Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 13: Always evolving to ensure you're always screwed over  (Read 142476 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII

Puzzle & Dragons is an ios/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained occasionally as rewards in-game), which allow increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because you are almost guaranteed to be super frustrated at getting screwed by bad rolls ;_;)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to mighty dragons to even gods like Kali (above).  They all have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare, like a 5-star beastie or a god.  Great starters include any of the Chinese Gods, Ares, Bastet, Horus, Isis, Idunn & Idunna, Hermes, Archangel Lucifer, Odin, Loki, Persephone, Parvati, and many others.  Feel free to ask!

List of friends:

hyorinryu: 357.646.299
Suikama: 348.941.282
SuikamaEX: 396.277.239
Soichiro: 389,177,249
triangles: 322.456.235
Nobu: 389,151,231
Arashi: 361,443,282
Chaore: 344,844,286
Ghaleon: 374,256,217
Labuto: 362,441,209
omgkitties: 301,354,227
Twillsky: 320,059,211
O4rfish: 389,956,257
Mode: 384,458,286
Arcorann: 326,368,215
Yukarin: 394.177.213
Jq1790: 396,049,294
Pesco: 328 276 294
MJP: 370,479,279
Dibble: 314,673,283
Matsuri: 358,689,277
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275
Sacchi Hikaru: 385,394,297
rdj: 338,277,280
Chirei: 326,404,383
En: 351,629,319
commandercool: 312,728,337
Aoshi: 398,822,333
Bonkeror (Conqueror): 331,616,320
Lem: 386.230.369
Espadas: 367,032,362
EspadasEX: 301,335,377

MatsuriSakuragi

Also hey guys when you make new threads for this make sure you aren't hotlinking whatever character pic you're putting in it that's not cool ok thanks

man, Kali sure is... curvy :V

MatsuriSakuragi

she has a considerable rear shelf

I'm just happy I can farm a whole buncha new stones with all the new perm dungeons

[13:47] <~Nadeshiko-Matsuri> someone repost those new updates so we can discuss them

10/6/14 NA Maintenance

Added the following dungeons permanently:

(Unlocked after Ocean of Heaven, unlocks in descending clear order)
-Legendary Dragons (30 Stm, 5 Levels)
-Skydragons (30 Stm, 5 Levels)
-Hera (40 Stm, 1 Level)
-Two Heroes (40 Stm, 1 Level) (Used to be 50 Stm)

(Unlocked after Hill of Iris's Rainbow, unlocks in descending clear order)
-Mechdragons (50 Stm, 5 Levels, equivalent to Legend difficulty with no Chaser invades)
-Whiskey Dragons (50 Stm, 5 Levels, equivalent to Legend difficulty)

(Unlocked after Mythic Stone Dragon Cave)
-Zeus (50 Stm, 1 Level, equivalent to Mythical difficulty)

JP Upcoming Balance Notes here:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=157

discuss

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
If the healer girl drop rates are okay enough I might end up max skilling an Archangel.
Oh god that would be amazing for Zhuge Liang.

If the healer girl drop rates are okay enough I might end up max skilling an Archangel.
Oh god that would be amazing for Zhuge Liang.

I think trance said 30% or something (not sure if weekend boost).

Either way, This is great because Alraune and Archangel are the hardest to skill up. THE DREAM WILL SOON BE REAL

GHFG 4 LYFE

she has a considerable rear shelf

that makes me uncomfterble

Permanent whiskies are really good for me, at least assuming my ~*~not-so-secret plan~*~ ends up working...and if not, hey, max-skill Laphroaig for later.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
I think the RGB whiskey dragons having a 2 turn cooldown is also a big deal. Considering they have ~passable~ RCV, you might be able to get mileage out of Zeus Mercury's leader skill if you only use heart orbs every two turns. :V

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Man, I just realized, these new dungeons finally give me something to dump my stamina on whenever I miss Super Jewel Dragons or something.

