Author Topic: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Someone Wins  (Read 57090 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2012, 04:46:14 AM »
A New Day and a New Votecount

BlackRose: (1) Yuno Gasai
Kaori Kanzaki: (1) Esuna Busy

Not Voting: Everyone Else!

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

71.5 hours remaining.

Countdown timer

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
I concur with Gasai about the aggravating impossibility of reading that wagon. Nearly half of it is smeared with the need to lynch someone, and no one on it ended yesterday looking all that bad anyway. I have a small wurgle of an issue with Gasai's BlackRose vote, however temporary it was (the extra reason I had asked about the fundamental disconnect was because I have used the late-day-lurker-wagon-shift tactic as scum before, and I have also caught other scum trying to use it), but it's not really anything more than that since I didn't have a problem with Gasai's play otherwise.

Miki's flip makes me not feel quite as gung-ho on Mitsurugi, given I disliked them for rather similar things. So let us try something else.

##Vote: Kaori Kanzaki

This is practically a coinflip between Kanzaki and BlackRose. It's pretty much no effort against terrible effort. I have an ever-so-slight preference for lynching the no effort over the terrible effort, but they both ended the day looking really bad and make me wish I had two votes.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
A New Day and a New Votecount

BlackRose: (1) Yuno Gasai
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Esuna Busy, Tenshi Hinanawi

58.5 hours remaining.

Countdown timer

Kaori Kanzaki and BlackRose have been prodded again for the nth time. Seriously the dead players have more recent posts than you two do.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:45:31 PM by Conqueror »

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »
[2:57:45] Yukkii is falling asleep. This thread is so boring. Where did that loud scythe wielding girl go? Maybe everyone still thinks this is the night phase. The wagon isn't bad for reading though. Everyone who was on it had reasons to be there. I don't think everyone there is town. I would have said the most likely scum were Uesugi and Shana. :x

The only thing disapointing about my Blackrose vote is that it wasn't immediately followed by six after it.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #184 on: March 20, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
A post from miss Kanzaki and miss Rose would be a great thing to see, indeed. However, for the time being, I shall place my vote upon miss Martinozzi for the same reasons that I stated yesterday when I switched my vote to miss Miki.
##Vote Eclair Martinozzi

I shall also note that I will be unavailable for many of the hours in the following day and sincerely apologize for any and all inconveniences that my inactivity may cause.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »
So right now its in the eye of the beholder on which is worse, no effort or little effort.
Is that what you are trying to say Tenshi?

@Yuno: So you're saying to lynch BlackRose because everyone on the wagon is town in your eyes?
Don't you believe that would be a too quick of a decision?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #186 on: March 20, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »
Will be gone again as soon as I finish up this post because I'm busy as hell until tomorrow afternoon. I can't really put any roleplay input anyway since I don't know the character and stuff.

Mkay, so let's begin:

I have no idea what the hell.

Not only was that 5 pages of walls in one 4 hour sitting, but I'm also not familiar at all with most of the characters, which made it even more difficult to follow, and as if that were not horrible enough, as a result of not knowing the characters, I was also very confused at some the roleplay that people have been putting in. So basically my brain exploded and I don't know if I'm going to be making any sense.

At this point I'd rather just go on with D2 and not post any opinions about D1 due to not making any sense of it etc, but I figure people will press me for reads sooner or later so I'll also add what I can regarding my first impressions, despite how horribly bad they may be considering the single, one sitting read-through that'll inevitably mean overlooking several points.
The only thing on Irene's D1 I figure I should clarify beforehand is that I have absolutely no idea what the previous player was thinking when doing that weird softclaim in ED1, and that I can't contact him to figure it out. Anything Irene did after that was just promising to get to reading through the text walls, so his play is an overall "??" to me. I'm also pretty confused about how or why anybody would give Irene a pass (Yuno's #93) and she wasn't listed among some people's "lurkers who should die" list, which considering the absolute lack of content seems pretty off. Only seeing side mentions of her once Eclair gave up on trying to get the lynch going almost made me forget she existed this game (which I just noticed Kenshin mentioned in #144)

Since I mentioned that, I guess my playerlist breakdown will start with Kenshin:

She was particularly unmemorable, and any reads I have on her are kind of forced out of a re-read. The only thing that really caught my attention during the first readthrough was the beginning of her #73. Despite agreeing with the sissy-slapfight looking townie, I always find it odd and scummy when people post reminders that they're hunting scum, out of nowhere. Town is too busy doing the hunting to care to point out that they're doing it, so I always read this as scum going "hey people look at me! I'm scumhunting too!". I find that small things such as these tend to be pretty accurate, but this thing being mentioned under the pretense of roleplay makes my conviction on the read waver, everybody likes roleplaying and pushing this as the primary reason for a lynch would be awful. However, this small detail still makes me read her as scummier, so this is also a warning of confirmation bias in my reread.

