Author Topic: Iryan's Projects - UPDATE: Konngara v1.1  (Read 42479 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Iryan's Projects - UPDATE: Konngara v1.1
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:12 PM »
This is where you can find the spawns of my insanity imagination.  :V

Project #1:

Sariel Boss Battle v1.2

A day in the limelight for the one true boss of Touhou!
The battle is done in the style of a regular stage 6 boss (4 noncards, 5 cards) with two difficulty settings (Normal and LuNautic). The noncards are variations on the regular attacks the original boss uses, adjusted to modern danmakufu standards.

No points for guessing where I got my material. Both music and pictures for Sariel are more than scarce.  :P

Note that one of the patterns requires the Concealed the Conclusion Shot Replacement script.

Project #2:

Suika Player Character v1.3

Now with a working focus-mode hitbox.

Based on ReimuB from Subterranean Animism, you too can now have bullets that have both piercing and homing capabilities.

Only now, you can have it the true Suika way!

Project #3:

Christmas Special v1.0

Available in easy, normal, hard, lunatic and what difficulty.

Just a little fun script that sums up what Christmas is all about:

Receiving presents and decorating the tree while grazing everything in sight!

Project #4:
My entry for the 3rd danmakufu contest:

Survival in the Forest v1.0

Available in easy, normal, hard and lunatic mode.

Quote from: touhou wiki
The hakutaku (白澤 or 白沢) is a mythical, spiritual beast which is said to advise only kings of virtue. It is generally depicted as looking somewhat like a massive lion and can be distinguished by the presence of single or double horns.

Project #5:
My entry for the 4th danmakufu contest:

Keine's Flashy History Lesson v1.0

Available in normal and lunatic mode.

A three card script using only lasers, not bullets.

Project #6:

Konngara Battle v1.1

Available in easy, normal, hard and lunatic mode.

Kept in the form of a stage 6 boss battle in the vein of Yuyuko and Byakuren, that is 6 cards, 4 noncards. Like with the Sariel battle, the noncard attacks are a homage to the original battle, thus the vertical movement is disabled on them. However, the newest version has also the option to play in free mode where the noncards don't restrict your movement but are also adjusted to stay challenging.

Project #7:
My entry for the 6th danmakufu contest:

Kisume hits the jackpot v1.1

Available in Jar, Bucket and Barrel difficulty.

A script done using only a small set of predetermined graphics, including exclusively additively blended bullets.
Contains 3 spellcards and 2 noncards

Project #8:
My entry for the 7th danmakufu contest:

A Rainy Evening

Available in Normal and Lunatic difficulty.

A full stage script with a small boss fight at the end and an overall Halloween feel to it.

I'll eagerly take constructive criticism from anyone so that I can improve my scripts and my abilities.

Also, thanks to Blargel and Stuffman for their tutorials, without which these projects never would have come together, as well as the rest of this community for always being helpful and generally awesome.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:51:09 PM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Drake

Re: Iryan's Projects
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
instadowning

EDIT: THIS IS JESUS

OR AT LEAST AN ANGELkill me now

Wings of a Fallen Angel is nice, but really, really bullshitty at times.
Embraced by Shadows is delicious, I want to find out how it's done. I die all the time on this.
Eclipse could stand to be a bit harder and longer on Normal. It certainly gives a last spell feel, though. Lunatic is excellent.

EDIT: This seems to have caught the crashing bug.

EDIT: One thing that needs to be fixed right now is Glimpse of Purgatory. It's absurdly difficult when the lasers happen to cross the center. Instead of a random angle 0 to 30, I'd say 0 to 20 or even 15. Just enough for randomization without being WHAT.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:57:49 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »
Embraced by Shadows is pretty boss, how the hell do you manage that? I bet you did it by accident, punk >:|

And yeah Eclipse is great, has a VoWG feel to it.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
LuNautic

My balls just tingled a little.

Criticism eh.... Well, I don't have to tell you how awesome this spell string is -- It's pretty obvious. Negative aspects... It doesn't look as pretty as it could (I'm not a fan of most white bullets), too much use of the rand function and I loathe the lack of y-axis movement on the non-spells. The first and latter I can forgive due to lol opinions, which leaves the rand function as the big issue. I find that I have to rely on luck over skill to beat cards like Glimpse of Purgatory and Wings of a Fallen Angel. Particularly the latter, where her movement can completely laser sweep your ass with little you can do about it, save for trying to dodge through the wings (which works, but lol). Glimpse of Purgatory actually isn't much of a problem considering it's the same pattern just offset by a random degree, but damn... It feels completely different and is freakin' thick on lunatic.