It's rather amazing that I get easily attainable Tyrannos (and, to a lesser extent, Horus) skillups right at the end of my Monored's lifetime, I just need Uriel skillups now :V

where are my mystic dragons on technical dungeons gungho

...You do realize that even if you got a Tyran as a drop, you still have to evolve it so the skill matches?

I'd rather just farm Betelgeuse.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
...You do realize that even if you got a Tyran as a drop, you still have to evolve it so the skill matches?

I'd rather just farm Betelgeuse.

Well, you get the legendary and the starter skill-up. So that's 2 skillup sources and it's only 30 stamina for comparable fodder.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

It's only 8k exp and only a rubylit and a dragon plant, which is hardly difficult to acquire, hell, you'll probably get enough experience out of the trash mobs that the dungeon drops.

I'm willing to get red evo masks, two rubylits and 40k+ exp for each of my Horus skillups, so why not dragon plants, one rubylit and 8k exp for my tyrannos skillups, right.

Besides, I've had one starter dragon drop for every run of Legendary Dragons I've done so far, granted, only three runs, but a 100% ratio on 3 runs without the drop boost is a lot higher than pretty much every other dungeon I've ever ran.

Hell, brachio even came as a +egg. In fact, I got three plus eggs out of a single run of Green Legendary Dragon. Though I'm gonna guess that is just lucky on my part.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:27:35 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

MatsuriSakuragi

It's... really not worth the effort either way, aside from personal satisfaction. Starter dragons are just absolutely worthless in the long run.
(honestly if you REALLY want magma breath give it to Muspelheim or Ifrit who actually have passable stats)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:19:44 AM by Matsurara Kasugano »

Mr. Sacchi

I... suppose you're right. This is probably just my attachment to my monored speaking louder than my desire for efficiency.

Which I guess is also why I'm still investing in my monored despite already having my Horus team ready to go.

gungho pls buff starter dragons
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:17:49 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

MatsuriSakuragi

They don't need to be buffed and they're not going to be (they shouldn't be at least). They're called the 'starter dragons' for a reason-- they're not meant to be good. More like something you ditch as soon as you get something better, and I promise you you can find many better monored options than something that is lackluster in every sense. Also, technically you still can go monored on Horus if you go with rainbow subattribute colors.

Mr. Sacchi

They don't need to be buffed and they're not going to be (they shouldn't be at least). They're called the 'starter dragons' for a reason-- they're not meant to be good. More like something you ditch as soon as you get something better, and I promise you you can find many better monored options than something that is lackluster in every sense.

Any non-IAP options? The REM doesn't seem to want to give me any good monored leaders, or at least, not any with a decent attack multiplier (hey uriel your x2HP and rcv is great and all but I can't kill shit with that 1,35x multiplier).

commandercool

• alter cool
Any non-IAP options? The REM doesn't seem to want to give me any good monored leaders, or at least, not any with a decent attack multiplier (hey uriel your x2HP and rcv is great and all but I can't kill shit with that 1,35x multiplier).

Have you considered a Uriel team with Wangren on it? Seems plausible for Gabriel and Beyzul, so maybe it would work with Uriel.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
They don't need to be buffed and they're not going to be (they shouldn't be at least). They're called the 'starter dragons' for a reason-- they're not meant to be good. More like something you ditch as soon as you get something better, and I promise you you can find many better monored options than something that is lackluster in every sense. Also, technically you still can go monored on Horus if you go with rainbow subattribute colors.

Don't see how they can be starters if no one even uses them at the start. They may as well not be in the game considering how much emphasis is placed on rerolling. Shame, because they look  cool :( Icedragon Depth Plesios is one of my favorite arts in the game. They buffed them once with ultimate evolutions after all.

They should buff ripper ults too. They're pretty underwhelming considering they take 2 trifruits. Lilth's farmable too, and she got a bunch of stuff.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

See the thing is that the rippers are actually valid because their skills and stats are actually worth something. They DO need a little push to get them going though.

