Author Topic: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Someone Wins  (Read 57098 times)

Ryuki

• Dragredder
Re: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:16 PM »
This applies just as strongly to you. I wouldn't say you haven't had many opinions since you declared a lot of people Town, but you've notably never gone for anyone except me in the early game, Meiya in the lategame and then flip-flopping on your read of her (Town, not Town, Town, not Town). D1, you certainly never stuck out your neck and went for something that wasn't easy, egregious mostly because you lurked through most of it. Why is Kenshin scummy for this while you should not be? Why should I vote Kenshin for this and not you? This isn't a point of 'pot calling the kettle black and since both are black pot's opinion is invalid,' it is 'pot calling the kettle black, why should we lynch kettle over pot?'

Ignoring people voting for you isn't magically going to make the votes disappear.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #241 on: March 22, 2012, 12:32:05 AM »
Okay, where was I.

First, let me see if I can summarize Esuna's case against me.

"Kenshin looks good but she barely posts and tunneled on Sayaka all day.  In addition, she doesn't elaborate upon her town reads.  I also dislike her vote on Kaori because Kaori's the easy obvious lynch today.  Therefore, she is lurkscum."

In rebuttal:

1) I fully accept the burden and accusation of "doesn't post much".  It's true and I don't plan on changing it; I feel my activity levels are acceptable along with my level of scumhunting content per the pace of the game.  If it gets me lynched, so be it.  My cases and analysis are compact because I dislike wasting words, and they're brief because I dislike walls of text.

2) I dislike talking about why I think people are town or why I don't think they're good cases for a lynch; this is not a game of "i think this person is town because", it's a game of "i think this person is scum because."  Doing the former is a waste of my resources.

3) The accusation that I haven't talked about anyone other than Sayaka past ED1 is, uh... well, false.  I mean, this is pretty easily verifiable by a quick glance at my posts.  I may not be saying much about other people (admittedly) but I'm hardly ignoring everyone.

4) I dislike that Esuna calls Kaori the "obvious" vote; something about this word choice bothers me.  Attacking me for voting someone that Esuna disapproved of and was also voting (for similar reasons to myself, no less!) is pretty silly.

Now then.
As for defense of myself, A. An hour left in the day is not much, especially when most are sleeping. Second, lynches other then Sayaka no longer seemed viable. Finally, her claiming got super weird and the only viable wagon left had made a claim I felt made her look pretty darn town, leaving Sayaka as by far the better lynch choice.

And lastly, it was what, 1:30 am? I had to get the hell to sleep. I wasn't going to risk a No Lynch happening, and I'm extremely doubtful anything in that last hour would have changed the outcome of the day or been particularly important.

Esuna, you're either evading my point here or misunderstood the purpose of me bringing it up.  I was okay with you hammering Sayaka; it was necessary for a lynch.  What is not necessary is doing it with no warning!  That meant anyone else who was around, including Sayaka herself (and me :|), no longer had the chance to say anything!  You just showed up and hammered.  That's completely careless at a minimum and suspicious otherwise.  Don't do it ever unless there's like a couple minutes left.

She was almost nonexistant Day 1 with a vote that literally never moved off of Sayaka.

Sayaka never gave me a reason to move my vote away.  If you'll recall, she was yesterday's lynch, for better or for worse.  Say what you will about my case on her, but saying someone's scummy because they started a wagon on someone and built on it for most of the day is pretty weird.

Miscellaneous notes:

I still need to see more analysis from Meiya.  There's some decent prodding from her today but not much analysis, and all of it seems somewhat brief (even by my standards).

Voting the lurkers right now is not a policy move. We believe at least one of them is scum.

This is why I like Yuno's posts.  For anyone who doesn't understand why minimum-content lurkers are dangerous and often scummy, I have a fantastic video to show you.

Okay, I don't know whether I should actually say this or not, because the core virtue of it is kind of retarded, but that was my hydra partner's opinion and I'm not wanting to shut them out of influencing the game or anything

... This is an awful thing to say, full stop.  Anything that you post is your responsibility.  Going "but it was my hydra's opinion, not mine" is horrible escapism.

Maka's case on me isn't really worth addressing but I do find it's terribly amusing that she has spent all day D2 tunneling on me, an accusation that is a primary base of her case on me in the first place.  I'm slowly starting to feel she isn't really saying much with her posts in general.

Fake edit: Ha!  Posting yet again right before when my prod was going to come up!  Take that, activity rules!

Further thoughts on Kaori  in a moment.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #242 on: March 22, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »
It is severely frustrating to get ignored twice.

##Unvote
Vote: Kenshin

You voted Sayaka ED1 and kept the vote disguising it in a reads post with no reads whatsoever aside from lurkers'.

I'm going to keep my vote on Sayaka for now.  If anyone has questions about why I want her lynched, please ask them while I'm here, but I get the feeling .

