Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 22 - A chocolate brand collaborated with this game??  (Read 122805 times)

Puzzle & Dragons is an ios/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because then you will be feeding the mighty Juggler-empire lead by the Dark Lord YamaP and his army of really good artists.)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to even lowlier dragons to gods like Saiga (above).  They all have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

Real talk though, the real reason to get into this game is because everyone else here is playing it and has been playing non-stop for the past 2 years :V , and probably won't stop for a long time thanks to the constant updates to the game and its mechanics, balance changes that never directly nerf anything and are mostly focused on increasing the viability of older monsters, and of course the endless addition of new monsters and collabs that are dished out on a regular basis.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a god).  Great starters include any of the Chinese gods, Ares, Bastet, Isis, Idunn & Idunna, Lu Bu, Zhuge Liang, Odin, Kali, Shiva, Sonia, and many others.  Feel free to ask!

If you need more help or just want to discuss the game, we also have a P&D channel on the MotK IRC network in here. Just type your name and go.
For those using IRC clients other than webchat, the channel is #puzzleandlibrarians on irc.ppirc.net.

List of friends + Main Leaders:
Edible: 328,945,274 (Ronia*, Bastet)
hyorinryu: 357.646.299 (Sakuya, Perseus)
Suikama: 348.941.282 (Isis*, Nut*/Ronia/Athena/Whatever)
triangles: 322.456.235 (LMeta*, Santa Sakuya)
Chaore: 344,844,286 (Verdandi, Shiva*)
Yukarin: 394.177.213 (Haku*, LKali*)
Jq1790: 396,049,294 (Athena, B/G Karin)
Pesco: 328 276 294 (Rodin, Ronia)
Dibble: 314,673,283 (Isis, GOdin)
Matsuri: 358,689,277 (Awoken Parvati*, Pandora)
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275 (TAMADRAPurin*, Beelzebub*)
Sacchi Hikaru: 385,394,297 (Horus*, Athena)
rdj: 338,277,280 (AA Lucifer, Athena)
Chirei: 326,404,383 (Leilan*, Skuld*)
commandercool: 312,728,337 (Gabriel*, Awoken Ra*)
Aoshi: 398,822,333 (LMeta*, I&I)
Conqueror: 331,616,320 (DQXQ, I&I)
MoogsParfait: 313,455,268 (Athena, LMeta*)
Dorakyura: 347,957,300 (Nepthys)
Bio: 336,681,244 (Sakuya, Athena)
En: 351,629,319 (Lu Bu*, Haku)
moekou: 329,066,242 (Osiris*, Pandora)
Espadas: 301,335,377 (Ronia, B/G Karin)
Calamity: 331,737,355 (Ronia, Athena)

(Asterisk next to leaders means "hypermax" - +297, max skill)

Topic Archive
Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII
Thread XIV
Thread XV
Thread XVI
Thread XVII
Thread XVIII
Thread XIX
Thread XX
Thread XXI
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 01:31:26 AM by Wardjity of the Nigh, Tsukuyomi »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
SUFFERING

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
BEARER OF THE CURSE.  SEEK MISERY.

commandercool

• alter cool
I did it. It's FINALLY OVER.

That was the hardest thing I have ever done in this game. Now bring on the ultimate with an arbitrarily different skill!
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Responding to this post since the old thread is closed.

2.8M  damages on LKali with what I'm assuming is:

1) A 2x God Enhance from Izanagi
2) Using Fuma active to ensure you have a perfect LKali board
3) Using A.Venus' active to get enhanced light orbs and to match as many Light TPAs as possible

Of course, if you are talking about boss burst, that's all well and good since we can just blow all of the actives on the boss, but i mean, I can do 50% of that damage with just 1 LKali active using A.Ra from the raw multiplier and only 1 TPA. And if I could use Muse, that's x2.5 versus Izanagi's x2.0, which does sometimes makes a difference against bosses with 50% Light resistance or those dumb as fuck 50~75% damage shields. In harder dungeons like Zeus&Hera, Zaerog Infinity, etc. x36 is decent but you will have to take a couple of turns at each boss.

that's just like, my opinion though.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MatsuriSakuragi

The problem is that isn't just 2.8 million. I just added it all up and the grand total of all of that damage (estimated, I had to cut off end numbers bc gungho really needs to fix that)  is around 10.2 million.

