Author Topic: Don't Roll To Dodge - RPG Edition  (Read 98276 times)

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
Don't Roll To Dodge - RPG Edition
« on: January 11, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »
Current Campaign: Alternate Fate
This will be an in-forum RPG game that you play via posting in. There isn't nearly as much luck as Roll To Dodge, and you'll not only be battling, but also exploring, solving puzzles, etc.

How To Signup

Select a class that is unlocked. Post in the thread. Classes and information about them can be found by following this link.

How To Play:

FlamingRok (Blood Mage) (Lv. 5)
HP: 15/15
SP: 5/5
Knowledge: 6/6
ATK: 1 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 6
SPD: 1 | Luck: 5%
Cash: 243 | EXP: 12/100
Inner Shards: 2
Items: Empty

HP: Your health bar. Will change colors when lower in health. If this reaches zero, you'll go to the Underworld.
SP: Stands for "Spell Points". You need these to perform more advanced attacks. If you have zero SP, you'll be stuck with basic attacks.
Knowledge: To equip certain items, you'll need the proper amount of Knowledge. These items can vary to passive effects, to learn new attacks, the effects are limitless! Low Knowledge blocks these opportunities, and Knowledge will level up by one every level.
ATK: Short for "Attack". This determines physical attack strength. The higher the number, naturally, the stronger your attack will be.
DEF: Short for "Defense". This blocks physical damage. The higher the number, the less damage you'll receive.
SPE: Short for "Spell Energy". This acts as both the magic damage output and the magic damage resistance. The higher this number is, the more damage you'll dish out and block (magic wise).
SPD: Short for "Speed". This determines turn order in a battle, and for every five SPD, allows you to move one extra space on the map.
Luck: This determines mainly critical hit ratio and dodge ratio, but may play a part in overworld events as well. This stat cannot be upgraded under normal means.
Cash: The amount of cash you have. No cash means you can't buy anything from stores.
EXP: The amount of EXP required to reach the next level. Though the max will always be 100, you'll always gain less and less everytime you level up.
Inner Shards: These can unlock hidden potential in a person...or so they say.
Items: The items you have. Items that require Knowledge will also be stored here.

Leveling
You can level up in various ways, the most common being EXP. When you do, you can upgrade certain stats.

Gain 5HP/SP.
Boost ATK, DEF, SPE, or SPD by one.

Every five levels, your + stat will boost by one, and your - stat will drop by one (applies only to ATK, DEF, SPE and SPD)

Overworld
On the overworld, you'll have three actions (unless your SPD says otherwise, or a specific Knowledge ability allows for more). In towns, these actions will be automatically going to a specific location, but outside of towns, you'll have the option of these following actions.

Move: Move one square adjacent to yourself.
Use an Item: Does exactly what it says; uses an item.
Use an Attack: Uses an attack on the overworld. This may be useful for ranged characters.
Examine: You can examine the area. Sometimes you'll find items, and other times, you'll encounter an enemy. Or maybe you won't find anything, y'know.

Combat
While in combat, you'll only have one action per turn (unless a specific Knowledge ability allows for more). Some of these actions differ from the Overworld, but others are similar.

Attack: Does the specified attack.
Item: Uses an item.
Defend: Boosts defense by two or doubles defense; whichever is higher, for one turn.
Run: Attempts to retreat from the battle. If you fail this action, your turn is still over (unless you attempt to run from a boss, in which case, you simply can't run no matter what).

Underworld
When you reach zero HP, you'll go to the underworld, and have your HP restored. Here, you have two options; fight your way out of the Underworld, or pay all your cash and half your EXP to leave without battling. If you die inside of the underworld, you'll simply be forced to pay all your cash and half your EXP, and will respawn at the closest hospital. If you manage to fight your way out of the Underworld however, or pay willingly, you'll respawn back at the same spot you died on the overworld. You cannot gain Cash in the Underworld, and any EXP normally earned will be given at the end of the Underworld (there are a few exceptions, but we'll get into those later). The Underworld will get larger and more difficult everytime someone enters it (you could say it levels up).

That sums up everything you need to know at the moment. I can begin when at least two or more players have signed up.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:22:20 AM by FlamingRok »

Re: Don't Roll To Dodge - RPG Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 04:21:49 PM »
/in
Archer, just to relieve the good ol' days of grinding in classic unadulterated four-class MapleStory.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:56:24 PM »
/in as Blood Mage. Glass cannonry ftw o/
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

FlamingRok

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »
Let us begin in this alternate reality adventure (new players may still join in at anytime)!

aUsernameIsFineToo (Archer) (Lv. 1)
HP: 10/10
SP: 10/10
ATK: 1 | DEF: -1 | SPE: 1
Cash: 100 | EXP: 0/100
Inner Shards: 0

Raitaki (Blood Mage) (Lv. 1)
HP: 5/5
ATK: 1 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 2
Human Village Turn 1

(This is a town, so you don't need to use the "Move" action. Just specify where you want to go.)

