Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222508 times)

When you keep naming your female/gender neutral pokemon after Touhous.

Seriously, all of the female Inkay I catch are named Seija. I have an Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres named Letty, Raiko, and Mokou (respectively), Garchomp named Tokiko (don't ask), Honchkrow named Okuu, Krookodile named Anastasis (don't care if not from a canon game), Dragonite named Meiling, Shiftry named Hatate, Nidoqueen named Sukuna, Huntail named Iku, and Metagross named Nue. I think I have a few more but I can't remember right now.

I have a Kyurem named Yukari.  I saw it was called the Border Pokemon and couldn't resist...

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
I have a Spearow named Mystia.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
I have a Spearow named Mystia.

I wrote a crossover fic between the Colosseum universe and Touhou. You can find a link in the footer!
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
These trumpets sound like ZUNpets. These too.

Glass Menagerie sounds like the name of a Touhou song.

In Yoshi's Woolly World, the health bars of the Yoshis are circular and surround them, like the health bars of the Touhou bosses in TD, DDC, and ISC. However, they fill up clockwise instead of counterclockwise.

I was watching a Tales of Destiny LP (because I am on a retro games kick).  Literally screamed out something about Marisa when Rutee was having one of her thievery moments.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
I was speaking with a friend yesterday and at some point he tells me about another person he knows that have heterochromia....

I had to restrain myself from screaming "KOGASA!" out of the blue :D (not helped by the fact that i am on a binge-reading of both "Hang in there Kogasa san/chan")
My friend looked at me oddly and asked "Why are you smiling like a loon?"  :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
When you get a bit giddy over formally learning how to write 厄 in a Heisig lesson.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Playing other bullet-hell style games and wishing there was a focus button that isn't being used for a gimmick (or just focused movement in general).

This tends to happen to me after long periods of playing Touhou and I decide to go to another game in the genre like Shikigami no Shiro II.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
When you read BBSS as "Battleship submarine".

When the first thing you do after wake up is: Go to Danbooru, search Touhou, and scream like hell when find out that your favorite 4koma serie has been uploaded, and then scream like hell, again ... when find out that it hasn't been translated (Since you don't know Japanese)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
You know when you're addicted to Touhou when you make fangames and animations, of course.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:15:53 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
You know when you're addicted to Touhou when you make fangames and animations, of course.
I want to make fan-games too.

When your hands immediately reach for the arrow and Shift/Z/X buttons when you should be focused on learning  C#.

Programming lessons aren't going well  :V

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
When your first Arduino project is a manual version of a spellcard history. Made it because I practice by doing 5 captures and frequently forget what I'm on.

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
When something you need to learn for history is the "Line of Demarcation" and Rumia's spellcard IMMEDIATELY popped into mind.
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »
When you're comparing your friends to Touhou characters.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Pirated

• Fairy of Average Intelljence
  • Touhou... that's an anime, right?
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:51 PM »
When you stop using emojis and start using characters' faces

1cc N: PoDD, LLS, MS, PoFV
1cc H: You're joking, right?

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #587 on: September 06, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »
When you discover Puzzle and Dragons aaaaand:

1) before knowing Touhou you would have aimed for a team of badasses like Zeus, Ares, Gold Saints etc....

2) now, all you can think of is: "Bastet, Bastet, Bastet...."

True story, this is me  :V (too bad atm i can't even start play... mobile older than dirt and living in Spain isn't a good combo)

Keegster2

• Green shroom
  • The guy that was dead for like 5 years
« Reply #588 on: September 10, 2014, 01:40:27 AM »
Since today happens to be Cirno Day, I decided to celebrate it on Steam. I changed my avatar to Cirno, my name to "Cirno-chan The Strong" and added "HAPPY CIRNO DAY GUYS" to my summary.
Later that day, I found one of my friends on TF2 taking song requests and playing them. I decided to join the server he was on and tell him to play a Cirno song to celebrate this occasion. I managed to get him to play both Cirno's Perfect Math Class and Chirumiru. I then said "HAPPY CIRNO DAY EVERYONE" before leaving the server.
Also, I'm pretty sure that none of my friends on Steam have any idea what Touhou is. And yet I got him to play those songs.
Today has been the best Cirno Day ever.
"I'll give you old-timey, you mountebank!"

