Author Topic: New Touhou hype thread (DEFINITE SPOILERS)  (Read 98026 times)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: New Touhou hype thread (DEFINITE SPOILERS)
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »
Okay, guess I'd better post here now that I've got that Normal 1cc.

Stage 4 was meh, there wasn't really enough going on. Music was awesome, but it always is. Murasa was a decent enough fight until Sinker Ghost (?) at which point things started getting a little retarded.

Stage 5 is godlike. Awesome stage, awesome music. Syou is entertaining enough and has a great kinda sinister theme that ZUN doesn't do a lot. (My only complaint is her third card which is sort of whut.)

Stage 6 - nothing sets a scene better than a heartbeat. Stage 6 music is beautiful, stage is basically 'Hey have these UFOs you're gonna need them'. Byakuren is another fun fight, and again the music is amazing.

Extra from what I've seen is very meh. The stage is alright and the boss is fun, but Kogasa midboss is really irritating. I'll probably grind a clear in the next few days.

All in all, actually much more entertaining than I expected to be. Wondering what people are going to do with these characters and waiting on a translation.

In other news, ABSOLUTE JUSTICE

A balanced diet of red and green UFOs should be good enough for 1cc.
I just farmed red and got to max lives by Stage 4 on Normal.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
The game is awesome.  Am loving it so far.  Final spell card seems slated to be the new VoWG, maybe.  There were loads of surprises that I didn't expect too.  This seems to be the most difficult Easy mode so far too.

What I don't like about the game is the masses and masses of power-ups that the faries drop from Stage 4 onwards.  It, frankly, seems overdone and actually obscures the bullets, making it harder to play.  Extra stage also seems easier than Easy mode from the above replay.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »
3 comments

1. ZUN is still using the stupid romanization scheme. (Minamitu -> Minimitsu, Hiziri -> Hijiri)
2. ZUN must be running out of hats.
3. Spotlight Iku = woot

Azure Morichika

• Bimbo Kannushi
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2009, 11:20:12 AM »
A balanced diet of red and green UFOs should be good enough for 1cc.

I would like to think otherwise but I think those 4 extra lives I got between stage 1 and 3 really helped towards the 1cc normal specially since I was in the last life at Byaku. And I miss-farmed a bit in them middle.

Btw, why is everyone using Sanae suddenly? So she's not a slut anymore?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2009, 11:22:53 AM »
Btw, why is everyone using Sanae suddenly? So she's not a slut anymore?

Same reason everyone used Sakuya in PCB - It's a new playable character.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Azure Morichika

• Bimbo Kannushi
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
Certainly wasn't around at the time, but it doesn't go much further than the demo in this case, was just wondering.

Tengukami

« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »
Certainly wasn't around at the time, but it doesn't go much further than the demo in this case, was just wondering.

Also, Sanae B is allegedly the strongest of any of them, so people are using her. Plus, hey - she shoots frogs and snakes.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
I hate Unzan, with justice. i wan her dead.

The stages after her are fun.. but to GET PAST her is the problem.

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »
Noticed that every apparent
Spoiler:
last
boss since the last 2 games
Spoiler:
has a cape.

back to the 80s lol.
also,
Spoiler:
BYAKUREN HIZIRI
HELL YEAH

am I guaranteed safety yet?>

I hate Unzan, with justice. i wan her dead.

The stages after her are fun.. but to GET PAST her is the problem.

I think the
Spoiler:
Bishamonten
girl is harder, like Orin, there is no escaping the hardship.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 12:00:08 PM by Manhattan-fairy »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »
i had to continue on
Spoiler:
stage 6
like 5 times before i could beat
Spoiler:
Bakuran
on normal :/. i managed to 1cc normal on the next run though

then in
Spoiler:
extra
i managed to get up to
Spoiler:
Nue's
Spoiler:
7th spell
before dying on my
Spoiler:
first extra run
. i feel so pro

also,
Spoiler:
Nue's theme
reminds me of
Spoiler:
U.N. owen
kinda

Tengukami

« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »
Looks like the general consensus is that rather than sucking, UFO is actually all kinds of awesome.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
Looks like the general consensus is that rather than sucking, UFO is actually all kinds of awesome.
That's maybe just because we finally have the full game and can play all stages.
And because ZUN makes a Shinki-reference.
But compared to the demo, it's really way better.

EDIT: Found a rather interesting fake screenshot:
http://safebooru.donmai.us/post/show/503056/duplicate-fake_screenshot-hakurei_reimu-tottema-to
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:06:48 PM by VideoGameCrack »

sohvan

« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »
Stage 6 is now my favourite final stage ever. It's appropriately harder than the previous stages *cough Utsuho*, and the attacks are interesting to dodge. Haven't tried Extra yet, but hopefully it won't disappoint too much.

The UFO life system brings it's own flavour to 1 cc'ing different difficulties. The lives you get from them are pretty critical, and the chances of screwing up are much higher. It's always annoying when you make a mistake and not only die, but miss making a ufo when you needed it, and pick up the wrong colored ufo piece all at the same time.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »
Stage 6 is now my favourite final stage ever. It's appropriately harder than the previous stages *cough Utsuho*, and the attacks are interesting to dodge. Haven't tried Extra yet, but hopefully it won't disappoint too much.

