

> ?Now Nue, that wasn?t nice,? Byakuren says, as you hear lots and lots of shouting outside, follow by a crash here and there. A glance out a nearby window shows Cirno starting up a blizzard.

> ?It is very, very difficult to be nice with those two,? Nue says.

> ?And what happened to Kogasa?? Byakuren asks, holding her hand over the umbrella?s forhead.

> ?Master Spark,? Kogasa says.

> ?A bit of rest, and she?ll be fine,? Nue says.

> ?Master sparks hurt. A lot,? Kogasa adds.

> Byakuren looks over the umbrella youkai, taking her into her arms as Nue points to the door and says, ?New disciple??

> ?A traveler from the other world,? Byakuren says. ?I?m afraid he?s more interested in flirting than enlightenment, but he still has a lot to teach us about the world above.?

> Nazrin slips into the main temple herself with a shiver, icicles hanging from her tail as she glares at the Nue-cat. Nue responds with a smug smile while Byakuren takes Kogasa to the room she spent the previous night. Nazrin?s shivers and their silence says more than enough, at least until Nazrin tells you, ?You aren?t Reimu. Are you Mokou, or some other sap Nue?s stringing along??

>_