Anyways, enough bitching. This is awesome. Good job!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »
Yeah I don't get how you beat Wings of a Fallen Angel, it doesn't seem like you have enough time to judge where the opening is going to spawn and lead the lasers away.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »
It is possible, just not when she moves towards you (half the time). That's the problem.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »
Typically Normal is a difficulty that I can 1CC...

This had me genuflecting many times. Normal needs to be toned down like crazy, and the Lunatic mode isn't really that much different either...

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »
Thanks for the input.  ;D

Well, on the Wings topic... yeah, it can sometimes screw you over of sariel moves in a particular way, but that happens to me quite rarely. The thing is, you are supposed to make a quick dive through the opening between her wings to get to a point where the lasers cannot hit you, even if she moves. Also, the opening is always below the point where she was the wings where in the lowest position.

However, I noticed something wrong with wings N, seomething incredibly stupid on my part. To make it easier, I planned to widen the space between her wings, that would be a shift from a range of 85?-95? to 80?-100?. Due to stupidity, I changed it to 80?-90? instead. Thus the attack was, besides a reduced count of butterflies, the same as the lunatic version shifted by 5?!  :V  *fixing*

On Glimpse... yeah, that can indeed be frustrating. I'll change the range of the laser angle so that it won't shoot straight down. Maybe add a little boss movement as a replacement. The card is (on lunatic) insanely hard, but it is hard to lessen the difficulty without the concept falling apart aside from reducing the bps (bullets per second) by about 50%, which is pretty much the difference between Normal and Lunatic. Thus I gave the card a small timer and low hp to make it, dare I say, meisterhaft. I know that it is probably the hardest card to capture now by far, but you can pretty much skip it with ~2 bombs, like, well, Meister. :P

The lack of movement for the noncard, well... they are meant to be ripoffs homages to Sariel's original attacks, and, well, she doesn't move in HRtP.

Anyways, thanks to you all. I apprecciate the feedback.  :)
A v1.1 with the couple of errors fixed should be inside the original post in the not too distant future.

When using Josette for the battle, I just noticed that the second part of the opener will completely destroy any player character that is slower than Reimu. I'll have to change that, too. Dang.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:33:26 PM by Iryan »

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Re: Iryan's Projects - Sariel updated!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 02:56:40 PM »
So, another day, another version. The download link is the same as in the first post.

Changes:
- Normal mode Wings of a Fallen Angel now works as intended, which means it got significantly easier.
- The lasers in Glimpse of Purgatory won't aim straight down and prevent you from doing damage to the boss anymore.
- The second part of Sariel's opener was adjusted so that it is no longer impossible with very slow characters like yellow Josette.
- Normal mode Eclipse got changed. It should be more fitting as a final attack now.
- Sariel now moves a little during the Death attacks.

Enjoy yourselves!  ;D

Re: Iryan's Projects - Sariel updated!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
Requesting a replay of this because I still can't beat it D: (I'm looking at you Naut). It's more Extra level than Normal with the bomb immunity and whatnot. The last spell is perfect though. :V

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Re: Iryan's Projects - Sariel updated! Again!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »
Less errors, less cheapness, more bump: Version 1.2 is available in the original post!
Changes:

- The unintended bombing immunity during all but the final spellcard has been removed.
- The lunatic version of "Shadows" has now the intended boss movement.
- Sariel is now a little more restricted in her movements during "Wings".
- The bombs during "Fire" won't go cheap on you anymore.

Also, I'd like to adress the problems with "Wings":

You are supposed to move through the opening fast enough so that even if Sariel does move towards you, you won't get hit by the lasers. The difficulty lies in getting through the narrow space fast enough and without running into a butterfly. If you approach the card with the possibility of Sariel closing in on you in mind, you'll see: The attack doesn't screw you over randomly, the card is just often quite forgiving when you are not fast enough.  :V

That should be the last shameless bump for this script...

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 02:31:22 AM »
S'pretty good, still that laser sweep thing going on but it's pretty unavoidable unless you redo the whole spellcard. It's not that I'm bitching that it's too hard (lol, yeah I'd do that), it's just the randomness of it. You could go through it and have her randomly move the right way (away from you)... Or you go get swamped and always have her move against you -- which is not "difficulty", it's putting yourself between a rock and a hard place. You've got a wall of lasers in one direction, and in the other you've got a descending storm of white bullets, which aren't really feasable to dodge through. It's not a Lunatic decision, it's a "lol here goes" decision. Spellcards should not be broken by such random...ness.... Well uh, you get the point.

