Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 263592 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2011, 11:37:25 PM »
i will flip my shit and set japan on fire

This I gotta see.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »
Fan Mindset: If Yuuka came back, Mima can come back *insert MIMA-SAMAAAAAAAAAAA here*

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2011, 11:47:15 PM »
Fan Mindset: If Yuuka came back, Mima can come back *insert MIMA-SAMAAAAAAAAAAA here*

Yes, we covered that, what, three pages ago?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2011, 11:48:20 PM »
Yes, we covered that, what, three pages ago?

:wat: Um..thanks?

« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
you can't really complain about Mystic Square until you've hit Stage 5 and eventually Yumeko

aaaaaa HATE THAT STAGE

Actually, I made it up to Shinki's Byakuren ripoff card  (:V) before using up all my continues, but Yuki and Mai's fuckery was what got rid of the most of them. Sure Yumeko was hard, but in a better sort of way. Yuki and Mai are more like oh god what did i do to deserve this crap go away aaaaaaaaaaaaah. For me at least.

*charge shot is back

shitshitshitshit I can't use this in FW without a controller and I really don't wanna have to do that anymore dammit.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »
i will flip my shit and set japan on fire
Honestly, I'd like to see Kannushi keep things interesting, no matter how he does it.  Even if it involves existing characters.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #486 on: February 28, 2011, 11:56:42 PM »
*characters have special abilities...the last main game with char special skills was IN iirc?
SA says hi.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #487 on: March 01, 2011, 12:08:04 AM »
PHFUBLEHPHTH.

My literal reaction. I wish I had been drinking tea at that moment, so I could simply just post "Teaspit.jpg" instead.
Who said you had to be drinking right then?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:09:50 AM by Barrakketh »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #488 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
PHFUBLEHPHTH.

My literal reaction. I wish I had been drinking tea at that moment, so I could simply just post "Teaspit.jpg" instead.

I was chewing gum.

I had to scrape it off my window.

Yuck.
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #489 on: March 01, 2011, 12:24:27 AM »
*charge shot is back

oh, what does this mean? the only thing i can think of is Aya's camera and i don't think that's right.

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »
oh, what does this mean? the only thing i can think of is Aya's camera and i don't think that's right.

It means you have to tap Z to fire, instead of holding it down to constantly fire.
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #491 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:01 AM »
It means you have to tap Z to fire, instead of holding it down to constantly fire.

Oh FFFFFFFFFFFFF---

Tengukami

« Reply #492 on: March 01, 2011, 12:38:35 AM »

To be fair, GFW has this, but you can hold down C to have steady fire.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #493 on: March 01, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »
Holding down C still feels weird to me. I'm used to using that finger for bombs, and tapping at Z doesn't really help with the whole twitch reaction bombing thing...
Oh well, something else to get used to. At least it's not a Phantasmagoria  :3

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2011, 12:42:58 AM »
actually im under the impression that its akin to PoFV except the spirit absorb field (but maybe not), especially cuz of what zun had on youmu's select screen -> 低速移動中ショットは撃てません -> cant fire shots during slow/focus/charge? or it could be like fairy wars

SA says hi.
ah there you go. thought i missed something
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:47:05 AM by miracle★cookie »

Tengukami

« Reply #495 on: March 01, 2011, 12:43:43 AM »
actually im under the impression that its akin to PoFV except the spirit absorb field (but maybe not), especially cuz of what zun had on youmu's select screen -> 低速移動中ショットは撃てません -> cant fire shots during slow/focus/charge? or it could be like fairy wars

Pray it's like GFW, but like Serena said, I'll get used to it.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #496 on: March 01, 2011, 12:44:54 AM »
Actually, I made it up to Shinki's Byakuren ripoff card  (:V) before using up all my continues, but Yuki and Mai's fuckery was what got rid of the most of them. Sure Yumeko was hard, but in a better sort of way. Yuki and Mai are more like oh god what did i do to deserve this crap go away aaaaaaaaaaaaah. For me at least.
The two are surprisingly easy once you learn them.  Both at once is mostly streaming attacks.  Go for Mai if at all possible, as she's pretty simple.  Yuki is actually somewhat threatening, if only for her fireballs, but none of them have a patch on the damn sword-throwing wench.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #497 on: March 01, 2011, 12:48:05 AM »
I've played MS lotsa times, and I think Yumeko is fun but hard. Now, with Yuki and Mai, I'm always like "Oh, I'm doing fairely well by n-- *pichuun* ...I hate you, Mai"

« Reply #498 on: March 01, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »
The two are surprisingly easy once you learn them.  Both at once is mostly streaming attacks.  Go for Mai if at all possible, as she's pretty simple.  Yuki is actually somewhat threatening, if only for her fireballs, but none of them have a patch on the damn sword-throwing wench.

