Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221740 times)

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #960 on: December 09, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »
When you watch an OFF playthrough and all you can imagine is Junko playing baseball.
Hey, I thought that too!
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Bic?-

• Da best n00bie evah 'u'
  • Fufufufufu--
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #961 on: December 09, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »
When in the classroom you whistle "Beloved Tomboyish Girl"  without actually realizing it.. yup-

Phantasmal

• I'm good at breaking the forum rules on accident..
« Reply #962 on: December 10, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »
When you start dueling Yukari in PCB in the middle of Astronomy.

EDIT: OR EVEN BETTER: WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE HALLWAYS AND COUNT YOUR GRAZE AGAINST OTHER PEOPLE :]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:40:54 AM by Pyroaid »

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #963 on: December 14, 2015, 11:40:14 AM »
When you are fighting Asreil dreemurr and you think "Dreemurr has stolen Marisa's spellcards.... how ironic"

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #964 on: December 14, 2015, 12:25:37 PM »
When you are fighting Asreil dreemurr and you think "Dreemurr has stolen Marisa's spellcards.... how ironic"

Please mark your spoilers! Thanks! :'P

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #965 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:02 PM »
Please mark your spoilers! Thanks! :'P

is it still spoilers after like how long now? xD also im not entirely sure how heh

« Reply #966 on: December 15, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
When you're off listening to SSBWU tracks and come upon a song that sounds strangely a bit like Hartmann's Youkai Girl...  ???
EDIT: And a little of U.N Owen Was Her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8UklQ8rX8&index=248&list=PLyozrBudY8SgYPAGayp2ywh8PjO93SY7I

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #967 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:36 AM »
When you think your Danmaku experience could help you in other games...

And success!

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #968 on: December 23, 2015, 05:12:57 AM »
When you see Santa hats everywhere and think "Is the Doremypocalypse happening?"

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
« Reply #969 on: December 27, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
Two days ago, I visited my sister to have Christmas dinner.  As she was setting the table, she grabbed a handful of knives with only her fingers.  It was done in such a way that looked similar to how Sakuya holds her knives before throwing them.
I just know what I know...

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #970 on: December 27, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »
When Pandemonic Planet starts playing in your head whenever you see Hades from Hercules.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #971 on: December 29, 2015, 04:50:13 AM »
When a certain combination of two enemies in Undertale's combined attack makes you say "FUCK, IT'S GALAXY IN A POT."
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #972 on: December 29, 2015, 12:37:59 PM »
Quote from: Bulbapedia
Senri (Norman's Japanese name) can be translated as 1000 li, which is a considerable distance, while Haruka (May's Japanese name) can be translated as far away.
Quote from: Touhou Wiki
Momiji has a telegnosis ability that allows her to see a thousand ri ahead (approximately 3,927 kilometres, or 2,440 miles).
Make of that what you will.

Hannibal_Kills

• To Hell and Beyond
  • I don't give a damn about rules...
« Reply #973 on: December 29, 2015, 03:28:36 PM »
My father was playing some local 90's and 00's uh, romance music(?) with his radio. Then, there's this one track.
The song, sung by a man, was about a girl named
Spoiler:
Layla
Spoiler:

A Hellcat went down the Hell's Highway after the Battle for Caen, "Byou". - Hannibal

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
This guy I know was looking at skins for SSBB and I had to explain who all the Touhou characters were when he saw people like Mystia and Chen. And when I explained, he said "whatever, I'm being a weeaboo. Respect my weeaboo-ness." I have to say, I was quite irritated.

I also realized that being within the Touhou community has gotten me more energetically positive throughout the years. Does that count as addiction? ._.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
For some reason, whenever I listen to the Can Can I imagine being chased by Reimu.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Abraham Lincoln

• Make Bach Great Again!
For some reason, whenever I listen to the Can Can I imagine being chased by Reimu.

I personally think that the William Tell overture would be better music for that situation. :V

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
I personally think that the William Tell overture would be better music for that situation. :V

I would think that's hell breaking loose in all of Gensokyo

A huge murder of crows was outside the classroom I work in today.  While everyone else is making Alfred Hitchcock refs, I'm thinking of tengu.  And if the first day back to school after the Holiday Break was a newsworthy story for them!