Anyways, the scripts are great. Well thought out, fun to play and very diverse. Version 1.2 is an excellent improvement, hope to see some more in the near future (even more than just Sariel!)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
Finally, after almost two month, I got my new PC on Saturday. So, finally, I am able to run danmakufu again. But I wasn't inactive during this period; I have always been thinking about scripts I could make, and I forged prototypes. These could now be tested, and during this weekend I dedicated most of my time to bring one project ready for a first release.

Long story short:

I'm back, and I brought you a gift!
Player Suika!

Constructive criticism will be appreciated as always. I know that the graphics could need some improvement, but at least for the bombs this is somewhat out of my artistical capapilities...  :V
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:22:20 PM by Iryan »

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
Re: Iryan's Projects - Back with Pandemonium!
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
Downloaded & testing...now...

wow...I need to stay on schedule...anyway, Suika...

let's see...first, I find the bomb animation amazing...yet I'm a little confused with rather I should except the damage being slightly below 3000.0 & all...it's fine to me though...
second, the shot type is brilliant...umm yeah but the damage again...is actually alright for a homing shot type & all...
umm, what else is there...of course, the graphics...you did well(I'm needing to know how it was done media wise)I mean great work on the graphics...I only say this...
even with all this...you should further tweak the character sometime in the future...what to tweak...that's really up to you but I said all I can say being average at best as a criticiser... :-\  best seek out more opinions...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:24:05 PM by Lawence Codye »
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 09:54:24 PM »
...anyway, Suika...

let's see...first, I find the bomb animation amazing...yet I'm a little confused with rather I should except the damage being slightly below 3000.0 & all...it's fine to me though...
Well, I oriented myself after the bomb damage listed in Stuffman's player tutorial, but I, too, had the impression that the bomb was somewhat weak. I think it is because I oriented myself after Reimu's bomb damage, who can shoot during her spellcard, and then disabled Suika from shooting during her own bomb. A slight increase will probably be included when I update it. I am actually surprised that someone would consider the bomb well done, at least compared to what our Garage veterans dish out regularly. Thanks anyways.  :)

second, the shot type is brilliant
I thought a Suika shottype based on the Reimu/Suika team from SA would be alright.  :V
...umm yeah but the damage again...is actually alright for a homing shot type & all...
Again, Stuffman's damage testers to the rescue. I should probably include him in the credits file just for his tutorial. But then I'd also have to include Blargel...
umm, what else is there...of course, the graphics...you did well(I'm needing to know how it was done media wise)I mean great work on the graphics...I only say this...
You wanna know how I did the graphics? Well, besides the spell cutin and the character selection image, everything was done in MS Paint, without any template besides the supposed dimensions of the character sprite. Took me several hours, as I am not prticularly good at this kind of stuff. I was starting to wonder if it has even been worth it...  :P
even with all this...you should further tweak the character sometime in the future...what to tweak...that's really up to you but I said all I can say being average at best as a criticiser... :-\  best seek out more opinions...
I plan to update it if it lies within my capabilities, but for now I'd rather wait for more criticism, yeah.

Muchas gracias for your commentary.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:31:53 PM »
I plan to update it if it lies within my capabilities, but for now I'd rather wait for more criticism, yeah.
It lay, and as there wasn't any more criticism, I updated!

Suika v1.1

Changes:
- Improving the player sprite a little
- Fixing a graphic error with one of the bullets
- Adjusting the damage of the bomb
- Adding a working, somewhat ZUN-esque hitbox dot for focus mode

Now, any commentary is welcome, really. Not receiving constructive criticism would mean that the script is either perfect as it is or flawed beyond redemption, both of which I highly doubt.  :V

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Re: Iryan's Projects - Back with Pandemonium! (Suika v1.1)
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »
I think you might be doing some logic in DrawLoop, since the shots home in less on lower framerates (or when you hold space). Other than that, it's a really cool script, and I especially love the player graphics.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Re: Iryan's Projects - Back with Pandemonium! (Suika v1.1)
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 02:32:57 PM »
I think you might be doing some logic in DrawLoop, since the shots home in less on lower framerates (or when you hold space).
Wha the-

There was a yield in my DrawLoop!  :o
And without that, the bullets fly in quite different arcs for some reason, so their homing capabilities need to be readjusted. D:

New version will be up shortly...