So reread in, she's unmemorable, and she made sure to point this out in her #73. This is very odd to me, considering that her way of reacting to this is saying that she'll answer any questions people have of her instead of being more active in her scumhunting. It reads to me like she's analyzing the thread more than enough, but isn't posting all she could, both in amount of posts and in amount per post. She only posts once more clarifying her ED1 vote and then dissapears until the deadline, keeping her vote on Miki with absolutely no analysis on her recent posts at the time other than "dislike" and saying she'd also be fine with LAL, then dissapears again.
I'm aware of my bias and as such won't push this as horribly scummy yet, but I would appreciate it greatly if Kenshin were to be as transparent as humanly possible this D2 so I can make sure I'm not making a mistake here.

It's unfair that I reread her thoroughly and only her, but I'll be running out of time soon so I'm just posting first impressions from now on with the necessary cautions until I get back tomorrow and get some serious reading done.

Shana.
I once heard that NK analysis is something you do but don't talk about, so I guess I'll save my opinions on this unless somebody is terribly interested.

Farina.
I've been reading people cheering her on for good roleplaying, and not too long afterwards, good content. It may just be that lack of information on the character makes reading her difficult for me, or maybe I'm just not remembering all of her posts properly, but I dislike this. What I remember of her was her pushing certain conducts as scummy, I should probably look further into it since this was back when I still didn't have a good track of the characters and who was voting for whom, but it read to me as possibly twisting things too far to find scummy behaviour. It could also be trying hard, or just that I failed to interpret it correctly, probably the latter, since her comment on Sayaka's claim seemed like she wanted to stop a townie lynch even if it cost her to do a softclaim of sorts. I just disliked that a cheer for good roleplaying turns into a cheer for good play altogether, it reeks of bias and trying to make the player look better.

Tenshi.
Probably the towniest in my list so far. She put some good deal of effort into explaining her points despite the amount of times she was getting misread, and I'm happy with the big degree of transparency. Nevertheless, I don't like town reads at all. I know I'm particularly weak to walls of solid reasoning and that I always read certain players as town, so I will still pass a new judgement upon every new post.

BLAH, everything from here on got deleted due to backspace. Time to start again and write down everything again in more confusing ways. IN A WORD DOCUMENT.

Eclair.
See Tenshi, only pushing harder to get her lynches, I don?t really know what she thinks of anybody who isn?t Miya or Yuno though, and would like to know. Also, although it could be argued that it?s WIFOM, I like the blatant alliance with Tenshi, scum wouldn?t have the guts to do that after calling lynch attention like she did earlier in the day.

Yuno.
I?ve never played a game where millers are told outright that they?re millers, but then again, Miki somehow knew she was a paranoid doctor, so her claim is a lot more believable after her flip. The only issue I have is how she gave Irene and Meiya a D1 pass just ?cause. It kind of makes sense that she?d let Irene get a pass for role-related reasons after her ?anti-town? claim if she?s a miller and has this anti-town name she claims to have, if this is who I think it is playing Yuno.
Well, that would be the case if her #172 didn?t completely contradict this by condemning Miki after claiming Paranoid Cop. I mean sure, the cop claim gambit was horrible and I don?t understand why Miki did that, but when did Paranoid Cop seem like a good scum fakeclaim? Farina acurrately described how the cop gambit could be interpreted as 100% scum, but Yuno didn't do anything at all other than demand a hammer. I would like Yuno to answer why she believed that Irene should get a pass and not Miki.
But this is sort of based on meta, in an anonymafia. So yeah. I don?t really want to lynch Yuno right now, unless her answers make me want to use her own ?persuasion tools? against her.
Scratch this. A recent event has lead me to accidentally find out who was playing this account before, and therefore my read on Yuno's player has been proved wrong. I won't be voting Yuno just yet, but hell do I want to hear an answer from her about this.

Kaori and Blackrose.
I don?t like LAL, having people like PX around who lurk regardless of alignment means the probability of lynching town is not low. I?d rather have you two getting a move on and posting content. Lots of it. I?d want myself and everyone else to be able to have a decent read before LAL is pushed to the edge and I?m forced to choose between you two.

