Author Topic: Satorin RAGE Thread: Volume III  (Read 158636 times)

ebarrett

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread: Volume III
« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2009, 04:47:38 AM »
To be honest, I'm not crazy about the sound quality I'm getting from Hypercam, but the real pressing issue is how all the colors are reversed. D: Any idea how to solve this?

I only got reversed colors when once, when I tried to record fullscreen. If you're already recording windowed I can't help you there.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #481 on: October 20, 2009, 04:51:00 AM »

. . .

WHAT THE FUCK IS SO TABOO ABOUT RECORDING FULL-SCREEN?! I MEAN SHIT, IT'S THE WAY I PLAY, WHY DOES EVERY RECORDING SOFTWARE HAVE TO HATE IT?!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #482 on: October 20, 2009, 05:37:54 AM »
Actually, the colors are inverted for everything, not just Anex86. A simple video of my desktop turns the blues of it orange. ??? I know this isn't really on topic, but if I'm to record PC-98 I really want to figure this out.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #483 on: October 20, 2009, 06:47:46 AM »
Actually, the colors are inverted for everything, not just Anex86. A simple video of my desktop turns the blues of it orange. ??? I know this isn't really on topic, but if I'm to record PC-98 I really want to figure this out.
If you're recording off of Anex86, try checking Full Color under the Window tab (I believe that's what it was).  Even fullscreen screenshots were inverted for me until I did that.

nintendonut888

« Reply #484 on: October 20, 2009, 06:55:33 AM »
Dude...I unchecked full color just to see what happened, and suddenly the playback recording was like HRtP ON ACID. :O

In other words, nope. I think considering even a video of my desktop has messed up colors it's a problem with the Hypercam settings.

« Reply #485 on: October 20, 2009, 06:59:03 AM »
Dude...I unchecked full color just to see what happened, and suddenly the playback recording was like HRtP ON ACID. :O
I say record it anyway then, this sounds entertaining.

In all serious though, I have no idea what it could be then.

I blame Vista.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #486 on: October 20, 2009, 06:59:44 AM »
...I think I perfected the first five stages of MoF Easy. Not quite sure, and I forgot to save the replay but...

Anyway, here was a recent run of stage 6:

Perfect until Miracle of Otensui.

Die once to Miracle of Otensui.

Get Virtue of Wall God down to 1/8 health.

Proceed to be trapped TWICE, having to bomb two times.

Gah... I'm trying to capture all Easy mode cards in the series, but these two are seriously in the way...

ebarrett

« Reply #487 on: October 20, 2009, 07:09:56 AM »
Die once to Miracle of Otensui.

Get Virtue of Wall God down to 1/8 health.

Proceed to be trapped TWICE, having to bomb two times.

Miracle of Otensui/Source of Rains is a stupid card made of hate no matter the difficulty.

Mountain of Faith (easy) is famously harder than Mountain of Faith (normal). I've never seen it, though, considering I started playing MoF by unashamedly bombspamming my way through normal mode.  :V

So, yeah, good luck on Otensui, and try reading the amulets while they're still inside the "flowers" on Walls of Faith.

nintendonut888

« Reply #488 on: October 20, 2009, 07:12:32 AM »
LOL

The problem was the media player I was using. It's great for watching MP4 files and superplays, but apparently it inverts the colors when Hypercam is used. Windows Media Player runs it fine.

Now there remains only one problem before I am finally set to record myself playing PC-98: When I record with Hypercam, the video doesn't fill the whole screen, but seems to occupy only a small corner of the media player. Is this supposed to happen or do I have something wrong?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #489 on: October 20, 2009, 07:35:35 AM »
Reset the Recording Region?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Formless God

« Reply #490 on: October 20, 2009, 09:25:15 AM »
SHOU IS COMPLETE BS.

I COULD CAPTURE LAZORS ON HARD, ON MY FIRST TRY, BUT NOT HER RADIANT TREASURE GUN.
THE NON-SPELL AFTER THAT IS RIDICULOUS TOO.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

« Reply #491 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
nintendonut: Probably a codec error.  Just use VLC or ffdshow.  And set your recording area to 640x480 in the top left corner.  That's the native resolution for all full screen Touhou games.

If you still can't get it to work, try Camtasia instead.

nintendonut888

« Reply #492 on: October 20, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
nintendonut: Probably a codec error.  Just use VLC or ffdshow.  And set your recording area to 640x480 in the top left corner.  That's the native resolution for all full screen Touhou games.

If you still can't get it to work, try Camtasia instead.

And with this, Hypercam and Anex86 full screen are ready for recording! Thank you all for your patience! :D

BTW, the media player that messed up the colors WAS VLC. :P

Oh, another smaller issue: Whenever I stop the recording, Hypercam sees the need to pop its window back up and exit the recording. Is there a way to stop this? This is the LAST issue I have. I'll take it for a test recording when I get home from school today.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:06:44 PM by nintendonut888 »

Formless God

« Reply #493 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:58 PM »
... Wait what ? Fraps wouldn't record from Anex86 ? O_o

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #494 on: October 20, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »
RAN OUT OF CONTINUES AT 98% CLEAR OF EOSD ON NORMAL
I AM BAD AT TOUHOUS SO THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND ATTEMPT AT IT BUT STILL
SO CLOSE
AND YET SO FAR
DAMN YOU REMILIA AND YOUR "NEENER NEENER I'MMA GONNA PHASE OUT SO YOU CAN'T HIT ME" BULLSHIT

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »
WHAT THE HELL

Unable to get through Stage 2 of MS without dying.

