Author Topic: Gensokyo Holy War Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 64206 times)

Re: Gensokyo Holy War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #360 on: April 05, 2013, 10:48:41 PM »
How about instead of trying to wring information out of my that scum could really use right now, we could lynch scum.
This is really starting to piss me off.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #361 on: April 05, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
So, the realistic odds of the Zakeri lynch considering that fact?

I still would rather lynch Zakeri. Especially after IHNN claimed and he refuses to do so.

Zakeri getting to L-1 means he's ahead of IHNN in the wagons and someone from the other side will have to move over to secure the lynch.

I think people should have the right to be cagey about their role without being implicated as "omg clearly making up a fakeclaim". `_`

He coulda just outright said he's not going to claim instead of being all dodgy about it. And really, if he gets lynched today, it won't actually matter what role he is, if any.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #362 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
Let's not play "will the mod count it?" and hammer the lynch already.  Fuck.
Yes let's lynch Zakeri.

Seriously, why is anyone even voting me at this point?  What are the actual reasons?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #363 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »
10.5 minutes!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #364 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote IHNN

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #365 on: April 05, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »
Well fine.
#Vote IHNN
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #367 on: April 05, 2013, 10:50:16 PM »
HAMMER SHUT YOUR SEWER HOLES

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #368 on: April 05, 2013, 10:59:22 PM »
> MotK in charge of lynching someone with a double-digit number of minutes left in the day
> Edible in charge of not getting pissed off by greentext outside of 4chan

Postlude

Serela (1): BT
Raikaria (1): Affinity
I have no name (7): Shadoweh, Edible, Zakeri, Schezo, Dormio, Polaris, Raitaki
Zakeri (4): Pesco,  Raikaria, Serela, IHNN
Not Voting (0)

I have no name, playing Shou Toramaru, lost her head!

Character: Shou Toramaru (Buddhism)
Alignment: Town
Role name: Vanilla Townie
Role abilities: N/A

It is now Night 1. All who have night actions have 24 hours to send them in.

Reminder: Please do not discuss the game at night unless you have explicit permission to do so.

Kilgamayan

• True
Re: Gensokyo Holy War Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #369 on: April 06, 2013, 12:38:06 AM »
Lecithul has replaced Affinity. Welcome to the game, Agent Tanya!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #370 on: April 06, 2013, 09:36:28 PM »
FEI I am at a church function this evening (how apropos) where a music program starts at 7. I will try my best to update as normal, but there may be a small delay. Apologies in advance if so.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #371 on: April 07, 2013, 12:35:03 AM »
An eerie hush fell over the congregation. Perhaps they had suddenly remembered that violence was a sin...?

No one died during the night!

It is now Day 2. With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have 72 hours to vote. Happy hunting!

EDIT: And before anyone asks, there will not be a second lynch today.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:42:50 AM by Kilgamayan »

Raitaki

• 雷滝
Re: Gensokyo Holy War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #372 on: April 07, 2013, 01:59:05 AM »
Meep
WeekendLoLrush for the next 2 hours or so; will reread again and maybe build some sort of case as soon as I stop feeling like playing LoL (or sleeping or being dragged to church against will)

We've got a lucky night it seems. And what second lynch...?
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

« Reply #373 on: April 07, 2013, 03:19:38 AM »
I still disagree with everything Schezo said, but it's only one point against him, and I'm not gonna continue pushing ED1 cases alone.

The wagon building on NNR looks bad and filled with fake rage. The accusation that he's not willing to play fall completely flat when his posts made sense up to that point. NNR could have just copy and pasted his own posts wholesale without capitalization and fulfilled the condition Pesco gave to clean it up. I apologized yesterday because it looked good on a surface level, but I looked closely at it overnight and figured out why I didn't like it at all. There was a point where it stopped being telling NNR to not be anti-town and became a point where it's just making NNR mad enough that he would want to suicide/get modkilled.

Quote from: Pesco
Is NNR scumhunting? Refer to Edible's reason to stay voting him and you'll see a no.
Is NNR being helpful to town? We have a time limit and he'd rather take a leave from the game for a while, so that's a no too.
The second half of this in particular is suspect. Pesco basically wound NNR up so tightly that NNR couldn't even look at the game anymore, and he's trying to paint this as scum-activelurking style.

