Author Topic: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)  (Read 107080 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
Didn't we discuss on IRC that my shot type spawns familiars at the top of the screen and shoots down. Just haven't decided whether to do straight lasers or slightly angled shots.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
Isn't there like a subscribe function to track threads ?
There is? All I see I can do is reply, notify, mark unread, send this topic, print. Unless notify means notify me when it's updated rather than notify the mod of a bad thread.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: [????? ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2010, 05:03:17 PM »
Notify will actially send you an email whenever the topic is updated. Basically the subscribing that Hele mentioned.

I'll see if we can't get some way to increase our visibility on another page, or moving just the discussion thread to CPMC or something.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2010, 05:08:13 PM »
Didn't we discuss on IRC that my shot type spawns familiars at the top of the screen and shoots down. Just haven't decided whether to do straight lasers or slightly angled shots.

I am currently building your shot-type, and am using regular bullets. I deemed lasers kinda useless, since then it wouldn't matter if your options are on the top or bottom of the screen, they will still hit the same general area. Kinda destroys the gimmick in my mind. Angled shots seem to work fine, but you're welcome to change it. I'll post a beta for you to see what I'm working with soon (today).

« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
This is the latest version I have but someone wanted me to improve the hair animation, I also forgot to fix the shadows in the pants. The straight one has almost no shadow and the turning ones look gradient

The hat suffers from gradient syndrome as well and looks somewhat odd as a result

Would it be okay if I tried my hand at reshading the sprite? (Note that I don't know what style you're going for so if there are any rules for shading or palette limits I wouldn't know)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 07:49:00 PM by huh what »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: [????? ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
Touhou-style(which is pretty vague I realize), and feel free to take a stab at it.

« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
Done

Left is the original, right is my edit of it.

The arms were kind of bugging me so I altered them a bit, not sure if it's better or worse this way

I only did one pose, since if everyone like Skye's better then I'd be wasting my time if I redid the whole thing

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2010, 08:41:46 PM »
I have Rou's sprites here. I kinda like your shading better than mine. If everyone else agrees to use your shading then we'll use it. Maybe give Gpop and Zengar the same style of shading.

I haven't played the demo yet, are you using a single sprite for the fairies? I have the spritesheet for the normal fairies.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
I definitely like how you did the shading there on the hat and pants.

« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2010, 08:50:10 PM »
I have Rou's sprites here. I kinda like your shading better than mine. If everyone else agrees to use your shading then we'll use it. Maybe give Gpop and Zengar the same style of shading.
I'd be willing to reshade them if necessary.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2010, 10:12:52 PM »
Done

Left is the original, right is my edit of it.

The arms were kind of bugging me so I altered them a bit, not sure if it's better or worse this way

I only did one pose, since if everyone like Skye's better then I'd be wasting my time if I redid the whole thing

Needs transparant bg else it is useless to use. Deleting the green bg currently in photoshop messes up the pixels.

« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2010, 10:13:38 PM »
Yeah, we don't want to hear how great we are. Right now we need superbitching. Serp talked to me quite a bit about the mechanics but nobody else.

EDIT: If you could, take it to the discussion thread, please.

Please, for the love of god, eliminate all traces of that horrible tiny borderline unreadable text you have there in the middle.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2010, 10:22:56 PM »
Needs transparant bg else it is useless to use. Deleting the green bg currently in photoshop messes up the pixels.
Uncheck Anti-alias and Contiguous while using the fill bucket/magic wand/whatever you're using to remove it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:24:54 PM by huh what »

« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »
I definitely like how you did the shading there on the hat and pants.

Agreed.

I'd be willing to reshade them if necessary.

Please do. Post or PM me the results whenever you can, since I'm currently working on scripts that use them. I'm not in a rush or anything, so don't worry about it too much.

MSPaint -> fill bucket -> Black -> Use ADD blending.

Alternatively, this:
Uncheck Anti-alias and Contiguous while using the fill bucket/magic wand/whatever you're using to remove it.

Please, for the love of god, eliminate all traces of that horrible tiny borderline unreadable text you have there in the middle.

Consider it done. All text functions in the main menu are there merely for placeholder until Helepolis (or anybody else, I guess) finishes the undoubtable sexy graphics that will be occupying the title screen. This is merely code to show that everything is working, adding graphics in is only one simple step up from what the menu is right now.

« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:30 PM »
Please do. Post or PM me the results whenever you can, since I'm currently working on scripts that use them. I'm not in a rush or anything, so don't worry about it too much.
I don't actually know where to find the sprites of Gpop and Zengar, if you could link to where they were originally posted that'd be appreciated

« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »

This is the sprite sheet I currently use for Zengar. Note that the bottom right corner is gonna need to stay transparent. The rest of the background may also be changed to transparent if you wish, but it doesn't really matter. The third row of Zengar (right movement) is just the left reversed, so don't feel you have to do everything :V You probably would notice that almost instantly though, but I figured I'd make sure.

