Author Topic: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth  (Read 203231 times)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Re: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »
I was interested in joining the first time I heard about it but I'm not too sure how to join.

You can sign up here! Just pop onto IRC when the day comes to play. If there's enough people, I'll divide by country, but that needs 8 players from EU / US each at a minimum.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

TheTeff007

• Best Touhou 2015!
  • So much cuteness...!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2013, 08:02:22 PM »
Which day the tournament is going to be hosted?

Also, I'm free today, so anybody care for a match? I don't know how to use the Vs. Network function ....
Small Teaser of my upcoming project~

No need to call me Teff007. Teff will do just as well~

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »
You can sign up here! Just pop onto IRC when the day comes to play. If there's enough people, I'll divide by country, but that needs 8 players from EU / US each at a minimum.

Alright, I'll be joining. 21st of July right?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »
Alright, I'll be joining. 21st of July right?

Yep, the 21st!

EDIT: People are welcome to join #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for matchmaking and such if they wish. Currently we don't have that many people playing HM at the moment, so it'd be good to see a few more pop in!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:22:49 PM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2013, 09:03:26 PM »
Since it's the Help section, I have a dumb question: how do you find the replay folder in Hopeless Masquerade? I went in ApplicationData and found nothing, I searched a replay name in my whole C:/ and still nothing. The game sure attests I have replays as I can see them in the replay menu in the game.

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2013, 11:56:16 PM »
Mine's in the HM folder itself.

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:05 AM »
Since it's the Help section, I have a dumb question: how do you find the replay folder in Hopeless Masquerade? I went in ApplicationData and found nothing, I searched a replay name in my whole C:/ and still nothing. The game sure attests I have replays as I can see them in the replay menu in the game.

I wanted to edit, but I just found it, it's in C:/game/tasofro.

But now, there is another problem, I downloaded a replay, but when I put it in the replay folder, it appears in the replay menu in the game, BUT the name of the replay appears in grey and there is a japanese question I don't understand, there is two options, the first one doesn't do anything when I click on it, the second obviously ask if I want to delete the replay. So how can I watch it?

edit: It didn't work because I had V1.02, the replay was recorded on V1.03b, so it only works on this version, well, I solved those problems myself, I'm happy, sorry for the inconvience.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:49:00 AM by Mirage »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2013, 04:52:11 AM »
I still need to set up my own network. Anyone can help me or link me to some tutorials?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2013, 06:08:38 AM »
I still need to set up my own network. Anyone can help me or link me to some tutorials?
Have you tried using Hamachi?

It always works for me with that

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2013, 08:46:24 AM »

You can also try port forwarding. It's how I was able to host matches with my friend. Tutorials and tools can be found here http://portforward.com/

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
1.04 released.

Looks to be more balance changes and bug fixes, and maybe the addition of some sort of global reversal mechanic?  Google translate tells no lies.

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2013, 01:15:41 PM »
>Patch 1.04
WHERE IS MY KOKORO?! Seriously, why they are not releasing her?

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

I'm an idiot, forgot to actually link the damn bracket! http://sokumaidens.challonge.com/hm

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2013, 01:52:58 PM »
This is an emergency balance fix, and not the big Kokoro patch they are working on.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
This is an emergency balance fix, and not the big Kokoro patch they are working on.
And what is actually changed with this patch? I haven't noticed any changes (vecause I haven't encountered any bugs except one with glitchy music). Btw, I hope they fixed bug with music.

cuc

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
Judging from the patch history, they may have fixed 1.03's bugs.

Main balance changes according to blog post (don't have time to play the game, could be inaccurate):

The active dash ability of the broom has been removed (temporarily). Apparently it's widely considered gamebreaking in Japan.

As a stunned player was in too much disadvantage, reversal options have been added.

Since the defending player has more options now, Force Shield has been nerfed.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2013, 04:31:15 PM »
<システム>
   ・ステージとBGMのランダムセレクトの不具合修正
   ・立ちスタンの最後を各種行動でキャンセル可能にしました
   ・ネットワーク対戦中にESCキーでキャラクターセレクトへ戻れるようにしました

<アイテム>
   ・魔女の箒の使い捨てダッシュ機能がなくなりました
   ・フォースシールド使用時のダメージ減衰効果を低下させました

<博麗霊夢>
   ・陰陽弾をグレイズできないことがある不具合を修正

<聖白蓮>
   ・ラストワードでKOした際の演出不具合を修正
   ・前ダッシュに被弾判定が不正にせり出す瞬間があった不具合を修正
   ・長距離前ダッシュの停止時にグレイズが短時間持続するよう調整
   ・短距離バックダッシュの停止モーションをガード可能に修正

<物部布都>
   ・ラストワードの地上炎上部分に不正な相殺判定が生じていた不具合を修正

<豊聡耳神子>
   ・バックダッシュの停止モーションをガード可能に修正
   ・X射撃に向きでの性能差があった不具合を修正

<河城にとり>
   ・前ダッシュの停止時にグレイズが短時間持続するよう調整

<二ッ岩マミゾウ>
   ・バックダッシュの停止モーションをガード可能に修正
   ・チキンガード性能が変更されていなかった不具合を修正
   ・分福熱湯風呂を出した後に被弾すると手下を消耗した不具合を修正
   ・前ダッシュの停止時にグレイズが短時間持続するよう調整
   ・X射撃の視認性改善
   ・鳥獣琵琶法師の視認性改善

<System>
Fixed a bug related to Random Select of Stages and BGMs.
You can now cancel into various actions after getting stunned in a standing position. I don't have anyone who can play against me, so I don't know how it exactly works.
You can now return to the Character Select screen if you press Esc during Network matches

<Items>
You can't use the 'Broom' item as a one-time use. For now.
Reduced damage reduction of the 'Force Field' item. (i.e. It was nerfed)

<Hakurei Reimu>
Fixed a bug where Ying Yang Orbs were sometimes ungrazable.

