Author Topic: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 60426 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: Yukari Quest VI - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
I would say go for it but there is the problem of, you know, leaving again, if the place is collapsing that probably means the borders will be way too unstable to open a gap here, admiteddly though, we may be able to just wait until we fall backstage and then come back to Gensokyo.

> Assuming we don't manage to come back from the dimension, what would happen if it completely collapsed around us? And would we be able come back to Gensokyo after that?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #871 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:36 PM »
Responses #863 and #867 acknowledge that we would survive the total destruction of the entity's world, or at least survive it long enough to make it back here. I wouldn't be pushing this otherwise.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #872 on: September 03, 2014, 08:46:32 PM »
Still seems like too much risk for too little reward to me.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #873 on: September 03, 2014, 08:56:24 PM »
Yeah, that's totally understandable. I am prepared to drop it if a sufficiently large number of people think it shouldn't be done. I would like to give it a try, though, if only so all the work we did with that music actually bears some fruit.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #874 on: September 03, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
I say we leave it for Yukari to solve as an NPC. Purvis implies she can do so, but to will take some time.

Another thing I want her to do is make a new tool, a compass or spyglass to find gaps from farther away than she can see.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:54:52 PM by O4rfish »
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #875 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »
Here's a thought: Some of the resident Music experts of Gensokyo are the Prismrivers, right? presumably Yukari would know of their abilities, so perhaps they can lend a useful hand?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #876 on: September 03, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
I say we leave it for Yukari to solve as an NPC. Purvis implies she can do so, but to will take some time.

Another thing I want her to do is make a new tool, a compass or spyglass to find gaps from farther away than she can see.

But I want my DDC tsukumogami babies nowwwwwwwwwww :(

Here's a thought: Some of the resident Music experts of Gensokyo are the Prismrivers, right? presumably Yukari would know of their abilities, so perhaps they can lend a useful hand?

The PrismReznors (and Mystia) were backup plans and the people I had in mind when asking the question about help from professional musicians. I'm also half-tempted to search the Fake Gensokyo's Prismriver Manor for the missing piece of music (assuming we end up going), though I'm not sure if it'd be better to exhaust whatever we can of the forest area and/or the floating islands first.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #877 on: September 03, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
Well, if the Entity really was the forgotten deity enshrined in the shrine's backyard tree,  then maybe we can somehow stabilize it by making it un-forgotten.
Perhaps it'd even be a way to shunt off those memories that goofball Koishi cooked up that we've got bumming around in our old braincase, and at the same time give those same memories a chance to flow in their own path via the False Gensokyo's version of us.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:20:23 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #878 on: September 03, 2014, 10:20:20 PM »
Comedy option: We use the Materia Prima to make the missing piece of the bubble.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #879 on: September 03, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
Do you think we have enough for that, the spyglass idea, and Mary's ring though?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #880 on: September 03, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »
It was labeled Comedy Option for a reason :V

Truth be told, though, I'm kinda hoping Mary forgets about that ring offer. I'm not actually sure I want to do anything with any of the stuff; I think it'd be more intelligently used in NPurvisC's hands down the road.

This is all personal dwelling, though. Since I have no grand schemes for the Reality Play-Doh, I don't plan on objecting to its use unless the idea is particularly brainless.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #881 on: September 03, 2014, 10:26:07 PM »
I think the small bit would be just enough for a ring, though that's just me. There might even be some left-over that can be merged with the second-largest bit.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #882 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:35 PM »
We don't need Materia Prima to make a tool.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #883 on: September 03, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »
I'm gonna throw my lurker vote into let's go for the Void. We might find an EX-Boss =D

« Reply #884 on: September 04, 2014, 12:24:35 AM »
Let's at least get this explaining and fixing Mary done first.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #885 on: September 04, 2014, 01:59:12 AM »
> Frown and stand up.
> "I fear the incompleteness of this musical construct is going to bother me. Let me see here..."
> Harness the power of the astrolabe to try to find where the edge-of-reality dimensions (or what remains of them) we just left are.

> Assuming we don't manage to come back from the dimension, what would happen if it completely collapsed around us? And would we be able come back to Gensokyo after that?

>"Are you doing what I think you're doing," says Maribel.
>You begin to search for the entity's world. Hopefully, having just left it, it shouldn't have been too hard to find. As you start to search, you notice something that makes you frown. There is a small and easily-missed hole in the Hakurei Barrier. These do happen from time to time, and aren't a terrible problem as long as they are patched up, but this one bothers you. It is less of a hole and more of...hm, not quite so bad as a crack in the foundation, but something of that nature. As though something were ever so discreetly mismeasured.
>Beyond that, you think you can find something.
>If it collapses completely, you should be fine and able to find your way home now. The real concern beforehand was not so much for yourself but for Maribel, who would quite unable to survive such an event.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #886 on: September 04, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
> Can we tell whereabouts this hole is?
> How much work would it take to fix it?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #887 on: September 04, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »
> Can we tell whereabouts this hole is?
> How much work would it take to fix it?