And of course you need to do multiple turns on Zeus & Hera. EVERY team short of a gravity burst team does. That's kind of the point of perseverance. And Zaerog Infinity cuts any team's damage by 75% for a turn, so that's also moot. Stall a turn and you'll be fine, he'll drop in one blast of that. Yes, even without Izanagi.

And if light drain is really that big of a problem, just, uh, don't use a light team. Not that it really matters because in most cases I've seen so far light/dark drains only seem to show up in cases where you'd be dealing double damage in the first place with those colors, which makes it just like playing with tricolor attributes.

And if that's not enough, Izanagi isn't the only tool I have on hand, he's just the only one I have leveled up. LKali can also use Sandalphon to deal double damage for two turns and survive with damage reduction so any setup should realistically be fine unless you're being smacked with a fuckoff attack, and Sun Quan is also an option too, which gives you at least three turns to kill (provided the boss isn't immune to delay) and two turns of double damage as well to work with. The vast majority of anything isn't going to stand against that kind of damage unless you really fuck up.

Just because you have A. Ra and multiple LKali doesn't make her inferior as a leader alone for those of us who don't have that. Unless you're talking about rushes and C10 and Ultimate Arena which you'll only be doing with ridiculous teams anyway (unless you're rdj, props on the dragon rush kill bro), in which you're setting a pretty fucking unfair standard in the first place.

That's just like, my opinion though.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Just because you have A. Ra and multiple LKali doesn't make her inferior as a leader alone for those of us who don't have that. Unless you're talking about rushes and C10 and Ultimate Arena which you'll only be doing with ridiculous teams anyway (unless you're rdj, props on the dragon rush kill bro), in which you're setting a pretty fucking unfair standard in the first place.

That's just like, my opinion though.

First of all, the top reason why AA Luci teams face a lot of criticism is because he is very slow and lots of people don't have the amount of patience and strategic thinking that people like Rdj does to be able to clear Rushes etc. with AA Luci or 2/4/2 builds. That doesn't detract from the fact AA Luci builds themselves are one of the top team archetypes for consistent, safe clears of high end content given the correct spread of subs. There are numerous AA Luci and Student Pres. Luci clears of the latest Pii Technical Dungeon which has less RNG dependency than a lot of the so-called ridiculous teams you were referring to. In the first place, LKali is perfectly capable of clearing Rushes. All the quad-color leaders are. I assure you once NA gets access to Zeus&Hera, rdj's pool of content he can clears will be opened up MASSIVELY, Z&H is actually one of the best subs for Luci, he himself does know this and has continuously mentioned this.

Secondly, I was referring to the damage output of the INDIVIDUAL card, not the entire team. Of course if you want to add up the entire damage of the team it still turns out the same way anyway, because naturally if you're referring to the usage of type enhance boosters such as Izanagi / Muse / SQ (for Healer-based LKali) then damage totals are naturally going to spike up, that's just the nature of the beast. At the base it's still essentially the same sort of comparison we're dealing with here. If I applied the Izanagi god-type boost to A.Ra's x100 I'd be doing x200 compared to x72. It is of course unfair to use these multipliers as a metric for comparison because in the first place, A.Ra is a very recent entry into the PAD game whereas LKali is already heading into a year since her release, and her UVO, while very nice, was mostly just a very good bonus to her initial kit compared to A.Ra who, in many cases, is much better than his L/L or L/D counterparts as Ra himself is a very old god.

I have already mentioned in the first place that you shouldn't use A.Ra if you don't have the consistency that LKali brings to the table anyway. I even stopped using A.Ra because I don't own DKali. I'm just mentioning why personally I don't use LKali anymore; back when I was still running her often, Izanagi's x2 burst was not always enough to even one-shot Mephisto in his descended dungeon because most of the time the boards LKali created only gives me 3~5 Light orbs, and because I didn't have Fuma at the time, it was hard for me to compensate. Of course, a lot of high-multiplier spike leads can clear hard end-game content. At this point, we're only discussing which ones have it easier.

I don't know why you're sounding so pissed off at this.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:13:44 PM by tranceHiME »

commandercool

• alter cool
Looks like chocolate collab two has skillups for all of the sticker girls. Almost makes me want to skillup Kano, although I don't have a team for her.