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #589 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »
Since today happens to be Cirno Day, I decided to celebrate it on Steam. I changed my avatar to Cirno, my name to "Cirno-chan The Strong" and added "HAPPY CIRNO DAY GUYS" to my summary.
Later that day, I found one of my friends on TF2 taking song requests and playing them. I decided to join the server he was on and tell him to play a Cirno song to celebrate this occasion. I managed to get him to play both Cirno's Perfect Math Class and Chirumiru. I then said "HAPPY CIRNO DAY EVERYONE" before leaving the server.
Also, I'm pretty sure that none of my friends on Steam have any idea what Touhou is. And yet I got him to play those songs.
Today has been the best Cirno Day ever.

WELL LUCKY YOU.

Everything went to stupid on Cirno Day for me. My phone screen broke, my retainers didn't fit, my internet derped, I came down sick with a whopper of a cold...it SUCKS. IT. SUCKS. My point is that you may have had best day ever...but I had the worst. I think I cursed the ice fairy's name 20 times yesterday, Yukari another 5, and my point is? That I don't even want to talk about Cirno Day atm.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
« Reply #590 on: September 10, 2014, 09:31:23 PM »
When you're really upset that you forgot yesterday was Cirno day  :qq:

EDIT:
Never mind! :D
I misspelled my name when I typed it on the concussion exam!
(Justi)
I am actually thrilled right now.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:17:47 PM by Justin »
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #591 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:55 PM »
When you forget yesterday was Cirno Day, but don't mind because there wasn't much you could do to celebrate.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #592 on: September 10, 2014, 11:19:04 PM »
It's the mid-autumn season, so I drew myself Kaguya.
Cirno can wait! :V

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #593 on: September 11, 2014, 12:43:47 AM »
Yesterday I uploaded a video in celebration of Cirno Day.

If that isn't a way you know you're addicted to Touhou, I don't know what is... (also when almost every single youtube video you have contains touhou in some way...)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2014, 01:08:03 AM »
I'm playing a god game where you have to build houses to get your population up.

There are red bubbles that you collect called "Belief." I keep calling them "Faith"....
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

98digger

• The Master of 9801
  • What? Windows? What's that?
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #595 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »
When you spend all night reading the original "You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When..." thread on Wayback Machine: (Below is first ever reply to this type of thread)

Quote from Rukaroa on April 29, 2007, 12:53:04 PM
(picking up from the image board threads)

...you settle disputes with PoFV or IaMP matches.

Also, when you start drawing comparisons between recent replies and replies made in the distant past...

Quote from Lem_Gambino on April 29, 2007, 01:36:40 PM ?

...You see danmaku when you close your eyes.

When the Tetris Effect finally happens to you, and you see Danmaku when you close your eyes (more specifically, Chen Danmaku).

*Yes, I visit wayback machine a lot (usually for retro-computing related info). There, it is still 1997 and the PC-9821 series is still around...* :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:08:58 AM by 98digger »

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #596 on: September 19, 2014, 04:00:14 AM »
When anytime you see something that talks about Youkai you automatically try and connect it to touhou characters.

When the beginning of fall or winter you think of Letty or the Aki sisters are at work, then you realized that touhou has become an obsession and not an addiction... *sigh*
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #597 on: September 19, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
When anytime you see something that talks about Youkai you automatically try and connect it to touhou characters.

> Me in the middle of Dual Destinies

BB

• Typewriter Youkai
« Reply #598 on: September 19, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »
When the beginning of fall or winter you think of Letty or the Aki sisters are at work, then you realized that touhou has become an obsession and not an addiction... *sigh*

There is a cherry tree outside my house, and in the Spring... well, I know it's probably safe, but I still try not to get too distracted by the blossoms. Just in case.

Speaking of Spring, I never paid such close attention to the date it starts before I was a fan. I'm celebrating with you, Lily!~
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 08:39:49 PM by BB »
Touhou fan since 2008.

Faves quicklist:
Yukari - Byakuren - Lily White - PCB - UFO - Necrofantasia - Cosmic Mind - Shining Needle - not into the fighters - not into score play - enjoy storytelling and theorycraft

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #599 on: September 19, 2014, 11:38:49 PM »
This is why I want a field guide on yokai.