Author Topic: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 26  (Read 63878 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Daiyousei Quest - Greater Fairy: Part 26
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2017, 05:30:22 AM »
>Cast the dispel miracle, and have Hakurei look away.

>Keep preparing that immunity one, see how much it costs. If it ends up exceeding 5% and is still preparing, abort.

>Do we still feel weird?

//Going to watch SNL. Will be much less active until 12:10 AM Mountain Time. Waiting, or at least proceeding slowly, would be appreciated, since I think we'll have to debate on what to do with CP/Arranging a meeting with Hecatia, since Raf sorta went off on a tangent there and hurt our chances of meeting on good, non-violent terms...

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:10 AM »
>Cast the dispel miracle, and have Hakurei look away.

>Keep preparing that immunity one, see how much it costs. If it ends up exceeding 5% and is still preparing, abort.

>Do we still feel weird?

//Going to watch SNL. Will be much less active until 12:10 AM Mountain Time. Waiting, or at least proceeding slowly, would be appreciated, since I think we'll have to debate on what to do with CP/Arranging a meeting with Hecatia, since Raf sorta went off on a tangent there and hurt our chances of meeting on good, non-violent terms...
> You perform the first miracle and have the manifestation there avert her eyes.
> It has already gone past 5%.
> You stop.
> You don't feel weird anymore.

> "'N Master's the goddess of all of 'em." Clownpiece chews.
>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2017, 05:36:42 AM »
//Why in the everliving fuck would you just egg her on like that, Raf?! And why are you so hellbent on fighting Hecatia. You know we don't like fighting...

//Are you really that surprised? Like, what about his style of play suggests to you that he ever takes anyone else's thoughts and feelings, player or NPC, into account when doing anything?

//I don't trust that miracle to have actually worked, so I'mma just head off to bed.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2017, 05:40:43 AM »
//Was trying to pull some psychology move, sorry, and Kilga, stop that shit already.

Prime (Hakurei):

>"Oh, that's cool, also, looks like you passed the test !"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:44:18 AM by Starlighthawk »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2017, 05:43:55 AM »
//I don't trust it either...

//Since practically no other dais have acted since Clownpiece was egged into torching us, a retcon is still an option, if we must do so... if only to actually continue the game without telling all Dais to idle for 24 hours...

//with that said, anyone who is in favor of retconning back to the  pre-torching speak out now...

>Wait for replies from all players.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2017, 05:45:02 AM »
//I go with what the majority goes for, either way is fine to me.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #306 on: January 22, 2017, 05:51:07 AM »
> You don't think so...
> "Uh..."
> "It's from the liquid in you." Aya says. "Maybe. So when will the bathroom thing wear off?"
> "I was gonna go and wait for it..." Momiji says.> You enter and lie back down.
> Good.

> You sit up.
> Seiga yawns, starting to stretch, but stopping.
> "Oh yea..." She says quietly.> "Okay. Which building?" Flora asks.> You warp the candy to you.
> "Master's a better goddess than you." Clownpiece points her torch at you. "You're just trying to set her in a trap or something."
>_
//By the way, if we decide to retcon, this post (291) would be the optimal point to retcon to. Since almost every subsequent post had been for Hakurei. And since the other posts for HamiDai and the others are completely unrelated, they can still be parsed to the same outcome while we take Clownpiece events in a.... much more favorable direction.

//And I was going with majority too, but we can't have 2 out of three (or four of Tashi decides to join) doing that. So I'm voting in favor of the retcon.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:12:59 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2017, 05:58:45 AM »
//Sounds good to me, i actually thought a bit, we don't need to go straight to where Hecatia is, just to a raandom point in hell, since she is a goddess of the same kind as Shinki and us according to Clowny.

//I also have dialogue ideas to fix up the situation  too.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2017, 06:04:07 AM »
//Now all we need to do is wait for Kilga and possibly Tashi to say their thoughts. And then tell the parser what to do...

