Author Topic: RNG And Waifus Thread XXX: Now with even more waifus and Bride dresses !  (Read 105434 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Re: RNG And Dragons Thread XXX: Now with even more Jammer Cards !
« Reply #480 on: June 06, 2016, 11:23:04 PM »
Maxius is basically poverty Awoken Thor in use as a sub.  Potentially handy if you need the burst and don't have the aforementioned, but keep in mind even at max Maxius is still pretty darn slow(although since he's a burst-enabler you shouldn't need him more than once or twice ideally anyway)

The light resists(or was his water?) could prove handy to have around too.  His stats are a LITTLE lower than one would like but they're not ENTIRELY unforgivable.  He's just so....MEDIOCRE, is his biggest issue.  Useful bits here and there but nothing spectacular.  (All of the other bicolor enhancers can have the same said of them, with the other silvers being similarly "eh" at most.  Heck, a couple of the golds are also pretty lacking.  I'm looking at you, Balancile/Polaris mainly.  Asmo, Saiga Another, and Kiriko are the real prizes, especially that last one, though they're a bit on the outdated side of powercreep unfortunately.  Sakuya/Athena/Sonia Another are "interesting" but not enough of improvements and far too rare to be worth hunting for IMO, and Saku's DEFINITELY not worth 300k MP.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:25:58 PM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #481 on: June 06, 2016, 11:56:34 PM »
What team now? If it's a spike team you can probably afford to do that, but on a stall team the heart row and faster cooldown on Protection Magic is invaluable.

It's more of a spike team with Skuld, i don't have as much of a broad array of subs to work with, so i will struggle to reach even 25k, i'll have to rely on spike damage.

As an example my team's HP max level with no +eggs reaches just about 23k.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #482 on: June 07, 2016, 12:37:47 AM »
Good thing: Metalits are an upcoming Scheat skillup and are ridiculously easy to get.

Bad thing: They haven't rotated yet, so my box is completely clogged with Metalits right now.

It's more of a spike team with Skuld, i don't have as much of a broad array of subs to work with, so i will struggle to reach even 25k, i'll have to rely on spike damage.

As an example my team's HP max level with no +eggs reaches just about 23k.

I'd say inheriting onto something else isn't probably a bad call then. Skuld is sturdy enough that you can probably find a floor to stall it up if you know you'll need it, and strong enough that you shouldn't be spending too much time on floors with chain binds if you don't want to. HOWEVER, I would honestly kind of recommend against using Famiel on a Skuld team, at least if your friend lead is also a Skuld. Three board changes on one team is very poor utility. The extra prongs would definitely be good so maybe you can get away with it for that, but I think you would be much better served by something more reliable like an orbchange.

Or maybe pick a friend lead that isn't Skuld so you can spread your actives out a bit. Maybe... ALRESCHA? :o
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #483 on: June 07, 2016, 01:06:26 AM »
Or maybe pick a friend lead that isn't Skuld so you can spread your actives out a bit. Maybe... ALRESCHA? :o

Jq has a Karin, an Alrescha and a Sumire, i`m swimming in alternatives, and i need the better damage, i know there aren`t many other Water cards that have a Bind Heal awakening AND are unbindable, but i think that it`ll have to do, DMeta`s shield will probably be good enough to save my ass, Reine carries her heartbreaker AS just in case, and honestly, unless i intentionally stall, Skuld easily one-shots tons of stuff with this new buff.

But yea, Alrescha and Sumire and awesome too.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2016, 01:37:35 AM »
i have fallen to the dark side.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #485 on: June 07, 2016, 03:49:42 AM »
Maxius is basically poverty Awoken Thor in use as a sub.

I have Thor :V

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Jq1790

« Reply #486 on: June 07, 2016, 04:05:07 AM »
Well then they're basically worthless to you.  To the incinerator with them!

(unless you feel like keeping em around for some reason I mean)

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #487 on: June 07, 2016, 04:07:50 AM »
Maybe I'll use them for a 100% Water DMG Red. That'd be nice. If I Awaken Maximus, I'll have 40% (or 50%?), plus 25ish% from Pollux. Then, another Pollux will get me to 51+(either 40 or 50)% Water Reduction. Maybe then I could do some more Descends.

