Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221747 times)

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
How about your situation and OSTs pairings?
When I am alone in my room, reading: Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room (SWR)
When I am cleaning and providing service (yes, I actually do this): Flowering Night (SWR)
When I am constantly deep in thought when it comes to writing: Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye (SA)
---
That aside, when you start applying Touhou-based analogies to real life situations.  For example: my father told me and my brother a story of how my sister would get paint on our car because she would drive too close to the pillars; it reminded me of how I often try too hard to get graze points in Touhou.  Need another example?  I sometimes get impatient and cannot optimally manage my time, which reminded me of how I sometimes get too greedy when it comes to getting power-ups in Touhou (mainly SA).
I just know what I know...

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
You start making custom content when available in games today:

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

Schneeless

• I need to stop changing my name
When you browse the music you repeat on listenonrepeat and see the high numbers on Touhou music that's increasing every day.

When you get super happy or hyped when you meet someone that knows about Touhou face to face, even if they're not a big fan of it.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Not sure if someone's said this already, but there's a Chinese writer called Chen Ran.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

When you create an account on this forum just to post something to this thread.

Also, one of Mario's enemies is called Wiggler.
If you take the R, it says Wiggle.
Now put it between the W and I and it says... Well... You probably know. :V

Wiggler Nightbug ensues.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 01:15:59 AM by Magnemite »

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Applying for a scholarship relating to my university degree and the form said "Describe your greatest achievement to date".
My first thought was "I LNNed IN :V...I can't put thatthis is a bit sad for multiple reasons...;-;"

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
When I'm on my computer, even when I'm looking for homework-related materials on my desktop, I automatically move the cursor to my Touhou folder instead.

This has lead to more than one incident of accidentally opening EoSD when I'm actually trying to open Firefox.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
I just visited a store named "Cat Socrates".

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Full moon tonight. First thing I think of? Keine working overtime.

My English teacher uses a yin-yang necklace. I think of Reimu when I see it...

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
We're sending letters to town officials for school.  One of them was named Kleine.

I kept writing Keine in the email.
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
When you keep smuggling Touhou games into the computer lab in your school with a goddamn 1GB Pendrive.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Today I had the PSAT \o/ . In one of the math problems, there was a person named Alice, so I wrote Margatroid on top of it.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Today I had the PSAT \o/ . In one of the math problems, there was a person named Alice, so I wrote Margatroid on top of it.

I had them at the beginning at the month. Are you not in New Jersey? Because as far as I know everyone in NJ took it on the same day.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
...when you realize your mother looks a lot like Kanako.

No, my father does not look like Suwako.

Also, when your female classmate shows up in her Halloween costume as a witch, and the first thing you ask is if it's a Marisa cosplay.

Sadly, it wasn't.

I had them at the beginning at the month. Are you not in New Jersey? Because as far as I know everyone in NJ took it on the same day.

I'm in New York, so we have it near the end of the month.

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
When you keep smuggling Touhou games into the computer lab in your school with a goddamn 1GB Pendrive.

Oh my god, I just started doing this too, as in today. I was playing LoLK then switched to IN. May have gotten wrecked. Twice.

Nobody really noticed though.  :ohdear:
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Starting several days ago, when I get drowsy and about to fall asleep I start hearing odd things spoken in a girl's voice in my mind.

Things like "I'm the wife of the doctor's vegetarian!" or "FLYING CONTACT LENSES!"

I'm starting to wonder if Koishi somehow managed to come across me and do weird stuff to my subconscious.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
Nobody really noticed though.

Well in my case, the teacher just watched us play and passed by (since she asked us to DO WHATEVER THE SHIT YOU WANT). I was just hoping to give her a play. My objective though is to make sure the next generation of my grade become Touhou fans, like me.

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Almost everyone in my class at school knows about Cirno.   :V

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #921 on: November 01, 2015, 01:08:24 AM »
Almost everyone in my class at school knows about Cirno.   :V
Care to explain how?

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #922 on: November 01, 2015, 06:29:14 AM »
When you kept thinking of Reimu everytime you see someone wearing white detached sleeves with red details.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #923 on: November 01, 2015, 08:12:45 PM »
This Halloween, I had a plan to give extra candy to anyone who came to my door dressed as a Touhou character. Sadly, that never happened.

Also, I suddenly want to try grilled lamprey.

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #924 on: November 02, 2015, 01:53:13 AM »
When you really love observing brightly colored patterns and imagining how they would look like as animated bullets that Reimu would have to avoid colliding into.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #925 on: November 02, 2015, 11:41:43 PM »
When you base many of your life choices off of the characters' influence.  I find that I relate to Patchouli quite a bit.
I just know what I know...

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #926 on: November 04, 2015, 01:03:07 AM »
So I was telling my mom that I wanted to go to McDonald's for my birthday, when I was going to tell her the reason (i. e. Hoopa), she asked if the reason was Touhou-related. Guess why I found that funny.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
« Reply #927 on: November 04, 2015, 09:17:58 AM »
So I was telling my mom that I wanted to go to McDonald's for my birthday, when I was going to tell her the reason (i. e. Hoopa), she asked if the reason was Touhou-related. Guess why I found that funny.

Indeed it is.

I haven't reached that level of addiction yet. That or I'm really good at hiding it in front of my parents.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
« Reply #928 on: November 04, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
Tomorrow is my presentation. And there are Touhou arts related to the subject in it. Wish me luck maidens~

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #929 on: November 05, 2015, 02:20:57 AM »
Tomorrow is my presentation. And there are Touhou arts related to the subject in it. Wish me luck maidens~

All the best! :)