The UFO life system brings it's own flavour to 1 cc'ing different difficulties. The lives you get from them are pretty critical, and the chances of screwing up are much higher. It's always annoying when you make a mistake and not only die, but miss making a ufo when you needed it, and pick up the wrong coloured ufo piece all at the same time.
Oh I do that + clipdeath everywhere (especially in Stage 2 and 5)
Oh and best credit music ever
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:13:29 PM by DgBarca »
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Tengukami

« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2009, 02:36:17 PM »
That's maybe just because we finally have the full game and can play all stages.
And because ZUN makes a Shinki-reference.
But compared to the demo, it's really way better.

I'd like to direct your attention to this thread, wherein we have people predicting all kinds of gloom and doom about just how badly UFO was going to suck based on the first three stages alone. All I'm saying is I'm glad to see that people have changed their minds about this, even if those first three stages are still the same.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2009, 02:38:29 PM »
All I'm saying is I'm glad to see that people have changed their minds about this, even if those first three stages are still the same.
Nazrin's second spell card on Normal is a little bit easier (bigger gaps between the blue bullets).

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »
And Ichrin non-spell on easy are...slooooooowwwwwww

Tengukami

« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »
Wait, what? The first three stages of the full version differs so vastly from the v0.02a version of the demo as to make it swing from "HOLY CRAP THIS GAME SUCKS WORST EVER ZUN IS CRAZY" to "OMG WOW BEST GAEM EVAR"?

If so, I can't wait to try it out. But then I loved the demo, so yeah.

« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2009, 02:50:46 PM »
Aw shucks, I sightread Normal and gameover'd on Hizawhatserface's last card.  She's got some pretty tough attacks, even on normal.  It will be interesting to see what she's like on lunatic.

So yeah, I'm having trouble enjoying the game because I'm getting some really annoying slowdown in a lot of parts (like, I dunno, THE ENTIRETY OF STAGE 4).  My game slows down to about 52-55 fps a lot of the time.  Surprisingly, it makes things a LOT harder than they should be since along with the slowdown comes copious amounts of input lag.  Well, time to screw around with configuration settings.

I'd like to direct your attention to this thread, wherein we have people predicting all kinds of gloom and doom about just how badly UFO was going to suck based on the first three stages alone. All I'm saying is I'm glad to see that people have changed their minds about this, even if those first three stages are still the same.

Well, it seems like no-one's tried lunatic atm, so don't get your hopes up just yet.  :V  I will say that Normal seems pretty good (or it will once I fix the lag), and some of the attacks were quite cleverly done.  Also, the stage 4/5/6 themes are all freaking brilliant (stage 6 reminds me of Donkey Kong, and I have no idea why...).

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
omg the bells on Nue's theme

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmygodddddddddddd

i'm not listening to any more songs until i get the game though, i only listened to her theme because i'm sure that, even though it looks easy, her battle will be as hard as fuck for me, so i won't be getting to her any time soon.

also:

is there any gimmick for stage 4? like Satori's/Patchouli's different cards, Marisa/Reimu in IN, etc? cause if there's not i'm sad

BUT THE ANCHORS MAKE UP FOR IT

R-9A2 Delta

• laser laser laser laser
  • totally not obsessed with Yuka
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2009, 03:19:43 PM »
Spoiler:
Nue
's theme is so chaotic...

Not that that's a bad thing in this case, since it's such an awesome song.
Spoiler:
CAPTAIN MINAMITU
'S theme is good too.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »
okay well i just watched the 3rd part of the Extra clear

damn, she looks as hard as Koishi, if not harder. that survival card looks as fun as shit though

-Mao-

• Meowist Retard
  • I'm really stupid.
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Seriously tho guys, what is the point of spoilering names and stages and music themes when all you need to do is hover the bloody mouse onto it?

I think it is cool you guys r protecting the identity and fun, but this is annoying.
Support the revolution, stop believing in pacifism.

DSveno

« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2009, 03:32:17 PM »
Damn, Marisa A's options are too bright that sometimes they overlap with the bullet, making it's way too hard to see bullet's direction, especially in stage 5/6.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »
Seriously tho guys, what is the point of spoilering names and stages and music themes when all you need to do is hover the bloody mouse onto it?

I think it is cool you guys r protecting the identity and fun, but this is annoying.

Well, you have people like that, and then you have people like me who not only have a picture of one of the new characters as their avatar, but who has changed their name to be a pun on their regular username and the character's name~

Ahem...

Anyway, I gave UFO a go, and realised that I still suck horribly at danmaku.  I got a game over during Kogasa's midboss fight.  On easy.

...Yep, I'm very, very bad at this.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
And I can beat the game on easy but...I die on Stage 4 in normal...need...pratice...UFo...are fun...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2009, 04:04:41 PM »
Can someone name the bosses after stage 3 proper with their names in Japanese order.

I somehow believe: Captain Murasa, Toramaru Shou, Hiziri Byakuren, HouJuu Nue  are not correct =S

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2009, 04:15:19 PM »
Oh yea, so does this make Nazrin the first stage 1 boss to not only return after stage 1, but also is related to the plot?

Tengukami

« Reply #358 on: August 15, 2009, 04:17:07 PM »
It's also kinda nice how there's a bit of a SA sequel involved, too.

DSveno

« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2009, 04:20:25 PM »
Can someone name the bosses after stage 3 proper with their names in Japanese order.

I somehow believe: Captain Murasa, Toramaru Shou, Hiziri Byakuren, HouJuu Nue  are not correct =S

Minamitsu Murasa, Toramaru Shou, Hijiri Byakuren, Houjuu Nue are correct.
Just check the Touhou wiki. Under each character's page, there is omake part with Japanese text. Read it if you can.