Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 158623 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Parsee RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #570 on: October 23, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
how the fuck did PoFV Hard st6 Reimu last OVER THREE MINUTES?

I've almost perfected her, had maxed out the chain, then I get hit 3 times out of nowhere and I lose.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #571 on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:16 PM »
how the fuck did PoFV Hard st6 Reimu last OVER THREE MINUTES?

I've almost perfected her, had maxed out the chain, then I get hit 3 times out of nowhere and I lose.
Is this on your first round against her? Because as far as I'm aware, unless you're insanely good at PoFV you might as well resign yourself to a death on Stages 6-9 to ease up the AI a little. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #572 on: October 23, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
Tried PoFV hard.
Guess what, 1 death on st6, 2 on st7, 1 on st8 and Shiki killed me twice. Game over.
Sounds like Lunatic? It's the same goddamn thing. Might as well as remove the difficulty levels.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #573 on: October 23, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »

It would certainly help if I knew what was coming  :V

Oh well, this is quite fun.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Bananamatic

« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »
These 2 screens perfectly describe PoFV.

It's like the game thought "okay dude, you are good indeed, but this is the first round so you HAVE to lose"

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #575 on: October 24, 2009, 01:10:30 AM »
Apparently word hasn't gotten around that the character you choose is secretly another option for the difficulty level. 
Marisa is actually "Hard mode + spell charge buff".

----

A while ago I said that no boss had ever made me RAGEquit as hard or as often as Kogasa Tatara.

Ichirin just passed her.  Worst. Boss. Since Yuugi.  wait that was only last year

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #576 on: October 24, 2009, 01:16:22 AM »
It's funny because Ichirin is pretty tame outside of King Kraken Strike. :P Well, Scolding Scorch has a habit of throwing you a hard wave of lasers near the end, but whatever.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #577 on: October 24, 2009, 01:17:52 AM »
Apparently word hasn't gotten around that the character you choose is secretly another option for the difficulty level. 
Marisa is actually "Hard mode + spell charge buff".
If Marisa is Hard, Reimu is EX Lunatic.
Stage 6 Marisa, ugh. Reimu's balls are manageable, but Marisa's instaspawn lasers....

Then what are the poor touhous which have to go against Medicine? Ultra Mode?
Seriously, she is supposed to SLOW YOU DOWN, not completely disable any movement.
Aya charging 10 cameras at once moves faster.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #578 on: October 24, 2009, 01:23:33 AM »
Hit by homing Survival Spell Card.

Like seriously, I was sitting there, watching more than half the bullets miss and them boom. Evil, evil yellow-brown bullets. I wanted to see the final attack  ;_____;

EDIT: Once I clear this, I'm going to change my name as appropriate.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:28:30 AM by Baity »
<>

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #579 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »
Hit by homing Survival Spell Card.

Like seriously, I was sitting there, watching more than half the bullets miss and them boom. Evil, evil yellow-brown bullets. I wanted to see the final attack  ;_____;

EDIT: Once I clear this, I'm going to change my name as appropriate.
I still haven't managed to get that to work. It looks like fun. ;_;
Let's fight.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #580 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47:48 AM »
If Marisa is Hard, Reimu is EX Lunatic.
Stage 6 Marisa, ugh. Reimu's balls are manageable, but Marisa's instaspawn lasers....

Then what are the poor touhous which have to go against Medicine? Ultra Mode?
Seriously, she is supposed to SLOW YOU DOWN, not completely disable any movement.
Aya charging 10 cameras at once moves faster.
I'm talking about your player character, silly~
There are only a few AI characters that are necessarily tougher than the others; Sikieiki and Medicine are the two I can think of.  The rest are basically the same - easy at first, maddening in the end.

There's nothing really instaspawn about Marisa's lasers, but the fact that they're spawning while hundreds of bullets are coming from every other direction makes you not notice them immediately.

@donut:  I cannot read her wall nonspells at all, I can pretty consistently run into stationary bullets during her Annihilation attack, and the usual slowdown.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #581 on: October 24, 2009, 01:51:32 AM »
ARGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHGHGH

GOD DAMNIT YUYUKO

Died twice with 3 bombs in stock. got to Deep Rooted Butterfly...

I'm not going to fool myself and say that if it wasn't for that I would have finished the game, but DAMNIT it makes me frustrated that I play the game accordingly to my skills, bombing where I need, and then I get to the last boss i completely space out and die in the most stupid ways I can imagine... i ran into bullets.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #582 on: October 24, 2009, 01:53:32 AM »
ARGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHGHGH

GOD DAMNIT YUYUKO

Died twice with 3 bombs in stock. got to Deep Rooted Butterfly...

I'm not going to fool myself and say that if it wasn't for that I would have finished the game, but DAMNIT it makes me frustrated that I play the game accordingly to my skills, bombing where I need, and then I get to the last boss i completely space out and die in the most stupid ways I can imagine... i ran into bullets.
Clearly you are highly allergic to final bosses. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #583 on: October 24, 2009, 01:55:59 AM »
I'm talking about your player character, silly~
There are only a few AI characters that are necessarily tougher than the others; Sikieiki and Medicine are the two I can think of. 
Yeah, but apparently stage 6 onwards are fixed......and some get Medicine. The fact that she appears only in stage 7 is just a kick in the balls. Goodbye 2 lives.