People I desperately need to re-read in order to develop some sort of opinion on them:

Maka. Turned unmemorable after the ED1 prod for activity. I thought she hadn?t posted much after that and was going to scold her for it, but a quick glance tells me she actually has been rather active. I dislike her condemning of parroting and her asking Seiya if her bulletproof also governed her own lynches, which would obviously be really ridiculous. She also refused to change her stance on Sayaka after her full claim for some reason when all she needed to do was unvote along with her frustration venting post, but I get how the pressure to get a lynch in 1 hour would make you prefer to risk a mislynch to get a flip than end up with a no lynch so whatever.

Meiya. Needs better post organization, seriously. I feel she might be scummy but don?t have any reasons to back it up, I probably just think so because I liked Tenshi and ?clair?s stuff the most. I have nothing on her myself.

Esuna. I dislike her pushing a Kanzaki lynch over a Blackrose/Irene/Shana lynch, when they were all nonexistent enough to have everybody lack a decent read on them.  And? wait what?
#130 -> ?Meiya is town. Why is there a wagon on her??
#174 -> ?Meiya?s claim does look pretty town?
I was wrong, I do have a read on her. I just remembered those two posts randomly while doing something else, and unless my mafia play is horrible beyond belief, I believe forgetting your own town reads is not something town tends to do and is scummy as hell.

So TL;DR version for whoever is as tired of walls as I am:
As of now I want to lynch Esuna, but will be placing my vote on one of the lurkers instead to get the wagons going so they stop lurking once and for all. It's pretty ridiculous to assume that things will remain like this by the end of the day, but just to be clear as to where I'm standing, if things do remain like this at the end of the day I'd be willing to lynch Yuno, Kenshin or either of the Blackrose/Kaori pair, given they continue their game like this.

Lastly, reminder that this is originally post #182. I'm posting this with some lag and won't be updating it with the content beyond (except a bit I just did regarding Yuno because it pretty much changed the whole read) because of busy at the time of posting + the stuff coming up tomorrow and the activity I expect to have to catch up to. If something comes up in the meanwhile such as lurker content then all the better!

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #187 on: March 20, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »
Never did decide which of the two I'd vote. I don't want one of them to turn into a quicklynch before they get a chance to speak up so I'll go with Blackrose.
Note that this does not mean I will not support the lurker lynches under any conditions. If the content either of them provide is ridiculously terrible I will definitely support lynching the lurker in question.

##Vote: Blackrose

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
Votecount

BlackRose: (2) Yuno Gasai, Quicksword Irene
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Esuna Busy, Tenshi Hinanawi
Eclair Martinozzi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi

55 hours remaining.

Countdown timer

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2012, 11:30:59 PM »
@Irene

First, I think I explained several times why I found your predecessor's claim really townie, but I'll do so again.  I claimed a role with anti-town implications that would be easy to attack, or at least ignore, and she not only defended my claim, she said her role was something similar.  This means she severely limited the amount of things she could claim and she'd have to justify that defense later when claims came.  I find it unlikely that scum would gimp themselves this badly so early.  It was certainly good enough for a D1 pass considering the only issue I had with her was the fact that she wasn't posting.  Her outright flaking coupled with your post means I don't think I have any reason to reconsider this read.

As for Sayaka's claim, first she did not claim vig/paranoid doc/whatever: she claimed an ordinary cop.  Considering I'm a miller and Farina said a couple of times that she had reasons to expect a cop to be in the game, there was a very good chance there was a cop in the game.  However, I figured out pretty quickly it wasn't her.  I recommend rereading the end of the day because some of the things you said were not things that happened and I'm afraid your eyes were just glazing over the posts at that point (totally understandable given you had to read the whole game at once).  If it's not clear why I thought she was fake claiming cop I can go over it again though.

Anyway, I could not think of a single pro-town reason to fake claim cop in a game with a claimed miller.  I could think of a couple of pro-scum reasons though.  First, it would draw a claim from the real cop (and it was done after everyone left, so not only would it draw a claim from the real cop on D2, there's a chance she might have lived another day giving her the best of both worlds with that claim).  Second, it was an important enough claim that it would let her live though the day.  Third, two people on her wagon, Farina and myself, had reasons to believe there was a cop in this game, so it was also an emotionally manipulative way to get us to stop voting her.  Because I figured out it was fake quickly enough I was able to get some support onto her even after her claim.  She then proceeds to claim vig: a confirmable role that could be used to off some of the lurkers I felt were really scummy.  I thought it was both more emotional manipulation and a last ditch effort to shake people off her wagon since she was still more likely to get lynched than Meiya even with the cop claim.

