Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223880 times)

Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #450 on: January 26, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »
Okay, I really need to know how to do the last wave of self-spawning bullets on Phantasm. I can't get to Yukari with 4 lives ever because of them and even though I've seen people do them just fine I've only been able to once or twice and I have no idea how.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #451 on: January 26, 2012, 05:06:43 PM »
Rather than 3/4 down the screen like the Extra waves, those waves are solved by moving left and right in the middle, or 1/2, I guess.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #452 on: January 26, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »
I need help on Kogasa's third spellcard, Nue in stage 6, and Futo's nice boat. :ohdear:
As for Futo's 1st spellcard (Iwafune whatever it is) i'm doing it like this:
1. On the first wave go to the left, doing as much damage as possible
2.  Squeeze through the droplets and quickly go to the right, but stop about 1/3 from the right. dont come close to edge Futo's hiding! Also dont hug the bottom, leave yourself some place to retire.
3. Dodge 2 waves of arrows and droplets consistently. Avoid dodging them at the same time.
4. Repeat #2 to the left (and then to the right again)
5. ?????
6. Profit!

The key here is not to pursuit Futo on the edges for dealing maximum damage, but to dodge the shit safely for as long as it needs. Here is the replay. This is by far Futo's hardest card. I still cant capture it on lunatic :fail:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:55:07 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »
So I've been attempting SA Extra no-vertical a few times now, and I just got as far as the last phase of Philosophy, which makes me think that this might actually be possible.

Here is my replay of that; could a good player look at that and tell me if there's anything I could improve on? I get the feeling that even a few slight improvements could make a world of difference here.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »
Just a minor question that might bring me closer to a Hard 1cc: how many green and purple spirits can you get when not shooting the fairies but the ghosts only just before Miko. I saw as much as 3 and maybe there's more, but I can't kill all of the ghosts in that chaos.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
From what I remember there are 14 green spirits and 4 purple spirits in that section.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2012, 03:56:49 PM »
While this is not for strictly any specific Spell Card, I could use every possible bit of information.

I am planning on doing IN Normal NFDB, and I seem to horribly fail at several parts of the game. Partially due to sucking at Touhou, and partially due to the fact that I rarely play on normal and therefore I can't remember some of the spell cards really well.

Stage 1 - I can manage this rather well, but I miss a ton of power- and point-items here.
Stage 2 - Nothing special.
Stage 3 - Nothing special either. Still missing point items.
Stage 4 - I am not really focusing on collecting the point-items. Maybe I should plan a route for that, but I'm currently too lazy for that.
Stage 5 - Normal Reisen is so different from the stuff I'm used to. However, she's not too hard either. Skip the stage portion here, I just decided to be silly.
Stage 6 - This is far worse than I usually do, but I don't have time to play a better run at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »
Rather than 3/4 down the screen like the Extra waves, those waves are solved by moving left and right in the middle, or 1/2, I guess.

I still can't get it right; I don't know how far to move for each wave.

More help needed for:
All of Marisa's attacks on Hard, especially her nonspells
The fairy/ies? at the start of IN stage 5
Fairies at the start of IN stage 6B
Reisen's first and second cards and her second nonspell.

Zil

« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2012, 11:59:58 PM »
Is it ok to just collect a bunch of previous posts together like this? Anyway, here you go.
Red Eyes Hypnosis - You can do that without even dodging anything really. Just keep backing up.
I did that when I played it at least. Here's the replay - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18170
Indolence Mind Stopper: Have a replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18172
Mind Stopper. The tricky part is when you position yourself next to the bullets at the bottom. I occasionally mess that up by moving into a bullet here. It could also be sort of tricky to make those dodges up through the bullets.
Visionary Wave "Mind Blowing"
As others have mentioned, you can stay in a spot in the center and move down with it. However, the spot closest to Reisen is a bit small, and takes some measure of control to pull off consistently, but is arguably the most rewarding as you hardly have to move horizontally. If you want to be on the safe side, you can use the spot right below that, which is noticeably bigger but forces you through waves at an angle. I use both spaces in the replay so you can see the difference.

Indolence "Mind Stopper"
On the first wave, stay in the center and wait for the bullets to stop, then duck to the open spot in the center below you. Make sure you get back up to the middle of the screen (preferably more to one side as well) before the aimed shots start firing from the corners, and don't move until the bullets stop again. When you go down from here on out, you'll have to stay slightly to one side and then fit through the rings as they expand. Then you repeat from here. The main issue is making sure the aimed bullets don't go where you want to dodge the rings.