Krompy

• 420 graze it
When I'm having a train of thought alone when I'm taking a stroll outside or just before sleeping, that train always ends up in gensokyo  :derp:
Normal 1cc: all clear!
Hard 1cc: IN LLS MS SA DDC
Extra: EoSD PCB(Phantasm) IN MoF TD DDC

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
I was playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at the library. I was using Zelda in a 6-player match. I was down to my last stock and randomly, I started screaming (screaming is oddly enough allowed in the area of the building I was in). What did I scream? It went down like this:

"Remiliaaaaa... KIIIICK!!!!"
*sweetspots lightning kick*
"Remiliaaaa... KIIIICK!!!!"
*sweetspots another kick*
"KIIIIIICK!!!!!"
*sweetspots three more lightning kicks*
"Maybe if I use Down Air! KIIIIIICK!!!!"
*no sweetspot on Zelda's stomp*
"Your Special Command has failed."

Next thing I know, I got 8 KO's from that. And then I tried it the next match and it worked. Thanks, Remi.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
In school, we are learning about tension in my science class. It amused me how similar that word sounds to Tenshi, so I drew a little picture of her saying "What's that about me?" in my notes.

In my history class, we are learning about the 50's, and we were studying the pop culture of those times. It was at that point that I realized that Yukari's PCB outfit look like it was from the 50's.

I feel like showing my literature teacher Diamond in the Rough. I feel it's the Citizen Kane of fan films.

I also feel like playing this song at a Wendy's to garner reactions.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Whenever I play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Sheik reminds me of Sakuya and Robin (specifically her pink skin) reminds me of Patchouli.  I mostly main those two characters for that reason.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Whenever I play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Sheik reminds me of Sakuya and Robin (specifically her pink skin) reminds me of Patchouli.  I mostly main those two characters for that reason.
Not to mention Robin's blue Cirno-looking skin and Zelda's purple Yukari-looking skin.

In first period English class, we were further in the material than the other classes. So, the teacher told us to push our desks in a big circle, and he passed out lined paper, on which we had to write: "The last thing I remember hearing was..." and then we completed the sentence and passed it on to the next person in the circle, and then they would write something while being timed. When time was up, we'd pass it on to the next person.

The Touhou part here is that after a while, I didn't know what to write, so I started writing Touhou references, such as about Koishi, Mima (tempura-butt joke (Wind Priestess Quest)), Buta-Otome, of course, Cirno.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
I took a vacation to China over Winter Break.

1. I can't stop thinking of Meiling when I hear/see/read "China".

2. I saw a restaraunt spelled "Cino Noodle" or something along those lines. I took a photo of the sign with my phone. I'll put the picture up... someday. When I saw it, I think I grinned like a fool, but I definitely remember thinking, "That restaraunt was one letter away from being the strongest!"

3. I saw a sign in a store for something which was translated into English as "Miko Cocktail". I also took a photo of that, which I may or may not upload. That piqued my interest, but I didn't have the courage (or knowledge of the Chinese language) to ask.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Today in ICT class, we were doing HTML and CSS, and we learned about "padding".

No prizes for guessing who I thought of.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Bloody hell, I wish I could knife you through the computer screen...

zero_breaker

• Is chuuni before 2nd year
  • Must... resist... procrastination...
...When you see a random picture and thought it's danmaku for a second.
When you hear a random piece of music and (sometimes wrongly) recognizes parts of Touhou music in there.
When you treat people on the street as danmaku.
When your phone playlist consist of only Touhou music.

Yeah, this is what's happening to me.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
When you pretend that a regular book is a grimoire...
When you suddenly feel like playing with dolls...
When you go shopping online and the first thing that you look for is Touhou merchandise...
When you find yourself constantly quoting characters from the fighting games (eg: Your time is mine.  I'm not alone, there's no way I could lose.)...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:45:06 PM by Boomer »