Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 20 - The thread is now Xuanzang, 20 posts or less only  (Read 123179 times)

Puzzle & Dragons is an ios/android puzzle RPG.  It plays like a cross between Bejeweled and Pok?mon.  It's completely free to play, but has premium features through purchasable "magic stones," the game's premium currency (which can also be obtained frequently as rewards in-game), which allow for increased inventory, pulls from a rare egg machine, and more.  If you're patient enough the game gives you enough stones through special events and rewards that you shouldn't need to buy any.  (It's recommended you don't because then you will be feeding the mighty Juggler-empire lead by the Dark Lord YamaP and his army of really good artists.)

You can control monsters from lowly slimes to even lowlier dragons to hilarious monsters like the Extreme King Metal Tamadra (above).  They all have different stats and skills, allowing you to customize your team for any number of purposes.

Real talk though, the real reason to get into this game is because everyone else here is playing it and has been playing non-stop for the past 2 years :V , and probably won't stop for a long time thanks to the constant updates to the game and its mechanics, balance changes that never directly nerf anything and are mostly focused on increasing the viability of older monsters, and of course the endless addition of new monsters and collabs that are dished out on a regular basis.

If you're interested, there's a really useful database of monsters and game info here:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/

A tip for new players: At the end of the tutorial the game will give you one free pull on the rare egg machine.  It's best to "scum" this pull and start over (by uninstalling and reinstalling) until you get something that's really rare (a god).  Great starters include any of the Chinese gods, Ares, Bastet, Isis, Idunn & Idunna, Lu Bu, Zhuge Liang, Odin, Kali, Shiva, Sonia, and many others.  Feel free to ask!

If you need more help or just want to discuss the game, we also have a P&D channel on the MotK IRC network in here. Just type your name and go.
For those using IRC clients other than webchat, the channel is #puzzleandlibrarians on irc.ppirc.net.

List of friends + Main Leaders:
Edible: 328,945,274 (Ronia*, Bastet)
hyorinryu: 357.646.299 (Sakuya, Perseus)
Suikama: 348.941.282 (Isis*, Nut*/Ronia/Athena/Whatever)
triangles: 322.456.235 (LMeta*, Santa Sakuya)
Chaore: 344,844,286 (Verdandi, Shiva)
Yukarin: 394.177.213 (Haku*, LKali*)
Jq1790: 396,049,294 (Athena, B/G Karin)
Pesco: 328 276 294 (Rodin, Ronia)
Dibble: 314,673,283 (Isis, GOdin)
Matsuri: 358,689,277 (Athena, Pandora)
Fast Fanatic: 359,184,275 (TAMADRAPurin*, Beelzebub*)
Sacchi Hikaru: 385,394,297 (Horus, GZL)
rdj: 338,277,280 (AA Lucifer, Athena)
Chirei: 326,404,383 (Leilan*, Athena)
commandercool: 312,728,337 (Reine*, Gabriel*)
Aoshi: 398,822,333 (LMeta, I&I)
Conqueror: 331,616,320 (DQXQ, I&I)
MoogsParfait: 313,455,268 (Athena, LMeta*)
Dorakyura: 347,957,300 (Nepthys)
Bio: 336,681,244 (Sakuya, Athena)
En: 351,629,319 (Lu Bu*, Haku)
moekou: 329,066,242 (Osiris*, Pandora)

(Asterisk next to leaders means "hypermax" - +297, max skill)

Topic Archive
Thread I
Thread II
Thread III
Thread IV
Thread V
Thread VI
Thread VII
Thread VIII
Thread IX
Thread X
Thread XI
Thread XII
Thread XIII
Thread XIV
Thread XV
Thread XVI
Thread XVII
Thread XVIII
Thread XIX
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:19:05 PM by Wardjeity of the Night, Tsukuyomi »

And to start off on a triumphant note:

Thank you for letting me know, crusader!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Buddha.

DQXQ best chinese girl? Discuss
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:57:20 PM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hera-Sol is still super easy :V

Hera-Beorc is still super hard :fail:

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
As soon as I get Pandora's ult evo, Beorc will be a fuckin' joke.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
I barely got by Beorc with BeelzeLuBu again. :c
I just managed to chip out Leviathan, but fortunately Hera Beorc hits for very manageable damage.

I keep getting screwed over by bursting too hard and having no skills up for hades

And even with an Echidna I can still die to time reduce fueled poor combos

I see nothing wrong with Chinese Buddhas. :V

(is that wordfilter gone yet so I can edit that back)

Edible

Yeah I removed those a while ago.

commandercool

• alter cool
Verdandi with GOdin on board handles Beorc reasonably well. You can pop all actives on Hades, handle Leviathan by virtue of being green, and stall on Beorc with your decent recovery to get your skills back if Leviathan's skill bind gets past Verdandi's lock resist.