One of your posts D1 was spent  justifying your ED1 vote and encouraging people to question you if they felt the need to, then your later D1 post disguises a lack of further reasons to lynch Sayaka in a reads post which barely amounted to who you were willing/not willing to lynch and a few words on the lurkers. This one also encouraged people to ask you why you wanted her lynched. One thing is to offer further clarification like you did in the earlier one, but a completely different thing is to provide 0 content and make town press you for it when it's late D1 and people are scrambling around to figure out who they want to lynch. Not only this, but then this D2 you completely disregard questioning when it arrives just 'cause.
So I'll be clear:
How is your D1 any more than a Sayaka votepark?
Why did you want her lynched?

On an unrelated note which might just be playstyle differences: From where I see it, the utility of town reads is forcing scum to give them so their scope of switching around is reduced as long as town doesn't do scummy shit, which they shouldn't be doing anyway.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2012, 12:55:37 AM »
##Vote Kenshin

Screwed that up.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2012, 01:05:56 AM »
I disappeared after ED1 because me and my partner weren't avaliable and after that I haven't touched you. YES the disappearing isn't a good thing but it's also a different matter entirely.

If you want to accuse me of only going after easy targets, then does that mean Uesugi is suddenly an "easy target"? I sort of wrote up a big wall on why I think she's scum. Even if you don't agree with all of that.

I realize you actually responded to part of my beef with you. Considering you voted Kaori while promising content on Kenshin, and you had all of the night phase to actually gather this content and then a good part of Day 2, I'm not at all happy with the claim that you went for Kenshin that strongly. Why did you deliver the content on Kenshin so late, and why did you focus first and foremost on Kaori?

Please answer that alongside other outstanding issues I have with you regarding 'why is Kenshin scummy for it but you aren't?'

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2012, 01:11:22 AM »
Irene: My apologies for not addressing you directly, but I did answer your initial question in response to the case against me:

Sayaka never gave me a reason to move my vote away.  If you'll recall, she was yesterday's lynch, for better or for worse.  Say what you will about my case on her, but saying someone's scummy because they started a wagon on someone and built on it for most of the day is pretty weird.

I just didn't feel it warranted mentioning twice.  As for your second question...

Why did you want her lynched?

Originally, I disliked her vote on Meiya as I viewed it as opportunistic.  She ignored my vote-prod until later in the day, and refused to refute the point to make some poorly thought-out cases instead.  She failed to say anything redeeming for the remainder of the day until her claim.

One thing is to offer further clarification like you did in the earlier one, but a completely different thing is to provide 0 content and make town press you for it when it's late D1 and people are scrambling around to figure out who they want to lynch.

It is sometimes difficult to judge when people are reading the reasons for other people's votes.  At the time of the second "hey ask me questions" I was the head of the wagon against a likely lynch candidate with several more lynches.  Having people ask me questions instead of straight-up offering a rehashed version of my earlier posted thoughts not only allows me to convey those thoughts in a manner the other player can digest at a more personal level, it also gets them to post more - and as you've seen we're not always the most active of a playerbase.

Other thoughts.

Kaori's case on Esuna appears to be largely regurgitated off points other people have made.  I'm seeing very little original thought here and her points seem to echo the words of the cases she's borrowing from, but not the reasons why they're scummy.  Still happy with my vote.

I do think Esuna looks a bit better than Maka right now.  I think Yuno needs to post a bit more analysis today, as does Meiya.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2012, 01:15:05 AM »
Quote from: Uesugi
I have a fantastic video to show you.
Thank you for posting this.  It's basically what gave me the motivation to finish this post. :V  This game has been horribly boring and frustrating for me so far for two reasons:

1.) I'm suffering from EVERYONE IS TOWN syndrome.  I spent last night and a lot of today rereading the game and specific people.  I'm so annoyed that Sayaka didn't flip scum because that wagon is composed of all my stronger town reads, and I have no idea what to do with it.  I don't think that entire wagon could be town, but at the same time EVERYONE IS TOWN.  It's utterly maddening.  Anyway, enough ranting.  At first I thought it might be Uesugi that was scum on the wagon, but every time I read her posts (with the exception of #144, which bothers me) I absolutely love them, and with every new post she makes she looks townier to me.  So I looked towards Esuna.  This one's kind of in Meiya's boat of hard to explain town reads, but I absolutely cannot see her as scum.  If people want me to try to come up with words to explain it I will, but I want to just leave it at that for now.  So then I thought maybe I was cutting Meiya too much slack, but when I look through her posts and that claim I just see green.  Shana's dead and flipped town and Farina is my strongest town read right now.   I'm just like @_@.  I might be willing to get behind a Maka lynch due to terrible end of day posts (#157 is basically the biggest fence sit ever at a particularly important time).  She's really the only person on the wagon that doesn't ooze green to me at this point. @_@

