Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 223908 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #930 on: January 30, 2012, 01:10:31 PM »
Aren't you supposed to be doing a Chiyuri run?

« Reply #931 on: January 30, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »
All right, I'll give Megui a try. Thanks for the advice.

But in the meantime...CAT'S WALK TIMEOUT! That's my most hated Normal mode card in the entire series (to the point where I sometimes time out Orin's nonspell just to skip it), so pulling that off was unbelievably cathartic.

EDIT: And with a big thanks to Esupanitix whose method for doing the card I blatantly ripped off from the 1CC posted earlier. So obvious I can't believe I didn't see it myself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:47:27 PM by Malkyrian »

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #932 on: January 30, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
Holy divine spirits :o I've did it. Finally... Ten Desires hard no bombs 1CC with Marisa  8)

Since my first TD hard 1CC wich was mostly bombfest i wanted to do this game "with style", so i aimed for no bombs run. This turned out pretty hard and took me more than two months and countless attempts to pull off. Though TD is the easiest touhou ever, it offers player just a few lives. The only hope for non-pro-skilled player like me is trance, but it also might be used for getting those lives along with surviving tough places. So the whole mess was about making a perfect routes for every stage (and alternate routes if something goes wrong), resource management and balance between trancing for lives and for survival. Still TD is at least one step easier than other games, cause the only no bombs i did before was EoSD normal.

Maan.. i cant beleive i finally did it. Now let's 1CC regular lunatic.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #933 on: January 30, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
I started hacking away at the PoFV extra shot types left, and managed Youmu, Reisen, Cirno and Tewi.
Sakuya, Lyrica, Mystia, Aya Yuuka and Medicine to go for PoFV
MarisaA and MarisaC to go for SA
ReimuB, MarisaB and SanaeA to go for UFO
Sanae to go f r TD.

Most of thse PoFV extra runs finished with 3 lives-and I amassed 6 at once with Reisen ;V

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #934 on: January 30, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
MoF Lunatic no-bombs 1cc!

Watching Zengeku do it recently got back in the mood for trying this. But you know what surprised me even more than getting the 1cc? Perfecting everything outside of Stage 4 all in one run.
Great job, man  :dragonforce: Though replay looks like ridiculous mix of epic win and fail. I've got the feeling like stage 4 was played by someone else.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #935 on: January 30, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
Great job, man  :dragonforce: Though replay looks like ridiculous mix of epic win and fail. I've got the feeling like stage 4 was played by someone else.

Hey, Stage 4 went well by virtue of being the only part of MoF interesting enough to keep me awake.  :V
Or rather, I've played it a lot.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #936 on: January 30, 2012, 07:52:04 PM »
Thanks. And yeah, I had some really derpy deaths in there. I still don't think I've completely recovered my skills from before my computer got fried, and it certainly shows in Stage 4.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #937 on: January 30, 2012, 07:58:08 PM »
Oops. I think he was speaking to me. Says something about my attention span right now. I need to stop attempting SA now I can feel.  :blush:

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #939 on: January 30, 2012, 11:27:02 PM »
Thanks. And yeah, I had some really derpy deaths in there. I still don't think I've completely recovered my skills from before my computer got fried, and it certainly shows in Stage 4.
Your skills are pretty amazing! And you died in such an easy places. I'm sure, you can improve this run if not perfect this game on lunatic ;)

Meanwhile i've uploaded a video of mine TD hard no bombs 1CC i've mentioned before. It has annotations along the way.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #940 on: January 31, 2012, 03:31:19 AM »
Mountain of Faith Normal 1cc GET

I'm a bit frustrated that I couldn't have done this with Reimu A instead of Reimu B, but I guess it's some. I'm also annoyed with how I can seem to get deathbombing to work consistently, regardless of how hard I try to get the timing right. Meh...

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18473
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #941 on: January 31, 2012, 04:56:57 AM »
IN Stage 6A Lunatic 1D2B run (via deathbombing).

As far as I can remember, this is my best stab at the stage so far. The third nonspell really shat in my face this time, and my tired state did nothing to help me through it. I made a legit mistake on Apollo 13 though. I could tell I was going too far down from where I normally dodge it. But it feels good to finally recapture Astronomical Entombing, something that's been a thorn in my side for a while now.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2012, 06:30:10 AM »
Marine Benefit Normal 1CC with SanaeC. FUCK YES, NEVER AGAIN.

It's clear just how much that shottype was tested, because in the last spell, that bubble you're supposed to stay in? When you're using SanaeC it doesn't grow like it's supposed to. Meaning you're supposed to be dodging aimed metal fatigue bullets while staying in a bubble that's quite seriously smaller than Sanae's sprite. Most definitely not bullshit, that.

At least I was smart enough to bombspam the last boss, to the point where the music didn't even loop because it was over so fast.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2012, 06:33:38 AM »
When you're using SanaeC it doesn't grow like it's supposed to.
Wow. Now I know to try to bring 10000 lives into stage 6 :V
As if that shot type wasn't bad enough... I thought it might be possible to cheese out the last spell with nukes. I guess not.

« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2012, 06:59:12 AM »
As if that shot type wasn't bad enough... I thought it might be possible to cheese out the last spell with nukes. I guess not.
It is possible to do, just stay close to the boss. Shouldn't take more than 2 lives to pull off.

