Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 222519 times)

Aquila

• Sprite animator
  • Productivity is a drug
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #870 on: September 21, 2015, 04:51:40 AM »
When this is how you spend the hour before going to class.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #871 on: September 22, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »
When you constantly visualize what it would be like if you lived in Gensokyo.
I just know what I know...

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
« Reply #872 on: September 22, 2015, 04:37:21 AM »
When you play Civ 5, notice that you spawned next to a mountain, put your capital there and rename it "Moriya Shrine".

The next city I founded was next to a lake. I named it "Scarlet Devil Mansion".
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #873 on: September 22, 2015, 07:14:09 AM »
When you sometimes imagine that Modest Mussorgsky and ZUN would make great friends. Both of them apparently compose better after drinking.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
« Reply #874 on: September 22, 2015, 08:05:43 PM »
While going to get supper today, my brother and my father were talking about a song called "Time is on my Side".  Need I say what I was thinking about upon hearing those words?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #875 on: September 25, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »
When you jumped at the bit to record Return of Touhou Mother after it came out...
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
« Reply #876 on: September 25, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »
A couple of days ago, it was the autumn equinox. However, over here it still feels like midsummer. As the people around me were loudly complaining about it, I joked that we were having a summer version of PCB.

The Aki Sisters must be annoyed.

*coughcoughperfectautumnleavescoughcoughineedabetternameforit*
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

« Reply #877 on: September 25, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »
Yesterday, in Spanish class we were talking about cucumbers... and I guess everyone here knows what I was thinking.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
« Reply #878 on: September 27, 2015, 01:42:59 AM »
I don't.  Is that bad?  Seriously though, what did you mean by that?

« Reply #879 on: September 27, 2015, 02:05:18 AM »
They probably meant they were thinking of Nitori. As a kappa, she's often associated with cucumbers, and has a spell card called "Monster Cucumber".

« Reply #880 on: September 30, 2015, 03:09:39 AM »
I realized that the program I worked with had the acronym "PCB."  Had to hide my laughter since said program is in a school and explaining Touhou to my students wouldn't exactly be the most schooltime appropriate activity!  Also, I saw the acronym "DDC" on a train magazine in Barnes and Noble, and nearly broke out laughing in the store.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
« Reply #881 on: September 30, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »
I was thinking to myself that it has been a long time since I last played, only to realize that my last playthrough was only one week ago.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
I think I just saw a doll of a bear wearing Reisen's ears...

Colticide

• Awoo!~
When you haven't played EoSD in months and you decided to try again... but on normal mode and breeze through it and get murdered by Remilia! How the heck does one get better by not playing?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Schneeless

• I need to stop changing my name
When you spend days trying to create a character in another game that looks like a Touhou character, and get really disappointed when you can't make a good one :(.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
When the "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" meme reminds you of the "Ice Sign 'Icicle Fall' (Easy)" meme.

When it is 4:00 AM and you think hmm maybe I will play just 2 quick stages of Touhou before going to bed. But ends up playing through the whole game and more looks at clock 7:00 Am just that fast. Lol happened to me a few days ago one stage just was not enough apparently.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
I was playing Civ 5 as Japan, and got to the Renaissance Era. When you get there, you get spies. The spy names are randomly selected from a pool. My first spy's name was Orin.

Images of Rin Kaembyou doing counterintelligence work in Kyoto come to mind.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
When you haven't played EoSD in months and you decided to try again... but on normal mode and breeze through it and get murdered by Remilia! How the heck does one get better by not playing?

That was like me replaying PCB for the first time in weeks; I almost perfectly cleared normal mode 1cc.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
That was like me replaying PCB for the first time in weeks; I almost perfectly cleared normal mode 1cc.

Haha its so weird! Its how I got my first 1cc in IN.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Recently I was scrolling down a Smash Bros.-related page at hyper speed, causing me to misread Little Mac as Lily White.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
My friend once signed off in a letter with an "shi" and has a "k" somewhere in it. I misread her name as "Shikieiki".

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
One of the projectors at my university has a label with "EIKI".
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

One of the projectors at my university has a label with "EIKI".

....Every projector in my school has that label, but I keep forgetting about it. Somehow.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Well, not from me, but someone who bought the name in the game upgrade for Prison Architect thought it would be good to put Rinnosuke Morichika in the game, bio:

"A shopkeeper who steals from other shopkeepers".

We'll see if that one gets approved.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
When you spend a free period at school looking up Chinese history, then absentmindedly start thinking about how they would be as Touhous.

I'm still trying to think up a bullet pattern for Wu Zetian...

When you set a touhou song as your alarm. *guilty*

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
Passed by a security post, mistook him as Momiji.

When you can properly fit Touhou soundtracks into everyday situations.

At Food Streets: Walking the Streets of a Former Hell.
In a bar: Doll Maker of Bucuresti (SWR)
A fight starting in public : Our Hisou Tensoku
Lost in a mall and trying to find a way out : Voile, the Magic Library (IaMP)

How about your situation and OSTs pairings?
When you set a touhou song as your alarm. *guilty*

Well, I set one. Lunar Clock ~ Luna Dial (IaMP)

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
When you spend a free period at school looking up Chinese history, then absentmindedly start thinking about how they would be as Touhous.

I'm still trying to think up a bullet pattern for Wu Zetian...

I do this for music history.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
So I'm doing a binge reading of What If, and while there are a lot of things that remind me of Touhou there which would probably be obvious to you and not worth mentioning, I think it is worth mentioning that this one is about a lake on the Moon. That's what the final stage of LoLK is!

As a side note, I was playing Yoshi's Woolly World, and noticed that this part of the cave theme sounds like Kanako's theme.