Author Topic: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Someone Wins  (Read 56423 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #360 on: March 23, 2012, 01:14:51 AM »
"Taking an action" = Using one of your own night actions

Language barrier?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #361 on: March 23, 2012, 01:15:11 AM »
THERE ARE NO HAMMERS IN SWORD GIRLS!
That is what a normal Bodyguard does, yes, but do recall the Paranoid Cop was a Nightvig. Blackrose, can you reread your role pm and make sure that's what you do? I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't act like a bodyguard.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #362 on: March 23, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »
Yes, I redirect any action the target takes towards myself. I'm simply trying to find the scum and eat the NK instead of someone else. Also, do remember that we have a claimed "Godmother" and the Paranoid cop vig thing.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #363 on: March 23, 2012, 01:17:34 AM »
No, I redirect any action THEY TAKE to me.

This is exactly what I am pointing out. Your initial claim says this, but your night choice is chosen upon who you think would give out the night kill, which shows you thought you would redirect the night action they do rather than the ones they take =/

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #364 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:13 AM »
I should be sleeping and I can't tell if this is a horrible scumslip trying to stirr up chaos or very, very, very incompetent town.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #365 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:40 AM »
"Taking an action" = Using one of your own night actions

Language barrier?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #366 on: March 23, 2012, 01:21:09 AM »
More simply: when somebody "takes action", they are making an action, not receiving one. This is what BlackRose meant.

Uesugi is probably going to end up with like a million cuts.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #367 on: March 23, 2012, 01:22:16 AM »
Okay I'm finally seeing that.

If that is the exact wording of the role PM, it is particularly confusing, did you ask the mod which of the two it was referring to?

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #368 on: March 23, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »
Cutting Uesugi because it's funny.
As long as no one cuts with a vote it's all good. We still got what, five hours to talk this out?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #369 on: March 23, 2012, 01:25:44 AM »
Four, actually.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #370 on: March 23, 2012, 01:26:30 AM »
Was going to say that but heading out to dinner right now. No, that's a paraphrase to simplify the Role PM. Anyways, out for now gonna try following on phone

2 cuts, 3 hours actually

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #371 on: March 23, 2012, 01:28:15 AM »
Literally just got back home before I need to go in like 10 or so minutes. I really am very sorry about the inactivity, I've been busy and the window for my free time to post keeps getting eaten up by things.
Catching up reading right now.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #372 on: March 23, 2012, 01:29:30 AM »
Less than three hours.
My muddled brain and clarifications aside, it would be nice if everybody started discussing if they dislike one of the two claims enough to want a hammer on it or if they'd rather attempt a quickwagon.

I feel like it's a bad idea to leave my vote on Blackrose, but unvoting would be the same as supporting the Kaori lynch. I'm in a state where I dislike Kaori's claim for forcing information out of me, but still buy it, and Blackrose's doesn't seem horrible either. I'm leaving once and for all and entrust you all with this despite the feeling of impending doom :fail:

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #373 on: March 23, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »
Also if both of you are town I'm going to cry.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #374 on: March 23, 2012, 01:31:50 AM »
Back and feeling like shit. Apparently singing for two hours in oppressive heat makes one queasy. Who knew?

Catching up now.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2012, 01:42:56 AM »
Ok it's looking like Kaori vs. BlackRose for the main wagons and I don't like either one as I've said before. Lynching the lurkers when they've just been mostly useless throughout the game instead of the people who've been taking advantage of it cough Uesugi cough just isn't something that appeals to me in terms of validity. As far as I can remember offhand, there isn't anyone else who isn't ok with lynching them, which gives me more reason to be apprehensive.

I'm going to stick to what little I've said and keep my vote off either of them because I do not support their lynches.
And I need to go like right now so I won't be around for deadline.

oh heck i needed to leave 3 minutes ago can't prorffread any more gotta go bye

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »
Going right down the list.

Farina is extremely active D1, posting many good posts and both clear scumhunting and prodding.  Of particular interest is this which contains an echo of my thoughts on the D1 Eclair wagon and some nice Meiya prods, and this which is an acceptable explanation of her switch off Eclair.  D2 starts out well with soundly explained suspicion of Tenshi's ED2 actions, though the RP gets a bit thick.  This is noteworthy as it's a strong stance on BlackRose; it also shows she clearly favors that lurker lynch over Kaori's.  Overall I think she's obvtown.  The only real weirdness I see from her is the distrust of Eclair but I guess that's mostly because I disagree with it.

Meiya's been a huge question mark for me all game, and her low-content posts today haven't helped matters much.  Her original vote on Eclair felt too opportunistic to be legitimate, and she follows it up with what is explained as a "mistaken" vote on Tenshi before apologizing and moving to Eclair.  Rereading this stuff doesn't give me the same "townie slapfight" feeling I had yesterday, but I did think she was acting townie at the time, probably because buried in her pile of :words: she's at least putting effort into her cases and reads.  D2 content she starts to get markedly worse.  Basically nothing but a couple prods until today, when she moved her votepark off Eclair (the vote for which I'm still not clear on) to BlackRose.  I dislike the timing of the vote but at least she's consistent, as one of the prods was towards BlackRose anyway.  The rest of the day she's been mostly minimum-content so I have a slightly worse read of her today than I did yesterday.