EDIT:
For the record, when I say 40 or 50%, I'm including the Fagan I have. Maximus has 3 or 4 Reduction Awakenings, and Fagan has 1.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #488 on: June 07, 2016, 04:49:33 AM »

That's not all of them.

« Reply #489 on: June 07, 2016, 06:07:46 AM »
Maybe I'll use them for a 100% Water DMG Red. That'd be nice. If I Awaken Maximus, I'll have 40% (or 50%?), plus 25ish% from Pollux. Then, another Pollux will get me to 51+(either 40 or 50)% Water Reduction. Maybe then I could do some more Descends.

Doesn't quite work that way. Awakenings are additive with each other, so Maxius on his own does give 20% water resist, but this is multiplicative with leader skills (so dual Pollux + Maxius as sub would give you ~60% water resist in total). With Fagan, ~62%.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2016, 11:24:42 AM »
I feel like light is more limited in its heart creators than other colors, which I assume is because of its general association with healer types already. Which kinda sucks since Mille would be so much awesomer if she were literally any other color. Tri colors have the norns and mp mons, and dark is already full of people that create hearts. Heck, Yamatsumi is a farmable that increases wood and heart drops. It almost makes me wish I hadn't sold a few of the weapon series to see if I could play around with inheriting their skills and type change shenanigans. am sad

on a separate note, would you be up to finishing those coop dungeons sometime jq?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #491 on: June 07, 2016, 01:01:58 PM »
Yay, learning mechanics!

Doesn't quite work that way. Awakenings are additive with each other, so Maxius on his own does give 20% water resist, but this is multiplicative with leader skills (so dual Pollux + Maxius as sub would give you ~60% water resist in total). With Fagan, ~62%.

You just said that Awakenings are additive with each other and multiplicative with Leader Skills, so doesn't that mean that with dual Pollux leads and Maximus+Fagan as subs, you would get around 70% resist?

20% on Maximus, plus 10% on Fagan, times about 50% with the Polluxes, gets you...

(]Scratch Paper[)

30% of ~50% is about 15%, plus 50% again is... 65%.

K nevermind. It isn't much of a difference. So... To get 100%, I just need 10 Water Red. Awakenings, regardless of the Polluxes. How does this work with Latents?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #492 on: June 07, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
The game seems to treat latents as awakenings for all other purposes, so I assume they're additive with each-other and with normal awakenings. Not sure how much a sibgle latent actually resists though (guessing 1%?). I've been trying to find the exact numbers on latents lately and haven't been turning much up.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #493 on: June 07, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »
The game seems to treat latents as awakenings for all other purposes, so I assume they're additive with each-other and with normal awakenings. Not sure how much a sibgle latent actually resists though (guessing 1%?). I've been trying to find the exact numbers on latents lately and haven't been turning much up.

Yup, 1%, they're mostly to help with those pesky 100% Gravities.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #494 on: June 07, 2016, 01:32:19 PM »

Having to do the push under 50% but stay over 40% was super scary :<

Jq1790

« Reply #495 on: June 07, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »
on a separate note, would you be up to finishing those coop dungeons sometime jq?
Hop on IRC tonight and I can see what I can do!

Resists are 1% and yes they are additive with full resist Awakenings which are 5%.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:49:20 PM by Jq1790 »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #496 on: June 07, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »
Yup, 1%, they're mostly to help with those pesky 100% Gravities.

I've been thinking about this primarily because I just about have the MP to buy Charite, and it I do she solves a lot of my problems (which is to say, she deals with Awoken Meimei and Vishnu with just one active). If I replaced Beyzul (:() with her on my Gabriel team and inherited Ultra Gravity onto Reine, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to clear Arena 1 at least with Gabriel.

So anyway, if I end up buying her I'll have to make the call of whether I want to replace all of my latents with red resists for a semi-permanent 26% damage reduction (my Ryune best friend has rainbow resists). I would lose a fair amount of RCV and quite a lot of HP with that version of the team, but it's probably super worth it. I don't know.  Would have to think about it more. Meanwhile I'm no longer tossing excess red resists I come across and they're starting to clog my box.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #497 on: June 07, 2016, 01:54:24 PM »
I've been thinking about this primarily because I just about have the MP to buy Charite, and it I do she solves a lot of my problems (which is to say, she deals with Awoken Meimei and Vishnu with just one active). If I replaced Beyzul (:() with her on my Gabriel team and inherited Ultra Gravity onto Reine, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to clear Arena 1 at least with Gabriel.