Contrast that with Meiya's claim.  She claimed an anti-town role name (something I have myself), and the role itself was downright insane for scum to claim.  Call it WIFOM, but I can't think of a single mafiaoso that would claim Godmother over something like town cop.  She also gave her flavor to me quickly, which makes me think it's not made up.  So basically, I had to pick between someone that fake claimed cop in a game with a claimed miller and someone with a totally insane claim that had similarities to my own role PM.  It wasn't a hard choice, and I still think Meiya's town because of it.

Irene I explained above.

I also want to say that LAL is NOT a bad strategy.  Lurking is like the best scum strategy ever because people are afraid to lynch lurkers and it gives them a way to say absolutely nothing.  Lurking is scummy.

@Kaori

The Sayaka wagon was made up of people I had town reads on, with the exception of Uesugi who I don't have much of an opinion either way.  It's not premature, it just is.  It means I have to reconsider my reads, which I will do when I have time to read the thread seven more times.  The reason I want lurker lynches so much is because I had no real scum reads while reading the thread, which means the people lurking are probably scum.  Considering lurking is scummy, this isn't that surprising.  I just fine BlackRose barely worse than you.

Also, could you like, tell us what you think about stuff at some point?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
Irene just shot up in my appreciation. Would not lynch.

I also do not have any desire to lynch Gasai at this point, as her thought processes are clear and easy to follow. I do want to lynch Esuna Busy. I reread her during the night as I recalled almost nothing of her actual stances throughout Day 1, and now I know why. It's because Esuna kept skirting the sidelines and never really joined us in the fight to find Galette scum spies.

There's a typical promise to deliver content on page 2 after being confronted by walls of text, and no real elaboration on her stance on me in light of her vote being due to a miswording on my part or a misreading on her part with respect to my reason for voting Gasai. She later says she thinks my explanation was good enough for an ED1 case, and that my jump to Irene is odd, and even weirder that I go for Meiya in what she determines to be 'not me over me' at a stage so early in the game it was unlikely I'd get lynched.

Even more unlikely considering three of the votes were over ED1 stuff and hadn't been updated yet with serious matter, and it feels like a weird kind of panic mongering by suggesting I was somehow afraid of the pressure building up on me. There was no real, threatening wagon on me at any point before her post concluding I was voting 'not me over me', and it seems like a lazy stretch by just looking at the votes and making opinions. She calls my case on Meiya 'disjointed odd points'... my vote at that time had been accompanied by the question of 'why Tenshi over Farina?', which by no stretch of anyone's imagination should be considered either an appropriate case nor 'disjointed odd points'. It feels like she's forcing herself to have an opinion on me to validate her vote, and uses that to avoid saying anything about anyone else.

By the end of the day she abandons her stance on me and doesn't want to lynch Sayaka, and instead goes for the lurkers. She has now commented that Meiya is Town, Farina is Town, Maka is Town, don't want to lynch Eclair, don't want to lynch Sayaka, and BlackRose, Irene and Kaori are lurky, let's lynch Kaori.

And after toting how Meiya is Town, she swaps her Kaori vote to a Meiya vote for inexplicable reasons ('something I'm not seeing in Meiya'), which feels like the kind of ploy Galettes would use to avoid giving a clear cut opinion.

Even now her opinions offer little and she is still aiming at a lurker, while never quite saying who really are scum. If the lurkers are the only scum in hte game I put serious question marks at your participation and the strength of your desire to see us root out the traitors in our midst.

##Vote: Esuna Busy

I'm not willing to pursue Meiya today.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »
I also want to say that LAL is NOT a bad strategy.  Lurking is like the best scum strategy ever because people are afraid to lynch lurkers and it gives them a way to say absolutely nothing.  Lurking is scummy.

Lurkers are like the lazy bums who sign up to war and then realize that a full schedule is a full schedule. I don't really like lynching lurkers over scummy people because it feels too much like cleaning up the Town of the lazy bums who don't participate.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2012, 12:09:01 AM »
I'd agree with that if the lurkers weren't scummy and the more active posters weren't town.  Do you disagree that the lurkers are scummy?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:09 AM »
Kaori does look rather unhelpful and not pro-Town, if that's what you're asking. Were I in her position, I'd have shined my armor and made sure I'd made the darndest best impression of myself I could, and it frustrates me that she continues to be a jerk who doesn't play the game. People who don't want to play shouldn't sign up.

I can get behind a lynch on her on grounds of inattentiveness, lurking and a refusal to take the game serious and partake in scumhunting, but most of it feels like I'd lynch her for being a no-play jerk.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2012, 12:25:15 AM »
Yeah, I disappeared for most of the end of D1 and then had to rush to catch up and sort of got buried under a pile of trying to deal with everything at once while sleepy. (This lead to things like "Meiya is town" "##Vote Meiya" "Nevermind Meiya is town again", although at least the last was because of her claim, but I digress.) Now to make up for it!

