Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 193600 times)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - X and Y versions announcement
« Reply #450 on: September 04, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »
Some info on the Mega starters:
-Mega Venusaur gets increase in both Defense and Special Defense and gets the ability Thick Fat
-Mega Charizard gets increase in Special Attack and get Drought as its ability (still Fire/Flying)
-Mega Blastoise hasn't said to get any stats boosts but gets an ability called Mega Launcher, which increases the power of "Pulse" moves like Water Pulse and Dark Pulse
Spoiler:
Still uses his mouth to shoot fire, even though he has three cannons :v
Spoiler:
And where I am not the guy who thinks of Digimon with Mega Evolutions, those bracelets does draw similarities to Digimon (oddly enough, the first thing what came to mind was Digimon Savers)

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #451 on: September 04, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »
I was literally about to type up this news but got distracted by the Cookie Clicker thread. Goddamnit
I understand the predicament you were in Trance, cookies are seriously business.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #452 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
MegaTank Blastoise.

Where is your god now? :V

The professor instead, gives you one of the original three starters, which now have their own mega evolutions.

Most likely during the aftergame, I presume.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #453 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
Pokemon is getting Digimon as f*ck.
I really would've preferred straight-up evolutions, but whatever, I can't complain about my faves Absol and Mawile getting buffs.

Anyone else bothered by them redoing the Pokemon cries from earlier games?  It's a bit hard to hear, but Charmander sounds a lot different.  Personally I would've wanted them to keep the old cries.  It's not just because of the nostalgia, but because I don't want them to lose that sound quality that made them so distinctive from generation to generation.  Some of my favorites are from the earlier gens (Seadra, Venomoth, Spinarak, etc) and I'm a bit apprehensive about the new cries they'll get.
Yes, this means a lot to me. ;-;

Most likely during the aftergame, I presume.

I don't know, it seems silly to show off a trailer of something that wouldn't happen til so late in the game.  Then again, the games sometimes do put things off until the end of the game that you'd expect to be pretty handy/vital before then...
Why the hell is the Day Care so late in BW2?
Yes I'm still trying to beat White 2.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #454 on: September 04, 2013, 01:03:42 PM »
Was the whole "get a GSC starter" thing in postgame Emerald revealed before release? Might be a good historical example.

I prefer the old cries as well. ;-;

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #455 on: September 04, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
New Pokemon Direct!

There's a paid service called Pokemon Box (with an annual fee) that allows you to store your Pokemon on the cloud with 100 boxes, totaling 3,000 storage spaces. This will also be compatible with future game titles too.

That... Actually sounds pretty cool, especially if it speeds up mass-transfers. I have spent days at this point moving my collection from game to game via trades.

-Mega Venusaur gets increase in both Defense and Special Defense and gets the ability Thick Fat

Daaaamn. Venusaur was already the coolest/most playable one, so it didn't need help but arguably got the most. On the plus side, it can't have Thick Fat with Chlorophyll, so this is unlikely to make it even more playable, just more versatile.

-Mega Charizard gets increase in Special Attack and get Drought as its ability (still Fire/Flying)

Booo! Mulligan! Needs a mega-mega form I guess.

-Mega Blastoise hasn't said to get any stats boosts but gets an ability called Mega Launcher, which increases the power of "Pulse" moves like Water Pulse and Dark Pulse
Spoiler:
Still uses his mouth to shoot fire, even though he has three cannons :v

Meh? More than anything else I'm interested in the fact that some of the mega forms don't actually get stat boosts. This means the fear that they would all get 600+ base stats by default isn't true. Any word yet on how large the stat increases that others are getting actually are?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:29:32 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #456 on: September 05, 2013, 02:59:19 AM »
Daaaamn. Venusaur was already the coolest/most playable one, so it didn't need help but arguably got the most. On the plus side, it can't have Thick Fat with Chlorophyll, so this is unlikely to make it even more playable, just more versatile.
Mega-Venusaur is the definition of bulky seeder. It doesn't heal as much as Rain Dish Ludicolo, but a boost to 80/80/100 defences to maybe 80/100/120 and only having two weaknesses and immunity to seed and poison means you probably will need a Steel or Pokemon which can hit its weaknesses or else a Sleep Power/ Giga Drain/ Leech Seed/ ? will wear you down. I'm predicting HP Fire for the final part of that set.

Red Frost

« Reply #457 on: September 05, 2013, 07:01:09 AM »
New Pokemon spotted.

It kinda looks like a shaggy, white goat...?  Or some weird centaur-shaped thing.