So anyway, if I end up buying her I'll have to make the call of whether I want to replace all of my latents with red resists for a semi-permanent 26% damage reduction (my Ryune best friend has rainbow resists). I would lose a fair amount of RCV and quite a lot of HP with that version of the team, but it's probably super worth it. I don't know.  Would have to think about it more. Meanwhile I'm no longer tossing excess red resists I come across and they're starting to clog my box.

What are your current Latents ? If you have Undine she could be inherited for the 3-Turns Fire damage void as an option too, Charitee does suffer a bit with stats, but they're still decent i guess.

But hey, this might be a way for you to wreck Vishnu yourself ! Won't that be fun ?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #498 on: June 07, 2016, 02:16:43 PM »
It is amazing how high you can boost yourself if you match a few seconds faster.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #499 on: June 07, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
What are your current Latents ? If you have Undine she could be inherited for the 3-Turns Fire damage void as an option too, Charitee does suffer a bit with stats, but they're still decent i guess.

But hey, this might be a way for you to wreck Vishnu yourself ! Won't that be fun ?

My current latents are all RCV and HP boosts, since they get further multiplied by leader skills.

Pretty sure elementals can't donate since they're base 4*.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #500 on: June 07, 2016, 02:42:10 PM »
Pretty sure elementals can't donate since they're base 4*.

You can donate the elementals after you evolve them to 5*

I had to donate my Thanatos to DMeta for a while when I was max-skilling my Seraphis

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #501 on: June 07, 2016, 03:00:38 PM »
Wait, what? Okay. Good I guess. Well, I don't have one but I guess I might fish for one next time there's a Gala Of Tides.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
« Reply #502 on: June 07, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »
Wait, what? Okay. Good I guess. Well, I don't have one but I guess I might fish for one next time there's a Gala Of Tides.

As Undine herself says: "Payback Time !"
Even i kept my Shaitan. e.e

Jq1790

« Reply #503 on: June 07, 2016, 03:43:52 PM »
Yeah, the only REM cards who cannot donate ever are nonevolving silvers from collabs.  Handy, that.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2016, 03:56:18 PM »

Having to do the push under 50% but stay over 40% was super scary :<

Couldn't you have pushed them to 1%, then used Lucifer to knock them below resolve range after they restore 50% HP?

Though, with the amount of actives you had left it might be risky...

Yeah, the only REM cards who cannot donate ever are nonevolving silvers from collabs.  Handy, that.

And the vast majority of the time, those come from GungHo's own special PAD wedding/Halloween/etc. REMs. And Shinra Bansho.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #505 on: June 07, 2016, 04:02:31 PM »
hipster status vs functionality

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #506 on: June 07, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »
hipster status vs functionality

Yeah, but hipster status is only really valid if I'm successful. Without some really impressive clears I just have a bad team. Is using Gabriel as my lead not hipster enough for you? ;p

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #507 on: June 07, 2016, 04:22:40 PM »
Yeah, but hipster status is only really valid if I'm successful.
I guess arguably to be a hipster whatever you're doing will have to become cool at some point in the future
which puts you in a double bind. no beyzul = not cool, yes beyzul = no arena clear = not cool

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #508 on: June 07, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »
Couldn't you have pushed them to 1%, then used Lucifer to knock them below resolve range after they restore 50% HP?

Though, with the amount of actives you had left it might be risky...
Precisely that, I only had eschamali to burst and had to blow okuni on hades, so i just plinked with solo popcorns at best and TPAs at worst until it was time to go all out.

« Reply #509 on: June 07, 2016, 06:46:11 PM »
So... To get 100%, I just need 10 Water Red. Awakenings, regardless of the Polluxes.

20. So five Maxiuses or four of the PADZ version of Nirai Kanai. Needless to say this is not quite viable except in very specific cases.

(also Fagan only has one water resist, where are you getting 10% from?)