Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221770 times)

FlareDragon

• Gensokyo's Infernal Hellstorm
  • When will you come to Gensokyo, Satsuki Rin?
You know you're addicted to 東方 when:
-You have played all the games numerous times
-You have all the OST's on your computer (and tablet)
-The music is often rampant in your head (I regularly tap them out and hum/whistle them)
-You read half-way through the thread and walk around, purposefully trying to find things that make you think of Touhou just to post here XD
Normal 1CC's: SoEW, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, GFW, TD, HM, DDC, ULiL, LoLK(PD), CtC |IaMP|
Hard 1CC's: EoSD, PCB, MoF, IN(B), TD, LoLK(PD), |???|
Lunatic 1CC's: None
Extra 1CC's: SoEW, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF(NB), SA, UFO, GFW, TD, DDC, CtC, LoLK, |???|

Fuyuumi

• A fairy pichuu'ed me.
You know you're addicted to 東方 when:
-You have played all the games numerous times
-You have all the OST's on your computer (and tablet)
-The music is often rampant in your head (I regularly tap them out and hum/whistle them)
-You read half-way through the thread and walk around, purposefully trying to find things that make you think of Touhou just to post here XD
And you use Touhou related quotes while playing other games too.

Monkeypro257

I remember every dialogue before and after a boss battle 6-14! (It's not weird it's a mandatory thing for me. ;_;)

I think this is the number one sign that you're addicted. Every time I start a sentence with "Hey, guess what?" or "I found this out recently," my friends interrupt me and say "This had better not be anything about Touhou. If it is, don't say it."

It's created more occasions than I can count where I never finish that sentence.
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

Snakebite969

• Caution
  • Touhou + Physics = Explainable danmaku
When you're in physics, and you make an attempt to calculate the deceleration of Reisen's danmaku bullet if it hits [insert team/single character from touhou 8 here] at a range of about 50m.

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRAJECTORY OF THE SHOT, OR IT'S VELOCITY AT THE MAXIMUM POINT  :ohdear:
This looks like a non-constant deceleration anyway, so I'd need an equation, and then I could integrate it
WAIT WHY AM I EVEN CONSIDERING FINDING THE EQUATION?!
Goal: 1cc touhou 11 normal
Goal 2: beat any extra stage

You get super excited when you're looking at your current fandom on pixiv, and find a Touhou crossover or parody of it.  Even though Touhou has crossed over with so many things.

Snakebite969

• Caution
When you're fighting the moonlight butterfly on Dark Souls and you name its moves
"Persuasion Needle", "Homing Amulet" and "Master Spark"

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRAJECTORY OF THE SHOT, OR IT'S VELOCITY AT THE MAXIMUM POINT

While I haven't figured out exactly how fast they're moving, I can help you a bit here. I've figured out by comparing Yukari's train in SWR to real life trains that she uses a R33 Mainline subway car as a weapon. This fits in with the timeline, as these cars were no longer in use when this game takes place, so it makes sense it would be broken up. Taking pixel measurements, I know that each pixel equates to .72 inches or 1.82 centimeters. I wouldn't use this for the backgrounds, but to figure out how many Reimus a stage is long, then record a video of one bullet moving, and then find its rate per second or MPH or KPH. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm using all this information to find which Soku character is the most lethal. My money is on Okuu due to radiation and intense heat. But Sakuya is a good contender, with her knives being around 3 feet long and 2-3 times more heavy than a medieval claymore. Cirno, ironically, might be the most deadly, too, with her being able to freeze air ("Injects a great amount of cold air at her feet and creates large frost pillars that thrust her opponent into the sky"), which my research has shown the freezing point of air being around absolute zero. I might post my findings on another thread, if anyone would be interested.

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
Not quite as... scientific..., but today we had a fundraiser on campus, and my group of friends went out there with some TV's to play games -- I was asked to bring my computer to play 12.3
Anyways, at some point I started talking with my friends about the series in general and someone walked up with a sno-cone. Naturally, I mentioned how in Oriental Sacred Place Cirno tries to sell water flavored shaved ice, and wonders why sales are so bad. They thought it was pretty funny

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
You know you're addicted when you have eight Touhou-related tabs open in firefox (seven of them are these forums.)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
You know you're addicted when you have eight Touhou-related tabs open in firefox (seven of them are these forums.)

3 tabs of forums, 3 facebook of my RP account, several fanfictions in progress in Google Drive.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

I saw a book at the store called "Rise of the Nine."  Immediately, I thought of Cirno.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
I saw a book at the store called "Rise of the Nine."  Immediately, I thought of Cirno.

