Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons  (Read 124863 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Puzzle & Dragons 5 - So I heard you like fruity dragons
« Reply #810 on: January 20, 2014, 04:05:08 AM »
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I really need to just sit down and force myself to develop UmiYama because x25 is nothing to take lightly and seems to be the key to descends and such soooooooo yeah. So right now my currently planned team is (with provided cost, just assume lower forms for now aside from Venus and Vampire who are already fully evolved)

UmiYama
Love Deity Chaos Venus (light/dark coverage and can set up combos with Change the World)
Verche/Drops (light coverage as well as light orb conversion) OR Susanoo for grass coverage and stalling
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke (hearts to dark, also good dark/water coverage with good stats)
Echidna or Susanoo for stalling
UmiYama friend

It should work, right?

...right?

Seems like a good framework, from there you'd just be tailoring it to what particular descend you'd be tackling at the time. I'd look at designing a team specifically for the next descends you intend on trying.

New rule: no more farming higher level dungeons that require some degree of alertness when sick.  Managed to wipe twice in Ocean of Heaven because I forgot to turn on King Shynee for Neptune yaaaaaay (no not yay)
But hot damn, having a second Valk is pretty sweet for farming that place, double so when yours is fully skilled aww yeah.

So you have two fully skilled Valks now? Pretty nice :3  I managed to bag a second Valk from the latest Goddess Descended but its not skilled up in the least.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #811 on: January 20, 2014, 04:19:41 AM »
Seems like a good framework, from there you'd just be tailoring it to what particular descend you'd be tackling at the time. I'd look at designing a team specifically for the next descends you intend on trying.

Hera. I definitely think the next step for me in this game is to obtain some team members that can use gravity, so!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #812 on: January 20, 2014, 04:43:17 AM »
Hera. I definitely think the next step for me in this game is to obtain some team members that can use gravity, so!

That should be much easier to accomplish than nabbing an athena!
Probably more beneficial to you too since athena is a difficult god to utilize when your teamsize cap is still a limiting factor. Ordinary hera is fortunately a relatively affordable descend god.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #813 on: January 20, 2014, 05:02:32 AM »
So you have two fully skilled Valks now? Pretty nice :3  I managed to bag a second Valk from the latest Goddess Descended but its not skilled up in the least.
Well by have I mean "use one of the 30 Valks on my friends list as a buddy with my Metatron + one in my own team" because hahaha nooooo way I am doing her dungeon any time soon. :V   
A surprising number of them are not skilled up so a Siren -> Valk combo on a 5 turn CD is quite fun and new and exciting territory for me!

....of course, assuming you don't blow the whole run because buttons are hard.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #814 on: January 20, 2014, 05:04:46 AM »
yeah I haven't had much luck skilling up my valk, and motivation to try isn't that great because her dungeon is so damn stingy with exp for its stam cost. Every time I do it and see my exp increase I go "that's it?!!? eff".

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #815 on: January 20, 2014, 05:52:09 AM »
anddd final twinlit attempt down.

At my current monster levels it does not seem possible to do this with bastet and honestly it seems way too board dependant to use later on.

Bastet is just really really bad for this since you need to rely on a good combo board. I mean fuck I got a five combo and I didn't even take down one of the mythlits.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #816 on: January 20, 2014, 07:18:21 AM »
yeah I haven't had much luck skilling up my valk, and motivation to try isn't that great because her dungeon is so damn stingy with exp for its stam cost. Every time I do it and see my exp increase I go "that's it?!!? eff".

Skilling up Valk via Goddess Descended sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'll wait for Poring again tyvm. Though who knows when we'll get a 2x drop rate again on that dungeon, if ever.

It's ok though because I think if I run a healer team it'll be Bastet healer with Bastet, Valk, Siren, Echidna, Venus/King Shynee or something.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Chaore

« Reply #817 on: January 20, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
Skilling up Valk via Goddess Descended sounds like an absolute nightmare. I'll wait for Poring again tyvm. Though who knows when we'll get a 2x drop rate again on that dungeon, if ever.