Next Update: When both players post or 24 hours.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
Mmm... dat SNES-style sprite art...

As with any RPG of this kind, let's talk to the girl with the eyepatch? near the building to my left. She might have important information to give. Also, acknowledge the existence of and greet the possible ally standing to my right.

Is this the view of an actual game, or did you make this in something like RPG-Maker?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 05:37:58 PM »
/in as Healer Mage.

Going out into the world without a healer? FOR SHAAAAME.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »
First, greet my new buddy(?) in kind, then let's do some poking around and check out the palace(?) on the right!
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

FlamingRok

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 06:07:47 PM »

Kasu (Healer Mage) (Lv. 1)
ATK: 0 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 1
aUsernameIsFineToo heads over to the woman with an eyepatch to attempt to scrounge some information.
"The guards in this village have gotten much more restrictive...they aren't letting anyone leave the village, unless it's towards the tower, until information about the tower has been found. I had attempted to resist this rule, but because of my actions, they had stabbed my eye...the pain was excruciatingly awful..." She starts to shiver, and you don't believe you're getting much more information out of her.
Kasu, a Healer Mage, has entered the world of Gensokyo!
Raitaki heads towards the large building, and discovers it's a library. Apparently they got a lot bigger of a budget...you attempt to enter the library, but you find out that right now, it is closed.
Human Village Turn 2

(This is a town, so you don't need to use the "Move" action. Just specify where you want to go.)

Next Update: When all players post or 24 hours.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 06:30:01 PM »
> Check out the place with the bright blue roof.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »
"Well, um... That's good to know..."
Talk to the man/woman in the suit of armor standing at the left edge of the village.

Also, wave at the newcomer. It's always nice to set up mutual relations with those that might be helpful later on.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 07:04:35 PM »
Greet the convenient replacement for consumables healer. Then let's check out the building with the urn-thing on its sign.

FlamingRok

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 07:19:05 PM »

Knowledge: 1/1

Kasu heads to the northern building, and reads the sign on the door. "Gambling Hall: Currently closed for renovations."
aUsernameIsFineToo proceeds to see what is with the guards. "Halt, citizen! You do not have permissions to enter through this exit. But...if you decide to explore the new tower up north, I may consider letting you past." Turns out what the woman said was correct.
Raitaki, after finding out that the library is closed, goes to her next location; the shop.
"Welcome! We don't have much in stock right now, but feel free to browse!" (Images for said items will be up later on)
Apple (20 Cash): "Coming in fresh for the season!" Heals 5HP upon use.
Blueberries (20 Cash): "Also fresh for the season! This year in particular has been good for crops." Heals 5SP upon use.
Donut (25 Cash): "Pretty tasty, actually." Heals 1HP and 1SP to entire party upon use.
Plastic Sword (50 Cash): "Kids love these, though they aren't very practical." Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts ATK by 1 (Passive).
Cardboard Shield (50 Cash): "These also are popular with kids." Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts DEF by 1 (Passive).
Plastic Wand (50 Cash): "Little girls fantasize about becoming a magical girl." Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts SPE by 1 (Passive).
"Exercising For Dummies" (50 Cash): "If you just can't find a way to get motivated, this is a good book!" Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts SPD by 1 (Passive).
Human Village Turn 3

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:42 PM »
(I'm a guy darn it ; v; )
Let's grab a Plastic Wand and equip it, pretend consumables don't exist then wait near the north exit for everyone. Let's get going once everyone's ready.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »
Join in go! Shape of; a bucket of water a Warrior! (It looks like a front-liner is needed. I accept this challenge!)

>Catch up to and greet fellow party members!

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
SUDD/inLY, FIGHTER

> Be next to the well.  I was totally just standing there the whole time, but was invisible due to plot importance.  Clearly.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
> Buy a plastic wand at the shop and equip it. Then greet everyone.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
"I understand... Though right now doesn't seem like the best time to leave the village. Perhaps I shall venture out and explore this tower you speak of after I am through with my preparations."

With that said, Head into the shop and buy the following:
  • 1 Cardboard Shield
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Blueberry

Equip the shield and wait near the north exit as well.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
/in the bookworm

>Try to go north.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 08:36:42 PM »
Hark! A thief /in the night!

>Find yourself near the well, because you thought you spied a pretty penny on the edge.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 08:43:39 PM »
/interesting! I shall be a Sprinter!

