Author Topic: Dungeon Fighter Online is back (OBT 2)  (Read 17195 times)

Re: Dungeon Fighter Online is back (OBT 2)
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »
Oh wow! DFO's back? I'm glad I checked the forum. It was one of my favorite games. Definitely going to give it a download :D

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2015, 08:11:27 AM »
Have to reach lvl 61 in a week, to finish the level challenge and make that pet thing permanent.
What is the fastest way to do that?  :derp:

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2015, 08:23:04 AM »
  • Burn all but 1 FP
  • Use that 1 FP to full clear the dungeon that gives you the most EXP
  • Use the 50 FP mileage pot, burn all but 1 FP from that
  • Use the 20 FP mileage pot, burn all but 1 FP from that
  • Use the 30 FP alchemy pot, burn all but 1 FP from that
  • Gain 1 FP from mentorship bonuses
  • Repeat the mentorship FP thing 9 more times

When you unlock these:
  • Clear TotD 3 times (ToI if you can't access TotD yet)
  • Clear AoI 3 times (You can run AoI 3 more times if you level up)
  • Clear AoA 3 times
Do this and you should go from 1->70 in around 10 days (probably less, actually, but I forgot how long it took).

Also, generally, you want to clear your epics then grind special dungeons until you unlock the next set of epics.
Doesn't matter much at lower levels, since epics alone should get you to the next level, but something to think about later.
You should always run the highest difficulty available, since higher difficulty = more EXP.

If you don't do any of the tryhard stuff, just burning all your FP every day on the highest difficulty dungeon you have available should get you to max level in like 2~3 weeks anyway.

Oh, also, a couple of other pointers:
  • Try to get the adventurer bonus by getting at least one character above 40. The stats don't matter but you'll get a 10% EXP bonus for having even level 1 of the bonus.
  • Get at least one avatar item so that you get the bonus EXP for having an avatar item equipped.
  • Join a high level guild with the EXP buff, free EXP is always nice.
  • SSS rank is super easy to achieve, just juggle some random enemy a few times when they're dead if you don't have enough points, and is a bunch of bonus EXP so make sure you always SSS rank a dungeon.
  • Try to have any purchasable items for epics pre-prepared. The less runs you have to do to finish your epic line and the more runs you can do on your grinding dungeon, the better.
  • Don't use your double EXP potions immediately. They yield more EXP at later levels so try to save them until they're about to expire. Also try to time it so that you use them when you're grinding out your special dungeons, since those are good EXP.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:37:16 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »
Well, Chaos/Demon Queen absolutely facerolls everything to the point where I lose my mind playing her. Knight class is a wash for me. Having a lot more fun with my Soul Bender. In the mean time, my Trickster is almost at the end of the journey.

OddBoy - LV. 70 Silver Moon
TheSeaSlug - LV. 64 Trickster
OddtheC - LV. 34 Soul Bender
Psygnis - LV. 31 Chaos

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2015, 10:27:27 AM »
Well, Chaos/Demon Queen absolutely facerolls everything to the point where I lose my mind playing her. Knight class is a wash for me. Having a lot more fun with my Soul Bender. In the mean time, my Trickster is almost at the end of the journey.

Elven Knight is not too bad. You get a pony and stuff! But her only real source of damage is Chain Rush and you have to be competent at it to do any semblance of high damage. Otherwise it is fun to be basically immortal

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2015, 10:49:58 AM »
Chaos also gets hit by the nerf bat pretty hard so there's that. Until then, one shotting bosses with Genocide Crush is always fun to watch.

Dormiko - 70 Trickster
Esculentus - 70 Demolitionist
Servitus - 63 Peacemaker
Dormisa - 43 Spitfire
Etheldreda - 26 Mechanic
Dormio - 25 Battle Mage
Nyancou - 22 Ranger

Probably going to try to get either my Spitfire or Battle Mage to 70 before OBT2 ends once I finish my Elven Knight.

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
*levelling advice*

One more thing about this: Special Dungeons are a fixed 8 FP with the rooms costing nothing, so unless a exp potion is going to run out unless you kill the boss RIGHTNOW you should be fullclearing Specials.

(This only applies to the Specials at Meltdown and Fanatics. All others except Ghent are straight paths and Ghent's Special requires a fullclear anyways.)

Also on the topic of characters, I've been hit by real-life pretty hard so the EK I'm levelling for the challenge is actually catching up to my BM since I usually only have enough time to play one character plus my Exo's ToDespair attempts.

Smashy - Level 70 Hyperion
Smasheh - Level 56 Bellatrix
ripSG - Level 52 Peacemaker
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:08:36 PM by Smashy »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2015, 07:11:39 AM »
Updates from stream:

*Pinky event. Get Pinks more often!

*X3 Legacy Pot event!

*Tau Kingdom level!

Town invasion

*Female Slayer... 'soon'
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:36:41 AM by An Odd Sea Slug »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2015, 01:03:06 PM »
This took a lot longer than it should have because I'm lazy, but I hit 70 on my Elven Knight.

Now, time to get to work on leveling my Spitfire.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2015, 08:16:59 AM »
<Policy>
- Starting date: May 7, 2015 after maintenance
- Characters below Lv.50 (Lv.1~Lv.49) will not be able to sell/buy items from Auction Hall
- All equipment below Lv.50 (Lv.1~Lv.49) cannot be registered to be sold at the Auction Hall
- All ?ingredient? items cannot be registered to be sold at the Auction Hall
(I?d like to ask that the players should get these items through playing the game. We will be monitoring the game and have necessary measures implemented if this seems to be too much of an inconvenience).
<Opening Hours of Auction Hall>
- Auction Hall will open for 48 hours every weekend (Saturday 00:00 ~ Sunday 24:00, UTC)
- Auction Hall will be disabled during the May 7th maintenance, and will open at 00:00 on May 9th, UTC).

DFO new anti-bot policy (source: x)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2015, 11:43:42 AM »
What Trance posted has since been relaxed to allowing materials and minimum level of 30, but update stuff:

They not only gave us Time Gate, but Suju as well. This means all you fixed-damage people (hi Dormio) can get your upgrading on: The Dragon Forge lets you Refine weapons, which is like Reinforcing but it helps fixed out as well. And yeah Time Gate, so level 70-78 dungeons ahoy, dunno if we also got Hell Modes.

Also, Clone Avatars. With stats.  Better get those avatar-perming tickets ready.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2015, 11:56:55 AM »
Hey, I play my Elven Knight too! I really need to get her gear above +11 though.