Author Topic: Parsee Quest  (Read 71634 times)

Smok, destroyer of thoughts

• The dangers of combing Ran and Mokou fanboyism
Re: Parsee Quest
« Reply #780 on: January 13, 2011, 10:50:27 PM »
>"You going with me and Cirno now then?"

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #781 on: January 13, 2011, 11:03:47 PM »
>"You going with me and Cirno now then?"

> Mokou tosses the wood she's holding, and it lands on the ground with a clunk.
> "Sure."
> Cirno cheers and flaps her wings in excitement, releasing a small snow flurry.  Mokou is unfazed.

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #782 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
>"Lead the way!"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #783 on: January 13, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »
>"Lead the way!"

> "'Kay."  Mokou stuffs her hands into her pockets, turns around, and starts walking.

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #784 on: January 13, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
>Follow along.

« Reply #785 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »
That's the Mokou I love <3

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #786 on: January 13, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
>Follow along.

> You follow Mokou, and soon Cirno is tagging along after the two of you.  Mokou leads you and Cirno straight into the village.  A few people give Mokou a glance or two, but you pass through without any incident.
> You pass by the fields where you saw Keine and Minoriko, the Myouren Temple, and finally you're at the outskirts at the other end of the village.  The three of you walk across another, albeit smaller field that's just plain grass, until you finally reach something rather bizzare.
> Stretching very far on both sides, reaching very far into the air, is bamboo.  Nothing but bamboo.  It's so thick and dense that you can barely see inside.  You're all standing on the outskirts of the Bamboo Forest.
> Mokou stops and turns to face you and Cirno.  She uses the heel of one of her boots to scratch her ankle and says,
> "I can go through the Bamboo Forest without getting lost once, but once we get in there we're not leaving empty-handed.  Let's all use the buddy system and stay together so no one else gets lost, okay?"
> The Bamboo Forest and a crazy rabbit is standing between you and Koishi.  And what are you going to do about it?

> _

« Reply #787 on: January 13, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
>"Mkay" nod to Mokou.
>In we go.
>get my cool glasses on. Look at Mokou and scan surroundings.

Mokou Fan

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #788 on: January 13, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »
>"Wow, that's pretty messy. Don't worry, though, I borrowed a compass."

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #789 on: January 13, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »
> Check inventory. We do still have the compass, right? (It wasn't in the inventory list last time we checked.)

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #790 on: January 13, 2011, 11:47:38 PM »
>"Mkay" nod to Mokou.
>In we go.
>get my cool glasses on. Look at Mokou and scan surroundings.

> You nod to Mokou.  Cirno responds by saying "Yes".
> You don't have or need glasses, but you pretend to be cool anyways.
> The three of you enter the Bamboo Forest.  The first thing you notice is it's very cool inside, almost like you're back at the lake.  The grass is also looks rather untended to, and you can't see a single soul around.
> You take a look at Mokou.  She still has her hands in her pockets, and still doesn't seem very excited.  She is, however, taking survey of her surroundings, looking around with a wary eye.
> You also look around.  No stalk of bamboo is entirely straight, and it seems to get taller and taller as you look up at the sky.  It makes you kind of dizzy.  You look behind you and find that you can't exactly see the entrance anymore.

>"Wow, that's pretty messy. Don't worry, though, I borrowed a compass."

> "Smart.  Where'd you get it, some shady second-hand shop?"

> Check inventory. We do still have the compass, right? (It wasn't in the inventory list last time we checked.)

Inventory:

> Foreign-looking dress (currently worn)
> Scarf (currently worn)
> x1 newspaper fragment
  > It has a missing ad for Komeiji Koishi on it.  You'd better hang onto this for reference.
> x3 sweet potatoes (roasted)
  > You got these from Mokou when you first arrived outside the Human Village.
> x6 spellcards
  > Taken from the comatose surface world girl.  Copying down the characters written on them would have been a pain, so you took them with you.
  > According to Tokiko, the cards are named "Long-Arm and Long-Leg", "Moreya's Iron Ring", "Jade of the Horrid River", "Frog is Eaten by Snake due to Croak", "Native Myth vs Central Myth", and "Mishaguji-sama".
> x1 chair
  > Souvenir from the lake mansion's gate.
> x1 bottle of spring
  > It's a sealed bottled with a pretty flower inside.  It's a one-use item that doubles as an attack--a strong gust of wind--and a way of being able to produce flowers.
> x1 seeing stone
  > A triangular stone with a circle inscribed in it.  If you hold it up to your eye, you can see things that are normally invisible.
> x1 compass
  > Borrowed from Kourindou for the purpose of navigating through the Bamboo Forest.

> That was the parser's mistake.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #791 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:42 PM »
>"Yep."

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #792 on: January 13, 2011, 11:53:28 PM »
> Use the seeing stone. Look at Mokou and scan surroundings.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #793 on: January 14, 2011, 12:00:53 AM »
>"Yep."

> "Fft.  Bet it was Kourindou."
> "Anyway, you'll probably want to get it out soon, since we're going to be moving forward soon."

> Use the seeing stone. Look at Mokou and scan surroundings.