This isn't like Pokemon where you can stick with your Charmander through the whole game. PAD is cruel and heartless and you need to make the most vicious team possible if you want to survive in the endgame.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Have you considered a Uriel team with Wangren on it? Seems plausible for Gabriel and Beyzul, so maybe it would work with Uriel.
Uriel/Wangren+Shiva is actually more popular than Gabriel/Beyzul+Lakshmi (or I&I) because Shiva offers two row enhances, skill boosts, an orb enhance, etc. etc. and long cooldown isn't a thing to worry about that much because you get 2/4/2 stats until the moment you need 1/12/1.

You have Horus, so that just means you can use that as a sub and get your 1/12/1 game on even earlier. :V

Edit: Also Meteor Volcano Dragon converts dark to red so if you ever land a Ronia or even just use a red dragon fruit you can murder stuff.
Uriel/Wangren/MVD/Ronia/???/Shiva
??? could be Ifrit and totally work. If not for Shiva not having Dragon typing this could be Puzzle and Dragons again.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:05:51 AM by Fast Fanatic »

Last I checked, Cyclone Devil Dragon had pretty darn good attack.

MatsuriSakuragi

Unfortunately the best things are going to be REM (not necessarily IAP, don't get them confused). But let's see:

Honestly your best non-REM bet is going to be Wangren if we're talking straight up monored power. Realistically, Ifrit will serve you well, if you can get the dragon fruit ult (twin star late bloomer dragons all have hero-like leader skills in which you raise a multiplier based on how many orbs you match in one cluster/row). Blazing Sun God Apollo from the ShinraBansho collab will be a worthy sub (or the water alternate ult if you need water for Horus or something). Not quite as good as a leader (but still puts Tyrannos to shame statwise). Paired with a Gigas lead, Goemon will crush shit with a 5x multiplier under 20% HP. Elder Jotunn would be a decent lead as well if you can gather the Keepers of Gold for the ult. Hurricane Volcano Dragon is good if you want fire damage reduction.

Gigas will be a good sub as well, as will Ardbeg. Betelgeuse too, whose skill and stats are pretty good.

Or any assortment of things here that are non-REM. http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?e1=1&r=5,6,7&e=0&ue=0&us=1&s1=7&s2=1&o1=1&o2=1

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Out of what you have, I'd say Goemon is the most plausible. He's really annoying to use though. Can be quite frustrating at times. Course, mine was a "high" RCV build.

EDIT: I'd also reccomending replacing your Raphael with Angelion. in your healer team.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:21:34 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

If not for Shiva not having Dragon typing this could be Puzzle and Dragons again.

I swear one day I will make a viable dragon team composed of actual dragons (sonia counts since she's a half-dragon).

Well, Betelgeuse has both better stats and a lower cost than my Horus, plus he's a dragon so he immediately gets some points with me, he's also easier to skillup since his dungeon is a guaranteed drop (and I would need to wait for more shrimps and Phoenix Invades to skillup Horus), and I also doubt I would need the 5 turn fire orb enhance that Horus can bring to the table so.

Wangren is an interesting thought since he brings both a row and a 2prong to the table, combined with Uriel's row (as well as a possible Shiva's 2 rows) and I think that's plenty of damage. Gigas is a staple on any team that has an Uriel in it as far as I'm concerned, and Echidna is a staple on any team ever, so I guess Uriel/Betelgeuse/Echidna/Gigas/Wangren/Shiva is as good a team as any. So yeah, I guess that's that, I need to get my hands on Ifrit and Wangren first (already have betelgeuse), though, and that means beating Starlight Sanctuary, which means that it will take a while.

Still, nice to know that my current lineup allows for a fairly decent monored team.

@fakeedit

EDIT: I'd also reccomending replacing your Raphael with Angelion. in your healer team.

but but but but but raphael is what inspired me to do that healer team in the first place! D:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:06:02 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I swear one day I will make a viable dragon team composed of actual dragons (sonia counts since she's a half-dragon).

