Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragon Ball Z - Episode 10  (Read 116531 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Puzzle and Dragon Ball Z - Episode 10
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
So what is Poring Tower and should I go there? What drops there that people use?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »
mainly skillups

valk, lilith, berserk, highlander, red heartbreakers, vamp, angelion, siren

very useful

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2014, 12:38:40 PM »
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=409 You're going to want to keep this site handy; it's got everything you would ever want to know.

Poring Tower is basically a reoccurring collab event dungeon that has all of the Ragnarok Poring type enemies in it (aside from Archangeling and Deviling, those show up elsewhere). All of the poring type enemies in here come automatically at max level (1) and at your point of the game, they may even come in handy for you in your team for a while. On Master level, you'll fight Demons, which are complete ASSHOLES if you don't have the ability to break their defenses. On Expert and Intermediate, Big Slimes will drop.

What is special about this dungeon is that these poring enemies don't need to be leveled up or evolved to be skill-up fodder (which is a very good thing) and they provide five kinds of skill-up that you won't find outside of event dungeons or REM pulls:
Poring: Armor Break: Skills up Machine and Dark Golem
Poporing: Attack Stance - Wood: Skills up Highlander
Drops: Attack Stance - Light: Skills up Valkyrie
Marin: Attack Stance - Water: Skills up Siegfried and Blue Valk.
Ghostring: Poison Mist: Skills up Lilith.

What this means for you, however, is that you are going to want to collect Marins, the blue blobs. Not only will they be good exp fodder for your Blue Valkyrie, but they also have the ability to level up her skill (which means that the higher the level her skill is, the fewer turns it takes to charge). Valkyries in general are what are known as Heartbreakers (along with Gigas, Siegfried, Cu Chulainn, and Vampire): they take heart orbs and turn them into some other color. Very useful if you're running a monocolor team.  What is special about them is that at max level, they can use this skill every 5 turns (which is extremely valuable).

Also, fusing a Poring, Marin, Drops, Ghostring, and Poporing onto another Poring will evolve it into a Mastering, which has one of the best HP multipliers in the game. Fuse five Masterings onto a Mastering to make a King Mastering, which is even better because it comes with an attack boost. However, this requires a TON of Porings to drop and... they don't drop very often, even on Master.

So I suggest running Int or Expert (trust me, save your sanity and avoid Master right now, you probably won't be able to handle it) and collecting Marins and fusing them onto your Valkyrie. Keep one of every other poring type too, because they may be useful for you early on in the game.

Also, less importantly, the Big Slimes are on those levels. This doesn't mean much because they're easily farmable from the lowest dungeons of the game, but they come pre-evolved, which is also nice. They skill up some nice things too but I don't think you have any of them at the moment. You're going to want a Mermaid/Siren at some point because she'll be a perfect sub for your Valkyrie though, (she changes fire orbs into hearts, which can then be turned into water by Valk), and she's skilled up by Big Bubblies and Marine Goblins and such. Just a heads-up for later.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2014, 03:48:22 PM »

o/

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2014, 05:13:00 PM »
Useful information

Excellent, excellent. Thanks. Yes, I can see how that would be good for me.

And yeah, somebody on my friends list has a Siren and it seems like it would be great for me. That site you linked lists some of the Mermaid drop locations as [N] and some as , what does that mean? I'd like to have one of those as soon as possible.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »
Ha! I just misclicked rare egg machine instead of Pal machine and got a second +1 Valkyrie in a row. This time it's the light one.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
Lucky. Start collecting Drops, too, then. We haven't had poring tower for 5 months now so get as much done as you can.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2014, 06:19:13 PM »
Excellent, excellent. Thanks. Yes, I can see how that would be good for me.

And yeah, somebody on my friends list has a Siren and it seems like it would be great for me. That site you linked lists some of the Mermaid drop locations as [N] and some as , what does that mean? I'd like to have one of those as soon as possible.
The N denotes normal dungeons.  You might die of old age before a Mermaid drops from those though, so good freaking luck.  Most of the bosses in Normals that drop have terrible rates so it's not the most recommended method.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »
It's also worth mentioning that if you're hunting for king slimes Poring will save you a lit or two.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2014, 07:47:38 PM »
The N denotes normal dungeons.  You might die of old age before a Mermaid drops from those though, so good freaking luck.  Most of the bosses in Normals that drop have terrible rates so it's not the most recommended method.
I got my naga from farming the lowest level dungeon where they drop before the special dungeon gave me any. BV
afaict the only useful method is hope the rng blesses you

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2014, 07:57:41 PM »
You might die of old age before a Mermaid drops from those though, so good freaking luck.

:objection!:

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »
:getdown:

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »

Daily reminder Chirei is a million years old.

Jq1790

« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2014, 08:14:02 PM »

Welp, that makes me feel pretty silly.

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
King Mastering I'm coming for you

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »
Welp, that makes me feel pretty silly.

Well to be fair, the drop rate really is that bad. I just became a devout monmusu hunter, and for weeks, did nothing but dive into dungeons inhabited by them, taking careful note to camp the ones with 1.5x rate on specific days. I am still missing Succubus out of the five, and only Mermaid and Dryad I have actually acquired from drops. Naga was from SSP and Cupid was from the pal machine(jfc the healer girls must be extremely rare from here, because I've never seen another.).

tl;dr if you're persistent enough and have stamina to blow then you will get them. Eventually...