Even with this read I don't think Edible is scum, and he's definitely not scum if Pesco is.
##Vote: Pesco
On top of the above, he also needs to provide reads on people other than me. Aside from that, and the above with NNR, his posts have been  mostly banter.

Polaris needs to post a lot more today, and also more about Serela in case he still thinks Serela is scum. Serela hasn't actually struck me as scum yet (Though, now that I think about it, he hasn't struck me as town yet either and that usually happens quickly and often). The rest of the scum seem to be hiding in the lurkers (And maybe replacements?)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #374 on: April 07, 2013, 03:50:02 AM »
We've got a lucky night it seems. And what second lynch...?

- NEW! Whenever town or scum forgoes their faction kill (the lynch, in town's case), the other faction gains a bonus faction kill to be used during the next phase only. This bonus kill, if not used, will not be given back to the first faction in the sequence.

Basically, we need to secure a lynch every day or else scum will get a second kill.  Conversely, if scum chooses not to kill I suppose we get a second lynch.

Kilga's phrasing implies that scum's kill was unsuccessful last night, not that they chose not to use it.

Moving on.

Still not quite sold on scumZak, but I'm considering it.  Post-RVS jokevote is largely meaningless.  Jump on Schezo here seems flaky.  Actually puts effort into subsequent posts.  Flakes out when asked to claim, but that could mean any number of things (more of them bad than good; that sort of indecision is a net negative for town).

Happy with Schezo, happy with BT.  Still think Raikaria and Schezo were townie slapfighting, though I'm more sold on Schezo town than Raikaria town.  BT's knife-edge clear on IHNN yesterday renders him either obvtown or extremely clever scum.

Polaris posted a whole lot of nothing helpful yesterday.  Hopefully he comes out of his shell today, or else he's getting rope.

Something about Dormio seemed off to me, so I reread him.

Easy jump on Raikaria's wagon as his first real content; vote has no real explanation.  This feels like a whole lot of nothing, basically saying stuff to get off the clock.  Claims heavy scumread on Zakeri here but follows up with a vote on his much weaker-sounding IHNN logic two posts later.  Extremely sketchy.  Says he doesn't buy the case on Serela but had never mentioned him prior to this post.

Really not liking what I read.  Enough to...

##vote Dormio

I think Zak's point on Pesco has a little merit, but I can buy Pesco's rage at NNR.  The latter pretty clearly was looking out for his own self-interest and not his wincon, whatever it was.  Anti-gamesmanship is a huge red flag for both of us, so that's a null tell for me.

I would like to see some more analysis from Pesco though.  And the rest of the players, for that matter.

« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2013, 04:07:50 AM »
##Vote Serela

First off I would like to formally accuse Serela of lurking.

Secondly, the whole him voting Affinity and then wagoning on Zakeri is totally weird. He says he would join a Zakeri wagon but has no intention of starting one, instead opting to vote Affinity randomly ?_? It's something like he was cheerleading the Zak wagon while putting a safe vote on low-content Affinity. I feel like Serela has no opinion and keeps constantly changing his opinions because he is scum that cannot have town opinions.

Serela's scum meta is also extremely obvious which is the reason why I voted him for gut (I mentioned the tone in his posts earlier which I realized was essentially his scum meta). Also Serela why do you not acknowledge my existence. Am I invisible to you.

Affinity could very well be scum since I think low-content Affinity equals scum Affinity, and I can see Serela bussing him at a point when there was no danger of lynching Affinity at that point. Let's see how Lecithul does today `_`

Raikaria keeps regurgitating other people's words and it's kind of gross. Like there was that whole "stalling makes you look scummy!!!!!" thing that he figured he had to repeat near the end of D1 towards Zak even though it was stated several thousand times earlier. And the part where Raikaria pushes the chainsaw thing on Serela for several thousand posts when it was Schezo or someone who originally brought it up. I don't think it's necessarily scummy on its own but I'm mentioning it now for future reference.

This post seems a bit scummy though. Raikaria what made you suddenly decide that Serela was less of a priority?

« Reply #376 on: April 07, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Raikaria is this your first scum game or have you played as scum before?

« Reply #377 on: April 07, 2013, 04:32:41 AM »
I'm bored enough to make another post.

