Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 263589 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38:47 AM »
Can someone tell me what this 'hyper' thing is i am reading all over this thread? I hope it is not like in those other shmups gaining temp boost of power. Imo would be so non- touhouish.

Stuff like this makes us think of hypers. It doesn't seem to have decreased the bomb stock (unless ZUN gained an extra bomb by that point) so I'm assuming it'll be triggered infrequently like PCB Borders, except possibly with stored energy rather than instantly activating.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
Oh god this is the best thing that ever happened to me in the morning ever.
Also spell practice. How much did I miss that  :getdown:

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2011, 08:51:50 AM »
Also, unlucky 13 could make an appearance, though a Friday The 13th-Esqe Hockey-Masked Chainsaw-Wielding Lolita is far-fetched.

That would be awesome.

maximum brofist

What? She's nothing to me. I'd rather have some new character or a character that i like return than someone who's only usage is being broken in MS.

Can someone tell me what this 'hyper' thing is i am reading all over this thread? I hope it is not like in those other shmups gaining temp boost of power. Imo would be so non- touhouish.

No. Its not just a power boost. Its a temporary boost of power. And scoring possibility. And difficulty. And a badass laser. It wouldn't be Touhou'ish but it would be drawing inspiration of a good idea from a Cave game to improve the usual formula. Its not unusual for ZUN to steal/let himself inspire of other shmups after all.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2011, 08:53:34 AM »
Indeed, it seems like the blue flame next to the skull is a super meter, and that the skull turns solid once it is full. If you activate the hyper, the meter goes down, and the remaining time of the hyper is displayed on the screen.

Considering the flame is blue, it may be that it is now the blue counterpart to the red life and green bombs.

Or something.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Formless God

« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2011, 09:01:34 AM »
What? She's nothing to me. I'd rather have some new character or a character that i like return than someone who's only usage is being broken in MS.
It appears you misunderstood the meaning of brofist :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
Hmmm, temporarily boost of power. Hmm hmm.

Also, I was wishing ZUN would stop using the annoying 4.00/4.00 etc power meter style and return to good old 128, but seeing the screenshots we have to accept for future games he will not do this anymore.

Which brings me to the following thing again, no more life/bomb fragments please

HyperGumba

« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »
Lol I hate timezones, always fnd these things out half a day later than I want it to be  :V

Any ideas on other returning playables? Even though Sanae is playable, that must not mean Sakuya isn't  :derp:

PARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARUPARU

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Screw you  :yukkuri:

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

ark

• みょん
« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2011, 09:13:19 AM »
Which brings me to the following thing again, no more life/bomb fragments please
They're there; you can clearly see them in the screenshots.

Any ideas on other returning playables? Even though Sanae is playable, that must not mean Sakuya isn't  :derp:
ZUN said that there are 4 playable characters: Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Youmu. That's it.

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
no more life/bomb fragments please

Seconding this. Screw those things.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2011, 09:16:14 AM »
Considering that you can clearly see fragmented hearts and bombs in the display...

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2011, 09:17:38 AM »
Just a few comments..

- 10D sounds good
- If Mima were to return, I'd bet she'd be the EX boss rather than a storyline boss.
- I'm actually hoping that Kasen Ibara makes an appearance

« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »
Considering that you can clearly see fragmented hearts and bombs in the display...

*Sigh* Can't be helped then I guess.

HyperGumba

« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
ZUN said that there are 4 playable characters: Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Youmu. That's it.

Oh, nevermind then - too lazy to actually read through almost 13 pages  :V

Also, a shame fragments return - I don't like them either

« Reply #343 on: February 28, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
It appears you misunderstood the meaning of brofist :V

Brofists kill people. Or at least they did in UFO. But what did you mean then? That you completely agree with me (for once)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #344 on: February 28, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »
Brofists kill people. Or at least they did in UFO. But what did you mean then? That you completely agree with me (for once)
Contrary to touhou fan myopia, Unzan is, in fact, not the original source of "BROFIST!".  BV
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:30:48 AM by Eeyore »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #345 on: February 28, 2011, 09:29:41 AM »

It means he agrees with you.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #346 on: February 28, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
I see green hair. Is that Sanae?!!!

Sanae was already a playable character to begin with.

*Sigh* Can't be helped then I guess.

In fact, you need 10 fragments...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
This, however, suggests that the individual fragments will be easier to obtain. It may even be possible that these 'souls' can directly be picked up to this effect. In this case, the blue ones would fuel the blue ghost flame next to the skull, and thus your hyper.

...IS WHAT I ASSUME.

HyperGumba

« Reply #348 on: February 28, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »
Sanae was already a playable character to begin with.

My god, that's true  BV

:dealwithit:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #349 on: February 28, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »
Further I predict that one of Youmu's hypers will be akin to Ghostly Wheel of Pain, i.e. her ghost half will become a physical copy of her and attack for massive damage.

« Reply #350 on: February 28, 2011, 09:42:40 AM »
Contrary to touhou fan myopia, Unzan is, in fact, not the original source of "BROFIST!".  BV

I guessed as much but Touhou is still the only connection i have to brofists and as such i would think Formless wanted to round me up somewhere in a dark alley and beat me up...

It means he agrees with you.

Noted.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #351 on: February 28, 2011, 09:49:08 AM »
I further predict that either Shikieiki or Komachi will appear, perhaps in the Ex-Stage.

Also, everytime you use a hyper, this starts playing.

Okay, maybe not that last one...

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #352 on: February 28, 2011, 10:01:53 AM »
Sacchi, LHCling, Palewolf, Uwa, Koh, HyperGumba, gof, ゼンゲク, Aisha, Yukari's Pet Cat (+ 1 Hidden) and 37 Guests are viewing this topic

Seriously people I know we all live in different time tables but it's freaking 7 AM here go to sleep  :ohdear:

Anyways. I'm still amazed at Youmu + Spell practice. This is a pleasant Surprise Indeed.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #353 on: February 28, 2011, 10:20:15 AM »
I should pay attention more to screenshots =.=

Fragment all over. ALL OVER FRAGMENTS. Oh well.

miracle★cookie

• 時よ止まれ、お前は美しい
« Reply #354 on: February 28, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
well i for one am not too sure about the charge shots, cant say i really liked them in PoFV but thats just me

blackrider19

• Ideas are bulletproof... not spark-proof
« Reply #355 on: February 28, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
those green things at the top of the screen in the sanae photo... pls dont tell me they are life fragments...

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #356 on: February 28, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »
On that note, please remove Marisa from all games, because she was broken in one of them

Also, I don't like Reimu, so let's have someone new take her place, like Rin Satsuki. Someone with actual depth.

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #357 on: February 28, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »
obligatory 'HOLY CRAP TOUHOU THIRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN'

- Last Words now that spell practice is back.

This so much. Last Words were awesome.

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2011, 12:24:05 PM »
Last words were pretty snazztacular, yeah.

Can't say much about the fragments, but. Eh. I'll deal.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »
get hype