Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 223911 times)

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #960 on: February 01, 2012, 06:01:18 PM »
I love using ReimuC. She's so fun to use, and her speed ability's good for item collection.

Or, you can just keep grazing instead :D

DO NO FOCUS PACIFIST WITH REIMU C

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #961 on: February 01, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »
I got myself a Normal 1cc of Imperishable Night with default starting lives. Now I can official say I've done this. Feel free to ignore my epic failure during Kaguya's Last Spells. :V

Even though I'm getting better, I can't really say I'm looking forward to working on the Extra Stage. I've already beaten Mokou anyway! I probably could use a little improvement for that.  :]

Anyway, here's the "more official" Normal 1cc. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18501
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #962 on: February 01, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »
ALMOST 1CC'ed IN with the Scarlet Team.

While fiddleing with the settings I did accidentally increase Stock lives by 1, but I got to Astronomical Entoumbing with 1 life left. [And no bombs]

I lost them both.

Both an acheivement and a Rage. SO CLOSE YET SO FAR.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #963 on: February 02, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »
I figure I might as well post this here.

Ten Desires Perfect Hard 1CC

Well, it is actually just a No Deaths/No Bombs run, I still did use Trance. This was my first attempt at that too, so I can say it was a success. In case someone wonders why is the slowdown rate 5.4%, my game tends to drop its FPS slightly during certain parts, namely Futo's "Oomonoimi's Dinner" and Miko's third nonspell. ^^;

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #964 on: February 02, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »
I figure I might as well post this here.

Ten Desires Perfect Hard 1CC

Well, it is actually just a No Deaths/No Bombs run, I still did use Trance. This was my first attempt at that too, so I can say it was a success. In case someone wonders why is the slowdown rate 5.4%, my game tends to drop its FPS slightly during certain parts, namely Futo's "Oomonoimi's Dinner" and Miko's third nonspell. ^^;
Holy shit! This puts my no bombs run to shame. Though, i've got only one forgivable death of five :fail:. And you did it on the first try, while i spent like over hundred attempts till succeeded orz. Of course, to call it legit "Perfect" you need at least to capture all spellcards. And in case of Ten Desires i consider no trance too, cause it makes this easy game much easier. But still that was huge success, dude ;)

One question: why have you tranced Guze Flash? It's one of the easiest Miko's attacks, while the next one is the hardest and easy to fail, so it seems better to keep trance for it  ::)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Shadow

• Forever waiting for tomorrow
« Reply #965 on: February 02, 2012, 06:34:48 AM »
While I doubt I could try the same without using Trace and succeeding, thank you. ^^

The reason as to why I tranced Guze Flash is that my fast-bullet-type dodging becomes more erratic as I get further in the game, with the tension and doubt of success rising. ^^; Despite it being a completely rotatory-static pattern, I decided to take no risks here and instead proceeded to Honour the Avoidance of Defiance which I could handle pretty easily. I hope this answers your question.

Zodiac

• (?・ω・`)
« Reply #966 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:11 AM »
EDIT : oh . . . I don't read it all . hehe .
Sorry sir ;P :derp:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:31:51 AM by olAlolilo »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #967 on: February 02, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
One question: why have you tranced Guze Flash? It's one of the easiest Miko's attacks, while the next one is the hardest and easy to fail, so it seems better to keep trance for it  :)

Except that it really ISN'T the easiest. Guze flash is fucking hell in my opinion, my eyes aren't good at following colors that move that fast. The next attack, I can say is actually rather easy to me, possibly her third-easiest card.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #968 on: February 02, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

Click the image for a replay

I.... I feel like crying. Crying tears of joy.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #969 on: February 02, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »
Except that it really ISN'T the easiest. Guze flash is fucking hell in my opinion, my eyes aren't good at following colors that move that fast. The next attack, I can say is actually rather easy to me, possibly her third-easiest card.
Oh. That's probably the matter of preference. I'm much better at macrododging fast patterns than at micrododging slow. For me Guze Flash is ridiculously easy (just stay at the right height and dodge left-right no vertical) and Honour the Avoidance of Defiance is the hardest attack in the game - it always tend to wall me with lasers leaving almost no space to dodge amulets >_< i mean just look at that!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:36:17 AM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #970 on: February 02, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
It always tend to wall me with lasers leaving almost no space to dodge amulets >_< i mean just look at that!

That isn't really a very good example since you had plenty of room to dodge. You simply got hit by a bullet that you weren't aware of.

How many attempts it must have taken. I admire your persistence with that challenge. I would've quit several times over if I had to put that many tries into anything. So, congratulations.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #971 on: February 02, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »
So, hey, first capture of Hard's version of VoWG. Hoping for more to come.

The same run of S6 featured a 1D timeout of Hard's Yamato Torus. That was kind of fun.

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #972 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:08 PM »
Cleared 3 final words!

« Reply #973 on: February 02, 2012, 08:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Seppo Hovi
I know how you feel, congratulations.  :D ... you did that fancy grazing at the start every single time? That's what I'd call diligent.
At least your replay is something to look at, quite a bit of risky dodging.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #974 on: February 02, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »

Good god. Welcome to the club. Congrats, there.

Zil

« Reply #975 on: February 02, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
Congratualtions! That's a fucking amazing accomplishment.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #976 on: February 03, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »
SA Ultra Lunatic.

I am genuinely surprised I actually got this far on my first try.