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #584 on: October 24, 2009, 01:56:33 AM »
PoDD Lunatic.

Ellen, I hate your balls.

Formless God

« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2009, 04:56:09 AM »
Boundary of Human and Youkai.

LAST SECOND.
GODDAMN BUTTERFLY.

« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2009, 10:00:37 AM »
AFAFDSAFDS I can't play for beans today :(.  I can't get past Stage effing 2 of UFO without dying a million times, and the stages are now killing me more than the freaking final bosses.  I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #587 on: October 24, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »
Clearly you are highly allergic to final bosses. :V

Definitely! :V

They all hate me, all of them! Specially Kaguya >_>

:V
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #588 on: October 24, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »
FUCKING HELL ARE YOU SERIOUS
YUMEMI WHY THE HELL ARE YOU FOLLOWING SHIKI'S BAD EXAMPLE I THOUGHT PODD DIDN'T DO THAT JESUS CHRIST

What the hell was that? Seriously. I fought Yumemi (as Yumemi) for two minutes... we both used both our bombs pretty fast, and soon Yumemi was at half an orb while I was still at full health. Cut to a minute later, I use a hyper attack (while still at full health) with a load of shit raining down everywhere on both screens. Cut to ANOTHER minute later, Yumemi summons a boss and an L3 and a load of other crap and I get hit three times in about ten seconds and die. That match must have lasted five minutes.

FUCK
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #589 on: October 24, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
But see, PoDD balances it out somewhat in that it's possible to do this to the AI as well. I've seen lunatic Chiyuri survive for 3 minutes without getting hit and wasting me, then getting hit twice in five seconds and me pulling off a victory.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #590 on: October 24, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »
BLARG.  I realized something today.  Why EoSD Extra suddenly became doable.  It's because MarisaA breaks it  :V

Everything is so much easier with her  :-X

« Reply #591 on: October 24, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »
Out of curiosity, I tried a serious attempt at 1ccing PoFV Lunatic (read: without lolMedicine). I chose Sakuya and got all the way to Komachi with only one life lost (against...Medicine!).

Then Komachi killed me five times. I didn't even get to Shiki. :V

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #592 on: October 24, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

VoWG Timeout:
27 seconds left, I die. ;_;. Oh well, at least I can 1 death it!
10 FUCKING SECONDS LATER, I DIE. NO 1 DEATH TIMEOUT FOR ME. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #593 on: October 24, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »
Dammit, almost pulled a NDNB "VoWG" timeout. It had me flying through walls and stuff.

This was following a near-perfect 0 Power run.
<>

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #594 on: October 24, 2009, 10:41:29 PM »
"Hey, I have an idea, let's try 1ccing IN with Magic Team!"

*gets past Tewi

"Three lives, my life count is starting to look decent again."

*clipdeath with three bombs in stock

Of course, this run ends a decent way through Hourai Jewel.  If I had that spare life, would have easily made it.

If I need to blame something else, I -really- need to practice Stage 3.  Both the stage and Keine ruin me since it's been so long since I've seriously played Touhou, and even longer since I've actually practiced anything in IN.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #595 on: October 24, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
NO!!!  I was so close to a 1cc of EoSD Hard...  It was within my reach...  So close...

After failing multiple times on EoSD Extra, I decided for a change of pace and went to go try EoSD Hard.  Some silly deaths here and there, and I got to Remi.  Oh my God she's so different from Normal.  I lost TWO freaking lives to her god damn OPENER!  Those bubble bullets are ridiculous.  I have no idea how to determine whether they're going to hit me, and I lost two lives because of it.  Lame.

Then I survive to Vampire Illusion, where she takes my last life.  But just to humor myself, I decided to continue.  One continue later, I get to Scarlet Meister.  I want Scarlet Shoot back.  But I got it down to like a SLIVER of a life left before I got completely walled and had to bomb out.  THEN I go to Scarlet Gensokyo.  All it took was one bomb.  ONE FREAKING BOMB!  ALMOST got a first try capture of Scarlet Gensokyo :(
The catcher is that I didn't lose another life or use another bomb after Vampire Illusion.  Meaning that if I didn't lose those two lives to Remi's opening, I would have for sure for sure 1cced EoSD Hard.  I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #596 on: October 24, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »
Those bubble bullets are ridiculous.  I have no idea how to determine whether they're going to hit me, and I lost two lives because of it.

unless i'm very much mistaken, the hitbox for the giant bubble bullets is the white area in the middle.

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #597 on: October 24, 2009, 11:37:28 PM »
unless i'm very much mistaken, the hitbox for the giant bubble bullets is the white area in the middle.

The white area on the OUTSIDE has no hitbox, but the red part will kill you. Since the outer part seems smaller on Remi's opener than other attacks...

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #598 on: October 24, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »
IIRC bubble bullets have a bigger hitbox than usual in EoSD, like the round fat bullets.

On a rage-ish note, I keep dying to pre-Stage 7 enemies in PoDD. <_<
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #599 on: October 24, 2009, 11:54:46 PM »

Worst Case Scanario
'd

Getting caught at the end of the ring of bullets at that angle is suicide.
<>