> You take the opportunity to look at Mokou and the forest with the seeing stone.  She also has an aura, but it's, put simply, overwhelming.  It's huge, firey, and it looks like there are wings coming out of it.
> When you look at the forest, you see strange, shadow-like shapes every now and then.  They phase in and out, but they don't look like they belong to anything.  The bamboo itself also glows light green very, very faintly.  All of it is also actually tilted in the same direction, and not as densely together.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #794 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:16 AM »
>"Wow, this place is weird."
>Keep the compass in one hand, the spirit stone in the other, and proceed after Mokou. Use both frequently.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2011, 03:22:44 AM »
>"Wow, this place is weird."
>Keep the compass in one hand, the spirit stone in the other, and proceed after Mokou. Use both frequently.

> And you've only just entered it...
> You keep the compass in front of you and hold onto the seeing stone as you follow Mokou.  The bamboo seems to be in a different direction every time you look at it.  It's disorienting and makes you forget to look at your compass sometimes, but then you use the spirit stone.  When looking through it, the forest seems so different...calm, almost, if it weren't for the shadows you keep seeing.  They don't do anything, but they're eerie.
> You find that the ground sometimes dips a bit or even ripples like waves.  This proves difficult for Cirno, who tries to hover but is forced to walk when the ground seems to rise to her feet.  Holding up the stone to your eye helps you ground yourself a bit better, but you run into bamboo if you're not careful.
> Regardless of all of this, Mokou continues to walk with her hands in her pockets.  She seems to know exactly what she's doing.

> _

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2011, 04:14:52 AM »
>"You're good at this, Mokou."
>Envy...

« Reply #797 on: January 14, 2011, 08:19:40 AM »
> Make a note of which direction the village is on our compass: if we get separated from Mokou and we need to get out, we can at least go in one direction until we get out.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
>"You're good at this, Mokou."
>Envy...

> "Experience."
> It's easy to get jealous of her in a situation like this.  Then again, Mokou hasn't taken her hands out of her pockets the entire time.

> Make a note of which direction the village is on our compass: if we get separated from Mokou and we need to get out, we can at least go in one direction until we get out.

> It's kind of difficult to tell exactly where that is, but the compass needle never points south, so you'll probably end up going that way...
> The ground starts sloping downwards very fast.

> _

« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2011, 02:55:17 PM »
> Now that we have our escape azimuth, we shouldn't need the compass out for a bit. Put it away.
> As the ground starts sloping, grab a hold of Cirno. "Don't want to tumble down..."
> Peek through the stone, and spin it.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #800 on: January 14, 2011, 03:14:08 PM »
> Now that we have our escape azimuth, we shouldn't need the compass out for a bit. Put it away.
> As the ground starts sloping, grab a hold of Cirno. "Don't want to tumble down..."
> Peek through the stone, and spin it.

> You put away the compass.
> As the ground continues to slope down, you grab hold of Cirno's arm.  She automatically returns the gesture, and flaps her wings to keep the descent from being too fast.  "Is this normal?!"
> You take another look through the stone, but spin it this time.  The bamboo is stagnant as normal, but you see a barely visible red haze quickly retreating into the bamboo.
> Mokou calls out, "Get ready for impact!", and the ground goes completely vertical.

> _

« Reply #801 on: January 14, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »
> Unnaturally vertical?
> Scream and fall.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #802 on: January 14, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »
>Then take flight.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #803 on: January 14, 2011, 04:45:40 PM »
> Unnaturally vertical?
> Scream and fall.

> Yes.
> You scream as loud as your lungs will allow.
> Cirno is already screaming.  Mokou still looks unamused.

>Then take flight.

> The pull of gravity is way too strong, and you barely manage to catch yourself in the air.  You and Cirno float to the ground, shaken, while Mokou slams hard into it feet first.  She leaves a small crater where she landed and stands right back up.
> "Phew."  She shakes her head back and forth to get a few leaves out of her hair.  "Everyone still in one piece?"
> Cirno stutters out a reply.  "Y-y-yes..."

> _

« Reply #804 on: January 14, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »
> Shakily let go of Cirno, and check to see if we held onto our gear.
> "R-right before that happened, I think I saw something with the stone. A red aura. Could that be the crazy rabbit?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #805 on: January 14, 2011, 05:39:50 PM »
> Shakily let go of Cirno, and check to see if we held onto our gear.
> "R-right before that happened, I think I saw something with the stone. A red aura. Could that be the crazy rabbit?"

> You let go of Cirno's arm and check your inventory to see if anything's missing.  Fortunately, everything's still there.
> You ask Mokou about what you saw through the stone.
> Mokou raises an eyebrow.  "Can you still see it?"

> _

« Reply #806 on: January 14, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »
>Check the area with the stone.

Mokou Fan

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #807 on: January 14, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
>Check the area with the stone.

> You look around with the stone once more, but the red haze is gone.

> _

« Reply #808 on: January 14, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »
> "No, it's gone. It vanished right before the world fell down, and I can't see it right now."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2011, 05:51:18 PM »
> "No, it's gone. It vanished right before the world fell down, and I can't see it right now."

> "Fast.  Anyway, we should keep going."

> _