B R T     F O R E V E R

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
...I did not remember HDN was Tengu compatible.  I will have to try that someday.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

shit i think i can actually beat dragon rush

but fucking wood stands in my way once againnnnn

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig

Isn't Threedia your best friend?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool

I'm with you. Nerf wood.

There's a chance I might be able to bash in Threedia, but I would have to get reeeeally lucky from the water skyfalls from Beyzul's orb increase thing. Honestly I might give it a try later, I've got the stamina to burn.

Edit: Okay, I gave Dragon Rush a try. Got Threedia down to ~10% and died. I can definitely beat this, there were a few levels of variability that went against me. On the Tornado Seal turn I got hit with the one-turn bind, but my board had no hearts and I didn't get any skyfalls, so I wasn't able to heal back up to full to reactivate Beyzul. Had I been able to do that I would've been able to kill Threedia for sure. Of course, that requires me to get the one turn bind instead of the two turn, but I also fucked up and didn't activate  my Beyzul on the first turn against the enemy Beyzul, so he took one turn longer to kill than he should have, meaning I didn't go into Threedia with boosted water drops. Had I done that I would've had a chance to skyfall Threedia past his last sliver.

The other thing where I can see different outcomes was against Wangren. I'm a thousand HP under being able to tank him forever, so I could hold off on this until my Beyzul is hypermax, but that seems a little dubious. Or I could try this with an I&I friend, which might actually work but would make dealing with Zaerog a lot harder. I popped Gabriel against Wangren and I ideally should have popped Valkyrie instead, since that would've let me get a bunch of enhanced orbs on Threedia, again one-shotting him cleanly.

Basically, what it comes down to is that I think I have a decent, but not great, chance of beating this. I'm inclined not to try again right now because there are a lot of things I can do with my stamina.

Edit edit: Alternatively, I could farm this if someone would GIMME ANDROMEDA! That would bump my damage high enough I think. And my HP? It would be good.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:59:48 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
Heads up, looks to be Star Vault tomorrow, seemingly later in the day. Tomorrow should be profitable for me between the last few hours of the boosted technicals and Star Vault.

MatsuriSakuragi

Mine's at 10pm. I'm good to go.

(3x normals where.)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Defound's just destroying me. At least I took care of Threedia and Diagoldos. I like to clear at least one new thing every times these challenges come along.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

I FINALLY DID IT

I BEAT A LEGEND PLUS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

I FINALLY DID IT

I BEAT A LEGEND PLUS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pics where

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/bikkuri-man3.html

i am honestly not sure what to make of Twitter voting to give YamaP an ult evo

MatsuriSakuragi

Fatty farming didn't really pay off as much as I hoped. More or less fed everything to Kali and Beelzebub when I should have invested in Perseus/GZL/Sun Quan and so on.

Oh well, at least Kali is max now.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/bikkuri-man3.html

i am honestly not sure what to make of Twitter voting to give YamaP an ult evo

VENGEANCE IS MINE

i need to figure out a twitter avatar for when i send yamap a tweet of him exploding

edit:

you're decidedly not kiriko.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:04:18 AM by Chaore »

1) Ark
2) Moebius
3) Saiga
4) Asmodeus Another
5) another Saiga Not Another (no skillup)

Aside from Moebius I think I can find some use for these. We'll see.

also ezpz dungeon but I think I want to see if Minerva or Athena can take it; probably just need something to deal with Gon Yeye in Minerva's case

edit:

you're decidedly not kiriko.

You all getting Asmodeus... now I want to roll aswell.

MatsuriSakuragi

i bet your next roll will be gold

i bet your next roll will be gold

schrodinger's rem will remain closed until another time in the future

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, I bet I would have pulled three Andromedas in a row if I did more PAD Academy pulls, but they will remain a mystery.

And then I go and look at my Misato and smile. She cost me $20, but I don't regret it. I sure hope your new ultimate is good.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Did a token roll, got Maxius.  For people without good healer boosting options he'd be pretty good, and he's cheap, too, but for someone with both Arcline -and- SQ?  Uh...yeah.  Not sure if I wanna roll again or not.  Might do one more for fun but that'd be the limit.

Edit: one roll became two, and...not sure if RIP or not.

>Kai
>Apollo

They both look like theyd have their uses soI dunno how to feel.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:32:24 PM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!