2.) Lurker love.  Don't even try to argue that there's a lot of lurker hate going around, there really isn't.  People are still treating it like they're just prods or like I just want to get them to post, or that I just find them scummy only because they're not posting.  On the first two, no they're not, their outright calls for death.  They are scum, so I want them dead.  On the second, that's also wrong.  Note that I didn't call for lynches on Irene or Shana D1.  They were not scum, so I didn't want to lynch them.  This may be my fault for not pushing my case as hard as I could be though, so I'll try to fix that once I work up the motivation, time and energy to put it all into better words.  For anyone that says it's lazy to push lurkers I invite you to try it sometime.  It's the most maddening thing ever.  You see all this scummy behavior and no one takes you seriously and sometimes they may even call you outright scummy.  It's not easy to actually PUSH the case if you're not using it as a vote park and I'm annoyed that people are viewing it as lazy and bad despite how difficult it's been for me.

I apologize for the rant.  I just wanted to get my views on the current wagons out there (namely that I don't like either of them, but I might be able to get behind Maka since a few people have mentioned her) and vent a little.  Ima get on posting that case now.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2012, 01:17:50 AM »
Oh, and in regards to Maka's content today I can sum in up with this:

Maka, why aren't you saying anything?  Talkkkkkkkkk to meeeeeeeeeeee.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2012, 01:43:44 AM »
Back from my nap! Wait what the heck.

Why do people say weird things that don't make sense about me every time I leave?

I realize you actually responded to part of my beef with you. Considering you voted Kaori while promising content on Kenshin, and you had all of the night phase to actually gather this content and then a good part of Day 2, I'm not at all happy with the claim that you went for Kenshin that strongly. Why did you deliver the content on Kenshin so late, and why did you focus first and foremost on Kaori?
What are you talking about.

I never even mentioned Uesugi D1. I had forgotten she existed. You seem to be thinking of my first d2 post... then I went to bed, went to school, came home and posted a big case on Uesugi. It was during the same IRL day, most of which I was not in possession of computer access during until I actually began to post, at which point a large case on Uesugi promptly emerged.

Meanwhile, Uesugi can't seem to remember what my case on her even is. I never said you didn't talk about anyone other then Sayaka, I said you never talked about anyone other then Sayaka and lurkers. (Then you cut my post with a blurb on "You hammered at the end of d1 with an hour left so you're scummy"

NOW. EVERYONE. LOOK AT UESUGI'S POSTS. NOTICE WHAT IS DEFINITELY MISSING IN IT? WHO SHE THINKS IS SCUM OTHER THEN KAORI.

This means that the only person she's deigned to tell us that she thinks is scum right now is Kaori. Do I need to explain why this is bad? I'm pretty sure Kaori has been talked about to death and everyone knows that she's the easiest vote ever and totally acceptable. Yes, voting her is fine. No, not having any other suspects is not fine. A braindead person could skim the game and know to throw a vote on Kaori.

She even posts again and there is still no opinion on who is scum other then Kaori. Folks, you heard it here. Uesugi is not even scumhunting.

Okay now that I've got this out I'm going to go and answer the other things that have been asked of me since my previous post. So those answers will be coming shortly. And my partner did try to answer the shenanigans about the other stuff, as much as I'd like to BURY IT UNDER A ROCK because I know it was a dumb thing to say and I shouldn't have done it.

"About the "not me over me" point, that wasn't even that significant. The main point of the case was that Eclair let her Irene vote fall because there where no support. That's not a reason to let a vote fall, especially since she never tried to get any support for it in the fist place, what let me doubt that she believed in that vote herself. The "not me over me" was nothing more then the miss worded observation that her new vote got on the biggest wagon that wasn't hers."

(I've probably been a terrible hydra partner but I totally enjoy their company and appreciate them at least D:)

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2012, 01:55:11 AM »
Bedtime is approaching dangerously, I won't be around tomorrow for the lynch resolution because it's right in the middle of my bedtime and I can't possibly stay up that late or wake up that early. Activity while I'm awake seems to be ridiculously low unless I stay up late, so I might not have a chance to actively interact with some of the players at all, and it feels particularly important that I should leave my vote in the right place before leaving... and I don't really know what I want to do with my vote. There's people I dislike on every wagon, and going back to voting Blackrose seems utterly useless when nobody else seems to feel like putting the lurkers at L-2 or similar to get them to claim, which might just be the only way to get information out of this game.

Out of the four I managed to somewhat question so far, Yuno reads very town, above Tenshi and Eclair who pale in comparison to the point where I'd even hestitate to call them slight town reads.