>Warm up for MAX SPEED
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

FlamingRok

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »
Large update incoming.

Knowledge: 0/1
ATK: 1 | DEF: -1 (0) | SPE: 1
Cash: 10 | EXP: 0/100
Items: Apple: Heals 5HP upon use.
Blueberries: Heals 5SP upon use.
Cardboard Shield (50 Cash): Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts DEF by 1 (Passive) (Equipped).

ATK: 1 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 2 (3)
Cash: 50 | EXP: 0/100
Items: Plastic Wand (50 Cash): Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts SPE by 1 (Passive) (Equipped).

ATK: 0 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 1 (2)
Cash: 50 | EXP: 0/100
Items: Items: Plastic Wand (50 Cash): Need 1 Knowledge Point to equip. Boosts SPE by 1 (Passive) (Equipped).

an unmatched sock (Warrior) (Lv. 1)
ATK: 2 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 0

Smashy (Fighter) (Lv. 1)
ATK: 2 | DEF: -1 | SPE: 1

bigyihsuan (Bookworm) (Lv. 1)
HP: 15/15

Patorikku (Thief) (Lv. 1)
SPD: 2 | Luck: 5%

LaserTurtle (Sprinter) (Lv. 1)
ATK: 1 | DEF: 0 | SPE: 0
SPD: 2 (4) | Luck: 5%

Raitaki purchases a Plastic Wand, equips it, and goes to the north exit of the village, but doesn't leave. He instead chooses to wait for everyone else.
an unmatched sock has materialized into the world of Gensokyo! Afterwards, (s)he immediately goes north to greet everyone.
Smashy has materialized into the world of Gensokyo! (S)He claims to have been at the well the entire time...
Kasu also purchases a Plastic Wand, equips it, and meets everyone else at the northern exit.
aUsernameIsFineToo purchases a Cardboard Shield, an apple, and blueberries. (S)He equips the Cardboard Shield and also heads to the northern exit.
bigyihsuan has materialized into the world of Gensokyo! (S)he goes all the way north, and bypasses the others, waiting at the exit.
Patorikku has materialized into the world of Gensokyo! (S)he thought (s)he'd found a shiny penny at the well, but was mistaken...
LaserTurtle has materialized into the world of Gensokyo! (S)he then uses he(r) ability, Warm-Up, and has their SPD stat boosted for two turns!

Human Village Turn 4

Path To Tower Turn 1

(Hope I covered everything there.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:00:47 PM by FlamingRok »

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 10:18:41 PM »
Notice that there's three others waiting nearby and ask them a question:
"Should we wait for the sudden newcomers to get ready, or do you guys and gals think the four of us are enough?"
If everyone there decides to go ahead, follow them toward the north. Should they decide to wait and gather more party members, have some patience and wait around for a while.

Damn... That soundtrack goes so well with the imagery that I can't help but think of PC98 Ys 1 and 2...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:07:29 PM by aUsernameIsFineToo »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 10:33:03 PM »
> Shrug at the archer's question and just head north to the tower.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »
> The town's not offering much right now. Hey, wasn't there some tower up ahead. Head north to the town exit, and should there so happen to be people also going there, greet them and follow their lead.

(A male am I)

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 11:02:32 PM »
Wave at the influx of people, then go north and examine the suspicious pond under the tower.

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 11:42:30 PM »
(He)

(Assuming Fighter doesn't have any equip restrictions because it sounds like a Monk-type) Buy some apples, a Cardboard Shield to equip, and meet up with the blob of people heading north to the tower, while waving back at them.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 12:25:41 AM »
/in as a Healer Mage (female)

>Let's hit up the village for some information.
> Buy some supplies like  5x Potions 1x Armor 1x Gem Wand 1x Buckler (Can healers equip shields?)
> Greet the others up North: "Hello I'm MewMewHeart just call me Mew though I'll help out as best as I can... although please don't treat me as a meat shield or sacrificial lamb!"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 12:44:52 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 12:33:55 AM »
>"Greetings, everyone! You may call me Sock, and I shall be the fighting face of this party." Immediately note others carrying gear. "...As soon as I get outfitted. Be right back!"
>Go to store, purchase: 1x Shield, 1x Sword, 1x Breastplate, 2x Boots (as in 2 individual boots to make a pair), Food items (at least one basic Apple)
>RNG has decided that I am male this game.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 02:03:51 AM »
>Equip speedy dagger. If not available, buy speedy dagger from shop and equip it
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 03:33:01 AM »
I'll be a Robot (outlet) who will make /innuendos when speaking.

>Spend everything on donuts.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:35:13 AM by The Hating Hater »