It's ok though because I think if I run a healer team it'll be Bastet healer with Bastet, Valk, Siren, Echidna, Venus/King Shynee or something.

I might do goddess descended farming just because I only have on skill up left ;v

Though I might want a second valk (just to run all the teams ever)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #819 on: January 20, 2014, 02:39:24 PM »
Yeah, we'll get that in like August.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #820 on: January 20, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »
Which I'm ok with because LOOK AT THIS TIGER AHHHHH

who's going to need me to survive Twinlits to acquire and this gives me time to level up and do so :colbert:

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #821 on: January 20, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »
siiiigh why did I have to get Vritra when I could have got Parvati or Lakshmi :(

Chaore

« Reply #822 on: January 20, 2014, 04:28:50 PM »
Which I'm ok with because LOOK AT THIS TIGER AHHHHH

who's going to need me to survive Twinlits to acquire and this gives me time to level up and do so :colbert:

Well, to be fair she's not confirmed twinlits.

Though theres good reason to hope so because jfc those two kinda need it.

I just hope they start adding devilit evos at some point because jesus angelits are overwhelmingly the better drop

siiiigh why did I have to get Vritra when I could have got Parvati or Lakshmi :(

Well you could've gotten shiva who'd actually have -no- use because you already have droidragon.

« Reply #823 on: January 20, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
i wish there was a way to extract +eggs from my useless but max awaken/skilled siren to give to Isis so she can have max RV already :<

Edible

« Reply #824 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:14 PM »
At least shiva is getting an ult evo, maybe he'll be worth using again

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #825 on: January 20, 2014, 04:57:03 PM »
Yeah, i think id rather have a shiva over a vrita too. Droids stats arent great and having 2 diff colours to null defense is nice.
But damn... Dose indian girls are adorable, second only to upgraded suzaku. I hope if and when she gets an ultimate too they dont screw something up

« Reply #826 on: January 20, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I really need to just sit down and force myself to develop UmiYama because x25 is nothing to take lightly and seems to be the key to descends and such soooooooo yeah. So right now my currently planned team is (with provided cost, just assume lower forms for now aside from Venus and Vampire who are already fully evolved)

UmiYama
Love Deity Chaos Venus (light/dark coverage and can set up combos with Change the World)
Verche/Drops (light coverage as well as light orb conversion) OR Susanoo for grass coverage and stalling
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke (hearts to dark, also good dark/water coverage with good stats)
Echidna or Susanoo for stalling
UmiYama friend

It should work, right?

...right?
With U&Y + Chaos Venus, you already have all 4 necessary colors and don't have to worry about coverage anymore.

Then since U&Y can make water and earth orbs, having Vamp and Drops will help make sure you always have the right orbs. Verche would have been nice if it weren't for the fact he messes you up by killing dark orbs.

Final slot Ecchi cause she's the best. Although if you have a max skilled susanoo and an unskilled ecchi then might as well susanoo

on the other hand U&Y's active is typically enough as long as you make sure you have at least 3 dark and 3 light before activating it, so you could run susanoo over drops for better stats
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:11:46 PM by Suikama »

Chaore

« Reply #827 on: January 20, 2014, 05:11:15 PM »
At least shiva is getting an ult evo, maybe he'll be worth using again

He has pretty nice stats as is actually! He's straight up still better than droid, and a nice fire sub anyway.

If matsy got him though she'd already have a droidragon with more invested thou so yeah :v

But yeah shiva ulti is probably gonna make him something very nice if it goes well.

« Reply #828 on: January 20, 2014, 05:32:29 PM »
Oh yeah for anyone who wants a Siren

Ice Mechdragon Expert has Siren that can drop on floor 5

For some reason she appears in expert only

The drop rate is probably really low but on x2 drop rates it may be worth it to grind.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #829 on: January 20, 2014, 07:26:53 PM »

The drop rate is probably really low but on x2 drop rates it may be worth it to grind.

The chimeras are for people who want to skill their starter dragons :V

On that note, why is almost everything I want to dump xp in to Light. Come back super light kings...