I don't like Kenshin's attitude at all, and I still have issues with her #74 opening, but I can understand the logic of continuing her vote on Sayaka because she continued to feel like the most scummy aside from the possibility of scum hiding among the lurkers when she posted back in late D1. I was never around during D1 and when I was reading through it, I already knew Sayaka was town, so I can't really put any further judgement in there without trying way too hard to reread being objective, which I feel still wouldn't get me much of anywhere, so I would only lynch her if there were no better candidates. I seriously want to see her post some other reads even if they're not town reads, though.

Esuna's D1 actions are scummy, but her attitude throughout the whole D2 reads as honest town admitting incompetence, which leaves me pretty confused as to what to think of her, and I'm no longer as sure she'd flip scum.

Farina went from null to somewhat scummy due to randomly disregarding key case points twice and voting Tenshi for reasons I believe are really too much of a stretch.

So overall, I'm not comfortable with voting anybody other than Farina or Maka. I already had some words exchanging with Farina, and I suspect it might be possible that my read on her right now is wrong and may change later when I see more of her content, so I don't really like the idea of voting her right now after all. I certainly will consider doing so tomorrow this cherry picking of arguments in cases to discredit them continues, though. I'm not sure how much exactly Maka is pressed for time, but I figure she should show up sometime while I sleep, and considering I'm not the only one who thinks that her D2 is highly unsatisfying, I can see pressure on her actually getting somewhere.

##Unvote
##Vote: Maka Albarn

Cut by Esuna.

That's good and all, but don't you think you should also comment on who's scum other than Kenshin?

Might be posting once more before hitting the sack but it's unlikely.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »
Also hoping I can actually get a read on the lurkers with what they provide with their last prod-avoiding post.

If either of you two are town, please friggin' try and post the largest wall you can put into existence to make up for the lack of content so far.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:39 AM »
I never even mentioned Uesugi D1. I had forgotten she existed. You seem to be thinking of my first d2 post... then I went to bed, went to school, came home and posted a big case on Uesugi. It was during the same IRL day, most of which I was not in possession of computer access during until I actually began to post, at which point a large case on Uesugi promptly emerged.

No, let me rephrase. You had the entire night phase to get a case on Kenshin, why didn't you have one if she was your second scumpick after lurker? Kaori's case required literally no effort since she made like three short posts, I find it hard to believe you had no time to compound on a case against Kenshin if you felt that strongly about her.

I'm currently not finding myself in Kenshin's lynch as I like her posts and find them thoughtful. I am rereading Farina and Tenshi. I want Yuno to at least try: read the cases we've made and point out where you disagree if you say everyone's Town barring the lurkers.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #252 on: March 22, 2012, 02:57:02 AM »
That's good and all, but don't you think you should also comment on who's scum other than Kenshin?
I'm entirely sold on two people being scum, do I have to catch the entire scumteam d2? ;_;

I actually am pretty confident that Farina will flip scum due to her overall total weirdness today and her opinions towards her scumbuddies Kaori and Uesugi, but seriously trodding down that path and making a case on her before Kaori or Uesugi flips would be ridiculous, so I'm leaving that until we actually get their scum flips out and on the table. I might be able to make a good case on her WITHOUT those twos flips if I reread her d1, but :effort:, I'm fine with where I am now and once one of them flips it should be even easier to make a good case on Farina.

and if one of those three flipped town I'd look at Eclair, but that's getting even farther into future stuff based on flips we don't have, and right now I feel good enough that those three will flip scum that I would actively dislike an Eclair lynch.

Anyway, onto the stuff I'm supposed to be answering.

Can't say much towards what Eclair pointed out to me in her posts to answer, because I really didn't get any chasing done D1 due to not being present until the end. Although,
This isn't a point of 'pot calling the kettle black and since both are black pot's opinion is invalid,' it is 'pot calling the kettle black, why should we lynch kettle over pot?'
I would like to think I've been doing a good job on this part through D2 so far! Eclair, do you think Uesugi's scumhunting effort D2 being practically EXCLUSIVELY LIMITED TO KAORI is okay? Yes, Uesugi is saying more things then just stuff about Kaori. NO, none of it is actually scumhunting or opinions on who she thinks could be scum other then Kaori or anything of the sort.

Now for the one I've sort of been procrastinating on. Comparing my 130 to Uesugi's 144 because a few people have asked for it.

Brief summary of my post: These people are town (including one of the 3 wagon choices), iunno about the lurkers right now but Kaori is pretty bad because ___, I don't want to vote Eclair because ____ and I do not like the others on her wagon. ##Vote Saya-oh wait no, she's town too. (I have now declared a dislike of all three of the wagon choices but a desire to lynch Kaori instead)
Later I collapse mentally and go for the Meiya vote as I manage to convince myself she's somehow less town then the other two wagon choices that I think are town, and because the Kaori lynch is not happening. Claims mess that up because Meiya's looks quite town while Sayaka's is totally weird and freaky.