Edit: And here it is!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:21:47 PM by Iryan »

Lawence Codye

Re: Iryan's Projects - Back with Pandemonium! (Suika v1.2)
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »
okay...downloading this instant...
also, for the convenience of the lazy end of the users/guests...could you at some point update your first post with these download links rather then do the new post thing with it...though I personally don't mind...
& remember..."laziness is of a virtue"... ;)

MaronaPossessed

• I am free to dream of my own dream
  • and so I shall dream
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 12:17:41 AM »
Is there another link for the replace shots script? The one in the topic is broken...

Lawence Codye

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009, 03:08:43 AM »
Is there another link for the replace shots script? The one in the topic is broken...

...you might have done this but try the topic for the expanded data + shot replace script...
that's all I can tell ya...

MaronaPossessed

• and so I shall dream
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 04:41:48 AM »
...you might have done this but try the topic for the expanded data + shot replace script...
that's all I can tell ya...

Doh...thanks:P

Edit: So how do I implement it in the script?

Edit 2: nevermind I got it XD

Edit 3: nope...help me X_X
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 05:24:37 AM by MaronaPossessed »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »
D'OH!

The Expanded Shotdata is very different from the CtC Shotdata that is required for one of the spellcards of the Sariel script. When I released my script, it didn't even exist yet.  :V

As the download link for the old replacement script seems to be broken, click here to get both shot replacement scripts. Just put the lib folder inside your danmakufu folder and it shall work.

also, for the convenience of the lazy end of the users/guests...could you at some point update your first post with these download links rather then do the new post thing with it...though I personally don't mind...
I planned to do that once I had hit the second page of the topic, but it seems it cannot hurt to do it already now, can it?

MaronaPossessed

• and so I shall dream
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »
Alright thanks^_^ now for my review

I know you're trying to capture the way in HRTP, but at least let the player move freely. Just standing on the bottom all the time makes it hard.

Normal difficulty sounds more like hard to me but I love the spellcards look:P

10/10 for capturing Sariel in damaku way

4/10 for the normal difficulty

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Re: Iryan's Projects - Holiday Special v1.0
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:16 PM »
A little late, I know, but I still want to wish you all a very merry Christmas, happy Hannukah, happy holidays, and whatever else.  :)

Originally thought up for the christmas contest that in the end wasn't meant to be, this is a short script that I don't want to withhold from you:

Iryan's Christmas Special v1.0

This nice little script sums up what Christmas is all about:
Receiving presents and decorating the tree while grazing everything in sight!  :V

Available in 5 different difficulties:
Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic and What.

I don't want to spoil the fun, so I won't say more.

As always, I'm glad for every criticism etc.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
Re: Iryan's Projects - Konngara v1.0
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 08:50:09 PM »
Okaaay, I am kind of both double posting and bumping a very old thread, but I think in this case it is very appropriate, because, as the change of the thread title may suggest...

My newest project has come to completion!  :toot:

Konngara boss battle v1.0a
Fixed the crashing through changing from ogg to mp3.

Like with my Sariel battle, I kept it in the form of a stage 6 boss battle (that is, 5 cards and 4 non-cards) where the non-card attacks are homages to the original fight in tHRtP during which vertical movement is prohibited. It is available in the 4 standard difficulties easy, normal, hard and luNautic.

Before I go into a lenghty essay on the script, I think I will just wait for your reponses first.

So, as always, here there be criticism!  :V
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:56:49 PM by Iryan »

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
Re: Iryan's Projects - NEW RELEASE: Konngara v1.0
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 10:28:59 PM »
Very impressive, though it has an unhealthy tendency to do this:

XG

also, wreckedbyeasy.jpg

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
Very impressive, though it has an unhealthy tendency to do this:

This. :(

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »
Wha-

>:(

When does this occur? And does someone know why this may occur?

If it happens everytime the script is finished, then I wouldn't know anything about that. On my PC, every script crashes on completion, including aynthing I downloaded from other people... >.<

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »
Sometimes right when I launch the script, occasionally after the ten-second intro "attack"; once I'm into the script proper, I'm usually okay, though one time it crashed halfway through. >.>

It's intermittent, and I've never seen DMF act like this before, so... ???