And whatever you do, DO NOT BOMB THE CARD. That was my mistake during my 1CC. I just tested it in Stage Practice and that's why it got as small as it did - it shrinks slowly enough that you can finish Mikoto off before it really gets bullshit, if you just shotgun and focus. Chances are you'll die, but it's the last spell so that's not a huge deal. Of course, if you go in with 0/X stock, you're pretty much fucked.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »
I almost captured lunatic Scarlet Gensoyko, just another 3-4 seconds to go.
next attempt captured Eternal Meek, and Remilia's first 3 spells.
and then failed everything else horribly.

and now UFO extra clear with ReimuB.  11 to go.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
Dragon's Necklace Normal timeout. Because I could.

edit: Found a much easier way. heh.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:27:01 PM by Nereid »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
I did it on Youmu solo without focus! To.. umm.. make a boring replay nobody will watch.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
Yeah, we just keep finding easier and easier strategies.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #949 on: January 31, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »
2B Hard Satori (ReimuA). Bombs on her first spell and DBDB.

Considering that this was my first time capturing ANY of her spellcards OR non-spells, this was pretty cool.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #950 on: January 31, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »
PCB Hard 1cc.

First few stages were pretty bad, made up for it with all the rest. Most notable derp moment is losing a second life (with full bombs) to the Prismrivers' finale. Highlight was a "capture" of RB, but the useless border break at the beginning kind of ruined that. :V

Only reason this took so long is because I hate PCB, really.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #951 on: January 31, 2012, 08:49:06 PM »
I did a renewal run of Ten Desires. :D

A renewal run is a run made for when your first ____ was made really badly, or when you were really bad at Touhou.

This one surpasses my old score by 50 million points and contains a 0d1b run of Toyosatomimi's fight.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #952 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »
I finally got my Reimu A Normal Mountain of Faith 1cc and I'm pretty happy about it. Now I can use the homing amulets to hopefully at least make my way to Suwako. :3

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18490
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #953 on: February 01, 2012, 12:33:45 AM »
That's wonderful, Ranko. Good luck against Suwako, she's still a pain in MY rear end, I'll tell you that.

Enjoy.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #954 on: February 01, 2012, 01:48:50 AM »
Got to the end of Stage 5 with ReimuC (Subterranean Animism), and let me tell you SatoriC (Also known as Komeimaru to me (Komeiji + Bunbunmaru, the company Aya owns/works for)) is quite fun. I love her second spell (Second spell in the case that Recollection doesn't count, actually) most of all. It is super fun to me, you gotta be good at macro dodging though and for the love of god don't stop shooting on that card unless you've got enough coordination to 1cc the game without focusing. The third card, however, is painful. It contains bullet spirals, which I HATE. (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA INTERSECTING BULLETS I CAN'T DO ALGEBRA THAT FAST IHGIOQWEHGIOEHGWEHGOIWEHGTSWEIOGTHWEIONGWIOEGTH) But seriously, those things are fucking messes. If you can actually do that card consistently, I will come to your house and <REDACTED DUE TO NSFW CONTENT>.

I love using ReimuC. She's so fun to use, and her speed ability's good for item collection.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #955 on: February 01, 2012, 02:52:39 AM »
SA MarisaC extra clear!
Died 4 times, right before capturing Koishi's first spell, Superego, right at the end of a perfect Genetics timeout (double KO), and right after the bomb ran out on the second survival.

FOR ONCE DIDN'T DIE TO RORSCACH  :D

Oh, and now I can add the musical extra clears for PoFV.
Still have Sakuya, Aya, Medicine and Yuuka to go for that game, and MarisaA for SA, and MarisaB+SanaeA for UFO and Sanae for TD.
8 extras remain to clear-but the worst 3 are yet to come!

EDIT:
Sakuya down by way of cheesing later rounds by shooting only a little bit to keep the timer going down.
7 remain, 2 of which are annoying. (hint: Marisa+Marisa)
Did Medicine.  ironically PoFV is only missing the slowest and fastest characters-and Aya, my first lunatic clear, will likely by my last extra clear.

Zil

« Reply #956 on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »
PoDD Rikako Lunatic 1cc
Hypercam 2 isn't nice to me, but I got fraps to cooperate, so at least I have a way of recording. I did this character earlier but... now I have a replay and a score over 50,000,000. :D

Zodiac

• (?・ω・`)
« Reply #957 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »
NDNB Yukari (1bb at her 1st non spell LOL).
1.2b get ~!  I still a babby . . . so I proud myself a little in this run.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18496
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:43:36 AM by olAlolilo »

« Reply #958 on: February 01, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »
Haha, it looks like my constant whingeing on #shrinemaiden got Seppo and Nereid to tackle DNecklace as well~
My achievements?
No replays uploaded now, but
I capped all difficulties of kaguya's first four spells~~~~
Thanks to the aforementioned two people~
Meanwhile I fail to 1cc PCB lD
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

« Reply #959 on: February 01, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »
SA Stage 5 Lunatic 1 miss no bombs.

I got really close to perfecting this stage. The death was against Orin's first spellcard and it was a pretty dumb one too. I was basically just there and misjudged a little white bullets path and got hit which is pretty embarassing because Orin isn't really a hard boss for me. But still, 1 miss no bombs is still good i think so I'll put it here.