Brief summary of Uesugi's post:
-I do not currently see a reason why I would want to vote Eclair or Yuno, and I do not believe Meiya is the best choice for D1's lynch.
-Still don't like Sayaka (Not any further advancement of why this is so)
-Cases on three lurkers, two of which practically did not exist and the third barely so
-Okay with lynching any of the lurkers, but going to leave vote on Sayaka

Notice that Uesugi's is polarized towards voting people who almost do not exist (Or practically don't), does not actually comment on anything Sayaka had done in the latter part of D1, and also that she completely dropped Blackrose D2 despite her being the top priority lurker D1, instead focusing on Kaori who had been recieving much more critisism then Blackrose D2 before Uesugi appeared. I personally find her wording in the first - to be weird as well, but whatever, that's not as important I guess.

I'm not sure how I can explicitly point out things in mine that are better, because I didn't logic much in any of them and just barfed reads, and then lots of awkwardness because I thought all three of the wagon choices were town in addition to the issues I was encountering. My end of d1 was pretty bad and there's no avoiding that. However, I -can- explicitly point out things that are bad about Uesugi's post, and I'd like to hope that can count. Honestly, everything Uesugi has done #144 and onward seems pretty scummy looking to me.

Oh, cut. My answer to Eclair's question is that I am a lazy hoe and cannot be arsed to create a case when the day has not actually started yet. If nothing else I like to recieve the NK results first.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #253 on: March 22, 2012, 03:04:18 AM »
I'm honestly confused as to why Eclair thinks it's bad or weird or whatever that I didn't create a case on Uesugi during the night, and instead created it as soon as I had the time to do so after D2 started.

Does the fact that my case came as soon as I had time on D2 to write it instead of the moment D2 started seriously make me worse?

This really just seems like a weird thing to try and use against me. Can't you stick to actual valid points? I think it honestly looks pretty scummy when you start to grasp for weird, sketchy points to use on me even if the rest of your case isn't sketchy. And I'm trying to keep thinking you're town right now. Partially because it means Farina+Uesugi+Kaori can still all be scum together.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #254 on: March 22, 2012, 03:10:47 AM »
Votes for everyone!

BlackRose: (1) Yuno Gasai
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Tenshi Hinanawi, Uesugi Kenshin
Eclair Martinozzi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi
Esuna Busy: (2) Eclair Martinozzi, Kaori Kanzaki
Uesugi Kenshin: (2) Maka Albarn, Esuna Busy
Tenshi Hinanawi: (2) BlackRose, Farina
Maka Albarn: (1) Quicksword Irene

Not Voting: Nobody!
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

25 hours remaining.
Countdown timer

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »
BlackRose: (1) Yuno Gasai
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Tenshi Hinanawi, Uesugi Kenshin
Eclair Martinozzi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi
Esuna Busy: (2) Eclair Martinozzi, Kaori Kanzaki
Uesugi Kenshin: (2) Maka Albarn, Esuna Busy
Tenshi Hinanawi: (2) BlackRose, Farina
Maka Albarn: (1) Quicksword Irene

---

BlackRose's lynch I like.  If I were scum in a D1 where the townies were fighting each other I would sit back and lurk.  If I were scum in a D2 where townies seem to be losing their motivation and not posting very much I'd sit back and try to get the most dangerous targets (read: those attacking me and my behavior) lynched.  That's exactly what she's doing (seriously, look at all her suspicions on D1 and D2, they're all people that think she's scummy and would lynch her over the more active people), and therefore is still the best lynch.

Kaori's lynch I like.  She's been totally active lurk and bandwagon hops while asking throw-away questions that are either obvious by reading the thread, or mean absolutely nothing and she does nothing at all with these questions and never follows up on anything ever.

I'm still irritated that we're actually considering other people at this point.  This isn't laziness here.  Anyway!

Eclair is tunnely town.  D1 started shaky, but the way she's been going after her targets reads as townie.  I think she believes in what she says, she just doesn't know when to let go.

Esuna is bleeding green in her defenses and attacks on Uesugi today.  The fact that you (read Eclair) are going after her for not typing up a case during the night phase is really silly and leads me to believe that you really want her to be scum, but don't really think she is anymore.  This is totally glorious townie fury.  I found most of her content agreeable yesterday, and the parts that were silly could be read as waffly confusion rather than anything outright scummy.  I get the feeling you think confusing people are scummy Eclair. :P

Uesugi...still looks kind of townie to me.  Esuna's point on her not really giving reads is more accurate than I initially thought, so I should probably take another look at her later.  I just really like her D1 posting outside of #144.  Better than any of the non-lurker lynches except for maybe Maka (who is starting to approach being in lurker territory anyway :V)

Tenshi, why are there people voting her?  I am totally unimpressed with the case and don't see it at all.