Also, on the matter of lurking and stuff. There can be people who don't post often but are town. You can often tell this by their posts actually, like, being good and townie looking. On the other hand, you practically seem to be saying "They're lurking so let's lynch someone else." ...this is part of the reason scum lurk. Other parts of the reason is because if you don't post often, you don't have to fake as much stuff, and you're less likely to slip up, as well as less likely to have attention paid to you (If you don't overdo it like Kaori does.). FOR EXAMPLE, HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE THINK ABOUT UESUGI EVER? I'll get back to that later.

Blackrose, TBH, I feel is more likely to be newbtown then scum. Kaori, on the other hand, barely even looks like she's trying. Not "I don't have enough time to play properly", just, not seriously working towards a pro-town win condition. Look at her D2 post, 185. That's like her third post in the game, and they've all been about that long. Also look at the words in it, because... dear god, if you think she's trying, I don't know what is wrong with you. She's not doing crap. Critical things like "My opinion about what's happened" and "Who I think is scum" are missing here. There is none of that present. And it's D2 now. This is so bad I don't even.

Specifically to Eclair... if nothing else, she's worse then useless, being a major distraction to everyone here and provides an easy target for scum to sit on. But I do seriously think she's scum herself.

I also have other opinions to share, of course. For one, Yuno might just be my strongest town read right now. And my second pick for scum after Kaori is Uesugi. I'm about to eat dinner, so I'm going to put this out here now and by the time I go to sleep a post on Why I Think Uesugi Is A Galette Spy should be all bright and shiny and present.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2012, 12:33:50 AM »
I should be attending more important matters, but I'm checking by before heading to bed anyway because I suck at self-restraint.

Eclair pointed out something I missed due to lack of reread, but Esuna's lack of a coherent read on Meiya started way before the hammer post. There's a blatant read flip-flop from "Meiya is Town. Why is there a wagon on her." to "I still need to reread Meiya more", then finally voting Meiya for no reason and disappearing. The scum read was already the strongest I had before, but after this I'm pretty much sold on lynching you today as of now, Esuna, if there's any explanation for this behaviour, I would like to hear it.

And what I wanted to comment on initially was that I dislike this needless repetition of "lurkers are scummy". Everybody already knows this, and are now acting upon it to get them moving. Doing this thing where you keep droning on about it until they post is only going to make it more likely for everybody to get even more confirmation-biasy when reading them, and therefore discouraging them from providing content. I'd rather let them have a shot at playing frickin' mafia and providing something of use in the first third of the day or so.

Comment on Yuno will have to wait until tomorrow, hopefully will have more to go on by then, too.

Cut by Esuna's explanation being an excuse. I would be pleased with some pressure on Uesugi to get her posting, though.
Also an explanation of why Blackrose is newb/derptown would be nice.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »
Bishamonten, grant me your divine protection!

First point, a hearty welcome to Irene 2.0.  In one post you've managed to repair my opinion of your prior self and even managed to answer the one question I wanted Irene 1.0 to answer (... to the best of your ability).  So thank you for actually showing up to play; I trust this level of activity will maintain itself.

Second point: Kaori.  You barely showed up all day yesterday and your first post today is a minimum-content garbage post.  Where's the analysis?  Where are your thoughts?  Where's... anything other than some throwaway questions?  This is getting to be just blatant active lurking IN ADDITION TO your regular lurking and argh.  You officially became worse than BlackRose in my book.  Minimum-effort cruising on D2 after EVERYONE WAS ON YOUR ASS YESTERDAY FOR DOING THE SAME THING means not only that you're probably never going to improve, but that you're doing it intentionally.

##vote Kaori

Get dead and take your mediocre anime with you.

Third point: Esuna.  I have a major issue with last night's quickhammering.  We still had an hour left in the day.  You bare minimum could have been like "I am here and willing to switch my vote!" or something first.  It kinda bothered me then (not the least of which because I got cut), and your recent posts aren't helping matters much.  At the risk of sounding moronic I'm going to hold judgement until after I see your case on me, because it might at least show you're putting your own thoughts together.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2012, 01:33:18 AM »
Mmm burritos.

Irene: Blackrose, well, at least she actually sort of looked like she was trying when she posted. But given her nonexistence, there isn't much to say on the matter. I wouldn't mind all that much if she got lynched either, but I'd vastly prefer Kaori.