Also, Danmakufu is a piece of shit and reads RGB 0, 0, 0 as it's default transparency color, so make note of that while you're editing. Just increase everything by 1 if you need to at the end.

I only have the first frame for Gpop though, I dunno if Skye finished her (I missed the post if he did).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:43:29 PM by Naut »

« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2010, 10:44:15 PM »
Can I see the first frame of Gpop? I'll probably reshade one pose first and edit that into the rest

Also Zengar's arms/hands kind of confuse me. Are they in a pocket, on his hips, infront of his dress? I can't tell.

« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »

I honestly don't know. I've heard people refer to it as a superman pose, if that helps. :S

Edit:
I haven't played the demo yet, are you using a single sprite for the fairies? I have the spritesheet for the normal fairies.

I have the sheets for the magenta, purple, yellow and green small fairies, as well as a single frame of the big fairy. We may only end up using blue, red and death fairies, plus the large ones though. I'm not sure. But we definately could use blue.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:49:15 PM by Naut »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:42 PM »
Superman pose when moving, arms in front/not-at-sides when stationary.

« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »
Are the animations required to be 8 frames? All the ones I've seen so far are, and I've been messing around with Rou's normal flying animation and finding that it looks better with only 7.

« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2010, 11:58:21 PM »
If it looks better with seven, then keep it at seven. There is no specific requirement.

« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2010, 12:10:35 AM »

Done with the reshade of Rou's forward pose. Before I start on the other poses, is there anything I messed up while tweaking the animation that I should alter?

« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2010, 12:28:20 AM »
Your shading looks great, but we're debating the pose she's in. It doesn't look as fluid as Gpops. Also, Zengar is now xbox heug in comparison to the other sprites, so now may be the tme to change her around a bit too...

Code: [Select]
[20:48:21] <Naut> anywho, opinions? I think it's fine: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4016.msg241920#msg241920
[20:49:00] <Drake> His shading is good, yes
[20:50:06] <Drake> I still feel like the sprites themselves are bugging me.
[20:50:11] <Drake> Not sure why.
[20:50:26] <Naut> chunk hair still subconsciously irking?
[20:50:40] <Naut> beefy arms a bit too much, even for rou?
[20:50:58] <Drake> probably just rou in particular
[20:51:07] <Naut> designwise?
[20:51:19] <Drake> well, sprite-design-wise
[20:51:24] <Drake> Gpop looks cool
[20:51:36] <Drake> Zengar might need some hair adjustment?
[20:51:42] <Naut> kay good somebody else thinks the same
[20:51:52] <Naut> Rou looks like she's standing really awkwardly
[20:53:03] <Naut> Zengar's hair is like a yellow myon permanently under zengar's hat.
[20:53:40] <Naut> and it just whisps around "bitch I'm myon now what"
[20:54:16] <Dragoshi> :sword!: that's what
[20:54:28] <Drake> i think the color should change accoring to slaves' last picture
[20:54:40] <Drake> it was a nice golden instead of bright yellow

Upon retrospect, this should've been discussed at an earlier date.

« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »
Oh, if you're discussing the sprite, would it be okay if I got on the channel? I might have some input, but I'd feel kind of stupid barging in though :x

« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2010, 12:41:13 AM »
We're progressing pretty quickly now, at least in terms of getting stuff done on a daily basis, so if you're interested in seeing the stuff that doesn't get reported here just hop on #Ijiyatsu @ ppirc.net. And yes, you can use TSO's awesome webchat service if you're IRC incapable. You're welcome to idle and observe, you need not participate in conversation if you don't want to. I know people still think we're doing absolutely nothing, so whatever.

Please do :3

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2010, 12:57:53 AM »
I got Gpop and Zengar here and here

« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »
I am currently building your shot-type, and am using regular bullets. I deemed lasers kinda useless, since then it wouldn't matter if your options are on the top or bottom of the screen, they will still hit the same general area. Kinda destroys the gimmick in my mind. Angled shots seem to work fine, but you're welcome to change it. I'll post a beta for you to see what I'm working with soon (today).

Roukanken: pesco support shot-type analysis.

Didn't come out as expected. Defaults to 4 power for now, play it in any script. No graphic is correct, I built them using the Zengar base. Try out verion I and II, tell me which you prefer (possibly some mix of the two), or give further suggestions before I start changing everything around again. Also, lol.

« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »

Here's the 3rd eye option. Not sure if anything needs changing.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2010, 06:42:04 AM »
Attention embodiments/death fairies/non-boss peoples

I'm going to be starting on Embodiment code shortly, so it would be supergreatfuntastic if you all gave me an idea of how you wanted your danmaku to be. I'm trying to keep the Embodiment danmaku short and sweet, about the length/complexity of Mountain of Faith's nonspells. Also, please tell me what bullet type/colors you want, unless you want to end up with generic pellets. For the describing impaired, please review this, since I can't afford translators in the event of un-understandable psuedopseudocode.

Moving embodiment-related stuff to the embodiment thread so it's easier to keep track of.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:45:19 AM by Nobu Me »