I'm suddenly reminded of Hitec's moemon designs. (danbooru)
Speaking of abilities, how did people get DW starters?  I don't remember hearing anything about them...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #458 on: September 05, 2013, 07:52:02 AM »
A few were from events and promotions.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #459 on: September 09, 2013, 12:57:01 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/k0rDzwU.jpg

Pokemon getting mega-evolutions. Keep an eye out for the image it's probably fake.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:01:41 AM by Mu Reina »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #460 on: September 09, 2013, 01:00:51 AM »
no breloom ;_;

WAIT GARCHOMP!? WHAT THE FUCK

Pokemon getting mega-evolutions. Keep an eye out for the image it's probably fake.

oh ok
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:03:19 AM by Uncle Suikama »

Drake

« Reply #461 on: September 09, 2013, 03:10:30 AM »
checkerboard pattern doesn't line up with the pokes or the text, some pokes are randomly overlapped on others

pixels

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #462 on: September 09, 2013, 04:36:31 AM »
For something more real from Pok?mon Smash:
- Super Training footage This particular mini-game has you going around a stadium, trying to hit soccer balls into a giant Magneton which tries to hit you with its own soccer balls. It seems to increase Special Attack.
- Tease forwards second Mega Mewtwo?

Red Frost

« Reply #463 on: September 09, 2013, 09:34:13 AM »

As much as I'd love to see Gardevoir, Larvesta, Lapras, Aggron, and Galvantula get Megavolutions, I don't trust the image.  Scizor and Heracross without Pinsir?  Seems odd, but more importantly, they broke up Romeo and Juliet Zangoose and Seviper.

And... y'know... Ninjask isn't on that list.  That's an immediate red-flag.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #464 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
As much as I'd love to see Gardevoir, Larvesta, Lapras, Aggron, and Galvantula get Megavolutions, I don't trust the image.  Scizor and Heracross without Pinsir?  Seems odd, but more importantly, they broke up Romeo and Juliet Zangoose and Seviper.

Aw jeez, Mega Pinsir... I love that plan.

I would say that it seems wrong that there's a bunch of stuff that already sees heavy use on there, but the fact that they're giving mega forms to legendary dudes already reminds me that they don't necessarily actually have game balance/fixing past mistakes in mind when designing things like this. The real tell is the lack of Mega Weezing. No Mega Weezing means that it must be fake... Right? :ohdear:

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #465 on: September 09, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
I'm kind of raising my eyebrow at using speculative reasoning like that to say it's fake, just because what you think should be there isn't.

This approach seems to make more sense.

(Either way, I am crossing my fingers for Mega Celebi...)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #466 on: September 09, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »
I'm kind of raising my eyebrow at using speculative reasoning like that to say it's fake, just because what you think should be there isn't.

Well yeah, but that's a joke, right? A joke, just like a world where Mega Weezing doesn't exist would be?

Red Frost

« Reply #467 on: September 09, 2013, 06:31:02 PM »

This approach seems to make more sense.

That certainly is more definitive than what I came up with, but I was just having a little speculation fun with what I know (which isn't Japanese or photo manipulation).  I mean, it's not like they haven't broken up pairs/groups while handing out evolutions before (Scizor, Mega Blaziken, etc).  Still... it really does feel wrong to have Zangoose without Seviper.  It's like Latios without Latias.

The Ninjask thing was a joke.
Because I really want a Ninjask evolution.
It's a ninja cicada.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #468 on: September 09, 2013, 08:40:03 PM »
That certainly is more definitive than what I came up with, but I was just having a little speculation fun with what I know (which isn't Japanese or photo manipulation).  I mean, it's not like they haven't broken up pairs/groups while handing out evolutions before (Scizor, Mega Blaziken, etc).  Still... it really does feel wrong to have Zangoose without Seviper.  It's like Latios without Latias.

The Ninjask thing was a joke.
Because I really want a Ninjask evolution.
It's a ninja cicada.

I'd rather see them do something with Nincada. That guy is way cooler than Ninjask or Shedinja. King of like how Surskit is way better than Masquerain. Bugs with interesting unique typings that lose them upon evolution go!

Red Frost

« Reply #469 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »
I'd rather see them do something with Nincada. That guy is way cooler than Ninjask or Shedinja. King of like how Surskit is way better than Masquerain. Bugs with interesting unique typings that lose them upon evolution go!

An alternate evolution path with the Ground/Bug typing intact would be really cool.  They could even make it a gender specific one for kunoichi, female ninjas.
... damn, now I really want this to be a thing.
And yeah, Masquerain losing its Water typing was a real shame.