>It doesn't really translate well to three-dimensional terms, but somewhere in the south-eastern mountains, you think.
>You aren't sure, but it threatens to be a project.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #888 on: September 04, 2014, 02:11:45 AM »
> We'll have to let Ran and Reimu know about that. Hopefully we can turn it into a more-than-one-person project to save ourselves some time.
> "Did Ran say where she was going, or how long she would be gone?"

Okay, real talk. If it's seriously that not-dangerous to go back, I really think we can at least spare a few minutes while Ran is out and about getting more food.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #889 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:10 AM »
> We'll have to let Ran and Reimu know about that. Hopefully we can turn it into a more-than-one-person project to save ourselves some time.
> "Did Ran say where she was going, or how long she would be gone?"

>You aren't sure if either of them would be of much use for this...
>"I think she was headed toward Youkai Mountain," says Renko. "I imagine she would be, since it's the only place where there's stores open now, and it's closer than the Ancient City."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #890 on: September 04, 2014, 02:35:24 AM »
That's gonna be a bit.

> So did we actually find something when looking for the entity's world? Or did our attention get distracted but the hole in the barrier first?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #891 on: September 04, 2014, 02:39:45 AM »
> So did we actually find something when looking for the entity's world? Or did our attention get distracted but the hole in the barrier first?

>You believe you've found something. It's hard to tell, but it seems to be quite unstable.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #892 on: September 04, 2014, 03:03:30 AM »
> If we opened a gap to that place we think we found, could we just poke our head through it to inspect the area visually? Or would we have to go all the way through?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #893 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:17 AM »
> If we opened a gap to that place we think we found, could we just poke our head through it to inspect the area visually? Or would we have to go all the way through?

>You could do this. Though it might be a problem if the area lost so much stability that you couldn't keep the gap open while you were halfway through it.

>_

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #894 on: September 04, 2014, 03:16:49 AM »
> As far as that crack in the barrier goes, do we think we could work on it tomorrow? Or is it preferable to work on it right now?
> How many days did it feel like we were there for?

Yukari is tired so maybe we could postpone the crack thing for tomorrow (though if it's an issue, I would rather just get it over with), the second question is to account for the fact that maybe time didn't work the same way in that place as it does in Gensokyo (so maybe we could've been in there for 3 days and it has been a week in Gensokyo or something to that effect)

What I'm thinking of right now, if the flow of time is the same in that plane and Gensokyo, would be to spend a few moments looking for the music bubble -> come back -> eat and explain -> go to sleep (or fix the crack then go to sleep).

What do you guys think?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #895 on: September 04, 2014, 03:18:47 AM »
Ran did mention that we'd only been gone for a couple of days, so it appears time flowed at the same rate.

Regardless, I am very obviously in favor of getting this last quickie investigation out of the way first-thing.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #896 on: September 04, 2014, 03:27:17 AM »
> As far as that crack in the barrier goes, do we think we could work on it tomorrow? Or is it preferable to work on it right now?
> How many days did it feel like we were there for?

>You think that you could let it go for a day, and that'll probably be necessary outside of just evaluating it unless there's some quick fix. Which you doubt, there are rarely quick fixes.
>About two, now.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #897 on: September 04, 2014, 03:48:35 AM »
Going to bed. Have at it, folks, but if the opportunity to do what I want to do is still available when I get up, I'm most likely going to do it.

« Reply #898 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:05 AM »
Well we might as well test Solais's theory while we're here at the shrine.

>"I'm going to investigate something while we wait for Ran. I shouldn't be long."
>Head over to the tree behind the shrine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #899 on: September 04, 2014, 07:19:32 AM »
>"I'm going to investigate something while we wait for Ran. I shouldn't be long."
>Head over to the tree behind the shrine.

>"Sure," says Maribel.
>You make your way off to the side, leaving the shrine grounds behind and journeying into the forest. This particular forest is quick to blossom, you note, already the trees are starting to bud. The undergrowth is not too dense, which you are particularly happy for at the moment. As much as a primeval forest choked with undergrowth pleases you, right now it would be much too much trouble to pick your way through.
>Within a few minutes, you arrive at the tree. For a time, the border contracted around this region, exposing it somewhat to the outside world, but you are pleased to see that problem has corrected itself. You also not a trio of three fairies; a blonde in red, a blonde in white, and a dark-haired one in blue, gathered near the base of it, chattering among themselves while gathered around a bowl of what you assume to be popcorn. Where did they find that? The one in white, already sitting more or less to face you, perks her head up as you approach, then shrieks. "It's her again!"
>"Run!" the others cry.

>_