I think I did have one turn where Beorc would have killed me if she rolled a different skill, but I could have mitigated that with better heart management.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

I dusted off my U&Y team and obliterated most of Beorc with it.  Probably could have polished her off but I dropped a TPA and missed a heart match so I died.  Definitely would have won if my Blodins had been packing triple TPA heat.

Edit: Speaking of which, 2/23 is when JP got Awoken Venus, and ult evos for:

Starter dragons
Son Wukong
Pandora
Blodin
Vritra
Indra

Juuuuust sayin'.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:01:32 PM by Edible »

And that just leaves Himiko for the last tama I need; Cleopatra would require two gravities and the ogres in Ishtar have a water bind I'm not sure I could live through. The damage on the ogres in this dungeon seems a bit high, though...

EDIT: decided to try Ishtar first and whoops everything went better than expected

EDITEDIT: Anu is currently busy, try again later.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:12:35 PM by Wardjeity of the Night, Tsukuyomi »

commandercool

• alter cool
Wow, so apparently the rainbow keeper in Holy Beasts can spawn on a three-turn cooldown. Get dead me. I dropped him pretty far and might have gotten him with smarter orb management, but... Yeah.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Hera Challenge all clear!

Used BeelzeRonia for all except Beorc and Normal Hera, where I used BeelzeLuBu and TAMADRApurin respectively.

I miss using chubby dog.

YEAH GET BENT

All Technicals Clear with Leila- ...wait a second.

dammit... :negative:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:54:37 PM by OverlordChirei »

Edible

Oh no, free stone with good +egg/xp rates :V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Oh no, free stone with good +egg/xp rates :V

Mechdragons are proabably preferred since Moltras can't drop with +s. That said, he should be able to Lelian all of them. Light might be the most difficult, but he has a rei Sirius, so I think he can manage.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

That said, he should be able to Lelian all of them. Light might be the most difficult, but he has a rei Sirius, so I think he can manage.

He'd have to stall for Rei whenever he wanted more than 1x attack, is the thing, since that dungeon is in Karin colors.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
He'd have to stall for Rei whenever he wanted more than 1x attack, is the thing, since that dungeon is in Karin colors.

He also has schooled for that, though. :v

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
What's my best bet for beating up Hera BorkBork for her green orb?  I was able to wait out the absorb on Legend ezmode but I'm not sure that's a legit tactic on Mythical.

Edible

I came very close to beating her with u&y, I suspect lkali could wipe the floor with it, if your lkali team is decent?

commandercool

• alter cool

God dammit. :V

Well, time to go look for those Beach Metatron friends I guess.

I came very close to beating her with u&y, I suspect lkali could wipe the floor with it, if your lkali team is decent?

Wouldn't she have a horrendously bad time by virtue of being white? Or are you thinking she's stall out the absorb?

triangles

Yeah that was my main concern.  I suppose it's decent enough (LKali/LMeta/SQ/Yomi/*, prob LZL for bind resist) but I don't know how realistic waiting it out is.  LMeta team has more HP though but not as much firepower.

commandercool

• alter cool
I would think LMeta shouuuuuld be good to go. I guess it's all down to how hard you can hit Leviathan. You should probably be able to stall out the lock no problem with recovery that good if you can get past Leviathan. Maybe pop a lot of actives and try to conserve as many orbs as you can when you finish off Hades?

Seems to me like there's almost a chance pairing with a white Zhuge Liang might be worth doing. After the initial pre-emptive that you can just heal off with a Metatron active you shouldn't take a hit until Hera, and she's delayable so you can pack Echidna to let you delay and heal up to full for your murderburst. That should give you enough firepower to finish Leviathan I would think, and a little bit of lock resist too. Not great HP though, so I guess stalling on Hera could be troublesome if you get orbtrolled.

Edit: Wait, nevermind, LZL totally doesn't work. I forgot how Leviathan worked. Unless he gives you enough lock resists to keep your skills I guess. But yeah, he damages you every turn, so that's not right.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:11:09 AM by commandercool »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
This is why Legend difficulty sucks for descends, cuz no guaranteed boss drop

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

triangles

ilu LMeta thx for giving the pluses too  :3

Like I suspected, LKali team just didn't have the HP/RCV to stall out the absorb if Hera BorkBork got fiesty and used her full damage attacks instead of the wussy ones.  I did get lucky and got the 40% skillbind resist (thanks LZL and Fuu ahhhhh why did I go so long without using her?) Did get pretty heart trolled though so this attempt wouldn't have been successful had I gotten hit with it.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Doing GK for a LK might not have been the best plan, because I am dumb and bad at planning.