Leaning town on NNR/Raitaki but I'd like to wait for more from Raitaki for now.
Null on Schezo and Pescedible. I've barely, if ever, played with those three so I really can't make immediate judgment but if I wanted to be optimistic I guess I can say that they're town. Shadoweh looks town too but I sort of glossed over her posts sorry Shadoweh
Dormio is... actually my first thought was that Dormio was town Dormio but suddenly I feel less certain. Dormio why do you do this to me
Zak is totally cool and is my bff. Serela would have been my bff if he wasn't being so lame >:<
BT is prob my strongest town read so far hurray

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2013, 04:41:48 AM »
It's something like he was cheerleading the Zak wagon
but no one was voting zak ???
I voted one person with 0 votes on them over another with 0 votes, with like 6 hours left in the day for stuff to change, so

I don't know why it's so weird that I didn't respond to your vote on my considering your -only stated reason was gut-, I mean, what do you except me to say, you need to eat more yogurt?

Anyway I'm only saying this because I feel like I should respond to Polly before I go to bed, I'm going to actually try to have a real post when I wake up before I go to work tomorrow morning (Probably won't have any time for a comprehensive reread or anything, but, I can at least like, vote someone I think is scummy `-` Like Zak cough cough)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #379 on: April 07, 2013, 04:46:00 AM »
saying low-content affinity is scum affinity is also really off like srs
affinity -replaced out- because he can't play mafia right now
so wut?

Actually when I think about it Polly seems pretty bad, didn't he spend all of d1 voting me for :gut: and then d2 we've got this post full of stuff that I'm not agreeing with (the rest is waffle on raikaria; "this is gross! Oh well actually it's not that bad. Oh but THIS is kind of bad?") and his actual scumreads are ???? "Serela's scum meta is obvious and that's why I used gut as my reason"
##Vote Polaris
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #380 on: April 07, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »
You didn't need to respond to my vote in D1, you just needed to acknowledge my existence, like "hi polly how are you" :v

and don't just say "his actual scumreads are ???" seeing as I just listed three people in my first post

« Reply #381 on: April 07, 2013, 04:50:23 AM »
or was I not clear that those were my scumreads because those are my scumreads.

« Reply #382 on: April 07, 2013, 04:52:05 AM »
I am probably being unfair to Affinity though since I don't know the circumstances so sorry Affinity.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #383 on: April 07, 2013, 04:54:23 AM »
No I don't mean you don't have any

I mean they provoke a "???" response as to what they actually are

>Affinity looks like lurky scum (Affinity replaced out d1 because he can't play, so this read makes no sense)
>Too many points against me to one-sentence but I responded to them all in the past 10 minutes or something so
>Okay actually the Raikaria thing doesn't look as bad now that I read it again, really I'm so tired right now and I shouldn't be posting in mafia but for some reason I can't go to sleep
I'd be more worried about what I'm doing except d2 just started so it's not like it's a big deal if I wake up and decide I was being bonkers last night
actually I really probably should have waited until then in the first place, I'm going to try to fall asleep again ##Unvote

« Reply #384 on: April 07, 2013, 04:59:46 AM »
And yeah, nobody was voting zak, but since you acknowledged that there was support for a zak wagon it's weird why you would decide to go for a totally unsupported affinity wagon especially when you were going on about consolidation.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #385 on: April 07, 2013, 06:04:48 AM »
Eugh. Zak - capitalizing on NNR taking a break after he submitted to "your fault" deserves scrutiny but I don't think it's something I haven't seen before. Considering this is your only point, what about the rest of Pesco's play? Why is Edible less scummy for tagging along and why is he "definitely" not scum if Pesco is? Why did you focus on the NNR wagon and not the IHNN wagon (at all) when the same people ended up on it / for it anyway? Do you think it was town-motivated or not?

Edible, the post you quoted that "feels like a whole lot of nothing" is what made me townread Dormio because it's extremely alike how I felt. It doesn't seem like he just stockpiled reasons to vote Raikaria (I guess you're assuming he's town here) but rather got them naturally and him suspecting the "normal" survivalist mentality as fake is exactly what went through my mind as well - because, well, it felt fake. I think Dormio is more of an easy vote than scummy at this point and I don't get why you completely forget about people like Serela - feels odd that you'd focus on the main characters of last day and Dormio who has just about the same level 'tier' of participation as Serela, and not anyone else of the same 'tier' (Serela, NNR/Raitaki, Affinity/Lect, possibly more but they're [duh] inactive and looking at the playerlist is hard), or something like that. Oh yeah, there's Shadoweh. What about Shadoweh?