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2017, 07:25:39 AM »
//I don't trust it either...

//Since practically no other dais have acted since Clownpiece was egged into torching us, a retcon is still an option, if we must do so... if only to actually continue the game without telling all Dais to idle for 24 hours...

//with that said, anyone who is in favor of retconning back to the  pre-torching speak out now...

>Wait for replies from all players.
//Other things have been mistakes on my part or your guys's parts, but this is literally "Oops, I don't like the outcome... If everyone agrees, undo this action   please." Action against it could've been taken as early as here, but it was ignored. If you want to prevent a possible problem, don't just ignore everything that doesn't involve you. If you want to undo an unfavorable event (Compared to a miscommunication between parser & player, or player attempting to ruin the game), find a way ingame, not out of it.

Unless you find reason to claim that it was a deliberate attempt to ruin things, settle things in game or head off to bed and hope things fix themselves in game later. Of course, if everyone just chooses the latter and decides to lay low, things won't fix themselves and will die out, resulting in 'death by overreaction', to put it simply.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
Action against it could've been taken as early as here, but it was ignored.
//Well, some of us have work, school, or college classes, AND sleep, and we literally cannot stop a problem when we notice it. For instance, if I didn't have work today I would've been able to take action against it. I was not ignoring it, I just literally couldn't respond to it. How do you expect us to take action at times where we literally cannot do so?

//As for Kilga, him ignoring it shouldn't count, since him ignoring almost everything outside of his Dais unless either something game-changing already happened and it's causing game-wide panic, or he's pissed that one of us so much as breathed on his affairs without advance notice has been shown countless times to be the norm here. We really cannot rely on him to countermand any action that either doesn't fall into either of those cases or isn't intentionally malicious.

//Also let's not forget that you've undone an outcome by majority/unanimous vote before that fell under "someone did something at a time where nobody else could countermand it and almost everyone agreed to do it" before... (The Ruukoto grope thing.) Which was neither a miscommunication nor a game ruining action.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:23:25 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »
//Well, some of us have work, school, or college classes, AND sleep, and we literally cannot stop a problem when we notice it. For instance, if I didn't have work today I would've been able to take action against it. I was not ignoring it, I just literally couldn't respond to it. How do you expect us to take action at times where we literally cannot do so?

//As for Kilga, him ignoring it shouldn't count, since him ignoring almost everything outside of his Dais unless either something game-changing already happened and it's causing game-wide panic, or he's pissed that one of us so much as breathed on his affairs without advance notice has been shown countless times to be the norm here. We really cannot rely on him to countermand any action that either doesn't fall into either of those cases or isn't intentionally malicious.

//Also let's not forget that you've undone an outcome by majority/unanimous vote before that fell under "someone did something at a time where nobody else could countermand it and almost everyone agreed to do it" before... (The Ruukoto grope thing.) Which was neither a miscommunication nor a game ruining action.
//If it will satisfy your continuous, consistent retconning ways, the possibility stands for this.
>_
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:27:57 AM by Miniking »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
//If it will satisfy your continuous, consistent retconning ways, the possibility stands.
//For the record, I'm not a selfish, retcon-hungry dick, if that's what you're implying...

//I honestly try to avoid it most of the time and tend to limit it to miscommunications... Outside of those, I don't explicitly demand it, I merely open it up as a possibility to the playerbase and only as a vote...

//Hence, why, in non-miscommunication cases, I only say to do it if there's almost unanimous agreement from the playerbase, and I would never suggest it if things progress too far past the point in question. (Which would be when events outside of the Dais involved are directly influenced by the event in question, too much in-game time passes, or too many posts involving Dais outside those involved accumulate.)

//It's merely coincidental that it's happened so much in a short time span to make you think of me that way... I guess I just drew the short straw...

//Anyway, I'm going to head off to sleep now...