I also somehow doubt pressure will galvanize Kaori into action, either. Note how her latest post came after two out of the three people to post in D2 started off by jumping directly onto her, and a whole lot of people expressing large dislike of her at the end of D1, even if they were not voting her. Her posts are also lacking in any "Sorry, busy" or "This is hard but here's what I've got", which isn't exactly a reason, but IMO helps set in my read of her as uncaring scum skirting by with little to no effort. Possibly hoping that since she was so nonexistent people would concentrate on their scumpicks who were actually present?

That entire paragraph is pretty unhelpful and consisting of silly things. There's a reason it wasn't in my previous post. It's just sort of things that compound upon my read of her due to said things in my previous post, instead of being explicit reasons I think she's bad.

Anyway. Uesugi time.

Uesugi is pulling the lurkscum manuever, except she's doing it more professionally. Her posts are actually nice looking, so with their low number and lack of immediately apparent issues inside, she actually does manage to slide by without much notice.

"But why isn't she just a townie who doesn't post a lot, if her posts look nice and have no apparent issues?", hmm? Right. I do have to admit; she starts out strong. She goes on hard after Sayaka right off the bat, far long before anyone else is voting her, with nice points. She talks about other people at first, although then purely attentions on Sayaka, but given that it's only one post, it's hard for me to actually accuse her a tunnel vision (It's hard to accuse lurkers of a lot of things, honestly.). She finally reappears late in the day... stays on the Sayaka wagon of course given how the day is going, and then spends the rest of her post going hardcore LAL, not just on the standard Kaori and Blackrose but Irene as well.

Note that she doesn't actually comment on anything that had happened during the latter half of D1 apart from the three lurkers.

On the other people, she says she doesn't support their lynches because "She doesn't see a viable case" or "I need to see more from her first", rather then "I think ____ is town". This leaves her options open to be able to easily later jump on them later in the game with a vote if she deigns to... while simultaneously still in the future be able to say she thinks/thought they were town, and whichever she does fits perfectly fine with what she said in the past. (Scum benefit from keeping their supportable mislynch options open.)

Personally, I think she's playing scum quite well right now, and that she hasn't really made any notable mistakes, so while I do commend her play, I'm firmly in the belief that she's still, indeed, scum.

Totally and completely happy with lynching Kaori or Uesugi today.

Cut by Uesugi herself! Her Kaori vote is something obvious to anyone at this point and even if they're both scum I'd honestly be expecting scum to be bussing Kaori right now anyway. She notably still lacks opinions other then the easy targets (Sayaka is the only one in the game she's talked about past very early D1 who wasn't an easy target) so my opinion has not changed a bit. As for defense of myself, A. An hour left in the day is not much, especially when most are sleeping. Second, lynches other then Sayaka no longer seemed viable. Finally, her claiming got super weird and the only viable wagon left had made a claim I felt made her look pretty darn town, leaving Sayaka as by far the better lynch choice.

And lastly, it was what, 1:30 am? I had to get the hell to sleep. I wasn't going to risk a No Lynch happening, and I'm extremely doubtful anything in that last hour would have changed the outcome of the day or been particularly important.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2012, 01:37:54 AM »
For those who tl;dr, these are IMO the most important points on my Uesugi case.
Uesugi is pulling the lurkscum manuever, except :wordswords: -> actually does manage to slide by without much notice.

Note that in her non-ed1 post she doesn't actually comment on anything that had happened during the latter half of D1 apart from the three lurkers.

On the other people, she says she doesn't support their lynches because "She doesn't see a viable case" or "I need to see more from her first", rather then "I think ____ is town". This leaves her options open to be able to easily later jump on them later in the game with a vote if she deigns to... while simultaneously still in the future be able to say she thinks/thought they were town, and whichever she does fits perfectly fine with what she said in the past. (Scum benefit from keeping their supportable mislynch options open.)

Cut by Uesugi herself! Her Kaori vote is something obvious to anyone at this point and even if they're both scum I'd honestly be expecting scum to be bussing Kaori right now anyway. She notably still lacks opinions other then the easy targets (Sayaka is the only one in the game she's talked about past very early D1 who wasn't an easy target) so my opinion has not changed a bit.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:13 AM »
Blarghehflargehbop.

Ok to make this brief for now. It seems like the big thing right now is heavy pressure on lurkers. To note, I'm not against lynching them, but it's a matter of personal morals that dictate my apprehension. I don't like to lynch people playing for the sole reason of playing badly, and therefore scummy, because it makes the game unfun.