Well, Betelgeuse has both better stats and a lower cost than my Horus, plus he's a dragon so he immediately gets some points with me, he's also easier to skillup since his dungeon is a guaranteed drop (and I would need to wait for more shrimps and Phoenix Invades to skillup Horus), and I also doubt I would need the 5 turn fire orb enhance that Horus can bring to the table so.

Wangren is an interesting thought since he brings both a row and a 2prong to the table, combined with Uriel's row (as well as a possible Shiva's 2 rows) and I think that's plenty of damage. Gigas is a staple on any team that has an Uriel in it as far as I'm concerned, and Echidna is a staple on any team ever, so I guess Uriel/Betelgeuse/Echidna/Gigas/???/Shiva is as good a team as any. The last one would preferrably be Ifrit because another 2 row enhances + same active as Tyrannos (which means, also easy to skillup) would be pretty godlike, I already have the necessary trifruits to uvo him to F/F, too. Plus, dragon.

So yeah, I guess that's that, I need to get my hands on Ifrit and Wangren first (already have betelgeuse), though, and that means beating Starlight Sanctuary, which means that it will take a while.

Still, nice to know that my current lineup allows for a fairly decent monored team.
If you're go with a Uriel Shiva setup, I'm going to heavily reccoment Wangren. Uriel's one of his ideal partners, as thanks to Uriels leader, you'll automatically be full health for his leader. Personally, I think that if you're doing a row team, you're going to want at least 5-6 rows. A setup like Uriel/Wangren/Ifrit/Gigas/Echidna/Shiva wouldn't be too bad. If you want RCV, you can replace Gigas with Homura. I want to stick some more skill boosts in there though.

but but but but but raphael is what inspired me to do that healer team in the first place! D:

He looks cool I know, but that team doesn't really play to this strengths. A full board doesn't do that much damage by itself. To make him really worth while, you going to want an orb enhancer, and I don't know what I would take out of the team for that. If you really want to use him, maybe you can take your team and team up with a Zhuge Liang. you might be able to clear KoG with that.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:53:14 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
so I haven't yet checked what defense will do but
L. Meta/Echidna/Raphael/Valk/Shynee/LZL will apparently just barely OH Zeus in King of the Gods with full burst and without any skydrops. Max level everything but no + eggs.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
From the last thread:
tbh it needs to be more than that if an LMeta team wants a ghost of a chance at descends or something. Since most things in descend dungeons do damage in the high 1x000s, and healers have shit for HP.

Guan Yinping is Healer/Physical with 3000 HP and since she's a descend she will definitely be arriving to NA at some point, the only issue is that she is not at all a suitable color for an LMeta team.

Meanwhile, the Khezu Neko which came from MH4G collab has 2800 HP and is Healer/Dragon, problem is... Well, MH4G Collab, so I've got no clue about the availability in NA - since NA doesn't have Airour de Bazaar, I doubt they are getting this collab. As Thaws said though 1.25^2 HP boost is nothing to scoff at, and this is a welcome buff for higher-levelled players who have hypermaxed LMetas like I know Kumomo does

That said, I actually just ultimate evolved my LMeta so :V

I'm sure this'll be possible at some point, hopefully? Definitely not now though, since most of the strong Dragons aren't actually dragons. I mean sure there's Tigrex Neko but I mean he's not in a collab that's gonna hit NA any time soon or even ever.

Last I checked, Cyclone Devil Dragon had pretty darn good attack.

all the ultimate evolved ripper dragons are serviceable

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Problem is that we need more dragon orbchangers. We have super rare board changes like Sonias, Avalon Drake, and Apocolypse, but getting those isn't that feasible. Your low cooldown orbchangers are pretty much liimted to mystic knights and rippers, neither of which have attractive awakenings and one of them has 15  turn cooldown with no feasible skill-ups.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff