Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates - More waifu, more husbando, more sales!  (Read 106330 times)

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: So, The New Fire Emblem Game Just Released...
« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:06 AM »
Ugh... Conquest Chapter 10. I have semi workable strategy up to 8th turn, but after that my forces are usually overwhelmed with superor numbers and someone dies. Maybe i am missing something, like for example you can reflood the water or something like that.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:53 AM »
but I don't want to chea-:persona:

but it's alright. I just found a trick to grind their support rank by
Spoiler:
pairing kaze and corrin together obviously, then giving kaze felicia's flame shuriken. Since he has 0 magic he does zero damage. Then I get to heal him back up and grind felicia's staff rank simultaneously. Working wonderfully. I'm probably going to be spending even more turns this chapter just grinding orz

e: oh right I forgot I came here with a question. Around what is average for all the stats? A character guide suggests sticking in maid for felicia until her skill stat is good before I consider changing her class to something else. So what does that look like?

e2: hoooollllly crappp I'm so terrified right now. I was so busy being focused on grinding on the redo that I didn't realize that I forgot to grab one of the chests. Omg I'm so glad I noticed before I killed the boss.

e3: I, what. WHAT!?!?? WHAT?!?!??!!!!!!!?? I spent exactly 400 goddamned turns and that STILL wasn't enough? Do I actually need 2 maps for another event?
and waaaiit a minute. I spent like literally 60 sings apiece on myself, kaze, niles, and leo, but only kaze got a heart event. Maybe I actually do need 2 maps(?)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:58:55 AM by Mеа »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2016, 10:29:14 AM »
I accidentally read somewhere SPOILERS
Spoiler:
somewhere while looking up character info guide things that kaze leaves on chapter 15 if you don't have an A equivalent support rank with him. Which I guess I'm glad I did but I just beat chapter 14 and didn't get the next heart event like I was expecting. It wasn't bad but I really don't want to spend more time redoing it so I'm going to wait several 6 hour periods to try and bet on the private quarters being enough to get the next event. siggghhh
What you read was a spoiler but it wasn't for Conquest.  Everything is okay.

also
Quote from: me
It's worth pointing out that there's a cap on how much support you can get out of one Chapter.

---

Quote from: CF7
Maybe i am missing something, like for example you can reflood the water or something like that.
You're not missing something.  Once the water goes away the map becomes much more difficult.

If you would like a hint...
Spoiler:
If you only try to hold the top center area, you will get overwhelmed.  The more enemies you take out before the water level lowers, the fewer there will be to overwhelm you at the end.  Many units in the last wave can't reach the Defend tiles anyway, so you can ignore them.

---

Quote from: Mea
e: oh right I forgot I came here with a question. Around what is average for all the stats? A character guide suggests sticking in maid for felicia until her skill stat is good before I consider changing her class to something else. So what does that look like?
"suggests sticking in maid for felicia" are not words that should be used in that order in any reputable character guide.  Very long story short I'd only leave her in Maid if I wanted a healer/decent Flame Shiruken user and did not want to burn a Heart Seal on her.  (To answer your question, Felicia's Skill growth as a Maid is 10pp higher than as a Strategist... which means that on average she gets 4 more Skl over the course of 40 levels.  Maid Felicia is not reaching Lv. 40 without intense grinding.  Is < 4 Skl at endgame worth worrying about?)

tbqh I think you're worrying about things a lot more than you need to.  Even though it's Hard Conquest, as long as you use a mix of units you like and units who are obviously good you should be able to get through the game, especially if you have the ability to get child characters (whether you actually get/use them or not).

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »

Character growths are a little tricky... Each character has their own growth rates, and each class has their own growth rates. Just add them together and you get their total growth rates in that class.
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/growth-rates/
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-classes/growth-rates/
These two links have the numbers for both

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2016, 11:02:17 AM »
What you read was a spoiler but it wasn't for Conquest.  Everything is okay.

It's worth pointing out that there's a cap on how much support you can get out of one Chapter.
wait but that means
but that means
what I did was entirely pointless
sob sob

and I'm on lunatic, but yeah, I do hope so. I'm just going to be-lieeve that I have all the tools I need. Even if it means hammering with and screwdriver later on.

Thanks PX!

e: ohhhhh so that's what the talent thing at the beginning of the game does. I completely forgot about that. I was like, well I turn into a dragon later on right I guess my talent is dragon then :persona: thank you smash 4
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:08:53 PM by Mеа »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2016, 10:03:04 PM »
and I'm on lunatic, but yeah, I do hope so. I'm just going to be-lieeve that I have all the tools I need. Even if it means hammering with and screwdriver later on.
In THAT case, make sure that you're using a mix of characters you like and characters who are obviously good... that has three or so staff users with decent staff rank on standby.  Also make sure you have one copy of each status staff prior to Ch. 26.

Like, I'm not about telling people how to play and I'm not about spoiling things but lategame Conquest Lunatic is ~*~special~*~.

e: ohhhhh so that's what the talent thing at the beginning of the game does. I completely forgot about that. I was like, well I turn into a dragon later on right I guess my talent is dragon then :persona: thank you smash 4
Sadly, it's not as exciting as it sounds.  (It's hardly the worst Talent though!)

CF7

« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »
You know what, game? FUCK. YOU.
Anyway, Chapter 10 cleared. Without any deaths. I didn't grab the shield, but i guess that's an acceptable sacrifice. Also had to use both charges of my Rescue Staff.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2016, 11:24:51 PM »
In THAT case, make sure that you're using a mix of characters you like and characters who are obviously good... that has three or so staff users with decent staff rank on standby.  Also make sure you have one copy of each status staff prior to Ch. 26.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean be "prior to chapter 26"?
Spoiler:
Do you mean for chapter 25, or for 26? My winning chapter 25 run used quite a few staves but my current 26 route only really requires a single charge of Silence (although I haven't actually cleared it yet, so maybe I'll be surprised by something at the last second).
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2016, 11:57:29 PM »
Out of curiosity, what do you mean be "prior to chapter 26"?
Spoiler:
Do you mean for chapter 25, or for 26? My winning chapter 25 run used quite a few staves but my current 26 route only really requires a single charge of Silence (although I haven't actually cleared it yet, so maybe I'll be surprised by something at the last second).
Spoiler:
Chapter 26.  Status staves help a lot in 25 if you're doing the whole thing but screw the entire right side of that map.  Really the only staves you need for 26 specifically are Silence and maybe one shot of Rescue.

Also reading a few pages back, good job with Siegbert's paralogue.  That map came right out of Advance Wars 1's Advance Campaign (not actually but the flashbacks are real).

---

You know what, game? FUCK. YOU.
Welcome to Conquest!  Please enjoy your stay.

Anyway, Chapter 10 cleared. Without any deaths. I didn't grab the shield, but i guess that's an acceptable sacrifice. Also had to use both charges of my Rescue Staff.
:dragonforce:
The Dracoshield is nice but probably the least necessary of the four treasures, so etc.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2016, 12:37:50 AM »
Ok so my no deaths run come across a technicality.
Spoiler:
To kill or not to kill? I have to wonder whatever to do with this shura guy. I do feel sorry for him and it feels out of character for corrin to decide to kill off a faced character. Then again, I don't think I have any space for this guy and apparently these boot things I get are really quite good. hmmm, any suggestions?
Also how much money did everyone manage to save on chapter 16?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2016, 12:42:08 AM »
MMMMMMMMM I've had three fucking chapter 26 runs in a row cut short by this fucking Sorcerer with Mjolnir. Every time he has AT MOST a 50% hit chance and a 20% critical chance, but he's gotten the critical hit 3/3 times. Yeah, that's how RNG works. Thanks video game, cool cheat code.

Ok so my no deaths run come across a technicality.
Spoiler:
To kill or not to kill? I have to wonder whatever to do with this shura guy. I do feel sorry for him and it feels out of character for corrin to decide to kill off a faced character. Then again, I don't think I have any space for this guy and apparently these boot things I get are really quite good. hmmm, any suggestions?
Also how much money did everyone manage to save on chapter 16?

Spoiler:
I honestly only didn't kill him because I would have felt really bad if I did, but he has been REALLY useful. He's on my main team and I'm pretty sure he's literally never seen combat, but having a staff user who grants +1 movement when paired is super useful. He's kind of earmarked as disposable if I ever need someone to be bait or a speedbump, but so far he's been way more useful than a Boots ever could have been. I actually haven't used my extra path bonus Boots at all this run, I've been saving them in case I absolutely need them for some first-turn shenanigans, but they just haven't come up.

As for how much gold I got, I don't remember exactly but I'm going to guess over half, but not by a ton? Somewhere in the 5-6k range maybe?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2016, 12:55:19 AM »
Whew then, it would have bothered me a little to have to do it then. He seems useful enough.

Also what's this thing about learning skills through the logbook I read somewhere about?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2016, 01:43:39 AM »
Ugh. I just lost another run to a random critical hit (although I was soooort of asking for it since I had to tank a bunch of Berserkers for several turns and they all had 5% critical chances, so the odds of one eventually getting lucky were non-zero) and I'm glad I did frankly. Due to a weird positioning fluke earlier in the chapter I had
Spoiler:
Percy
die, and I was seriously considering keeping the run since I was otherwise doing really well. That felt horrible.
Spoiler:
Why do I even have a little kid in my army? I'm a fucking monster. And even worse, he got a series of terrible level-ups early on that caused me to abandon using him as an actual unit, so he had been serving exclusively as Effie (his mother)'s dedicated taxi and therefore was underleveled as fuck and completely defenseless.

Whew then, it would have bothered me a little to have to do it then. He seems useful enough.

Also what's this thing about learning skills through the logbook I read somewhere about?

No idea. Never really messed around with the social media stuff because it doesn't really feel Fire Emblemy to me. I assume it involves somehow getting free stuff from doing castle battles?

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2016, 02:42:27 AM »
@commandercool:  If it makes you feel better, I required human sacrifice to complete Chapter 26.  (Kana could survive two hits!  ...I was just kind of wishfully thinking I didn't see two Tomahawks.)  That was ultimately why I had to go do Siegbert's paralogue last-minute (and having an 8 Mov anything was probably better than Kana tbh).

wait a minute this is CONQUEST you're supposed to be a cold-blooded murderer except you're not but you kind of are and... okay this is confusing

Shura's pretty decent and will pull his weight if you use him.  On a first playthrough sparing him is probably the right call, although Boots on a Dancer is pretty etc.

You can have one of your units learn a Skill from a unit of the same name in your logbook.  This can include your own units from previous runs (you can save up to five surviving units after you complete the game) or units you get from visiting other peoples' castles.  For instance, in any future run, I can give Camilla Replicate for 3000G (very expensive compared to other Skills for obvious reasons), because I just completed a run where she had it and I put her in my Logbook.  This is not limited to the Skills the unit has at the end of the game; I could purchase any of the eight class Skills my previous run's Camilla had for any Camillas I use in future runs.

I only found out about this while typing this post and the wackiness this can cause is readily apparent.

---

Also I've been kind of bored recently so I put together a random team generator.  If anyone's interested, I can generate a team for them.

I am literally as I'm typing this watching the results screen for my most recent random Conquest team (Hard Casual)--
Spoiler:
*+Res -Mag Oni Chieftain Corrin "Vadi?o" - Oni Savage is apparently pretty terrible, and the Boon/Bane set does nothing for him except offer surprisingly good Res, but Corrin's perks plus Oni Chieftain Skills meant that he got a lot better as he went on.  I really wish Brave Axe wasn't terrible.  Married Flora because that was who was left. Hit 20/20. 321:179
*Great Knight Felicia - Part of the rules of the run is that one item of DLC is allowed to compensate for how late Flora shows up, so she went Hero -> Dread Fighter -> Great Knight (via Silas).  Felicia is shockingly good if you go Hero early, and she got several stat boosters to mitigate how GK is really not for her, and she got Aggressor, but by the end of the run she was just another unit.  Ended at Lv. 37. 217:109
*Bow Knight Silas - Promoted diagonally to Bow Knight.  I've always been skeptical of Bow Knight as a class but this Silas got some amazing stats (32 Spd) and was basically unstoppable all game.  Bonus points for tanking a Ninja and two Malig Knights in Endgame. Hit 19/20. 218:119
*Mechanist Camilla - When I first generated this I was like "lol mechanist".  It didn't occur to me until I actually got there that I should have been more like "omg mechanist", because Replicate.  Got the class by marrying a pair-up bot Kaze.  Rammed the level cap so hard that her pair-up bot Kaze hit like 12/4 despite only getting to attack once due to the rules of the run. 263:150 for her, 4:0 for him.
*Dark Knight Peri - Promoted to Paladin first.  She's really bad unpromoted, but promoting early meant that she could pick up levels really quickly in the late midgame.  Really wished she had Def.  Really wished she wasn't in Dark Knight, although she's not complaining about Heartseeker.  Married Leo.  Hit 15/20 super-quickly. 127:87
*Dark Knight Leo - Turned out well and is overall a good unit, but I didn't realize that his Spd caps at 25.  :/  Hit the level cap. 113:58
*Strategist Sophie - Somehow this worked.  I'm not going to claim she was good at combat or that I didn't give her at least one Arms Scroll, but having someone around who could get cheap shots with Mjolnir while providing Demoiselle and Inspiration was not going to get turned down.  Silas passed her Sol (which never mattered) and Felicia tried to pass her Aggressor but since you can't she instead passed Axebreaker (which never mattered).  Pink hair was not really a plus.  Got her at Lv. 20; she reached 20/18. 66:31
*Nohr Noble Kana - Kana?  More like Kenny.  I have a habit of wanting to sacrifice my only begotten daughter for the glory of Draconic Hex and hoping Dragonstone+ is better than it is.  She actually wasn't terrible, but I didn't have a ranged weapon for her for a long time, so she didn't do a lot.  Really cool hair color.  Passed Resistance+2 from Flora and Counter from Vadi?o.  Got her at like 20/14, made it to 20/19.  21:12
*Dark Knight Forrest - In a world with any fashion justice, Forrest would be an amazing unit.  He's slow.  (His final Spd stat was 25, like his father's.)  Still, good Res.  Actually a good mixed attacker thanks to Peri genes but magic is just better than swords almost all of the time.  Passed Elbow Room and sweet hair color from Peri.  Got at 20/5, made it to 20/19 with some effort. 55:23
*Merchant Midori - Camilla is the best mother in Conquest, so Midori blew past my expectations.  Spendthrift is absolutely hilarious and pulling out Gold Bars after 33% of her turns just makes things sillier.  I would have had a much, much harder time dealing with the last two bosses without her.  Passed Poison Strike from Kaze and Trample from Camilla.  I really like the lilac hair.  Got at 20/5, hit 20/20.  62:35
*Adventurer Shura - OMFG Locktouch.  It turns out Conquest has basically no Chest Keys, and you really start to feel it midway through the game.  Other than that he was decent-to-good without being amazing.  Capped Spd at 37.  Shining Bow is always sweet.  Reached Lv. 18.  63:36
*Maid Flora - I think this run proves that Combat Flora is not a thing.  She's decent with both Steel Shiruken and Flame Shiruken, but she's never going to double and she dies in two hits to enemies that don't use magic.  Still, as a utility unit she's hardly worthless, given B Staves and the ability to chip on both physical and magic damage.  Got at Lv. 5 and hit Lv. 16.  40:24

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:02 AM »
Chapter 17:
Spoiler:
Why can't I hold all these ninjas, aka wait did you just summon a bunch of ninjas in one turn
This is gonna be a loooong chapter.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2016, 05:15:18 AM »
Alright, it took two hours, but I got a perfect clear of Conquest lunatic chapter 27. Just ignored the whole west wing and cleared the rest of it. Just used two Silence charges, so I'm still pretty loaded for the endgame, staff-wise. That was quite an ordeal. Just three to go...

Chapter 17:
Spoiler:
Why can't I hold all these ninjas, aka wait did you just summon a bunch of ninjas in one turn
This is gonna be a loooong chapter.

Pound for pound 17 is very likely the longest chapter in the game. Not the chapter you'll spend the most time on, but losing a run late in is fucking painful. Beware reinforcement waves.

