Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 224542 times)

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #390 on: January 15, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Does anyone know how to redirect Youmu's nonspell. They are just annoying >.>
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #391 on: January 15, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »
>is aimed at you in general

>move to the upper-left corner

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #392 on: January 15, 2012, 06:54:27 PM »
It really shouldn't matter which lane you take for Vengeful Cannibal Spirit. No matter where you go, you'll want to dash back to where the center of the most recent explosion was before the next wheel spawns. When pulled off right, the formation of wheels will hardly appear to move.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #393 on: January 15, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
Thanks Chisou Taizen.

« Reply #394 on: January 15, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »
Youmu's nonspells: Go over her head or either top corners then rush back to the bottom.
It works for Stage 5 midoss, Stage 5 boss but NEVER do it for Stage 6 midboss or you'll get walled. *has bad souvenirs*

Edit: Ah, too late.  :derp:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:09:11 PM by DelichiousApple »

« Reply #395 on: January 15, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »
nvm, clicked quote instead of modify...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 07:10:53 PM by DelichiousApple »

Zil

« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »
It really shouldn't matter which lane you take for Vengeful Cannibal Spirit. No matter where you go, you'll want to dash back to where the center of the most recent explosion was before the next wheel spawns. When pulled off right, the formation of wheels will hardly appear to move.
Yes, I agree, which is actually why I was having trouble with the card. I normally do it just as you do in that video, but when I'm playing at 90fps (which I think I neglected to mention) it's hard to get back to the center in time, so I end up moving slowly (or quickly) across the screen. If I take a path that brings me under the explosion instead of to the right of it, I'll drift down instead of right, and capture it before I get walled at the bottom (in which case I could just start moving right anyway if I had to).

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2012, 10:15:17 PM »
I wish I could help Zil here with Vengeful Cannibal Spirit, but I do good just to make it through her stage in normal without having to continue. (Though I do cap Spleen Eater almost every time I face it.)

My issue falls to UFO normal (sadly). These I have brushed off as not too important but now I gotta ask for the sake of a MArisa 1cc run:

Murasa: Ghost Ship Sinker. I have no idea how to lead her effectively.

Shou: the obvious evil that is the spinning green laser of death. I don't even know how to approach this one. (I forget it's name by the way.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #398 on: January 15, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
Captain Murasa is the hardest 4th boss ever because she has one frickin' tough survival guard and her mighty ass anchor. Those droplets scare me a lot. 

« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2012, 01:14:20 AM »
Hmm...

Survival guard or card? Sticking close to the center usually helps.
The droplets aren't much more dangerous than other kinds of bullets.
I do not know which anchor card you refer to but as I read it, there is only one anchor which indicates its the first one. The anchor is aimed.  ;)

You should be a bit more specific about what you are asking help for.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2012, 02:42:32 AM »
Harbor Sign "Ghost Ship's Port"
Ghost "Dipper Creeping Close"
Yeah.

Zil

« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2012, 03:16:22 AM »
I wish I could help Zil here with Vengeful Cannibal Spirit, but I do good just to make it through her stage in normal without having to continue. (Though I do cap Spleen Eater almost every time I face it.)
Oh don't worry. I'm capping it every time now thanks to Funen and Petit. ;) It seems I can take whichever lane is most convenient now after practicing getting back to the center quickly. :derp:
Stage 5 may be the "easiest" stage in the game at this point. It takes very little effort to do as well as I possibly can. (Because actually trying to survive is no different from suicide).

For that green laser card, I honestly advise just bombing it. My experience with it on Lunatic is that it's just one of those points where a smart player and his bombs are soon parted. Of course, it may be that I too am missing the trick to it.
Also, which Marisa are you using? I've never used either but I think the spread type may be better than the laser type.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2012, 04:12:45 AM »
Oh don't worry. I'm capping it every time now thanks to Funen and Petit. ;) It seems I can take whichever lane is most convenient now after practicing getting back to the center quickly. :derp:
Stage 5 may be the "easiest" stage in the game at this point. It takes very little effort to do as well as I possibly can. (Because actually trying to survive is no different from suicide).

For that green laser card, I honestly advise just bombing it. My experience with it on Lunatic is that it's just one of those points where a smart player and his bombs are soon parted. Of course, it may be that I too am missing the trick to it.
Also, which Marisa are you using? I've never used either but I think the spread type may be better than the laser type.

yeah I just found out that Mairsa with Patchy makes the level part of stage 5 and Orin's first spell a joke on normal. =)  However, I am being eaten alive by Okuu's stage (not the level but the fight. I dispise her fly-by shot, among other things during that).