I'll probably get on it eventually, I do intend to beat at least one of the PC98 games to some kind of acceptable standard (freaking Marisa in LLS  :colonveeplusalpha:). It's not like I'm playing these games because they're easy anyway, heh. But I've got Koishi to get through with first and that's a whole other story...

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #499 on: March 01, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
How did I miss mention of the charge shot returning? I have a particular setup I use for GFW that I've grown comfortable with, so assuming ZUN does include C as rapid fire, this isn't much of a problem at all. The real question is, just what will we be charging in TD? Charging to activate hypers maybe?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #500 on: March 01, 2011, 01:16:46 AM »
Charge shot? Grosssss. One of the reasons I was looking forward to a vanilla touhou was to avoid dealing with that
I guess I can manage :<

Also am I the only one thrown off slightly by "touhou thirteen ten desires"?  :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #501 on: March 01, 2011, 01:21:37 AM »
Also am I the only one thrown off slightly by "touhou thirteen ten desires"?  :V

Well, I wouldn't say thrown slightly off, not sure what you mean by that. It doesn't make me think anything negative per say, but it does sound un-touhou like to me somehow, not sure how.

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #502 on: March 01, 2011, 01:23:14 AM »
Well, I wouldn't say thrown slightly off, not sure what you mean by that. It doesn't make me think anything negative per say, but it does sound un-touhou like to me somehow, not sure how.
I was referring to how there are two numbers (thirteen ten) right next to each other. It just sounds funny to me, I guess.

« Reply #503 on: March 01, 2011, 01:32:56 AM »
Well, personally I never refer to (eg. SA) as Touhou 11 Subterranean Animism; generally it's just Chireiden or Subterranean Animism for me, so I don't have a problem with it.
I never really liked the "byou" sound (Kaenbyou, Shinreibyou...), though, but that's completely different (and me just being weird about stuff).

« Reply #504 on: March 01, 2011, 02:24:25 AM »
I find it slightly amusing that TH13 was announced the day after our TH12.8 thread got locked :V

I find it slightly amusing that TH13 was announced a few days after the japanese TH poll was closed :p

*Sakuya is the last boss...if Ten Desires has anything to do with the 7 sins, she will be
Spoiler:
Maid of Envy

Envy automatically makes me think of this envy :D

what I'd like from the gameplay is that maybe this game would have (additionally, optionally) elements from the past games' gameplays

- PoFV's chaining and/or bullet cancelling -- PoFV's chaining is forgiving, plus bulllet cancelling till BONUS! is rewarding, exciting I dare say :D
- IN's human/youkai "sides" (maybe they are assigned to the shot types in this game, or not), which allows one to decide between shooting a lot or grazing a lot. Even IN's grazing felt more rewarding to me, because (like in Shuusou Gyoku) you can feel the boost to your score (through the time orbs) better than, say, in EoSD
- MoF's chaining but please make it more forgiving/flexible than in MoF (one death in MoF takes 1/3 of your current faith counter, and the faith counter drops quickly if you can't chain. PoFV's chaining was forgiving and flexible enough with spirits which could be "activated" when/where you wanted to, which also stimulated foresight and rewarded players with better bullet cancels)
- please make players be unable to graze while they're under invincibility (a detail I liked in Suwapyon), and please refrain from having players be confined to risky spaces (such as pointblanking/near pointblanking/enemy hugging) for graze milking. It's okay-ish if players can graze near bosses, just not (imho) if you have to memorize, say, EoSD's stage 5 fairies (for point-blank invincibility grazing), or be able to abuse Parsee's rings of bullets, or be able to stick besides Sakuya during Eternal Meek. (personally I don't like grazing because I don't like to have to memorize stages, preferring to dynamically remembering them and what actions I can take as the enemies come at the screen, instead of feeling punished by having the game become harder because I didn't knew ho w to trivialize stage sections, as if I was asked to remember stages. Which is distracting to me, to try to keep stage-specific information in mind while playing normally. I'm better at remembering rules, not routes)
- additionally, why not make players be able to follow bullets and still be rewarded? (if SA wanted to follow, to an extent, Shikigami no Shiro's gameplay?)
- also, one of my complains about the games is how misleading the bullet hitboxes can be. The current graze sound helps, but not as much if you're grazing more than one bullet. At times, even the sound isn't much helpful if you need to correctly estimate if you'll be able to follow a path which has large bullets near it.
- will players be able to use bomb fragments if they don't have full bombs? /battlegaregga :D
- unlockable characters please :D
- if Mima would ever appear, just having her in an alternative stage (if the game would ever have alternative routes chosen by the player) as an optional, additional boss (for those who want to fight her specifically, so that she doesn't take much of the focus from the story). Either Batrider's or
Spoiler:
Phantasm Romance
's alternate bosses possibility would do, and both of them were fun in their own games :D
- agree on more PC-98 reference, though I'm pleased with the shmup references so far through the series :D
- Marisa's penetrating piercing laser is good in EoSD, but I'm fine with DDP'ish laser
- I'm fine (no, greatly pleased) if there's charged shots in a main TH game (charged shots worked well in PoFV, GFW, and StB/DS)
- also, Reimu is imba in PoFV (against human opponents), not just Marisa in MoF :D  (PoFV's Memory/Mevious lol -- though I don't know if Reimu is actually banned in japanese matches)