CF7

« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2016, 09:46:06 AM »
So, compared to the hell i faced in Ch 10, Ch 11 was a relaxing walk in the park i cleared on my first try without any troubles. Ninja room was a bit tricky, but still more or less easy. Then i heal/dance abused Hinoka for a bit. Azura is 25 now and her Str continues to grow and she's actually quite good for support attacks, since her skill is so high, she hits all the time, also with her 25 speed, you can pretty much double kill anything.
Elise hit Lv 20 cap. Capped Mag and Luck in the process and has respectable 20 speed. Guess i know what to do with that Master Seal. Hum-dee-dum.
Also Corrin and Jakob reached their S rank support and. yay, 2 kids.
Let's go recruit the most useless Troubadour. Hm... Level 10 grunts, should be easy... What do you mean there's bunch or promoted units, who will kill you dead? Oh, well... Elise, it's your turn. Turns out she's a twisted fire starter, who pretty much won me the map, since she could actually hurt those promoted units for some respectable damage. And then my other guys stole all the kills.
And then at the camp i hit Elise/Corrin C support, where Elise says she doesn't want to be a burden and wants to get stronger. Girl, you pretty much carried me through that map, you're okay. Oh, the irony...

About Kana, can he learn Dragon Fang naturally? If not, i guess, i am passing down Dragon Fang/Tome Breaker. Or that protect ladies skill...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:53:19 AM by CF7 »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2016, 10:36:45 AM »
About Kana, can he learn Dragon Fang naturally? If not, i guess, i am passing down Dragon Fang/Tome Breaker. Or that protect ladies skill...
The base level for children is 10 and they get every class Skill they're eligible for as they autolevel, so yes, Kana will join with Nobility/Dragon Fang and passing it to them doesn't do anything.

« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »

You can have one of your units learn a Skill from a unit of the same name in your logbook.  This can include your own units from previous runs (you can save up to five surviving units after you complete the game) or units you get from visiting other peoples' castles.  For instance, in any future run, I can give Camilla Replicate for 3000G (very expensive compared to other Skills for obvious reasons), because I just completed a run where she had it and I put her in my Logbook.  This is not limited to the Skills the unit has at the end of the game; I could purchase any of the eight class Skills my previous run's Camilla had for any Camillas I use in future runs.

3K is the same as hoshidan unity (strongly advised on nohr runs), or movement +1, Aptitude is 5K if you ever find it one someone not Mozu.
The real broken bit is if you beat someone in their castle (without adjustments) you get a skill (in place of getting a unit).

With online abuse an all Corrin party is essentially possible, with all being like deathtouch, astra, Hosh unity or something equally broken.

Any units from prison, online, that replicant shop thing are always available to recruit for money or buy skills off on any run.

The base level for children is 10 and they get every class Skill they're eligible for as they autolevel, so yes, Kana will join with Nobility/Dragon Fang and passing it to them doesn't do anything.
Children's level is party's average level. They appear as 10 with a weird seal that levels them to this as advanced class if this exceeds 20.
children also have their parents classes so gender exclusives or skills you've got via friendship or heart seals are the ones worth gifting over. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:26:43 PM by Think Komachi with a Rifle »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »
So regarding chapter 17,
Spoiler:
how imperative is it that I get that item for keeping saizo alive until the end? Like speed boots or something? I hear xander could really use it, and though this chapter took like 50 more actual non-grind turns than any other chapter thus far, I figure if I can trap him with the dragon vein rocks in the upper left corner of the map I wouldn't have to worry about him at all, so it's not like I don't have a trick in mind, but I'd rather not have to do that over again.

CF7

« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »
Children's level is party's average level. They appear as 10 with a weird seal that levels them to this as advanced class if this exceeds 20.
children also have their parents classes so gender exclusives or skills you've got via friendship or heart seals are the ones worth gifting over.
Oh, that's not happening then. Also, Corrin only has Nobility and Dragon Fang, so the only useful thing i could pass to Kana is Tome Breaker, still, it's kinda nice to have, regardless.
Also
Spoiler:
Severa or w/e name she decided to go by
turned out to be pretty good. Solid stats all around, good (at least for me) growths and the like. Paired her with Silas and they make a solid team.

P.S. Excitable Bane on Corrin is GLORIOUS. She has 3 res. And that's after somehow getting those 3 through level ups.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2016, 02:08:40 PM »
So regarding chapter 17,
Spoiler:
how imperative is it that I get that item for keeping saizo alive until the end? Like speed boots or something? I hear xander could really use it, and though this chapter took like 50 more actual non-grind turns than any other chapter thus far, I figure if I can trap him with the dragon vein rocks in the upper left corner of the map I wouldn't have to worry about him at all, so it's not like I don't have a trick in mind, but I'd rather not have to do that over again.

Not really at all. I mean, it is nice, but you don't need it by any means. And frankly his AI is too twitchy and the chapter is too long. I wouldn't worry about  it.