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2014, 08:27:19 PM »
Although I -did- drop a Naga from running Fire-Worshipping Snake, as well as a Titan from running Giant Guards and a Lil' Red Dragon from running Arise Vulcan Dragon (which should have similar drop rates), it did take quite a bit of grinding on all three.

So... Yeah, it's never a good idea to farm specifically for them.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:35:31 PM by Sacchi Kuroi »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »
So all of the new monsters in Poring Tower one-shot my entire team. And I can only do one damage to them. Is that normal? I've managed to clear Int once in two tries, and I don't think I have even a remote chance of clearing Expert unless I'm making some kind of critical misplay, since two blobs in the same encounter is an insta-loss. I tried bringing a friend's Naga to whittle them down faster with extra attacks, but they seem to be randomly immune to Naga's ability. Is my team just ultra-terrible, or am I underleveled, or am I doing something wrong?

This is my team:
Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie (Level 28, +7, fully Awoken)
Topaz Carbuncle (Level 21, handful of skillups)
Dragon Fruit (Level 1, filler because my team is right up against the point limit)
Pyro Demon (Level 27)
Devilit (Level 1)

I've been trying to pick a partner with dual attributes to get more attacks to throw out hoping to whittle down the blobs faster, but that only works if there's one of them and only most of the time.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
So all of the new monsters in Poring Tower one-shot my entire team. And I can only do one damage to them. Is that normal? I've managed to clear Int once in two tries, and I don't think I have even a remote chance of clearing Expert unless I'm making some kind of critical misplay, since two blobs in the same encounter is an insta-loss. I tried bringing a friend's Naga to whittle them down faster with extra attacks, but they seem to be randomly immune to Naga's ability. Is my team just ultra-terrible, or am I underleveled, or am I doing something wrong?

This is my team:
Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie (Level 28, +7, fully Awoken)
Topaz Carbuncle (Level 21, handful of skillups)
Dragon Fruit (Level 1, filler because my team is right up against the point limit)
Pyro Demon (Level 27)
Devilit (Level 1)

I've been trying to pick a partner with dual attributes to get more attacks to throw out hoping to whittle down the blobs faster, but that only works if there's one of them and only most of the time.

Do you have any other leaders, I can throw up my valkyrie if you want.

Man, I just found out that the keepers don't drop 100 percent of the time in the stone dragon dungeons. I didn't even get a stone dragon either.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
Do you have any other leaders, I can throw up my valkyrie if you want.

Man, I just found out that the keepers don't drop 100 percent of the time in the stone dragon dungeons. I didn't even get a stone dragon either.

Not really. I have the white Valkyrie, which I haven't even touched yet, and a max-level Sea Serpent. Nothing too inspiring there.

I think what I need is some way to massively increase my team's HP. How do people usually do that? My recovery is pretty good, and I don't think my HP is terrible, but apparently it is because I can't take one hit. Not sure how much it's overshooting my HP, either. For all I know I'm getting kill five times over. Maybe a damage reduction skill with a very low cooldown would work? Needs more experimentation I guess. And both times I've gotten a blue blob egg to drop were times I got killed, too.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2014, 10:06:07 PM »
Easiest way to do it, apart from high hp mons, is to get a x2 HP leader as a friend, which is easier take advantage of with monotype/color. Alternatively, get attack up so high that hp isn't an issue.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=407
Numbers for Poring Int

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2014, 10:09:06 PM »
Commander: Let me put up my TAMADRApurin for you. It has massive HP, will multiply ALL of your attacks but x3.5, but will cut your RCV in half, so be careful.

It's up, so give that a try.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »
Lol might as well suggest my TAMADRApurin as well. If there's anything he's good for, it's having the beefiest HP.ever.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2014, 12:38:46 AM »
Commander: Let me put up my TAMADRApurin for you. It has massive HP, will multiply ALL of your attacks but x3.5, but will cut your RCV in half, so be careful.

It's up, so give that a try.

Couldn't get it to appear as a support option (is there a way to reset which friends are available?) but I did accept every friend request from someone with a bulky character, and I cleared it on Int with no problems. Tomorrow morning I'll try Expert again. Of course, I cleared it and nothing dropped. ::)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2014, 01:31:52 AM »
Couldn't get it to appear as a support option (is there a way to reset which friends are available?) but I did accept every friend request from someone with a bulky character, and I cleared it on Int with no problems. Tomorrow morning I'll try Expert again. Of course, I cleared it and nothing dropped. ::)

The rank difference between you and the helper determines how long they're available to use as a helper after they log in.
If people log in frequently it's not an issue even at the minimum 1 hour, but other than that...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
The rank difference between you and the helper determines how long they're available to use as a helper after they log in.
If people log in frequently it's not an issue even at the minimum 1 hour, but other than that...

Oh, okay. I hit zero stamina a long time ago, so I can't make runs very close together right now, so I guess I missed my window. Just cleared it again, no hits again.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2014, 04:39:39 AM »

...!? Noah Descent!? :o

Oh em gee, who knew Noah was so cute! :V

I've learned not to expect good skills to come out of descents but at least she's cute :V

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2014, 04:49:19 AM »

...!? Noah Descent!? :o

Oh em gee, who knew Noah was so cute! :V

I've learned not to expect good skills to come out of descents but at least she's cute :V

./teaspit

What.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2014, 05:23:30 AM »
Calling it now another blue healer.

Jq1790

« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2014, 07:08:25 AM »
How about it's a conditional where you have to have two of every monster you bring, haha.

Eiter way I guess she's ok.  When it comes to cute though, Astaroth is queen forever.  (though plenty of others aren't bad, of course.)