I also have a perfect Stage 4B replay if you want to see how something is done. Three of Marisa's nonspells are memo, though the second might warrant a bomb in a full run because of how tight everything is.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #459 on: January 30, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »
I still can't get it right; I don't know how far to move for each wave.
I switch directions every sound effect, it generally works.  I dodge that part of the survival section here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK4soMHt2W4
(ignore the stupidity on the rest of that part, the relevant section is around 3:20)
More help needed for:
All of Marisa's attacks on Hard, especially her nonspells
The fairy/ies? at the start of IN stage 5
Fairies at the start of IN stage 6B
Reisen's first and second cards and her second nonspell.
Marisa on hard mode...there's nothing to her nonspells beyond read and dodge, Asteroid Belt is read and dodge, Event Horizon is stay under her and dodge, Starlight Typhoon is relatively easy if you dodge up in the corner (beware of fast stars), Double Spark is redirect and dodge, Shoot the Moon is streaming.
The Stage 5 fairy is pretty easy once you get the pattern, just dodge.
Stage 6 just bomb the opening.  trust me, it's not worth the risk.
2nd nonspell is also bomb for me.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #460 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »
Thanks for the tips Zil.

Sadly, all the replays are for lunatic, and on Border Team.

Some of the tactics are rather useable, and e.g. I could try something new with Reisen's third card. Choosing some new lanes to slip trough, and stuff. So the lunatic routing might actually work. In most cases, however, it could lead me into doing some rather.. sad unnecessary movements that lead me into deaths.

If you happen to have a Perfect stage 4B normal on Youmu, I'd appreciate it, since the border team lunatic pathing doesn't really.. help that much.

Zil

« Reply #461 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:57 AM »
I don't really know anything about IN honestly. I've played it less than any other game in the series (I think I've cleared it 5 times in my life), and the only time I've used Youmu solo was that one scoring challenge on Easy. If there's a particular spell that you need help with though, I might randomly know a trick or something.

« Reply #462 on: January 30, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18468

This is perfect stage portion. (One rather risky move put into the stage. You'll just want to take it slowly there and stream. Most of the bullets should be aimed) Don't note how the Marisa fight is terrible with deaths on the 2nd and 4th spell.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #463 on: January 30, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
If you happen to have any tricks for any spells Kaguya has, apart from maybe the first one, I'd like to know them.

« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »
If you are playing Youmu solo then you can easily take down the familiars in the 3rd spell completely neutralizing the card. Though I don't see this helping much as the card is pretty easy. Oh and if you head behind Kaguya during her second non-spell you can misdirect some of the blue bullets.

That's about what I know about her.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #465 on: January 30, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »
Stage 6 just bomb the opening.  trust me, it's not worth the risk.
I take this back: I can dodge it fairly consistently on hard (and even lunatic) from the lower left corner.

For Kaguya on normal, I found a decent method for de-lucking the opener, and beyond that I can't really think of anything else I know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uu7xQBFewM shows it.

ian

• For talking about game downloads
  • To be released Feb 7
« Reply #466 on: February 03, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »
Are there any tips on dodging this on Normal? It kills me EVERY TIME

Drake

« Reply #467 on: February 03, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
You literally just plop yourself down between the lines and tap a few times left or right. Make sure you're between the lines first, they don't move or anything, you can even just look at one line and make sure you're right above or right below it. Then tap tap tap and the bullets all miss. Check the lines again, tap tap tap.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #468 on: February 03, 2012, 08:45:49 PM »
Oh my god even when I played EASY I could tell what to do on Normal. It is not that hard to go between lines. I play on Hard now. Have you SEEN Ooze Flooding on Hard? It's got CURVED ARRAYS OF BLUE FIREBALLS. CURVED. ARRAYS.

But yeah, what Drake said.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #469 on: February 03, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
CURVED ARRAYS OF BLUE FIREBALLS. CURVED. ARRAYS.
And the way you dodge it is exactly the same. :wat:

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #470 on: February 03, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »
Oh my god even when I played EASY I could tell what to do on Normal. It is not that hard to go between lines. I play on Hard now. Have you SEEN Ooze Flooding on Hard? It's got CURVED ARRAYS OF BLUE FIREBALLS. CURVED. ARRAYS.