P.S. Excitable Bane on Corrin is GLORIOUS. She has 3 res. And that's after somehow getting those 3 through level ups.

Yeah... That's the bane I pretty much always end up going with. It's not ideal at all, but it's still honestly probably the stat you need the least.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2016, 10:26:13 PM »
This is not correct at all.  Their base level is 10, and it goes up with each Chapter starting at Ch. 11 to match the enemies.  By Ch. 19 they come at Lv. 20 with Offspring Seals that get them the rest of the way to their level (20/2 at Ch. 19 plus two levels for each Chapter thereafter).

---

@Mea:  It's your choice but nothing's imperative.

---

Corrin's base stats/growths are actually pretty terrible before Boon/Bane, and their Res is worst than most.  Even if you give them +Res that puts their Res on par with the rest of your team, not anything like amazing.

For the most part it's a pretty solid bane (it dings your Spd though) but when you need it it's really not there.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2016, 02:12:31 AM »
Castle Battle 3 on lunatic may be too hard. I've done a fair amount of tinkering with the setups, but enemy stats are just too high for how close-together the reinforcement waves are. I may plan on skipping this unless it seems like I'm reeeeally going to need the help for the final chapter.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2016, 04:20:37 AM »
Question about offspring seals.

Is it just me, or do the levels they give seem to be mediocre? I had a bunch of them advance the kids to level 7 in their master class, and they all lagged statwise behind similarly leveled first gens.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2016, 04:28:52 AM »
I've read that the invasions don't scale and you can keep them around until you want to do them, is that true? That would be really convenient later in an emergency if I really need levels.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2016, 04:34:01 AM »
Okay. It's been MONTHS. What's the strategy for Chapter 13 of Conquest Hard?

What I have so far is:
Spoiler:
You start, and position your units like this:
Code: [Select]
UOHHOU
UOOOOU
UUUUUU
Spoiler:
Where
U
Spoiler:
is a normal unit,
O
Spoiler:
is an empty space, and
H
Spoiler:
is a  healer.
You move this blob gradually  left. You take out the mages with Camilla and some high-RES dude and then wait a few turns. The Knights come to screw you from behind. You mercilessly slaughter them with Kamui and Effie, then move down across the bridge. You murder everyone except Scarlet, Orochi, and Yumi-the-lame-kid. Then they start to kill your units two/three at a time, after which you restart because you want as few people to die as possible. Occasionally you might kill one of them. Rinse and repeat until RNG favors you.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #297 on: July 22, 2016, 04:46:06 AM »
Question about offspring seals.

Is it just me, or do the levels they give seem to be mediocre? I had a bunch of them advance the kids to level 7 in their master class, and they all lagged statwise behind similarly leveled first gens.

That shouldn't really be the case. Probably the best unit I've ever had in any of my runs was my husbando Forrest in my lunatic Revelation run, who I reclassed to Sorcerer and who could literally solo some lunatic chapters. You could just be seeing bad RNG, I don't know.

Also somewhat related, but Siegbert on my current Conquest lunatic run has freakishly high stats. His mother is Mozu so he inherited Aptitude and I think I got really luck because it paid out huge for him. He's level 17 right now I think and like half his stats are capped.

I've read that the invasions don't scale and you can keep them around until you want to do them, is that true? That would be really convenient later in an emergency if I really need levels.

I had heard that they only stick around for a few chapters but I can't really confirm, I always did them right away.

What I have so far is:
Spoiler:
You start, and position your units like this:
UOHHOU
UOOOOU
UUUUUU
Spoiler:
Where
U
Spoiler:
is a normal unit,
O
Spoiler:
is an empty space, and
H
Spoiler:
is a  healer.
You move this blob gradually  left. You take out the mages with Camilla and some high-RES dude and then wait a few turns. The Knights come to screw you from behind. You mercilessly slaughter them with Kamui and Effie, then move down across the bridge. You murder everyone except Scarlet, Orochi, and Yumi-the-lame-kid. Then they start to kill your units two/three at a time, after which you restart because you want as few people to die as possible. Occasionally you might kill one of them. Rinse and repeat until RNG favors you.
Spoiler:
My strategy for this last run was to mass everyone on the west bridge and break through as quickly as possible so I could intercept the bandit just before he got to the first village. As long as you manage your tanking okay you should be able to just get there in time, and from that point on you can just take your time with the rest of the chapter. Don't worry about Takumi until you have the map locked down, it's not worth splitting your forces and he's easier to crack from the south than he is from the north since there's more room to spread out and rush all of his buddies down in one turn, rather than trying to tank them at the chokepoint. He's hard to tank because he can walk on water so it's best to just kill him before he starts moving, and he only moves if you get close.

