Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 158219 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #540 on: October 22, 2009, 08:59:56 AM »
Ah... that's why Donut's UFO Lunatic 1cc was full of bombs :D

Thanks for letting me know.
But.... how do you play at x1.5 and x2 speed though ? And why did it bring your COMP comp to a near meltdown ? O_o
While he's sleeping, allow me to say
Spoiler:
he was pretty anxious about doing the run itself.
My run was even more strange. I had an entire run prepared, with all the bombs planned. If there was an attack that I couldn't consistently do, I would immediately bomb it knowing that one bomb was enough.

1.5x and 2x Speed can be done via the Vsync patches. You can increase the FPS that the games play at (and as far as I know, you can't slow the games down by this method). 90 FPS and 120 FPS are 1.5x and 2x Speed respectively.

It wasn't bringing my CPU to a near meltdown, fortunately. But my computer was restricted to 90 FPS when recording and playing at the same time.

That being said, allow me to also use this post to say:
Quote from: #sm
[18:50] <Baity> 3 words about IN:
[18:51] <Baity> fucking hourai jewel
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:02:11 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Re: Parsee RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #541 on: October 22, 2009, 11:03:38 AM »
Failed a UFO Hard 1cc. I failed due to stupid spellcards and a stage 5 that needs to be memorized as well as the UFO system.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #542 on: October 22, 2009, 12:06:50 PM »
fucking hourai jewel
What are you talking about? Hourai Jewel is really easy and no-one should have any problems with it whatsoever. *shifty eyes*

* Sapz runs
Let's fight.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #543 on: October 22, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »
It's boring, it's long, it's repetitive, it's easy to make a mistake and there's a bug with it that occurs based on your current position.

Edited OP with a more suitable image.
<>

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #544 on: October 22, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
It's boring, it's long, it's repetitive, it's easy to make a mistake and there's a bug with it that occurs based on your current position.
Yeah, I was joking. :P I hate Hourai Jewel myself, it took me something like six or seven hours of solid attempts in Spell Practice to get my first capture of it. <_< It's less difficult than I originally thought, but still managed to ruin most of my 1cc attempts.

I just tried an SA Lunatic 1cc for the first time. I didn't reach Stage 4. :V

I've advanced from being mercilessly killed by Mima to being mercilessly killed by Chiyuri. Progress is progress, I guess...?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:12:14 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #545 on: October 22, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »
jezus christ SWR has got to be the worst game ever. I dont get story mode at all, even on easy I couldnt beat it. I don't understand the fighting itself, I mean, just push your enemy into a corner and spam Z, then she 'dies' and goes spellcard mode. how the FUCK am I supposed to avoid those cards? Sure I can block some, but then I get pushed all the way back and when I run in to attack she activates her card again so I cant do shit. Just some examples, yukari was spamming these balls in a circle shape sending about 6 waves, stopping on the floor for about 2 seconds then repeats. Sure I can block it eternally but I cant even get more than 1 hit on her after every wave. And then Reimu spamming those card things which break up into more cards which explode, no way I can dodge that, oh well let me just get up from the floor and - O WAIT more explosions right after I get up.

TL;DR: I suck at SWR

Bananamatic

« Reply #546 on: October 22, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
TL;DR: I suck at SWR
I've got locked down by Tenshi for TWO LIFEBARS. On EASY.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #547 on: October 22, 2009, 04:36:09 PM »
Uh... Graze the attacks?

Formless God

« Reply #548 on: October 22, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »
Spoiler:
Also rage at your well done artworks

Spoiler:
Thanks !  :D

On-topic ...

I'VE JUST ABOUT TO PULL OFF THE CLOSEST MAGIC MILKY WAY CAPTURE, EVER, UNTIL THE STARS PUSHED ME INTO THIS GODDAMN LASER PASSING BY.

RAAAAAAAAGE.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #549 on: October 22, 2009, 06:59:47 PM »
yukari

She's evil in SWR. EVIL! No one in the entire rest of the game even remotely comes close to being even 1/9999999999999999999999999999 as nasty as her. Not even Remi, who comes in at a DISTANT second. Note that this is reversed in IaMP... Though IaMP Remi still isn't nearly as bad as SWR Yukari T_T

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #550 on: October 23, 2009, 12:36:04 AM »
ALRIGHT WHAT THE HELL

I get to Mima with three lives

I game over

SHE WAS STAGE 5

WHAT THE HELL

SERIOUSLY

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #551 on: October 23, 2009, 01:50:06 AM »
Just tried using Ellen for the first time ever. I somehow made it to stage 7 with all my lives. Then PoDD reminded me why I should never set out with the goal of 1ccing the game ever again. All 5 lives. Gone.

Ellen's not that good anyway. I think her EX attack is somewhat effective against the AI therefore making her something only noobs would ever use according to Baity because it is remotely useful, but her charge speed is pitiful. Both Ellen and Rikako have one star in charge speed, but the difference between Ellen and Rikako is still ridiculous (I compared when I fought her). It takes a little more than 2 seconds just to fill one part of the charge bar.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #552 on: October 23, 2009, 02:04:23 AM »
Started learning how to do MoF Extra No Vert. Guess.
<>

« Reply #553 on: October 23, 2009, 02:04:48 AM »
She's evil in SWR. EVIL! No one in the entire rest of the game even remotely comes close to being even 1/9999999999999999999999999999 as nasty as her. Not even Remi, who comes in at a DISTANT second. Note that this is reversed in IaMP... Though IaMP Remi still isn't nearly as bad as SWR Yukari T_T
I don't know about that; I'm decent at IaMP and terrible at SWR (but not UNL, lol), and I managed to 1cc lunatic against Yukari (using Remi, I think?), whereas I can't 1cc IaMP lunatic with anyone that ends up fighting Remi any later than stage 1.