WARNING
decide for yourself :p
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #505 on: March 01, 2011, 02:36:43 AM »
Envy automatically makes me think of this envy :D

Clearly,  miracle★cookie meant this Envy. :*

Anyway, I think that the whole "charge shots" deal is pretty amazing. Hooorayyyy for more gameplay mechanics!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #506 on: March 01, 2011, 02:42:39 AM »
Okay, now that I've had some time to think about it more, I've got a bit of speculation fuel to throw out.

You know how ZUN's basically tied in the stories of his games since MoF with one another? The Moriyas come to Gensokyo, the Moriyas give Utsuho the power of the Yatagarasu, Utsuho's excess power blows the lid off whatever ground was holding in the Palanquin Ship. The fighting games are tied in as well, DS stands on its own for the most part, and so forth.

So how is ZUN going to tie divine spirits into the plot of UFO? Or, a second question: how do you expect that UFO will have kickstarted 10D?

Also, just for fun, remember that someone from the previous game showed up in the following game. SA carried over Sanae, Suwako, and Nitori in separate ways; UFO carried Sanae over from SA, a bit more directly. So, does Youmu's inclusion (but not, importantly, Sanae's expulsion) indicate that he's going all the way back to PCB for his story? If Sanae had been left out of the playables, that might have indicated that he's setting his story since MoF to the side, but the simple fact that he's reached all the way back to Youmu AND kept Sanae might mean that 10D will unite the two halves of the Windows storylines. Which is... actually really REALLY disastrous for anyone who's writing a serial, but from a game/story perspective, actually really awesome.

« Reply #507 on: March 01, 2011, 02:43:58 AM »
Which is... actually really REALLY disastrous for anyone who's writing a serial, but from a game/story perspective, actually really awesome.
inb4UDragesagain BV

« Reply #508 on: March 01, 2011, 03:20:27 AM »
Also, just for fun, remember that someone from the previous game showed up in the following game. SA carried over Sanae, Suwako, and Nitori in separate ways; UFO carried Sanae over from SA, a bit more directly. So, does Youmu's inclusion (but not, importantly, Sanae's expulsion) indicate that he's going all the way back to PCB for his story? If Sanae had been left out of the playables, that might have indicated that he's setting his story since MoF to the side, but the simple fact that he's reached all the way back to Youmu AND kept Sanae might mean that 10D will unite the two halves of the Windows storylines. Which is... actually really REALLY disastrous for anyone who's writing a serial, but from a game/story perspective, actually really awesome.

Youmu has her motivations (lol UFO's motivation-based shot types) to investigate, plus she's human enough :p (human perspective/view, human role in the spellcard battle system, etc.)

Why would Youmu and Sanae's participation mean ultimate weapon of destruction golden disaster to a writer? How does this joss what they've written? (unless CtC or TPSS is involved :p)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2011, 03:26:28 AM »
Okay, now that I've had some time to think about it more, I've got a bit of speculation fuel to throw out.

You know how ZUN's basically tied in the stories of his games since MoF with one another? The Moriyas come to Gensokyo, the Moriyas give Utsuho the power of the Yatagarasu, Utsuho's excess power blows the lid off whatever ground was holding in the Palanquin Ship. The fighting games are tied in as well, DS stands on its own for the most part, and so forth.

So how is ZUN going to tie divine spirits into the plot of UFO? Or, a second question: how do you expect that UFO will have kickstarted 10D?

So much potential there. Speculations such as these add to my anticipation for a new game.