<Hijiri Byakuren>
Fixed a bug where KOing with Byakuren's Last Word will cause, well, problems. (Too lazy to find good enough English for this)
Fixed a bug where the location of the hitbox was incorrect for a moment while dashing forward.
Byakuren now has slightly extended graze frames after long-distance dashing. (Holding until a blue burst appears.)
Byakuren can guard while doing the 'stop backdash' motion.

<Mononobe no Futo>
Fixed a bug where the 'ground fire' effect in Futo's Last Word had a canceling hitbox.

<Toyosatomimi no Miko>
Miko can guard while doing the 'stop backdash' motion.
Fixed a bug where Miko's X projectile had different properties depending on direction. (By properties, it could be something as simple as damage)

<Kawashiro Nitori>
Nitori now has slightly extended graze frames after dashing forward.

<Futatsuiwa Mamizou>
Mamizou can guard while doing the 'stop backdash' motion.
Mamizou's Chicken Guard is now changed. (To match the change in 1.03b, I think)
Fixed a bug where getting hit after using Mamizou's boiling pot spellcard causes you to lose a leaf.
Mamizou now has slightly extended graze frames after dashing forward.
Mamizou's X projectiles and Lute Priest projectiles are more visible.

Hope I didn't translate anything wrong.
Signature

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2013, 06:48:51 PM »
Here's hoping the patch fixes the annoying BGM override/loop bug.

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2013, 11:48:56 PM »
Main balance changes according to blog post (don't have time to play the game, could be inaccurate):

The active dash ability of the broom has been removed (temporarily). Apparently it's widely considered gamebreaking in Japan.

Yeah, I saw a versus video of someone using a broom and I was thinking, man this looks game breaking. You can easily guard break with repeated uses of the broom and combo them to oblivion.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
The next patch better have fully playable Kokoro and Arcade Mode(I saw the files Tasfro, I know it's in there).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2013, 01:17:02 AM »
So, I was practicing  playing as Miko I got into a fight with Marisa (Normal), used a spellcard (Full screen one) and got knocked out of it during the animation on the second round and won.
My comment: "WOW MARISA."
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2013, 03:58:27 AM »
Wow I suppose I was lucky to read this thread first. I was about to pull an all-nighter to start playinh with Kokoro and such. I guess I'll just take it easy.
For now I just cleared the game with Marisa and Reiu, and am playing around with the vs mode. I hope we get an arcade mode soon.

Anyway, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but
Spoiler:
why most expectators are youkai and such, but the talk about hope is exclusively directed to humans? I'm a bit confused... are those characters watching just to see some ass kicking or they too are affected by Kokoro's lack of her mask?

Btw
Murasa actually uses a skirt :ohdear:

Edit: oh I see. Thanks cuc :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:44:04 PM by M M »

cuc

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
Kokoro does seem to influence almost everyone in Gensokyo, human or youkai, only the effect is the most immediate in human village. As I recall, it's said the emotion void condition of human village would eventually encompass the whole Gensokyo. There are also signs that indicate youkai are as easily swayed in the religious war as the humans, such as newspaper headlines like "The kappa are converting to Buddhism" and "More youkai are imitating clouds".

Tasofro has had a surprising blog update today, talking about ideas they are testing out that may or may not be implemented:

1. increasing the range of basic AA combos, so they are easier to connect;
2. adding more somple Stun 100 combos such as AAA4A, to make characters like Futo and Koishi more accessible to beginners.

The image in the blog showed one possible way of expanding Reimu's hitbox during the AA combo.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:18:55 PM by cuc »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Wow, Force Shield nerf, huh? Were people using it? I'm surprised. I don't recall people using the analogue in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, which was arguably better. Broom nerf kind of makes sense though.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2013, 02:32:59 AM »
My game finally arrived! Now, how do I go about installing the patches? Got it working nevermind

Futo is super cool and I need a gif of her platespin super right now.

Also I'll be doing more writeups on fate alignment and dirrectional difference in moves for characters, to keep the labwork minimal for other people. Someone asked why use unaligned at all at one point, and with Futo, there are very evident reasons to do so.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:34:18 PM by iK »
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »
Err... Has anyone translated the new blog post yet? Something about Shot Statistics/Limit and Faith Alignment changes?

cuc

« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:23 AM »
That was another update about one possible idea: buffing X/Y shooting over the board.

Patch 1.04b issued. The only change is an old bug where certain gamepad button presses would be recognized as pressing "Esc" has been fixed.

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »
With new patches all my replays become unwatchable. It's very... frustrating to me.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Does anybody have any tips for making decks?
I can't seem to figure out some good decks, which is kind of annoying considering how often they are used.