Polaris's post(s) I do like. I think Dormio got lazy with the IHNN vote (I remember thinking it was bad too) but let's see what he produces right now.

##Vote Serela

What happened yesterday?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #386 on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:06 AM »
Dormio why do you do this to me
Because hats.
Anyway, I dunno.

##Vote Zakeri

Yeah like I said earlier in D1 I'm not liking the reasoning behind voting Schezo and after reading it multiple times I still don't see it as anything but scummy.
I don't see why you bother to press Rai's claim that we should be aiming for lurkers, especially considering people are still arguing in the last mafia game about punishing bad play to prevent intentional bad play.
This statement, as I said yesterday, bugs me a lot.
It basically looks to me like a really bad attempt to press something on Schezo that isn't there.
And by going after a target that most of the other people at the time thought was townie probably it basically gives the impression that Zakeri is doing something meaningful and trying to contribute which in turn makes him look townie.
Except I think it's faked.
Zakeri's reasoning here isn't even about the current game of mafia, it's based around an argument regarding gameplay.
Zakeri follows this post up later with the following:
The way I see it, Raikaria is putting in what looks like town effort to me, and Schezo is trying to press a lynch on him because the town effort is misdirected. This isn't something that I feel a townie would do. Not town = scum, thus voting Schezo.
I dunno about you but this looks like complete bs to me.
"Town effort" are the key words here that makes me feel that this is completely pulled out of a hat to give the impression that Zakeri is doing something unique and ~contributing~ by making this wonderful case on Schezo.
Especially when he says that he thinks that BT's vote on Raikaria seems reasonable when the bulk of it is focused around how BT thinks that Raikaria's effort is simply there to say that he's being townie when he isn't.
If BT's vote is reasonable shouldn't that at least make Zakeri question the "town effort" that he sees oozing out of Raikaria's posts?
Also, something seems off to me about Zakeri's #179 where he asks BT about why he reads IHNN as town when Zakeri himself said in the previous post that he was just sheeping Swadomeh and Bledibleh for his IHNN read. I mean what's he looking for here? I dunno it bugs me.
Also, considering this:
My case (and spiritual vote) Is on Schezo right now. If you want me to be committed, I could switch back to him.
The following bugs me too.
I still disagree with everything Schezo said, but it's only one point against him, and I'm not gonna continue pushing ED1 cases alone.
I dunno.

Eh, TBH I kind of want a replacement because I want to use my free time on hats (I blame TSO) but since there are already so many replacements I'll just sit it out.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #387 on: April 07, 2013, 06:57:20 AM »
##Vote Zak

Firstly, you stalled on the claim yesterday. We have no clue as to why you're even alive. Since there was a protect and it did succeed, I don't think it would have made a difference if you claimed and you were the one protected. But as that's not the case because you didn't claim and give any reason to keep you alive, I won't rule out the possibility of you still being scum.

Secondly, your votes all day were parks. None of them were you making a commited stance. Today you want to push me but you should be quite aware of how weak it is.

Even with this read I don't think Edible is scum, and he's definitely not scum if Pesco is.

Tell us why this is logic? What excludes Edible from being scum and how does that even matter when he's the one that's been following @Pesco?

Other people that deserve rope and I want to talk about at the moment: Polaris.

Straight up zero scumhunting and lolwagonjump at the end of the day onto IHNN. Switching to secure the wagon doesn't cut it. It's nice and all to throw a blanket statement that there's more scum on Zak's wagon, but who are they? No accusations means no accountability.

This bit is relevant to my Zak vote and it starts with the Serela vote being crap. Using meta to justify it speaks for itself at how much asspull he's doing. Recall Polaris has been parading that there's scum on the Zak wagon. If he's accusing Serela of being scum for using what I pointed out i.e. nobody being willing to commit to voting Zak, that's a few things being implicit. One, there's an acknowledgement that I'm town. Since he calls Zak his bff, a town read I assume, he'll need to eventually to take a stance on me. Calling me null leaves him room to swing however he wants. Given what's he's been calling scummy so far, I think he should be finding me leaning scum than null with hopeful town. Two, Serela and Edible should be under suspicion for the similar kind scummy for agreeing with other people. Why is Serela scum and not Edible? The only difference that I can recall is Edible having not voted Zak. All this happened before the claim stall, so what actions have been different between these two that they are not both suspicious?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2013, 07:15:10 AM »
##Vote Serela

First off I would like to formally accuse Serela of lurking.