Also, protip for Tenshi's last card; Border Escape.  As soon as you start using Border Escapes it goes from "dear god what the hell is this" to "...this is a last card?"

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #554 on: October 23, 2009, 02:32:03 AM »
got to Medicine with Mystia, two lives

a continue later, I game over again

no, seriously, what the hell

Touhou isn't fun anymore

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2009, 04:03:08 AM »
Today I was going to 1cc UFO for sure.  I had given up 100% on trying to capture every single spell card.  Everything was working out pretty well.  I got to Byakuren with 6 lives and 6 bombs.  I can so do this.  Then my habit of trying to capture every spell card came into play.  Lost multiple lives on single spell cards, and I ended up going into Flying Fantastica with 2 lives and 2 bombs.  I failed on her last sliver of life haha.

I guess it's my fault though for trying to capture stuff all of a sudden :X

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #556 on: October 23, 2009, 04:11:17 AM »
I can do this... if I didn't stop forgetting methods to do certain Spell Cards.
<>

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #557 on: October 23, 2009, 05:59:57 AM »
I just beat Utsuho with Marisa A, on Normal with 3 lives left

but when I went to save my score the game crashed ,so apparently it didn't count...
FUCK!!!

Formless God

« Reply #558 on: October 23, 2009, 06:06:22 AM »
^ That one happened to me as well. The game crashed at the staffroll.
Beating Okuu with ONE death on Normal is NOT something I could do on every run =/

ebarrett

« Reply #559 on: October 23, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »
Tried a no focus, no vertical PoFV lunatic run with Shikieiki. Died once to Marisa, twice to Aya (should have been only one but I ran into a spirit - for a second I forgot I was doing a no focus run), but still arrived at Komachi with two lives to spare, and would most certainly gain one more from score after beating her. Wasn't really expecting to beat Reimu later but getting to her on my first Shikieiki NFNV try would have been good enough.

Now, the thing about no-vertical PoFV is that when you get hit, you get bounced around. And then every single time I got hit by Komachi, I got bounced upwards. Lost all three lives there, all three times dying at about boss summon height.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2009, 01:00:45 PM »
Welp, I suck at PoDD Lunatic. :V Didn't even reach Chiyuri this time. Damn confusing bouncing bullets... and Mima's boss summon/L3 combo is still raping me pretty hard.
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #561 on: October 23, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »
Welp, I suck at PoDD Lunatic. :V Didn't even reach Chiyuri this time. Damn confusing bouncing bullets... and Mima's boss summon/L3 combo is still raping me pretty hard.
I gave up after the first stage perfected me. :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #562 on: October 23, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
Guys, why are you watching Part 2 of my video while it's still processing?  :V

I gave up after the first stage perfected me. :V
This happened a lot back in the day when I was a Hard-Level Player.
<>

ebarrett

« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
Guys, why are you watching Part 2 of my video while it's still processing?  :V

Because we had already watched the replay anyway?

Because blurry image reduces the chances of going cross-eyed at Mishuhuhufigupajamas?

Also, why are 80% of the images on MotK disappearing randomly for me?

And while we are at it FFFFFF YUKARI'S LAST WORD
I don't want to watch a replay but I can do the PCB waves blindfolded by now and I still can't figure out the first of the "new" ones.  :'(

That, and lunatic Hourai Exilir has killed me in the last second who knows how many times already. 220/222 for about a month now.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:44:12 PM by ebarrett »

Bananamatic

« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2009, 01:40:30 PM »
This happened a lot back in the day when I was a Hard-Level Player.
It's like PoFV, except that the bullets are now homing and the bullets are now fairies and they take 5 hits each before they die!
Oh and no focus

PoFV Lunatic=PoDD easy.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #565 on: October 23, 2009, 01:49:07 PM »
Also, why are 80% of the images on MotK disappearing randomly for me?
We willingly decided to temporarily not use images for a time period.

Parsee time (before I go to sleep):
  • AM's No Vert MoF Extra is what got me interested in doing it in the first place. He clears 2/4.00 and captures "Suwa War"
  • AM also did a Stage 4 MoF Lunatic, No Vert. Perfect Aya battle, Momiji taken down without bombing
  • AM's also done several other things which make me :parsee: at him in general. Actually, I wish to surpass him, but we all know that's a Pipe Dream at the moment
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:50:53 PM by Baity »
<>

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Got a perfect PCB stage 3 going, but then Hanged Hourai Dolls completely walled me.
DAMN IT, so close to a perfect.  :-[

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5569

« Reply #567 on: October 23, 2009, 05:50:53 PM »
And while we are at it FFFFFF YUKARI'S LAST WORD
I don't want to watch a replay but I can do the PCB waves blindfolded by now and I still can't figure out the first of the "new" ones.  :'(
I have a replay if you want to see how I did it (the unnecessarily difficult and graze-y way :V). If you'd like, I could do it normally with another shot if that'd be easier to learn from.

Bananamatic

« Reply #568 on: October 23, 2009, 05:51:29 PM »
I've unlocked Yukari's LW, but I simply can't be arsed to clear it.
Never got past the 1st "new" wave.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #569 on: October 23, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »
Many, many, many 1 death timeouts of "Scarlet Meister".
<>