Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 219919 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02
« on: February 17, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »
22 months of development, learning how to mod, edit sprites, make animations, some game dialogue writing and a dabble of sound editing results in the one and only Touhou mod for Diablo II.

Some of the skills from the vanilla game exist in the mod under new names suitable to the Touhou flavour. But many skills have been tweaked or made anew for the mod. The story has been completely redone for Gensokyo and even the NPCs look the part. Weapons, armour and various items have been remade as well.

Side areas of the world are now high level dungeons in homage to the Touhou games. The best rewards can only be found in these areas. If you play with PlugY, the mod has its own setting embedded and makes use of the pandemonium events for extra side dungeons.

Download link: Lord of Maidens v1.02
Installation: Back up the Patch_d2.mpq file in your Diablo II folder. Extract the Patch_d2.mpq from the zip to its place. Then run your game as normal.

Some notes:
- Running the game with PlugY in windowed mode may cause the game to crash and not be able to load. Playing in fullscreen or without PlugY will get around this problem.
- Don't throw away the skills info scroll that you start with. Cube it to get the Yukari Fooling Around Again (YFAA) charm. The charm provides the necessary summoning skill for use in some side areas and a skill for instantly updating bonuses from passive skills.
- Lord of Maidens is not compatible for play over Battle.net realms.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:18:50 AM by Pesco »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Finally! Gonna take a Yuuka to endgame to give it a whirl.

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »

キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Finally no more character resets!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:16:18 PM »
Yamame and Orin for life, and boy is new Cat's Walk fun.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 06:21:35 PM »
What a nice thing to wake up to =o
Pretty damn excited for this, got plenty of character types I want to try out :3

On another note, if you guys still wanted to do the whole lan partay (in hamachi or something) we should probably work out a time that everyone's awake and available. I-it's not like I'm lonely or anything.

Edit: It seems like my characters were still working, I deleted them all anyways. Also, props to whoever made the title screen, it looks amazing. Nice choice of title music as well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:27:39 PM by Tarmo »
This isn't a very clever signature...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »
Title screen courtesy of Vyrien.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
Had to go kill myself to see what the pichuuun looks like, lovin it so far :D (Were you unable to add a sound effect? Or did I just not get one somehow?)
Also one of the mob debuffs managed to drop my stats low enough to un-equip my weapon, was this intentional? I could certainly see it causing some interesting build choices, as it would sort of force us to keep a certain "safety margin" of stats if we don't want to have to go through opening up the inventory screen (maybe switching weapons works too?) every time you get hit by that debuff. If so we'd probably have to figure out the exact value of the debuffs though. T_T

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
The death sound is wonky and doesn't always play if you die with too much ambient noise around.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
What a nice thing to wake up to =o
Pretty damn excited for this, got plenty of character types I want to try out :3

On another note, if you guys still wanted to do the whole lan partay (in hamachi or something) we should probably work out a time that everyone's awake and available. I-it's not like I'm lonely or anything.

Edit: It seems like my characters were still working, I deleted them all anyways. Also, props to whoever made the title screen, it looks amazing. Nice choice of title music as well.

Sounds fun, I don't know how to use hamachi and stuff but it can't be that hard, right?

I also deleted my old characters, but I sent over a stash page of goodies before doing so :3

Also pichuun sound effect confirmed!

Immortal Momiji!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
GJ.

Though does this mean I need to get Hamachi again for danmaku archers round X?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »
Nice job Pesco. You surely have beaten me in terms of completing something you started.

I'll give it a try since you don't have to non-stop reset your chars. But what if you have to release a bugfix/patch for something that suddenly was discovered, would that affect the char?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »
Congratulations on completing the mod Pesco! :toot:

BRB getting D2 just to play this :3
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 10:50:26 PM »
I don't think there's anything I'd add that could break the saves at this stage.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 01:53:06 AM »
Loving the Pichuun death sound. [P]'s and everything. So much awesome.

Still got the same error as before. Never updated past 1.13c.
Unhandled Exception:
Access_ Violation (c0000005)
It happened on the 2nd load of the same character, and I went back and loaded it again just fine. I was dead and had logged out (because there was no way to get to my corpse). Maybe had something to do with it?

Overall, it feels very good, I like the bonus that the base skills give now. I didn't play too far just yet, (Quest for Remi) but I'm liking everything so far. I got smacked with.. I don't know. Something that wasn't poison that made my health instantly drop from max to.. may as well have been 1. This is a damage reflect debuff type thing? ..or is this a health leech thing? I get the feeling it has something to do with the buffs you gave them. I lived through it the first time, but then went back down and instantly died, like.. I don't even know what happened. Max health, max mana, I go down there and Pichuun! "Woah! Wait.. what?" Prettymuch.