...You sure it wasn't "The Rise of Nine?" Sounds like part of the "I Am Number Four" series.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Dunno.  I only saw it for a moment since I was busy.  And I had another important thing I needed to remember so I could only get a glimpse.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Dunno.  I only saw it for a moment since I was busy.  And I had another important thing I needed to remember so I could only get a glimpse.

Do any of these jog your memory?

Yeah, that's the book I saw.  Still had a laughing thought of Cirno because...nine.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
That last book cover makes me think of Utsuho because fire/large explosions/sun + crows

That last book cover makes me think of Utsuho because fire/large explosions/sun + crows

Should have been titled 'Rise of Six'!

(Awful joke. I'm sorry.)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Should have been titled 'Rise of Six'!

(Awful joke. I'm sorry.)

Yeah... About that...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
*Book title is "The Power of Six"*
*Book cover has a blue pattern that resembles a 9*

Seems Legit!
(Perhaps they should've swapped those two covers xD)

(Also, CIRNO PREVAILS OVER THE TREACHEROUS SIXBALL YET AGAIN!)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:15:39 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
When you need one more monster to finish up a custom YGO archetype based on time, and this happens.  Not on accident, either.

Snakebite969

• Caution
When, again in physics, you begin wondering how one could figure out the temperature of Utsuho's... Sun attack?
 λmax/b=T, where b is Wiens constant, which is about 2,9x10-3 mK
From this point, I can go no further as I don't have  λmax
 :fail:

EDIT: So typical gamma radiation has about 10 picometres wavelength, about 1x10-11m
Now I can work out, using wolfram because laziness, that the temperature of Utsuho's attack is about 3.44 x10 -9K
HANG ON THATS ABOUT ABSOLUTE ZERO... She's not Cirno... I've done something wrong here...
Edit #2:
What did I do wrong???
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:03:48 PM by Snakebite969 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you make yet another Touhou-Related SFM Animation.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
Whenever there is an insanely large group of people and I'm by myself I always feel like I'm grazing an intricate bullet pattern. Also various Touhou songs (both official and fanmade) get stuck in my head all day. Every day.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Also various Touhou songs (both official and fanmade) get stuck in my head all day. Every day.

Same. Must be because of the whistling and listening (everyday for around two hours).
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
Last night my friend and I started coming up with Touhou related pick up lines using game titles, character titles, and locations.
It was actually pretty funny.

E: Context: So I was driving home from a chiptune concert and talking with my friends about the two or three Touhou songs they played, and how that artist would be there at the next one in a couple of months. Then the conversation went in this kind of direction:

Adam   "Steven, with how into Touhou you are, I'm surprised that when you walk into a room, the first thing you say isn't To-ho-hou, what do we have here?"
Me   "Because that's ridiculous Adam, that wouldn't just embarrass me from being seen in public with the fictional girlfriend Alex thinks I have"
Alex   "You're not going to let that go, are you? You just seemed like the kind of person who was into shy girls, and had a girlfriend who was also into Touhou that didn't come out to events, and that Stan and Alex (different Alex) and maybe two other people had actually met her"
Me   "Not quite, although that girl dressed as Yukari at my panel was pretty cute" (Side note -- I had my own Touhou fan panel)
Adam   "Why didn't you talk to her more? You should have gotten her number"
Alex   "Yeah you two could have talked Touhou"
Me   "And what would I have said? Excuse me, miss Yukari? Can I ask you to be my partner for this Imperishable Night?"
Adam   "HOW DID YOU NOT GET HER NUMBER"

We then spent the rest of the ride home coming up with others, and I briefly considered making a MotK thread on the topic
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:13:16 PM by SIRookie »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
This comic took on a different meaning for me...

When you're fighting the moonlight butterfly on Dark Souls and you name its moves
"Persuasion Needle", "Homing Amulet" and "Master Spark"

Exactly what I did too... It pretty much shows you how dangerous it would be to get in a fight with Marisa or Reimu in Gensokyo if you were ground-bound. Also couldn't help but hear the voice mod from the fighting game yelling "MAASTAAH SPAAAAAAHK!" <You Died> each time.

Also you know you've played Touhou a little too much when you often tell yourself about different events "This can't be too bad, I mean, I've played Touhou..." minor aggravations during the day seem to be pretty insignificant. I ran my foot into a chair and broke a toenail off and realized it was easier than playing Touhou.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Two plushies, a wall scroll... some SEVENTY-ODD printouts of Touhou carpeting my walls, including some hidden in my closet.

Snakebite969

• Caution
When you want to relate something to Touhou, yet realize that it doesn't relate at all, in any way.

Trying to classify a species is gonna be pretty tough if the species looks human...
Homo felis? For chen? Honestly, I have no idea. Chen just breaks through 2 genera.