Author Topic: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General  (Read 146617 times)

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Re: Post EVO Blues - Fighting Game General | Tournament Results Up
« Reply #390 on: October 01, 2014, 02:03:53 PM »
Thing is, I haven't seen this "Linne army" at all. In fact, I see way more Merkava, Nanase, and for a time Akatsuki. I've only ever came across one or two Linne.
I didn't see that much Linne either here, I saw a lot of Gordeau though. Everyone can play Gordeau.

I tried Linne for a while, but I changed to Orie because I love her range and her 236A/B, and I just like her more in general. Both are really fast and enjoyable.

I wish Akatsuki wasn't so weak though.

« Reply #391 on: October 01, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »
Everyone can play Gordeau.
you got that right :smug:

hey gpop guess whatgrimreapaaa

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #392 on: October 01, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »
I didn't see that much Linne either here, I saw a lot of Gordeau though. Everyone can play Gordeau.

I tried Linne for a while, but I changed to Orie because I love her range and her 236A/B, and I just like her more in general. Both are really fast and enjoyable.

I wish Akatsuki wasn't so weak though.
Surprisingly, I did see a bit of Gordeau at first but atm that died down and haven't come across one all week. But hey, at least when it first started I learned how to deal with GRIM REAPAH now :V

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
Anyone from EU want to play some Eternal Fighter Zero? Not enough players for this game!

EDIT: Forever messing around in practice mode.
One of the first fighting games I actually enjoy spending time in practice mode.

DOUBLE EDIT: pepeday and Snake Eyez are doing a FT10 at TFC! Not only that but they're also running an Edition Select tournament today, with the main tournaments happening Saturday/Sunday. Here's the stream schedule!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:20:02 PM by Shimatora »

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #394 on: October 16, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »
JOHNNY GAT IS HERE
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #395 on: October 16, 2014, 02:13:47 AM »
dat car is seriously op :V

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #396 on: October 27, 2014, 09:59:06 AM »
Quan Chi announced for Mortal Kombat X.

Now you're thinking in portals...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #397 on: November 24, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
So, two particular people well known in the Street Fighter scene had an interesting rematch today, ten years after an extremely well-known EVO match.

Ken vs. Chun Li, Street Fighter III.

http://kotaku.com/ten-years-later-one-of-gamings-greatest-moments-comes-1662524633
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #398 on: December 06, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Hey guys, this gameplay footage of SF V

The groundbounces
The guard breaks
The activation modes
The environmentals
THE COMBOS

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #399 on: December 08, 2014, 05:24:25 AM »
Well, nobody can accuse it of being a rehash, at least :V

The stage transitions are probably meant to help the game stay more neutral to balance out the new offense stuff.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #400 on: December 08, 2014, 07:13:51 AM »
you get your corner mixups or combos once and the other guy gets another try at not being shoved into the corner of hell.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #401 on: December 08, 2014, 08:18:59 AM »
Hosting an EFZRevival release celebration tournament on the 20th of December at 7:30PM GMT! Details here.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #402 on: December 08, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
I'm more interested in the new stances you see Ryu and Chun-li in, most likely when they're in their "powered up" mode

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #403 on: December 08, 2014, 08:02:56 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB_9UYuZI64

maximilian video. good breakdown of what's in the teaser; does this mean we're getting stuff like Lightning Chun or Fire Ryu?
Sugoiiii~

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #404 on: December 08, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
I think you mean Lightning Ryu and Fire Ken, which makes more sense, unless you're talking about the ability to choose elements to use with the characters (like Arcana Hearts but much more drastic)

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #405 on: December 09, 2014, 02:27:57 AM »
that's exactly what I meant. It'd be like selecting ultras/supers but more drastic.
Sugoiiii~

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #406 on: December 10, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-09/nitro-fighting-game-stars-super-sonico-fate-stay-night-saber/.81976

I'm not usually much for waifu fighters (if I'm going to play something confoundingly technical I prefer something that at least got a wide release), but the Nitro+ game has Ein from Phantom Of Inferno in it. I love Phantom Of Inferno. I will probably buy this. Smooth move marketing, you win this round.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #407 on: December 10, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
I'll probably get it for Saber if it turns out decent in the end. I'm still like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax atm though, almost as much as UNIEL.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #408 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:13 PM »
I'll probably get it for Saber if it turns out decent in the end. I'm still like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax atm though, almost as much as UNIEL.
Aw, I wish we weren't so far apart so we could play a bit. I need to train my Rentaro some more.