I think that's how it works anyway. It's been a bit since I played it. And I feel like the advice I gave was just equivalent to "kill the enemies to win the chapter", but hopefully that helped a little?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:48:50 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #298 on: July 22, 2016, 05:15:05 AM »
Spoiler:
Since I didn't like having the rear knights arriving at around the same time as the wyvern+knight units, I took them out first turn, in my case by equiping selena with the armorslayer. Then pair with beruka to be able to move to the top right unit, and boost speed (I think) for the double hit, the one with the javelin and kill it first. Then on the enemy's turn they'll start attacking you in pairs so that by the time the second dies, you'll be at like 1 hp but max shield gauge so the third will fall too.
Meanwhile felicia can just about solo the first three mages on the left since her res was super high and took no damage, though I fed kaze some exp.
If you keep the other extra units to the right in a clump on the edge of the range of the knights on the right, 3 of the flying double units will go towards them instead of coming down from the middle. I positioned the Camilla Effie Benny and charlotte wall a bit off displaced to the right from the gate so that camilla could use thunder to snipe down one of the wyverns and force the knight to fall to the other side of the water while keeping out of the range of the middle guy. Fighting the mages on the left gave my kaze+avatar combination max shields so I baited one of them out with it to debuff them with shurikens (not sure if it actually did much), on the side that charlotte was on because she's squishy. Then just clean up.
Then pair Camilla with Niles and put her on the edge of the bridge group's danger zone. She'll build max shield gauge which you can use to orko the boss on the bridge with the axe and then clean up with the rest of the units.
At this point I had 3 turns left to kill the middle group and take out the bandit, so I lured them out first with effie + javelin or benny I forget, kill the boss on the second turn, then clean up on the third turn while taking out the bandit. I split my troops to be able to be able to take out as many troops as possible with attack stance since that second turn is the absolute key and most hairy part.
The rest is straightforward, I opted to attack the bottom group from the far left to throttle the enemy waves to one at a time and let benny or effie tank it. I found the flying reinforcements easier to deal with than the foot soldiers, also the rightmost enemy unit in the bottom group used magic so I couldn't let benny tank it while taking care of the reinforcements.

etc etc

CF7

« Reply #299 on: July 22, 2016, 10:17:44 AM »
Having Strategist!Elise really helps. Also Fire Shuriken.
Spoiler:
I likely have different setup, than you party and support wise (and kinda tanky Jakob), but what i did, was to send Niles backed by Elise to the left to take out mages. Both have really good res so they took them out easily. At the same time i sent Jakob with Fire Shuriken backed by Corrin with Armor Slayer to handle the knights on the right. That dealt with, i waited for Wyvern/Knight pairs to arrive and then used my tanks to soak up the hits, when they finally arrived. After these, i moved Jakob supported by Corrin to bait and weaken Takumi and his grunts and then finished them off a turn later. Then i gradually moved down using pretty much the same baiting and clearing arriving enemies strategy on Reina. And then i finished off the Outlaw with Elise using transfer and run chain with Azura. Doing so, also put Elise into Orochi's range, but her stupidly high res made Orochi and her doods a non issue. After that it was kind of trivial to clear the rest.

So i cleared Ch 15 and it felt kind of easy, even captured the Boss. Or maybe i am just desensitized to the game's bullshit after Ch 10. So i am feeling, like i can take on the whole world the like. And then i finally unlocked
Spoiler:
Nina's aka Niles' daughter
Paralogue and it's all kinds of horrible.
Spoiler:
It's packed to the brim with archers, so you can't really use your fliers aka mobile units you need the most. You need to open doors so either keys are needed or you need to use someone with a Lockpick skill. You fail the mission if you let a specific character escape. And i am assuming you can't just shoot said character down to prevent her escaping. I guess, i can lock her down with Freeze Staff, but that's kind of a last resort measure...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:53:15 AM by CF7 »