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #830 on: January 20, 2014, 07:57:31 PM »
On that note, why is almost everything I want to dump xp in to Light. Come back super light kings...

Not likely to happen to soon.

Why is light so hard to level up? Dark is the better special snowflake color by far...

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #831 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:23 PM »
With U&Y + Chaos Venus, you already have all 4 necessary colors and don't have to worry about coverage anymore.

Then since U&Y can make water and earth orbs, having Vamp and Drops will help make sure you always have the right orbs. Verche would have been nice if it weren't for the fact he messes you up by killing dark orbs.

Final slot Ecchi cause she's the best. Although if you have a max skilled susanoo and an unskilled ecchi then might as well susanoo

on the other hand U&Y's active is typically enough as long as you make sure you have at least 3 dark and 3 light before activating it, so you could run susanoo over drops for better stats

My susanoo is not max skilled or even max leveled by any means, so Echidna is by far the better option, I think. Maybe. At the very least she can prevent turns from happening, while Susanoo will just cut damage in half for a while, and this is kiiiiind of a squishy team, so.

May as well! Whenever the x2 rates begin, anyway.

« Reply #832 on: January 21, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »
Don't feed all those duplicate Mechdragons away just yet!

https://twitter.com/DaikeYamamoto/status...7225363457

You may be able to gattai all 5 mechdragons together into one super dragon.

wait what

welp i hope you dont need two of the red mechdragon... (like how you need two porings for mastering)

Chaore

« Reply #833 on: January 21, 2014, 12:28:16 AM »
wait what

welp i hope you dont need two of the red mechdragon... (like how you need two porings for mastering)

Well that's a dick move, gungho. I wanted to keep this betelgeuse too.

Like...seriously...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #834 on: January 21, 2014, 01:18:46 AM »
Lets just hope that we'll see mechdragons roll around again in a far more timely fashion than it took for THIS time.
I dunno why, but i really want a good dragon team but aside from leads being weak, the good dragons cost way too much still... But one day Ill have an all 50+cost dragon team! One day!!!

« Reply #835 on: January 21, 2014, 01:29:24 AM »
Since ADK is green you could probably have a half decent mono green dragon team with something like:

Zeal, Draggie, Green Mech, Green Sonia, Green Fruit

100% +green orbs (well a bit overboard with an ally Zeal but w/e), 3 green att enhance, 5 skill boosts

On bosses pop Sonia + Mech + Draggie for a nice big burst

RCV is pretty low so Fruit dragon helps a lot

Edible

« Reply #836 on: January 21, 2014, 01:37:00 AM »
RCV is pretty low so Fruit dragon helps a lot

Or if you have green sonia, run her/zeal instead of zeal/zeal

Really helps a lot with the rcv issue, which I think is the point

« Reply #837 on: January 21, 2014, 01:48:21 AM »
Man yeah Sonia pretty much has everything she needs by herself might as well make a team of just her

Green Sonia, Green Sonia, Green Sonia, Green Mech, Draggie, Friend Green Sonia

Still 100% +orbs, 4 green att enhance, and 9! skill boosts. Burst combo hits even harder because all dat Sonia attack. Also burst only takes 6 turns to charge if everyone is MAX skilled

Best dragon team ever
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:52:05 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #838 on: January 21, 2014, 01:55:54 AM »
Man yeah Sonia pretty much has everything she needs by herself might as well make a team of just her

Green Sonia, Green Sonia, Green Sonia, Green Mech, Draggie, Friend Green Sonia

Still 100% +orbs, 4 green att enhance, and 9! skill boosts. Burst combo hits even harder because all dat Sonia attack. Also burst only takes 6 turns to charge if everyone is MAX skilled

Best dragon team ever

My biggest issue with dragons is that they don't have a heartbreaker. Most of the time, I'd rather just run a balanced team.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #839 on: January 21, 2014, 01:59:09 AM »
My biggest issue with dragons is that they don't have a heartbreaker. Most of the time, I'd rather just run a balanced team.
actually there is one :V

two in fact (although the first one is green)