As for this Nitro+ game, if the game has decent mechanics, I'll be getting it. Considering it's Examu, I'm pretty optimistic.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #409 on: December 10, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »
Aw, I wish we weren't so far apart so we could play a bit. I need to train my Rentaro some more.
Whereabouts do you live? I still have to wait until my friend gets me my own copy of the game when he returns from Japan in January. I need to practice my Taiga/Enju combo :V

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #410 on: December 10, 2014, 02:28:42 PM »
Whereabouts do you live? I still have to wait until my friend gets me my own copy of the game when he returns from Japan in January. I need to practice my Taiga/Enju combo :V
I'm in Europe, unfortunately. I usually play with my friends when we have free time during our events, but playing with people around here would have been nice.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #411 on: December 14, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »
OK so this thread needs a bump because STREET FIGHTER 5 HOLY SHIT.

You can find a video here of Combofiend playing Mike Ross on the current demo build. There's a lot of interesting stuff in this video which I'll mention, but obviously I'll suggest you watch the video first.

- Seems like stage transitions may be on KO only? Honestly I am happy about this, I didn't like the idea of mid-round transitions. It really defeats the purpose of corner control if your reward for a corner combo is knocking your opponent back to neutral. But the potential to change stage size is also interesting - if you are a zoning character and you're losing the round, it may be good strategy to deliberately die in the corner so you get knocked through and next round you'll have more space to work with.
- I really like the meaty feel of the normals here. It looks like there's proper impact and damage, especially in counter hits. It just looks satisfying to watch, nevermind play.
- Not really getting how the activations work? They're from full bar obviously, but the conditions to get rid of it seem inconsistent? Chun loses her on knockdown in a late round after holding it for ages, but Ryu's wears off very quickly even without getting hit. Is it possible that there are multiple supers, SF3 style, and Chun's one allows her a much more useful activation? It'd also explain why their EX bars are different sizes.
- I enjoyed noodle-head Chun much more than I should have. I just thought something like that was an extremely nice touch. Hell the whole game looked extremely fluid and well-animated. If the actual game is anything like this I'm really looking forward to it!
- The news of Capcom Cup getting huge boosts from Sony also has me excited. Call me e-sports if you want but I like the idea that this game can get bigger and hopefully become a proper event. And come on, man, HALF A MILLION DOLLARS. WHO THE HELL DOESN'T WANT THAT.

oh and as a last note

he's finally back

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2014, 01:56:58 AM »
Besides the hype return of charlie, I've also noticed a few things

- The parry/Just Defend speculations doesn't seem to be true anymore, it looks like the "extended cut" video that made it seem like it are most likely just block animations/effects from blocking Ryu's really meaty medium and heavy attacks, nothing more.

- HOWEVER, I also noticed that sometimes Ryu and Chun-li gets chipped on some normals as well, you can tell when you hear a certain sound effect during the block.

- the guard crush also seems like a Ryu-only thing as well. I noticed that when Chun-li tried to block Ryu's hadouken while in the activation mode, she looks like she got "crushed" but Mike Ross didn't capitalize because he wouldn't have expected it either. Kinda disappointing really.

- Ramen hat confirmed top tier.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:06:32 AM by Gpop »

« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
the ramen hat will revolutionize the disrespect metagame, especially if every stage has an equivalent

now not only can you get perfected, but you can get perfected with style

on the other hand you have the disrespect option select like yeah i may have lost but you still got ramen'd :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2014, 02:06:18 AM »
the ramen hat will revolutionize the disrespect metagame, especially if every stage has an equivalent

now not only can you get perfected, but you can get perfected with style

on the other hand you have the disrespect option select like yeah i may have lost but you still got ramen'd :V
You gotta put all that salt somwhere :V

Also, correction on the blocking thing, it seems that ALL NORMALS will also chip, but instead of chipping away health normally, it creates recoverable health, so if you get chipped by normals, your health can still recover that chipped health. Specials still chips normally, however.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2014, 11:13:44 PM »
LIJoe goes into depth, analyzing and speculating about what we saw in the match in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVeKxgZReGo

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2014, 12:47:33 AM »
I kinda prefer Max's breakdown on the game itself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaGT-mXXUyQ

« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
I kinda prefer Max's breakdown on the game itself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaGT-mXXUyQ

Jesus, that's some detailed breakdown. Kudos to Max.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #418 on: December 19, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
Nitro Blasterz Famitsu Demonstration

I'm just going to go ahead and cry at the concept of another fun looking fighting game that probably wont be ported to PC. ;____;

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #419 on: December 19, 2014, 08:58:12 PM »
Nitro Blasterz Famitsu Demonstration

I'm just going to go ahead and cry at the concept of another fun looking fighting game that probably wont be ported to PC. ;____;

I wanna play this because loli chinese fighter. She looks perfect for me :V