Maka feels like a PoE compromise lynch.  I've really disliked her content today (I don't know why she doesn't want to talk to me ;_;), and the way she handled the day end was really bad.  I'd still be kind of upset if I had to switch though.

---

That sums up my opinion on everyone and responses to the cases I've seen.  I still have no idea what to make of the Sayaka wagon, and I've basically read the people on it to death (and I'm considering looking at Uesugi again, which is @_@).  I'd like it if we could just lynch the scum in front of me.  None of the cases have really impressed me, except for maybe Esuna's which has merit in a few places, and a lot of the cases are focusing on downright silly things (hammering in the middle of the night when few people were around, attacking scummy lurkers).  So I'm not seeing any reason to get off of them at this point.  Slight preference for BlackRose because it reads more like something I would do if I were scum.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »
BlackRose has been prodded.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2012, 03:46:39 AM »
I change my mind on Esuna, she's obvtown on the lone basis that up until now, everybody has been buddying up to me (naturally, as I am the finest mercenary Ilia has to offer) and I should've been a difficult mislynch from scum's PoV. Seriously.

Talking about people buddying me up to me on D1 reminds me that I should humor Yuno and Yuukii and listen to them, since they're quite obviously getting permakilled tonight!
##Unvote
##Vote BlackRose

I'm quite certain BlackRose is now the definition of lurkscum.

Basically my only issue with BlackRose's D1 content was that she pretty much acting as my personal promoter whenever possible, the rest of her only content post read as frustrated town. However, it's been about 24 hours since I first posted today, and now it's currently BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that her gameplan is to abuse how people are giving her a pass to coast as an unpopular target, then switch to the much more popular Kaori wagon at the last moment if necessary, since she already set that switch up. People aren't pressing her for lurking enough so she's not bothering to post because she knows she won't get lynched for it today anyway based on what people like me have been saying.

I also remain unwilling to bet any of my hard-earned money that Kaori will flip scum, even though her play is "scummy".

mmediately driving the day toward two lurker lynches without an explanation why Lurker A is more likely to flip scum than Lurker B, or a reasonable explanation why focusing on lurkers is more interesting than any other options is also weak, lazy and therefore scummy.
Tenshi's response to me covered a lot of my quarrel with her, but it doesn't make me feel any safer about this. Why is Kaori a better target than BlackRose is when Tenshi has been spending the day with just as much conviction against BlackRose, if not more, shown by her questioning of me? Tenshi isn't pushing for a lurker lynch like Yuno was talking about, she's voteparking without a clear thought process toward her lurker-based priorities and is using LALu as a basis to push a lynch mindlessly, which is exactly how I would expect non-lurking scum to handle a situation like this. Every time she mentions Kaori, she also mentions BlackRose, but there's no thorough explanation why Kaori is scummier. This is also a major reason I've been hesitant to jump Kaori all day despite disliking her play.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2012, 03:47:08 AM »
Some thoughts before I head to bed. Since the game seems to be getting close to the point of stagnating, I figure now is as good a time as any to look at the people in my middlish-opinion area. Kanzaki and BlackRose need to eat keystone. Gasai, Martinozzi, Irene, and Farina all look pretty town to me (despite Farina inexplicably giving BlackRose's content a positive review). This leaves Kenshin, Busy, Albarn and Mitsurugi.

Kenshin and Busy I've already spoken a fair amount about. I am still waiting on that thing I mentioned earlier, so pushing that aside. With how recent proceedings have gone, both of them have actually gone a little bit up my happy chart. If I had to pick one I liked better I suppose I would pick Kenshin for two reasons.

- Near as I can tell, the biggest group issue with Kenshin is staying on Miki all day, and I think she's adequately explained that one at least once.
- This is a bit of general principle, but Busy seems rather spastic with the posting over the past 24 hours or so. Might just be the player, but there's a higher pure probability of flailing here.

That being said, I like them both better than the other two.

- Given how all of no one except for one person has voiced serious suspicion of her today, can we all agree at this point that it is extremely unlikely that an Eclair train will reach the station today? We can? Good. Because Mitsurugi's had a vote on Eclair since her first D2 post and has done...basically nothing else all day! She's sprinked a few short questions here and there, none of which had anything to do with Martinozzi, and hasn't provided any further opinions. Kanzaki (of all people) asks a good question of the vote in #213, and we've yet to see a response to that, though I guess maybe weekday commitments are getting in the way of that. Still, holy Toledo is this ever a votepark. (Watch people decide these comments are somehow a continuation of my Day 1 case and get mad at/suspcious of me.)