I wish there was a way to cap that card consistently. I still need assistance with Murasa's time out: Ghost Ship Sinker.

And I'm using lasers for the sake of a not-helish EX stage run. The pieces will prove much more beneificial in the long run when it comes to Nue and her UFO cards.
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Zil

« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »
For that fly-by shot, I've figured out a hella-cheap good way to do the first of those. It may work for the second as well on Normal mode.
Spoiler:
Go though the bullets at the top of the screen before they fully materialize.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2012, 04:31:56 AM »
For that fly-by shot, I've figured out a hella-cheap good way to do the first of those. It may work for the second as well on Normal mode.
Spoiler:
Go though the bullets at the top of the screen before they fully materialize.

...your kidding. Kinda like the hella-cheap way to do Starbow Break on Flandre's stage
Spoiler:
by hiding under the letter "N" in Enemy up top
?

Zil

« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »
Not really. You can't just sit there. This replay should demonstrate. (Watch at 90fps for the full effect!)
It works on Lunatic, and I can only imagine it gets easier on the lower difficulties. I kind of screwed it up, but you'll get the idea. Pass through the walls near the top, then slip back down to dodge the bubbles. Even as I'm typing this an alternative approach has occured to me, so maybe I can improve this further.

Here's another way - I wasn't shooting for the first half so I timed it out, but it looks like you may just timeout no matter what. Still, if you don't mind missing the life piece, this is a very easy way to dodge it. (And you'll also see what happened when I tried to do it on the second fly-by nonspell.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:09:30 AM by Zil »

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2012, 05:07:18 AM »
Not really. You can't just sit there. This replay should demonstrate. (Watch at 90fps for the full effect!)
It works on Lunatic, and I can only imagine it gets easier on the lower difficulties. I kind of screwed it up, but you'll get the idea. Pass through the walls near the top, then slip back down to dodge the bubbles. Even as I'm typing this an alternative approach has occured to me, so maybe I can improve this further.

AH I see now. If it helps any for the card I derp on constantly (the 1st and 2nd once's really.) I am using Marisa/Patchouli as my shot type. =) (makes stage 5 a joke along with Orin's 1st boss card. you don't have to circle her if you are that team.)

« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »
Can anyone tell me a reliable way of dodging Shinki's yellow homing things? At the moment my strategy is fly in a random direction and pray it doesn't hit me/bomb constantly.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »
Ok, I've played long enough(close to 8 or 9 months in the series) and it's about time I finally go for it: my first Lunatic 1cc.

Doing this on IN.

Problem areas:

Keine: Three treasures- Country

Reisen: Mindblow (Red Eyes Hypnosis)
              Indolence: Mind Stopper.

Eirin: Galaxy in a Pot

Kaguya, haven't fought any of hers as of yet but I can imagine they are hell, I'll need help with her 2nd and 3rd nonspell as well as all her cards except Salamander Shield and Brilliant Dragon Bullet.

Zil

« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
The lasers. Here's Baity timing them out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJXMfW8aJw
They are actually pretty easy when you do it right but it's something you just have to get the "feel" for.

Red Eyes Hypnosis - You can do that without even dodging anything really. Just keep backing up.
I did that when I played it at least. Here's the replay - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18170
If it looks like I did anything else right, then you can use that too I guess, but I had no idea what I was doing in this game. That's my first and only clear. :derp:

« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
Country should be pretty easy. Easier than the Hard version. Just get yourself familiar with the pattern and you shouldn't have trouble.
Indolence Mind Stopper: Have a replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18172
Galaxy in a Pot: Have another replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18171

Galaxy in a Pot is really really easy once you realize how its aimed. Just look at the video and see how little you actually need to do. :)
Mind Stopper. The tricky part is when you position yourself next to the bullets at the bottom. I occasionally mess that up by moving into a bullet here. It could also be sort of tricky to make those dodges up through the bullets.

. Heh, I think Zil didn't just go and cover these while I was making the replays. :)

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2012, 10:09:41 PM »
The lasers. Here's Baity timing them out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJXMfW8aJw
They are actually pretty easy when you do it right but it's something you just have to get the "feel" for.