[Link]

« Reply #977 on: February 03, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18528

Sakuya solo of IN
It's Easy, so it's hardly an accomplishme---oh wait it's Sakuya.
I can no deaths no bombs IN Easy, so my abhorrent level of Sakuya-skill is evident here.
BUT NOW I CAN SAY I DID IT!
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #978 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:11 AM »
Subterranean Animism hard 1cc!
Oh wait, I did that already.
Except this run is far better than the one I did before in basically every way (except derps: this run has more derps)
Spell captures:
S1: 3/3
S2: 2/4 (bombed first and third, 8 seconds were spent on the midboss spell)
S3: 3/4 (derp on the final spell cost me a perfect Yuugi)
S4: 2/4 (Terrifying Hypnotism is terrifying, DBDB deathbomb)
S5: 0/5 (tried for Orin's 3rd as a boss...died)
S6: 1/6 (went for Subterranean Sun because 5 lives in stock, failed.  Captured Utsuho's 3rd spell.)\

Maybe I should try lunatic?

Also 5 4 3 extras to go.
Yuuka PoFV derplay
SanaeA UFO extra clear, and I captured Grudge Bow for the first time ever!
PoFV Aya extra clear, only 3 deaths. (Marisa in shot chance FTL, Medicine due to cloud placement, and Shikieiki first round)

« Reply #979 on: February 03, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »

Of course you should. And congrats on managing Hard.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #980 on: February 03, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
MoF Hard 1cc. Another one of those things that should have happened long ago.

And really, this run reminded me of probably the only reason there is to hate MoF: how bombs break the game. This was a pretty bad run by my standards, and the only reason I cleared was because I bombed most of the spells successfully and, uh, didn't die. I mean really, I bombed Minoriko's last, lost a life to Hina, bombed all of Nitori / Aya, died to Aya's OPENER and died to one of the fast homing yellow balls in Stage 5. I only captured like one spell from Sanae and Kanako each. And this run cleared regardless, while runs that had me capture 10 times as many cards didn't.

Expecting to get a EoSD Hard 1cc soon. It's the other thing that should have happened long ago but didn't.

« Reply #981 on: February 03, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
So I just 1CCed Ten Desires on Normal with Marisa...while in my college classroom. Progress, hit pause, take notes, repeat until clear. And despite no sound and a ton of mental distraction, finished 3/0.

Clearly I'm a great student and will get straight A's. Or something.  :V

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #982 on: February 03, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
SA Ultra Lunatic.

I am genuinely surprised I actually got this far on my first try.

[Link]
Damn. I've got desync with ultra patch applied (or i've applied it wrong).

Meanwhile: not so an accomplishment, but i've tried SA normal for a first time and have been stopped by Orin's Ghost Wheels. Well, i've seen a lot of replays and videos of this game before, but haven't tried it myself yet :blush:  And i've got the feeling that all stuff until Orin seems not much harder than in MoF. Gotta practice some more and 1CC it soon.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:27:08 PM by MMX »

« Reply #983 on: February 03, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »
Just attempted SA Lunatic, and got all the way up to midboss Orin.

For comparison, my last Lunatic attempt didn't make it to stage 5...and that was PCB Lunatic.

(also capping Knock Out in Three Steps on my first try at the Lunatic version was pretty sweet)

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #984 on: February 03, 2012, 08:58:54 PM »
SFN No focus Youmu solo timeout is on Youtube now!

Maybe I should upload more videos.. maybe.

Zil

« Reply #985 on: February 03, 2012, 09:17:21 PM »
Maybe I should upload more videos.. maybe.
If you come up with more stuff like that then yes, definitely! :D

« Reply #986 on: February 03, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
IN Lunatic 1cc!  I honestly wasn't expecting to pull this off today given how long it's been since I played, but when I made it to Hourai Jewel on my second credit I just had this feeling that today was the day.  A couple dozen stage 2/3 restarts later, and here it is!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #987 on: February 03, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
Meanwhile: not so an accomplishment, but i've tried SA normal for a first time and have been stopped by Orin's Ghost Wheels.

The wheels are aimed based on your position. Just move left and right somewhat. It makes it so much easier on you in the long run.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #988 on: February 04, 2012, 12:12:38 AM »
IN Lunatic 1cc!  I honestly wasn't expecting to pull this off today given how long it's been since I played, but when I made it to Hourai Jewel on my second credit I just had this feeling that today was the day.  A couple dozen stage 2/3 restarts later, and here it is!

Good Job!

Definitely.
If you can beat hard with that many lives left, then lunatic should be perfectly doable.
I started really practicing for lunatic after I got good enough to spam continues to pass stage 5.
The 1cc came soon after.

Of course, given my bad dodging skills, there was lots of resource management - much of the bombs were planned, for example, to get through stage 4 with 1 death and stage 5 with 2-3 deaths (except in the real 1cc run I derped and died 4 times). As long as none of the stages eat lots of lives in a row (used to be stage 5, for me), 1cc should be quite doable.

« Reply #989 on: February 04, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »
So I just 1CCed Ten Desires on Normal with Marisa...while in my college classroom. Progress, hit pause, take notes, repeat until clear. And despite no sound and a ton of mental distraction, finished 3/0.

Clearly I'm a great student and will get straight A's. Or something.  :V

Lol I did that like 2 months ago and it was a new high score for me at the time. Although I didn't take notes during my run so I guess it's not quite the same.
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.