Yuno is the townest player in the game.  I don't think this requires much elaboration, but she posts good cases, good analysis, and knows what she wants and tries to get it.  All of these things are good strong town reads.  To respond to a query she raises here, I was not satisfied with Sayaka's quick switch to another case as soon as she got called out for the no-explanation Meiya vote.  Yuno was pretty quiet for some of today but she's made up for it, so no problems here.

Still not sure about Irene.  An extremely heavy weight hangs over her head from D1's no-content lurkfest, but Irene 2.0 is proving that at least she's not continuing the lurk strategy.  High level of detailed analysis in her reads, and they continue all day.  Unfortunately, I still keep coming back to Old Irene's supreme weirdness claim - I know Irene 2.0 said she had no idea what was going on, but I still feel like she's hiding something, because there's no way a townie makes that claim outside of a jester role or a crazy gambit, and Old Irene never followed up on the gambit if it was one.  She might be third party, but otherwise I'm just not seeing her as scum.

BlackRose was my preferred lynch yesterday behind Sayaka.  This one's not hard.  Lurks all through D1 and D2, posts awful things when she's not lurking.  Given that she hasn't showed up yet I suspect she's given up.  Correction, as she showed up.  Thoughts on her claim (and Kaori's) in a bit.

PART TWO FEAT: ECLAIR TENSHI MYSELF MAKA ESUNA KAORI to come after this commercial break!  (aka - I'm getting some food and getting this out there before writing the rest, writing long analysis posts makes my head hurt)

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #377 on: March 23, 2012, 02:11:42 AM »
It appears as though I have miscalculated when the deadline would occur and am, in fact, available from now until the deadline occurs.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #378 on: March 23, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »
Meiya, what do you think of the claims?  I'm going to wait until everyone else comments until I share my thoughts. Specifically we are waiting for Uesugi who I am slightly annoyed with for putting off commenting on the claims until later when they are the highlight of the show. >_>

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #379 on: March 23, 2012, 02:41:25 AM »
Blugh. Of all the times to get sick, it had to be now. I wanna go to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed ;_;

I've never been great with the role game, but neither claim stands out to me over the other. Kanzaki's claim is at least somewhat consistent with things she said on Day 1, and Irene seems like a bizarre choice for a scum faction roleblock. BlackRose's claim is harder to prove (obviously) but the results were also telegraphed in her #308, wording I found curious at the time but understand now. I think BlackRose may be a bit premature in calling Gasai "confirmed" town, since there are a number of reasons a given scum may not act in a noticeable way (something that wouldn't leave an appreciable mark like Rolecop or Framer, or something that may not act at all like the conventional Godmother), but It's possible her word choice is being influenced by Gasai's play.

Really, the thing that stands out the worst to me over the past couple of hours is Irene getting huffy about Kanzaki's claim forcing her to commit to a style of role and then vocally still hoping for a third train, which would presumably generate a third roleclaim from someone else. Scum don't only look for role info from their preferred NK targets, you know, and I know you've been looking for Farina pressure for a while, someone I'd consider to be a prime NK choice anyway.

Nothing stands out to me as needing immediate addressing from either Albarn or Kenshin, though I think the latter doesn't make enough of a distinction between scummy lurking and not-present-at-all lurking if she's still that irritated with Irene 1.0. For as much as the concluding statement is possibly-third-party and unlikely-scum.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #380 on: March 23, 2012, 02:47:52 AM »
I do very heartily enjoy miss Rose's interpretation of my post as demonstrated here. Is it not true that failing to produce any contributions is an action that benefits those that are aligned with forces that work against the town win condition far more than it does for the actual members of town? Does that not, in turn, make it more likely for those that participate in this behaviour to be aligned with the forces that work against the town win condition? Miss Rose's misrepresentation of my point in regards to where she had placed her vote also amuses me so. At that point few people shared miss Rose's suspicion of miss Hinanawi and miss Rose explicitly stated that she would be willing to see miss Kanzaki's lynch. This enforces my belief that miss Rose was attempting to culture an environment where chasing after lurkers would be frowned upon. I also notice that miss Rose does not actually deny any of my allegations. Instead miss Rose simply argues about the fact that I have only judged two people so far to be appearing to working with those that wish to hinder the town win condition when miss Rose herself has naught but one. In addition, miss Rose's one suspect is that which she argued so vehemently about avoiding lynching earlier in the day, a lurker by the name of Kaori Kanzaki.

As for my thoughts upon the claims, miss Yuno, I believe that whilst skimming a thought had crossed my mind that I have since lost. Allow me some to reread this section of the thread once more and I shall attempt to reclaim this lost thought.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #381 on: March 23, 2012, 02:48:53 AM »
Ugh, I don't have time to write another post like that.  Switching to overall opinions instead of detailed analysis.  When my only available time to create posts is right before the day ends every day, it feels like I'm always a year behind every other player.