- Albarn has taken a rather sharp nosedive since D1, and the activity drop in particular is amusing given the circumstances under which we first crossed swords blades. (Dump the scythe and pick up a true lady's weapon, would you? Scythes are only there for lazy titty-monsters like Onozuka.) I don't think Irene is entirely right in her assessment that Albarn's Kenshin case was the exact same thing, but it might as well have been because I can't find anything new in it that I agree with. I disagree with claiming Kenshin was fencesitting on Meiya in #144 because I read that as "I do not want to lynch Meiya today" which is very much not a fencesit (or at least it isn't to me). The referenced "follow-up" I'm guessing is #82, which looks to me far more like Kenshin elaborating on her reasoning for Miki after Miki asked a word use question than "responding to Sayaka about things that didn't even concern her". Given Kenshin's vote was due to dissatisfaction with Miki's vote for me, I would guess going over the reasoning for Miki's vote on me would be relevant to Kenshin's vote for Miki.

The recap that "[Kenshin's] presence yesterday was almost nonexistant and her vote was parked for the entirety of the day onto a single person" applies to Albarn today and raises the question of why we should vote for Kenshin over Albarn with this just as parts of Busy's case on Kenshin raised the question of why we should vote for Kenshin over Busy.

In summary, I'm starting to get a bad feeling that Busy vs. Kenshin might be town vs. town and scum are taking advantage of the fact that it has dominated the day by sitting on the sidelines and letting town drown itself in a deluge of words. Honestly, at this point I would prefer Mitsurugi and/or Albarn bite it before Busy or Kenshin.

Cut by Gasai and Farina posts. Guess I'm not going to bed just yet.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2012, 03:52:42 AM »
Also Farina, what do you think of Kaori's post where she makes a case on me? Please don't cite anything about your own feelings on me or things from other people's case on me. Please only pay attention to the case that -she- made for the sake of this question. I would like to know how you feel about it because you seem to think Kaori does not look too bad (Maybe a little bad, but not too bad, because you express that you don't have much faith she'd flip scum.)
I don't find fault with it, except for the part where she mixed Sayaka and Tenshi up in the middle of her post, despite having the names write a single sentence ago.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2012, 03:53:19 AM »
"right", not write. Excuse me!

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #261 on: March 22, 2012, 03:56:29 AM »
[11:52:54] Just when I thought I finished hating everything I have found more everything to hate. At least Yukkii is still trying. You can do it Yukkii! But stop cutting me, it's bizarre.

Yes, more walls of PBPA please we need more reasons to hate the lurkers. I would prefer something concise about all the players Kaori and Blackrose have reads on. (This is untrue, I'd prefer if they both died of mysterious causes overnight involving rope.) It's consolidation time again. If I can't have one maybe we can squeak through another. And then tomorrow I will use the blood to draw pictures of why Blackrose is still scum. Ahaha~ But I've been cut by something that makes me happy!

Originally, I disliked her vote on Meiya as I viewed it as opportunistic.  She ignored my vote-prod until later in the day, and refused to refute the point to make some poorly thought-out cases instead.  She failed to say anything redeeming for the remainder of the day until her claim.
Are you implying the claim was townie? :V I wish you to clarify what was scummy about Sayaka making cases instead of defending against your prod vote. I actually felt her later day content was really good right up to fakeclaiming. Oh the morals these children are learning..

I agree with Tenshi about Meiya's vote. I note that she hasn't followed up her vote with any mentions of Eclair after that. I'm aware she's busy but if you have time to prod the lurker surely you have time to look at your suspect?

Busy is a flailer. It's like a bleeder, but with words gushing out everywhere. If she were scum she would likely not be angry people are misunderstanding her.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2012, 04:05:55 AM »
- Near as I can tell, the biggest group issue with Kenshin is staying on Miki all day, and I think she's adequately explained that one at least once.
What about the lack of having any scum suspects other then Kaori d2?

Because I honestly think that's way worse then voting Miki all day one, even if she didn't comment on anything Sayaka did past Uesugi's second post in the day.

In other news, on the front of lynching lurkers, just reminding that I'm totally 100% fine with switching my vote to Kaori at the end of the day rather then Uesugi unless it looks like Uesugi is actually being lynched. (I know the Kaori lynch can easily happen, but my Uesugi casing doesn't seem to be taking hold with people quite as well as I thought it might, so I'm more worried on that front)

And that I definitely prefer Kaori as a lynch way more then Blackrose. But I guess Blackrose is okay too because... she won't even show up ;_; I'd rather she died of mysterious causes overnight too, Yuno, but I just can't hold faith that it will happen.

I have to admit I've practically forgotten that Meiya and Maka are superlurking/lurking out the day, respectively. This makes me really sad. The only reason I'm not more interested in them is because my other suspects already look so surely scum to me that I will be simultaneously amazed, horrified, and depressed if they don't flip red. BUT THAT WOULD JUST BE TOO EASY, NOW WOULDN'T IT?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #263 on: March 22, 2012, 04:18:04 AM »
Okay, really. Esuna, how is Kaori's activity scummier than BlackRose abusing the state of the day while lurking right now!?