On this note, I will say right now that I do not plan on voting Kaori right now. I refuse to belive that scum would be that lazy or apathetic or that their buddies would let her do that. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sorry and I will have words for post-game, but I'm not willing to vote her now. This is NOT an excuse to just keep doing nothing, get in here and speak the queen's english in a way that also makes you play the game.

##Vote: Uesugi Kenshin

Again, a quick writeup, but I feel strongly about this. She was almost nonexistant Day 1 with a vote that literally never moved off of Sayaka. The first post had almost nothing but a single reason for voting her. The second post basically reads as "Hi I'm here and I'm gonna keep my vote here". Just to note, it was almost time for the 24 hour prod when she posted it. Darnit, I have to go now but I shall get this post and my position out there and expound on it later when I arrive hopefully.

Can't read much but she posted and looks like taking the easy way ok bye

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »
Okay, this might be a little awkward since those posts were made awhile ago, but in hindsight I believe it to be better to put my vote where my mouth is instead of simply verbally going after Uesugi.

##Unvote
##Vote Uesugi Kenshin

Kaori is still scum too, of course. But Uesugi is too, and it matters that I convince others of this as opposed to the already apparent wide agreement of Kaori being horribad, hence the vote to actually throw weight into my case. I'm fine with switching to Kaori to lynch her at the end of the day if my vote is needed there.

Oh boy, a cut with beating me to my own wagonstarting. How embarrassing...!

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »
Alright, I seriously suck at finding the mafias unless something seriously ticks for me or there's a scum flip somewhere. So I'll just express my current thoughts with this post.

D2, not liking people who are focusing on lurkers right now. So that means Uesegi, Yuno, and Tenshi. Especially Yuno. Considering how lazy modo she just got, I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY wish she could flip scum. Unfortunately, there just seems no way that Yuno is scum for me. Just one question, can you ask the mod how your role works with Weak Roles?

I really like Esuna's case on Uesegi as it makes sense, and I second Maka that all her posts look like careful prod avoidance.

The Celestial Princess's only post of D2 looks really opportunistic, getting rid of all her suspicion of Meiya and immediately switching to lurker hunt mode after the first few posts of D2 voting for lurkers and the general populace decided Meiya wasn't scum after keeping her vote there all day, disappearing this day 2 so far, forgetting Kaori exists until AFTER she got voted by someone else, among various small things I can't explain, make her my prefered scum pick.

##Vote: Tenshi

Kaori is... basic lurkscum and I don't feel like lynching her right now?

Everyone else is various amounts of Town/Neutral and I don't want to make this post big.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »
I may not have much time at the present but may I direct a question towards miss Busy? I shall assume that the answer is yes and ask my question anyway. Now that you have more time and are not inebriated by a lack of rest could you kindly explain your thought process in reversing your read of myself at the last minute when it appeared as though I would be lynched? I have noticed that, although you have briefly mentioned it within this post, you have failed to provide a clear explanation and I am now hoping that you are capable of supplying one.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2012, 02:48:19 AM »
And miss Rose, if miss Kanzaki is lurkscum rather than a simple lurker, may I inquire so as to why do you not wish to view her lynch at the present moment?

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »
Erm.

To be entirely honest I'm not sure I can adequately explain how I feel about you at all, especially what happened related to you at the end of d1.

I'm sort of glad your claim suddenly made you so town because it meant I can clear you as town and stop worrying about it.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2012, 02:52:27 AM »
It's sort of difficult to read your D1 posts at all just because of how drowned in fancy wording they are. I can sort of grasp what they say, but I can't hold it together long enough to have the whole post "translated" in my mind so that I can properly evaluate them.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2012, 03:41:08 AM »
Quote from: BlackRose
Just one question, can you ask the mod how your role works with Weak Roles?
I'm just going to ignore the irony of you calling me lazy and answer this.  They would die if they targeted me.

Comments on everything else will come after I've finished my read.  Hoping that'll be tonight, but I'm not making any promises.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2012, 03:44:53 AM »
Simply because going after solely lurkers would be the laziest thing ever. If Kaori ends up being the lynch of the day, my vote will be there.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2012, 03:45:44 AM »
Count Voting

BlackRose: (2) Yuno Gasai, Quicksword Irene
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Tenshi Hinanawi, Uesugi Kenshin
Eclair Martinozzi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi
Esuna Busy: (1) Eclair Martinozzi
Uesugi Kenshin: (2) Maka Albarn, Esuna Busy
Tenshi Hinanawi: (1) BlackRose

Not Voting: Farina, Kaori Kanzaki

48.5 hours remaining.