So many props to the Title screen. Very cool. Also, what is the theme on it? It sounds like 13.5 but I can't seem to get any of my programs to view the data in 13.5's exe (nor can I get RAR to work with it), so the full theme from 13.5 remains a mystery to me as well. :(

Edit :
Bonus points to Stuffman for his awesome item designs. :V
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:55:17 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »
A moment of silence for the death of my social life for the next few weeks.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 07:28:17 AM »
So many props to the Title screen. Very cool. Also, what is the theme on it? It sounds like 13.5 but I can't seem to get any of my programs to view the data in 13.5's exe (nor can I get RAR to work with it), so the full theme from 13.5 remains a mystery to me as well. :(
Something tells me it's from soku, not sure though. Edit: I think there might be multiple songs in it. No clue what the first one is, but I'm pretty sure there was one from soku or swr in there, somewhere...
Bonus points to Stuffman for his awesome item designs. :V
Gotta agree with you on that one.
A moment of silence for the death of my social life for the next few weeks.
The artist itself has arrived. =o
Sounds fun, I don't know how to use hamachi and stuff but it can't be that hard, right?
It's not all that hard, however I've heard some anti-virus programs treat hamachi as spyware. I'm sure that could cause some annoyances, but it shouldn't be too bad.

As for a time for the multiplayer, we could either make it super formal and have everyone get on multiplayer at the same time or we could just leave it open to anyone who's online. I did manage to log into the teamspeak server, Pesco would there be any chance that you could requisition a LoM channel for us? Also someone would have to start one or multiple hamachi rooms. (The max number of people per room is 5, but I'm pretty sure you can connect people from multiple rooms to the same game.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:34:11 AM by Tarmo »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 07:32:22 AM »
I'll set up a Teamspeak room for LoM when I get home.

We only need 8 slots on Hamachi. Someone central should do the hosting. And everyone who joins needs to have PlugY on or all off.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 07:37:01 AM »
Amra is a coward. He fears the danmaku archers.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 07:38:57 AM »
Amra is a coward. He fears the danmaku archers.
Guess that makes me a coward too T_T
I'll set up a Teamspeak room for LoM when I get home.

We only need 8 slots on Hamachi. Someone central should do the hosting. And everyone who joins needs to have PlugY on or all off.

I'd prefer plugY on, as I would like to see the pandemonium events sometime.
I'm certainly not good for the hosting, I live waaaay over on the west side of canada.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 08:50:15 AM »
oh no it's a Diablo II mod.

the last thing I needed was an excuse to start playing D2 again DAMN YOU TO HELL okay fine I'll download it when I get home

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 09:08:58 AM »
Epic, Pesco, been waiting a long time for 1.00, congratulations on the great mod.

TIME TO DO THIS AS A MANLY LOLI MOMIJI.

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 11:07:42 AM »
I kept a tab open on your last thread for probably almost a year. Just wanted to come in and say thank you for all your hard work.

Terrabreak

• The worst thing that can happen is we all die~
  • The power of science!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 05:21:53 PM »
Found this and wanted to give it a try even thou I havent played diablo II in years. (Started with something new (brawler) since I always played rangeds)
Seems nice but im having 2 problems:

1) I dont really get how the hidden stats works. I have tried to level up my skills but the only one avaible is "Mystia", even after I got 2 items to raise the mist stat.

2) When I find a big group of enemies and click to run away, my character will keep attacking until there are no enemies in melee range and then it will run away. I dont remember having this problem when I played diablo II and its really annoying (Find 20 enemies in a corner, character refuses to escape and dies, go back for your equipment, character refuses to escape after that, repeat...)

The patch seems really nice but like I said, I havent been able to even test the skills :/

EDIT: Tried a Hina and the skills are working fine <3
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:24:28 PM by Terabureika »
Never forget.... those good old times~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 05:30:55 PM »
The problem is because you're in melee range and you have King Kraken Strike on left button. It'll lock you in place until you finish all your attacks. Other than that, it's your mouse.

Miky200

• Now until The Moment You Die.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
If somebody will be have time we can try this over Hamachi.Playing as Human Miko loling so hard on names of weapons ,potions and etc.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:17:58 PM by Miky200 »

Terrabreak

• The worst thing that can happen is we all die~
  • The power of science!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 07:51:15 PM »
PofV Cave is bugged, it takes you to the same area where you rescue "Rinnosuke" (*cof**cof* Still Deckard Cain in my book) except that it doesnt have all the flames and stuff. The place also doesnt have any enemies. :I
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:53:42 PM by Terabureika »
Never forget.... those good old times~

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 08:02:17 PM »
PofV Cave is bugged, it takes you to the same area where you rescue "Rinnosuke" (*cof**cof* Still Deckard Cain in my book) except that it doesnt have all the flames and stuff. The place also doesnt have any enemies. :I

You need the Yukari Fooling Around Again scroll to summon them.

This is not mentioned anywhere in the documentation, Pesco :V

(tbh I think the whole doc could use an overhaul, it only has flavor descriptions and not technical descriptions of skills)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »
Well yeah I realised I forgot to inculde info about YFAA. That's why I put it in the OP.

The skill descriptions in the documentation were intended to be flavour and a little descriptive. I'll take rewrites if anyone sends them to me.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
Hardmode unlocked!  :V I'm going to try playing like this with a new 1cc character later, except I'll use the contract, obviously!

I really like how most rare items spawn with a random skill proc now, you can pretty much do whatever you want in terms of hybrid builds now, given enough time to get the right items.

Also, the buffed dungeons areas are scary now! At least the
Spoiler:
suicide bullet/exploding rabbits
in IN were totally unexpected and crazy!

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »
Infinity Ring has a low level requirement so that you can pass it to a new character.