I also wish Yuukii would tell me why he thinks that Tenshi looks like she actually cares about pushing Kaori's lynch when just about all of Tenshi's mentions of Kaori are boxed in with a mention of BlackRose.

When Uesugi explains why she wants to lynch Kaori, she gives reasons why Kaori's combination of play and activity is, in fact, scummy, justifying her vote.

When Yuno ('s playerslot, this applies to Yuukii too) explains why she wants to explains why she wants to lynch BlackRose, she also gives reasons why her target's combination of play and activity is scummy, justifying her choice to vote BlackRose over Kaori.

How is Tenshi failing to do this not scummy? Her only point that came close to explain why Kaori was a better target was more "feelings" than anything, and she should be able to provide more given what the lurkers have posted. It just makes her safe to drive the day toward lurker lynches all day, commenting on points of interest when prompted by other players or the general day's course without actually pushing for them, then switching to BlackRose if BlackRose is a more popular choice than Kaori.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2012, 04:29:10 AM »
...are you implying Kaori has activity? Both her and Blackrose are both nigh-entirely nonexistent. Blackrose might be slightly MORE nonexistent but they're both nonexistent.

I've explained plenty why I hate Kaori, and it doesn't really need any updating because she hasn't posted once since the last time I tore her posts apart. I could go dig up where the relevant things are I guess. But you were aiming the lack of explanation more at Tenshi then me.

Even if Uesugi is explaining her Kaori vote, that does not change the fact that it is STILL only Kaori. Explained or not, it's just as easy.

It's 12:30am so I can't really think about Tenshi right now, but maybe when I get back from school tomorrow D: G'night!

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #265 on: March 22, 2012, 04:29:47 AM »
Farina: I wouldn't say I'm pushing LALu mindlessly because I've tried to at least make the distinction between scummy lurking and not-scummy lurking. Even if you missed the backhanded distinction in #142, I figured the Irene comments at the very top of my #209 would make it clear. Not posting a lot isn't scummy, not posting a lot and posting garbage when you do post is scummy, which is why I made the Irene and Kenshin references across #142 and #209. They fit the former while Kanzaki and BlackRose fit the latter. If you'd like a log of my vocalized issues with the two of them (i.e. why their posts were/are crap), I can produce that as well.

- Kanzaki issues at the bottom of #87 (note that, in this post, I am also uninterested in a BlackRose lynch, because it was prior to her posting garbage)
- BlackRose and Kanzaki issues in #106, with Kanzaki issues explained further in #107
- My response in #209 to BlackRose's case should demonstrate how little I thought of it as a case (note the massive tone difference in me addressing her "points" in this post and me addressing your points in more recent posts)
- Kanzaki issues near the bottom of #234

I've had issues with both of them since before my Kanzaki vote at the start of this day and I have continued to have issues with both of them after it. The list looks small, sure...because they're lurkers that haven't posted much of anything.

The distinction in voting Kanzaki over BlackRose was made in the voting post (#181). I considered BlackRose's Day 1 post terrible effort and Kanzaki's Day 1 post no effort. I have a slight preference for the terrible effort over the no effort because terrible effort is still effort. I just prefer terrible effort to no effort in the same way I prefer getting shot in the shoulder to getting shot in the head. So they both get repeated mentions while I vote for the one that makes my stomach churn a few iotas more.

Busy: After checking through Kenshin's posts today, I have to admit that you may be on to something with that. I get the feeling Kenshin thinks Albarn is scummy from the bottoms of #241 and #245, but she didn't actually come out and say it either time, so...yeah. Make that a slight (good) preference for you above Kenshin. I still don't think either of you should be our priority today, though.

Farina again: I'd say Gasai makes distinctions between the two because she sees a wider gap between them than I do.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2012, 04:38:05 AM »
My main problem with Esuna was that at the time, it seemed as if she saw an opportunity and used it for her own benefit, rather then for town's benefit.
Also,
@Esuna: Should the last paragraph in this post be taken as you indirectly throwing your support in lynching those two?
Feeling too Busy to take it Easy?

It makes it sounds as if you don't actually believe in your scum picks even though you've been continuously stating how confident you are in your picks as of the moment.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2012, 04:49:29 AM »
Scumori. Who do you think is scum. Who do you think is town. Tell us. Why. And NOW. (Only Esuna will be met with me punching you in the face repeatedly with my vote.)

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:57 AM »
See what I mean about terrible effort vs. no effort, Farina?

Bed.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2012, 04:54:54 AM »
Tenshi's distinction in #181 works for me for now.  I don't really need a wall of text explaining why lurkers suck.  The only reason I'm saying so much is because I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get people to vote for them. >_>

In regards to her not pushing them very hard, I agree there.  Her other content has made up for it mostly, but this point is something to keep in mind for the future.  I just haven't had issues with the rest of her content, so I didn't find it worth pressing.