Countdown timer

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:02 AM »
Comments on not-me things

Irene 2.0 (and anyone else that thinks this might be relevant/needs the distinction made between different classes of lurkers): For the record, I cared little for pressing your predecessor as a lurker because she was a non-present lurker even as far as lurkers go. People that lurk and pop up occasionally to post scummy things are people worth pursuing. People that plain don't show up at all and have about as many prods as posts by the time Day 1 ends are not people worth pursuing, they're people that you let the mod handle.

I've spent the past little while devoting what energy I can to looking at the Day 1s of Busy and Kenshin. This might seem a bit jumbled, but I swear it makes sense in my head to organize it like this (though I'm reasonably positive I'm coming down with something so who knows). To wit:

I find the charge of lurking against Kenshin intriguing, because it took me a couple of rereads of her posts, but the subtle lurkage did eventually start to come across. Which probably means it's doing its job as a lurk and I should be putting even more stock in noticing it. Albarn's Kenshin case is less than impressive to me because it seems like it glosses over the clarification made in Kenshin's second post. (And go figure how much stock I put in marking someone off for pursing a lurker right now, given where my vote is.) Hopefully the fabled "more" mentioned in #199 will make a stronger case than this.

I think Busy's Mitsurugi bizarreness may be a bit overblown by both Irene and Martinozzi, but I do agree with the pseudo-"panic mongering" Martinozzi brought up in #190 being a bad thing. "Not me over me" not even halfway into Day 1 is not really something that is going to happen and trying to accuse someone of it (even ignoring that it's not really something you bring to bear against someone) in that scenario doesn't read as something a townie would do.

Something I find particularly interesting about part of Busy's case on Kenshin, however, is referencing how open #144 leaves Kenshin to move later in the game. Specifically, I find this bit interesting because I read Busy's #130 in a similar way. I come out of #130 know Busy likes Mitsurugi, isn't sure on Martinozzi and ultimately likes Miki (or at least doesn't like voting for her). Town labels are also slapped on two people I think are pretty obvious townies so I don't put a lot of weight in that. I come out of Kenshin's #144 knowing she isn't sure on Mitsurugi and doesn't like Miki. There's also a re-affirmation of liking Martinozzi, which was established in #79 (as was a like of Farina) and thus not quite the open-ended support Busy claims it is. There are other people mentioned by both Busy and Kenshin in those two posts, but to me the posts still roughly balance out in opinions and support of those opinions and ideally leaving the other mentions out will encourage people to look over the two posts for themselves for comparison purposes.

What all this amounts to me wondering why Busy would hold #144 against Kenshin enough to list it in the #198 summary when Busy's #130 is incredibly similar. Ideally, I'd like to see a clear explanation of how they're sufficiently different that Busy is justified in making the point against Kenshin, because I expect this difference will tip the scales of my opinion between the two of them. (As it stands, since I read Busy holding #144 against Kenshin as hypocritical hunting in light of Busy's #130, I like Busy less of the two.)

Response to case against me

BlackRose: Oh boy.

* I spent Day 1 voting for someone for repeatedly misrepresenting my case and the day ended with a lynch of someone else that had repeatedly misrepresented my case and opinion and that person flipped town. What am I supposed to do there, ignore the flip and keeping on pressing my original target with reasoning that was demonstrably fallable? I'm not 100% convinced she's town, but a large part of my case against her was damaged by Miki's flip. I would've been pretty stupid to open today with a vote on her.
* I'm...sorry for being asleep when the first two votes of Day 2 were cast, I guess? I would hardly say that today's first two votes were what made me change priorities given Kanzaki and yourself were demonstrably in line right after Mitsurugi for me. In fact, unless I'm not reading something right here, implying that I "switched to lurker mode" after Day 2 opened with a couple of votes for lurkers is incongruous with the accusation that I simply "got rid of all suspicion of Meiya" for just that reason.
* I "disappeared" today because I have things to do during the day on a Tuesday. Go figure, I have weekday commitments. Holding a "disappearance" like this against me is extra rude coming from someone that disappeared for roughly the same amount of time at the end of Day 1 after not even finishing reading the game as of their last post (your #101).
* Please point out to me where I forgot that Kaori existed until after someone reminded me she did. If you're referring to #133, I hadn't forgotten she existed, I just didn't think her as relevant as you at the time for lynch purposes because you had a vote and she didn't until Busy posted before I did. See also the bottom of my #87 and the middle of my #107 for evidence that I had had my eye on Kanzaki for a while.

Headed to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be less busy (no, not Busy) than today was. At the very least, I hope to arrive to the thread earlier.