I do not think you are in much of a position to do that, Polaris.

Raikaria keeps regurgitating other people's words and it's kind of gross. Like there was that whole "stalling makes you look scummy!!!!!" thing that he figured he had to repeat near the end of D1 towards Zak even though it was stated several thousand times earlier. And the part where Raikaria pushes the chainsaw thing on Serela for several thousand posts when it was Schezo or someone who originally brought it up. I don't think it's necessarily scummy on its own but I'm mentioning it now for future reference.

This post[/url] seems a bit scummy though. Raikaria what made you suddenly decide that Serela was less of a priority?

Events happening at the time in general. You and Zakeri just became more important lynches. You for lack of contribution, and Zakeri for the same point, as well as a couple of things in your behaviors throughout the game as well that I found odd.

Just because someone else thinks of a point first, or I agree with it, does not mean I am simply regurgitating. Besides, there have been a couple of points I've thought up for myself.

If the stalling thing had been repeated several thousand times earlier, and I repeated it once, why not focus on the ones who felt the need to repeat it 'several thousand times'?

Raikaria is this your first scum game or have you played as scum before?

I have played scum before. Magical Madness Mafia.

but no one was voting zak ???

I was.

===

Anyway, time to bring up a few things from the end of D1:

Postlude

Serela (1): BT
Raikaria (1): Affinity
I have no name (7): Shadoweh, Edible, Zakeri, Schezo, Dormio, Polaris, Raitaki
Zakeri (4): Pesco,  Raikaria, Serela, IHNN
Not Voting (0)

1: Raitaki says he will hammer IHNN if need be. Polaris then shows up and votes IHNN for no apparent reason. Could be scum hopping on a townie lynch which a 'If I have to hammer...' was expressed. Of course, could be 'Last 10 mins' thing too, but worth pointing out. 

2: Doubt there is much in Raitaki's behavior to read. He just joined, and seems neutral as such. In fact, his analysis of Zakeri's situation and the likelihood of him claiming seems good. Also he's said multiple times before that he thought IHNN is the best lynch.

3: Schezo is pushing REALLY hard for IHNN's lynch. IHNN flipped town.

4: Shadoweh was buddying Zakeri pretty much all of thetime Zakeri was being voted.

5:
##Unvote
##Vote IHNN

This is Dormio's post for voting IHNN and flipped from Zakeri to IHNN for no apparent reason. He quotes his own earlier post, saying IHNN #'90 is a thing, because 'absolutely nothing' is said in it, which implies nothing of value too. This is at post 250+, and IHNN has posted since then. Dormio proceeds to ride the wagon and lurk pretty hard the rest of the day.

His remaining posts:

Eh, I'm not really convinced by the notion that Selery is scum so yeah.

More things without *~reasons~*. Note Serela is a wagon aside IHNN at the time.

Man Raikaria needs to stop taking absolutely everything at face value.

Not content

Dormio voted a townie for an unexplained, strange reason and rode the wagon all the way.

Also he gave no reason for jumping off me onto IHNN. So, Dormio, what suddenly changed your mind?

6: Funnily enough Shadoweh parked her vote since #154. Also, look. Does Shadoweh actually give a reason? Shadoweh just calls it the vote she wanted since the start, and her reasons are *riding NNR wagon*. OK, but I voted NNR too, and you were voting me before Shadoweh. So what about that made IHNN a better lynch than me? That's right folks. Shadoweh was sitting on a 'RVS' riding the IHNN wagon all game.

Want Shadoweh to explain more about her reasons for lynching IHNN in the end and why no-one at any point looked like a better lynch. However, Dormio looks even more suspicious about riding the townie wagon.

##Vote: Dormio

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »
Note his reason for voting IHNN was 'absolutely nothing' in #90. Which implies no scumslips either. So why was IHNN so voteworthy then...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.