Eclair: Probably town.  Good read, decent activity levels, strong content.  Her method of scumhunting appears similar to my own, looking at her case on Meiya yesterday.  Only weirdness is she kind of completely dropped her case on Meiya; I'm not seeing how Meiya is confirmed town despite a believable claim yesterday unless I missed something obvious, so I'm not sure why this is.

Esuna: Bluh.  Like she said here, bad play is not always scummy.  Her case on me is pretty mediocre and she doesn't seem to like anyone attempting to deconstruct it, but she pursues it with such a flailing-armed fervor that I have a hard time believing she's scum because of it.  This one's riding the derptown wagon all the way to Oregon.

... One more thing I should address.  Esuna - calling you out on your quickhammer yesterday was not calling you scum.  I called you out on it because it was excessively bad play and I never want to see you, or anyone else, do it again.

Tenshi: Slightly less of a town read than Eclair, but still up there.  It's a little troublesome that she spent so much time yesterday talking about herself and Meiya.  Outside of that I've liked her posts (and her RP hurr hurr) for the most part.

Me: MY AWESOME THEME SONG MAKES ME TOWN

Maka: She shows no interest in pursuing her case on me yesterday, which I find strange given her "I would gladly like to see her lynched" wordchoice.  Her case on me today isn't any better, paraphrasing Esuna's at best and rather blatant misrep at worst.  What REALLY gets me is this late yesterday, then this today.  Outside of ED1, yesterday she either had her vote parked on me or on no one, and jumped in at the last minute to go "I don't like either lynch ~but~", and is now doing the exact same thing today.  Reeks of scum sniping intent, the only difference is she refuses to drop a vote today (likely because one of them is at L-1).  Her vote will have been parked uselessly all day on me as she says she's going to miss deadline.  Don't like it.  Strong scum read.

Kaori: I don't think my opinions need elaboration here outside the claim.

asdfoijasdfoijasdf oh god I think that's everyone NEXT POST WILL HAVE THOUGHTS ON THE CLAIMS and maybe some advil.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #382 on: March 23, 2012, 03:00:29 AM »
[1:15:00] Ask for opinions on claims, get a bunch of 'I'll get to it later.' I hope you guys realize we're running out of later.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #383 on: March 23, 2012, 03:05:22 AM »
I had found what I had found odd with miss Rose's post however, upon a detailed reread, this was due to a misinterpretation on my part. I suppose that the inability to prove the role would be my only qualm. As for miss Kanzaki's claim my issue with it would lie within the amount of time that it took for miss Kanzaki to produce the flavor surrounding her role.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #384 on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:51 AM »
Okay, so.  BlackRose and Kaori have both been useless lurky and/or activelurky players all day.  If all else is equal and we're going to lynch one over the other due to their claim...

I know for a fact we've had Scum Jailers on MotK in the past.  Kaori's not getting points from me for that.  I still want to see her lynched.

... However.

I refuse to believe that BlackRose got her role completely backwards.  How does one not even read their role PM?  BlackRose said that she targeted Yuno because she thought Yuno would have sent out a night kill.  This proves that BlackRose thought her "Bodyguard" role did the exact opposite of what it actually did until her claim.

I hereby suspect BlackRose of being the scum here.  Minimal activity and poor content hint that she is a new player unfamiliar with the demands of the game, and if you consider her as scum everything adds up.  I posit that in a rush to find a fakeclaim, BlackRose picked a role that she did not have prior knowledge of, claimed with it, and realized after the fact that she completely mucked up the role.

##unvote

Willing to lynch either and not voting BlackRose yet for obvious reasons, but I would prefer to see BlackRose hang today for the above reason.  I simply can't accept that she had no idea what her role did after two full days and a submitted night action.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2012, 03:11:37 AM »
I'm very, very certain that BlackRose is not a new player, just a terrible one. I imagine most people, except maybe Meiya, have figured out who she is.

That said, doesn't her role actually do what she said it does? The role name is just a lie, like the nightvig being a Paranoid Cop.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #386 on: March 23, 2012, 03:14:34 AM »
Miss Kenshin's post here is very interesting to myself. Allow me some time to reorganize my thoughts.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #387 on: March 23, 2012, 03:17:30 AM »
That said, doesn't her role actually do what she said it does? The role name is just a lie, like the nightvig being a Paranoid Cop.

Yes, I redirect any action the target takes towards myself.

Nope, she clarified and said it's a regular bodyguard role.

I think we're getting down to around an hour.  @Mods: Votecount + Time left please.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #388 on: March 23, 2012, 03:19:22 AM »
Yeah, but immediately after, she said she was trying to find the scum and eat the NK. A normal bodyguard doesn't have to find scum to eat the NK, they have to find the NK target.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #389 on: March 23, 2012, 03:20:45 AM »
Votecount

BlackRose: (5) Farina, Meiya Mitsurugi, Yuno Gasai, Quicksword Irene, Kaori Kanzaki
Kaori Kanzaki: (4) Esuna Busy, BlackRose, Eclair Martinozzi, Tenshi Hinanawi
Uesugi Kenshin: (1) Maka Albarn
BlackRose is at L-1!
Kaori Kanzaki is at L-2!

Not Voting: Uesugi Kenshin
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

~54 minutes remaining.
Countdown timer

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.