Unable to bomb.

Unable to dodge simple streaming.

Killed by Extends.  Twice.

WHAT

THE

HELL

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #496 on: October 20, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »
Why is it that whenever I'm playing UFO, I tend to think of the overly religious, overly arrogant assholes on youtube?   

Bananamatic

« Reply #497 on: October 20, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »
Why is it that whenever I'm playing UFO, I tend to think of the overly religious, overly arrogant assholes on youtube?
Like this?
I wish Shou's attacks were atleast deathbombable. The lasers go so fast that you either luck out and capture it, bomb it instantly or die.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #498 on: October 20, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
<>

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #499 on: October 20, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »
What am I doing wrong?

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=5506

Other than the fact that Shiki was fucking cheating right at the end.

I was tensed at the end of Stage 6 though, both of us are in full power and just tossing summons back at each other...

« Reply #500 on: October 21, 2009, 02:41:17 AM »
Like this?
I wish Shou's attacks were atleast deathbombable. The lasers go so fast that you either luck out and capture it, bomb it instantly or die.

Nope... go to youtube, type in nephilimfree, geerup, or venomfangxmirror and try to watch 1 of their videos without wanting to reach through your monitor and rip the faces off these people.

Formless God

« Reply #501 on: October 21, 2009, 04:48:27 AM »
Why didn't I restart?

*picks up jaw*
How long have you been playing this ?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #502 on: October 21, 2009, 05:04:23 AM »
It'd be nice if I knew the exact date though. Oh wait, I know a good reference.

1 year and 1-2 months. This is according to my PCB High Score list, which says that I've 1cc'd PCB Easy (which took me 1-2 weeks IIRC) sometime mid-September.
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #503 on: October 21, 2009, 05:06:38 AM »
*picks up jaw*
How long have you been playing this ?

*whistles and points to bjw and my perfect PCB stage 5 lunatic runs*

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #504 on: October 21, 2009, 05:08:18 AM »
Ok, fine I'll perfect it. It's not that hard y'know. And watch me not misdirect Youmu's opener(s).

Man, and I was still trying to Perfect Stage 5 SA.
<>

Formless God

« Reply #505 on: October 21, 2009, 05:14:06 AM »
Ugh ... I envy you people ;_;.

I've just got brutally raped by Ichirin and Shou on Hard.
And it's been 2 months since I picked up my first Touhou game *sighs* ._.

EDIT: Hmmm... EoSD, PCB, IN cleared on Lunatic (with continues of course ...), MoF Hard, SA Normal and UFO Normal. Haven't touched any Extras yet. Actually I could capture most of Suwacko and Nue's spell cards, but with external help.
I fail ;_;
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:18:47 AM by Formless God »

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #506 on: October 21, 2009, 05:24:22 AM »
*whistles and points to bjw and my perfect PCB stage 5 lunatic runs*

Hey.

EDIT: Hmmm... EoSD, PCB, IN cleared on Lunatic (with continues of course ...), MoF Hard, SA Normal and UFO Normal. Haven't touched any Extras yet. Actually I could capture most of Suwacko and Nue's spell cards, but with external help.
I fail ;_;
it's been 2 months since I picked up my first Touhou game

And I envy you.

theshirn

« Reply #507 on: October 21, 2009, 05:27:08 AM »
It'd be nice if I knew the exact date though. Oh wait, I know a good reference.

1 year and 1-2 months. This is according to my PCB High Score list, which says that I've 1cc'd PCB Easy (which took me 1-2 weeks IIRC) sometime mid-September.
So...basically, you've been playing Touhou all of a month at most more than me.

...I'm going to go sit in the corner now, sick with misery, rage, and envy.

Also:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #508 on: October 21, 2009, 05:31:07 AM »
Ugh ... I envy you people ;_;
If I said I didn't 1cc any Hard until... March this year, would that make you better? That was IN Hard, Reimu Solo (for the sake of Last Words). So about 7-8 months in was my first Hard 1cc.

Though, this is interesting:
Hard Mode
2 months since I picked up my first Touhou game *sighs* ._.
1cc or not, pushing yourself higher is a great way to develop. I reckon you (and a lot of other people actually) have potential to go pretty far.

Cut by Nwbi: oh lol.

So...basically, you've been playing Touhou all of a month at most more than me.

...I'm going to go sit in the corner now, sick with misery, rage, and envy.

Also:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/27/parseerage.jpg
Note that my skill didn't pick up until about 5-6 months ago, where I started to believe in "Spell Card Theory" being the answer to all my questions.

So yeah  :V

EDIT: Didn't know the slashing lines on "Hell God Sword" were lethal, and got stuck between them  :V
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:59:01 AM by Baity »
<>

theshirn

« Reply #509 on: October 21, 2009, 05:35:30 AM »
Baity, I demand that you change the topic title to Parsee RAGE Thread: Volume III

DOITNOW