//Also, if you or any of the other players hate me, (Besides Kilga, because I'm pretty sure he already doesn't like me to an extent, considering how often we've butted heads in this game...) be honest... I won't be angry with whatever you say... I just feel that the overall opinion of me is negative, and merely want confirmation...:( (Also please do not mistake this as a ploy for attention, I'm NOT one of THOSE people... Nor do I want anyone to ever THINK of me that way... I tried my best to not sound like one, but just in case (and since I really need some sleep) I'm slapping this disclaimer here...)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:47:46 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2017, 10:02:15 AM »
//For the record, I'm not a selfish, retcon-hungry dick, if that's what you're implying...

//I honestly try to avoid it most of the time and tend to limit it to miscommunications... Outside of those, I don't explicitly demand it, I merely open it up as a possibility to the playerbase and only as a vote...

//Hence, why, in non-miscommunication cases, I only say to do it if there's almost unanimous agreement from the playerbase, and I would never suggest it if things progress too far past the point in question. (Which would be when events outside of the Dais involved are directly influenced by the event in question, too much in-game time passes, or too many posts involving Dais outside those involved accumulate.)

//It's merely coincidental that it's happened so much in a short time span to make you think of me that way... I guess I just drew the short straw...

//Anyway, I'm going to head off to sleep now...

//Also, if you or any of the other players hate me, (Besides Kilga, because I'm pretty sure he already doesn't like me to an extent, considering how often we've butted heads in this game...) be honest... I won't be angry with whatever you say... I just feel that the overall opinion of me is negative, and merely want confirmation...:(

//I wanted to leave a bunch more stuff typed here, but I didn't. Please note the feelings of other players and the parser, and try seeing things from their perspectives. For all of you.
For the record, each of you do different things that infuriate me, but the good usually outweighs the bad (Probably save for Tashi, whom hasn't been here long enough to become tainted by certain things...)
>_
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:05:29 AM by Miniking »

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »

//Also, if you or any of the other players hate me, (Besides Kilga, because I'm pretty sure he already doesn't like me to an extent, considering how often we've butted heads in this game...) be honest... I won't be angry with whatever you say... I just feel that the overall opinion of me is negative, and merely want confirmation...:( (Also please do not mistake this as a ploy for attention, I'm NOT one of THOSE people... Nor do I want anyone to ever THINK of me that way... I tried my best to not sound like one, but just in case (and since I really need some sleep) I'm slapping this disclaimer here...)

//I dunno what you are talking about. ???

//Really i see no reason to hate any of you in all of this game.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
I have a fair amount I've been mulling over and not nearly enough time to write about all of it right now. The long and short of it is that I don't think there should be a retcon for a variety of reasons, and all of my misgivings about voting that way are self-serving social ones that are purely a result of the current climate.

If people want more discussion about the issue, I'd be happy to have it, but it'll be several more hours before I can actually engage. If we're looking to just move forward, there's my vote; do with it what you will.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »
//Who summoned me?! (?)

(Probably save for Tashi, whom hasn't been here long enough to become tainted by certain things...)

//The Taint...

//Jokes aside...
I don't really feel A-Okay with a retconning. The main reason being that I don't like the fact that problems in the games are resolved by external sources, such as "Delete this because it can destroy our relationship with X character!" OR "Delete this because I don't like it." I mean... c'mon... this things are what makes a game fun! The resolution of problems, and the subsequent prizes for doing it right! (And yes, it will always be any: not letting the bad things!)
But, as all of you have noticed by now (just check out how long this quest is) is that there are sometimes that things get... UGH!
No, I'm not pointing to in-game things. You all know what exactly what I'm talking about: the World Wars between the players.
As a bystander (because I didn't participated in this quest enough to consider myself a player from it, nor to get the feel of being pissed off from the disasters that happened here and there in the quest.) I can feel how things start to get heated up with the discussions about "why you took this action" and such. Nevertheless, this can help players to find a peaceful resolution for the problems, and that's nice! I just feel that it gets... a bit too much carried away. Yet I don't think this is enough to HATE other users. (Of course, if they don't do bad commands on purpose.)
And of course, I understand that, for example, if "X" player is out for 2 days, when she/he returns after 2 days to participate in the quest, she/he finds that there's half of the world that they worked so hard to develop destroyed by commands of other player. I know, it just sounds infuriating. Again, as a rational thought, this can never get a player to hate another. (AND AGAIN, only if the player that made the destruction didn't do it on purpose.)