Red Eyes Hypnosis - You can do that without even dodging anything really. Just keep backing up.
I did that when I played it at least. Here's the replay - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18170
If it looks like I did anything else right, then you can use that too I guess, but I had no idea what I was doing in this game. That's my first and only clear. :derp:

Country should be pretty easy. Easier than the Hard version. Just get yourself familiar with the pattern and you shouldn't have trouble.
Indolence Mind Stopper: Have a replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18172
Galaxy in a Pot: Have another replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18171

Galaxy in a Pot is really really easy once you realize how its aimed. Just look at the video and see how little you actually need to do. :)
Mind Stopper. The tricky part is when you position yourself next to the bullets at the bottom. I occasionally mess that up by moving into a bullet here. It could also be sort of tricky to make those dodges up through the bullets.

. Heh, I think Zil didn't just go and cover these while I was making the replays. :)

I see. These help quite a bit. I've been practicing one of the hardest stages/fights of the game (Marisa) and have noticed that I have to bomb the majority of her nonspells. I can cap all her spells but it's the non-spells that make me have 1 death when going through this stage.

Now I just gotta deal with Kaguya's stuff when I get there, I'll hope Zil's replay will help there. =D

I figured this would be a good game to do my first Lunatic 1cc since it is the only one I can do on hard 1cc and usually only use 1 continue on Lunatic anyways. =D

« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
For Marisa, I'd recommend you look up the perfect run on my channel. It provides excellent advice for all those non-spells.
 :V

Wow. How shameless.  :D

Anyway, your first 1cc of Lunatic huh? Good luck with it.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »
For Marisa, I'd recommend you look up the perfect run on my channel. It provides excellent advice for all those non-spells.
 :V

Wow. How shameless.  :D

Anyway, your first 1cc of Lunatic huh? Good luck with it.

Thanks, saw the replays you gave and Zil's replay. YOu covered Indolence where he may have missed and I got the assistance I needed form that play to see how to deal with other problem areas. I'll still need to go look at the channel for the Marisa nonspell.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:45 PM »
I got a few replays for Flandre.

Land Scheme "Three Sacred Treasures - Country"
The pattern is relatively simple and repeats multiple times. The tail end of each wave tends to get a bit tight near the bottom, so if you want you can tackle it a bit higher up (as shown) where there's more room.

Visionary Wave "Mind Blowing"
As others have mentioned, you can stay in a spot in the center and move down with it. However, the spot closest to Reisen is a bit small, and takes some measure of control to pull off consistently, but is arguably the most rewarding as you hardly have to move horizontally. If you want to be on the safe side, you can use the spot right below that, which is noticeably bigger but forces you through waves at an angle. I use both spaces in the replay so you can see the difference.

Indolence "Mind Stopper"
On the first wave, stay in the center and wait for the bullets to stop, then duck to the open spot in the center below you. Make sure you get back up to the middle of the screen (preferably more to one side as well) before the aimed shots start firing from the corners, and don't move until the bullets stop again. When you go down from here on out, you'll have to stay slightly to one side and then fit through the rings as they expand. Then you repeat from here. The main issue is making sure the aimed bullets don't go where you want to dodge the rings.

I also have a perfect Stage 4B replay if you want to see how something is done. Three of Marisa's nonspells are memo, though the second might warrant a bomb in a full run because of how tight everything is.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2012, 12:42:59 AM »
I need help on Kogasa's third spellcard, Nue in stage 6, and Futo's nice boat. :ohdear:

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #416 on: January 17, 2012, 12:50:29 AM »
ok I got country and what not down, along with Reisen's spells. Now it seems Keine's non-spells are eating me alive. any advice? (I have noticed no focus makes it less dense but still......)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #417 on: January 17, 2012, 01:04:21 AM »
Destroy a few familiars during her nonspells as well. If you ask me, it's probably easier to stay focused since the bullets are slower then.

« Reply #418 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:27 AM »
Its pretty much the same pattern every time. I think it might actually be static but its been a long while since I played IN seriously so I can't exactly remember. Of course, being unfocused, or more accurately playing as a human character, you can destroy some of the familiars which means there is less bullets for you to worry about. Its basically one of those attacks that become pretty easy to do once you get familiar with their patterns.

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #419 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:15 AM »
Can you destroy Kaguya's Familiars at her final card? Cause seriously, even in Normal mode, I fail at that fucking Neet's card.