But yeah, what Drake said.

Might want to word this better so you don't sound insulting next time.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »
How to dodge the proper way 2nd and 4th Utsuho's nonspells? The ones where she flies left-right offscreen.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #472 on: February 04, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »
For the first one, just follow right under Utsuho and it should take care of itself I think. It shouldn't be hard to do anyway. There is a trick to the other one though. Move in the opposite direction of Utsuho. That way you will have way less bullets to dodge. I found the attack tough to deal with before knowing this but after it was pointed out to me I never really failed it again.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #473 on: February 04, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
For the first one, just follow right under Utsuho and it should take care of itself I think. It shouldn't be hard to do anyway. There is a trick to the other one though. Move in the opposite direction of Utsuho. That way you will have way less bullets to dodge. I found the attack tough to deal with before knowing this but after it was pointed out to me I never really failed it again.
Thanx. I'll try it. This time i've dodged the first one standing mostly in center, and bombed the second one.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
Ack... Why did ZUN make Subterranean Animism so hard...?

Okay, I've basically got Stage 4 down pat (I'm playing as Marisa-B right now tho. No WAY am I gonna be able to capture BoWaP with Reimu-A without safespotting), but I'm still having a some troubles on stage 3 >~<

Namely, the nonspell that's basically an upgraded version of the midboss one (the blue spread that bounces back as yellow). I found that misdirecting them towards a lower corner helps a lot, but its tricky for me still. Any other way I can do it? and a visual might be helpful too ^^"

And after stage 4, I have no hope of beating stage 5 @@. Orin's tough. I think I can sort of do her first spell (although the one from the midboss is annoying too), but the non-spell right after Spleen Eater I don't know how at all. After all of that, her second last spell (Needle Mountain of a Former Hell) I can't do either >~<. I can't make out the rings until it's too late. Or am I doing it wrong? Then the last spell is basically like her first, just with more stuff(2 streams from her, different bullets from fairies, etc.), so no problem there.

« Reply #475 on: February 05, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »
What difficulty are you playing?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #476 on: February 05, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »
He said "spleen eater" and "needle mountain of former hell" so i suppose it's normal (or easy lol). Well i have no problem surviving all stuff till Orin. I bomb that Yugi nonspell sometimes when i feel like i cant dodge it, and i capture only Terrible Souvenir, BoWaP and both nonspells of Satori, bombing the rest. As for Orin i just bomb'n'die till this hell ends, cause i havent practiced her at all. Same for Utsuho, In my first 1CC i've managed to die at the every of her spells even Fixed Star OTZ.

Briefly: first clear = bomb everything you cant dodge surely :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:46:46 PM by MMX »

« Reply #477 on: February 05, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »
Heh, well yeah I guess its Normal then. I'm just not very good at remembering spell names outside of things like VoWG and other memorable spell names.
Ehem. As for the things mister ForeverFanatic requested; I seriously don't know. My strategy for Lunatic is horribly inefficient here so have a look at this vid instead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYuS3Z2gEDA

As for those rings, I believe they are aimed for you. However, if she aimes two waves at you or only one I don't know.

Zil

« Reply #478 on: February 05, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
Are you using Marisa just to avoid BoWaP? That's pretty insane, I have to say.

Anyway, for Yuugi's nonspell sweep left and right a bit, but don't go overboard. Don't misdirect all the way into the corner. The only thing I have in the way of a "visual" would be, uh... this. It's Lunatic but the idea should be the same.

The rings in Orin's spell are aimed with respect to your position, but that does not neccessarily mean they are aimed right at you. And only one wave at a time is aimed.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #479 on: February 05, 2012, 11:40:04 PM »
Nah that's not why I'm using Marisa (it's actually cuz unlike what lots of other people are saying, I don't really like Reimu-A much at all ._." Not that she isn't a good shottype).

Still don't really understand Yuugi's non-spell... As for Orin, I see that I can be relatively safe near Orin (above her) for some nonspells ._. Eeeeh... need to study Needle Mountain more >~<

EDIT: eeehh... just looked at her again. Apparently she has a spiraling spread of stars on the first nonspell @@ Oh well that's the easy one~
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:32:18 AM by xForeverFanaticx »