//As for the retconning... I think I made it clear. I don't like things to get a resolution from out of nowhere. If I'm going to do a command, I must think how much it will impact negatively or positively in the game, and then structure it to work in a positive way. You did a good command? Congratulations! You did a bad command? Brace the consequences. You want to resolve it? Let's go!

//In the end, I will do what Kilga's. Do what you think it's the best thing, yet my opinion has being stated.
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
//Then looks like "No Retconning" is the way to go.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #318 on: January 22, 2017, 03:37:28 PM »
//Well, let's wait for Naz first before finalizing that. As much as it is the result I prefer, I don't want to bull-rush it through while he's not around.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #319 on: January 22, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »
//Of course o7.

//BTW, how long do you thing this will go until it reaches an state good enough to end the quest ?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »
I don't want to bull-rush it through while he's not around.
//Thank you.

//I honestly only voted in favor of it because we couldn't have two players basing their decisions off the majority. (Since we only ever have 3-4 players in here...) So I'm fine with dropping the retcon. Again, I only opened it up as a possibility.

//Now, I'd like to see how any of you would propose how to fix Raf (Unintentionally) screwing over our chances to meet with Hecatia on friendly terms, possibly hurting our relationship with Clownpiece, and pretty much condemning all Dais from doing nothing but idling or talking for the next 24 hours, since both me and Kilga don't trust that the miracle worked in our current mental state.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #321 on: January 22, 2017, 04:53:49 PM »
//BTW, how long do you thing this will go until it reaches an state good enough to end the quest ?
//Not sure, but I'd prefer to end it on a happy note...
//Maybe getting married to Koa and Cirno would be a good endgame?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »
//Still not in a good position to write much, but the short answer is that I consider solving the current problem to be Raf's responsibility alone, and that other players fixing it for him is no different from voting for a retcon.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2017, 05:20:19 PM »
//I personally think that, even if other player screwed something up, he/she shouldn't be left alone. If any of you have ideas on how to solve this, then post it. I don't have any solution, maybe because I didn't thought too much about it. If the same goes for Raf, then we leave the matter of Hakurei forgotten? I don't think that's orthodox...

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »
//I do not mind solving it alone, it is my responsibility after all, handing it over to someone else would feel like i am outsourcing my job.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »
//The matter can't be simply forgotten because it has affected the entire collective.

//I will assist in carrying out a solution, but I will do no more than assist. I do not have the time, energy, or inclination to conjure up and/or spearhead a plan to fix it.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2017, 05:34:25 PM »
//Don't worry. I'm aware of it.

//Count me in if anyone needs help with anything.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2017, 05:35:10 PM »
//That is more than fine with me.

//Also, we must remember that the collective it affected were the Prime Manifestations, not the Koa or Flan Clones, so those are still A-Ok.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2017, 05:52:40 PM »
//only one way to know for sure.

Koa and Flan clones:
>Did we feel it?

Secunde, Diana, Alt2:
>What about us?

//Will be at work for the next 9-10 hours. Please try not to get too far ahead if you resolve the issue before I get back.

//Will probably pop in on my lunch break.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2017, 09:21:32 PM »
//Of course o7.

//only one way to know for sure.

Koa and Flan clones:
>Did we feel it?

Secunde, Diana, Alt2:
>What about us?

//Will be at work for the next 9-10 hours. Please try not to get too far ahead if you resolve the issue before I get back.

//Will probably pop in on my lunch break.
> Concerning the weirdness, yes. The miracle, yes.

> Neither the weirdness nor the miracle was felt.
>_