Jellyfish

• much doge-maku
  • so touhou
« Reply #470 on: September 10, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »
I'm not really happy about the Mega-evolutions, but I guess GF has to come up with something before fans get bored.
And when I mean fans, I mean younger fans. I bet they're really happy about Megas and stuff. Also, I hope they give more Pokemon really seriously real evolutions instead of Megas :<

Also Charizard getting Drought is completely biased </3 #TeamVenusaur
sexy doges

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #471 on: September 10, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »
Blastoise probably got the worst deal, depending on whether or not it learns any new Pulse moves. Because currently, it can only learn Water Pulse. Venusaur is actually pretty good with the stat increases now and its ability helps it much more than Drought does for Charizard (though you can argue otherwise).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #472 on: September 10, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »

I will say that if Scizor OR Heracross get Mega evolutions and Pinsir is ignored AGAIN I will flip.

Heracross is basically supposed to be the Pinsir equivalent of Scizor anyway. Similar but slightly different movepools, BST 500 both of them, different type, the stay layout is overall 'better'... it would be foolish to think that at some point what is now Heracross wasn't a Pinsir Evo. The similarities between Pinsir-Heracross and Scyther-Scizor are too much to ignore.

Likewise, I'll flip if they do anything this gen to make Dusclops/Dusnoir better, while ignoring Banette. AGAIN. Dusknoir was bad enough, then they go make Evolite. [Which, by the way, was another wonderful kick in the teeth for Pinsir too]

On the other hand I wouldn't care too much if Sableye didn't get anything too fun, because Sableye came off leaps and bounds better in Gen4/5. Hell, he did in Gen 3 as well.

Version exclusives should receive equal treatment. I just wonder what Gen 5 version exclusive will get screwed over. There always seems to be one in every odd-numbered generation. I'm willing to bet it'll be Mandibuzz and 'MURICA BIRD will get something cool.

I mean, starters tend to get treated fairly in regards to getting cool new toys, why not version exclusives?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:54:58 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Red Frost

« Reply #473 on: September 10, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
Blastoise probably got the worst deal, depending on whether or not it learns any new Pulse moves. Because currently, it can only learn Water Pulse. Venusaur is actually pretty good with the stat increases now and its ability helps it much more than Drought does for Charizard (though you can argue otherwise).

Wow, I thought for sure Blastoise got Dragon Pulse when I saw it was getting that ability...  Maybe it'll be able to learn that and Dark Pulse in the generation shift?  That or Water Pulse is getting one hell of a boost.  Only other thing that comes to mind is a slew of new "_____ Pulse" moves, but the only one I can see Blastoise being able to learn would be an Ice attack.
... at least it didn't get Defeatist, right?

Maybe we'll get an Eviolite-like item that only works with perma-Basic Pokemon.  Something that could work with Jynx (regardless of the baby evolution) but not Magmar (it has an evolution), Magmortar (it's an evolution), or Lucario (it has Mega-Lucario).

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #474 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:34 AM »
If you check Serebii.net right now, you'll notice a Corocoro scan.

>Mega Garchomp confirmed
FML

There also appears to be version-exclusive Mega Evolutions of Mewtwo, according to the coverage. The new Fossil Pokemon are typed Rock/Dragon (!!!) and Rock/Ice (...)
The evolutions revealed of the Gen 6 starters are single-typed.

Re: Fairy type-chart
According to this, Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon. However, as this is not pictured yet, don't take it as 100% confirmed.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #475 on: September 11, 2013, 09:49:11 AM »
If you check Serebii.net right now, you'll notice a Corocoro scan.

>Mega Garchomp confirmed
FML

There also appears to be version-exclusive Mega Evolutions of Mewtwo, according to the coverage. The new Fossil Pokemon are typed Rock/Dragon (!!!) and Rock/Ice (...)
The evolutions revealed of the Gen 6 starters are single-typed.

Re: Fairy type-chart

Mega Garchomp why

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #476 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
Apparently this is fairy's type chart:

SE on:
Fighting; Dark; Dragon
NVE On: Fire, Poison, Steel

Weak to: Poison [ABOUT TIME], Steel
Resists: Fighting, Dark, Bug [Wat]
Immune: Dragon

Some of these weaknesses and resists feel like shoehorns for balance, like the bug resist... if anything I'd say fairy should be weak to bug, since a lot of them seem to be nature spirits and bugs eat plants. A grass resist would have made sense, but Grass doesn't need a nerf, does it GF? And being outright immune to dragon makes no sense as I said when fairy was revealed to be strong against Dragon and is clearly a balance bandage. At least when they added Dark it made the 'Three fears' for Psychic's weaknesses.

I get the Fighting, Dark and Steel relations, however. Surprised it's not weak to fire, but at least it's NVE on it. After all, we don't need more offensive Fire spewed around and Defensive fires tend to suck. [I also guess if it was weak to Fire every Dragon would just FIREBLAST. Hello again, balance bandages!]

Mega Mewtwos are version exclusive. One's Fighting/Psychic.

Mega Garchomp NOOOOO
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:06:06 AM by Raikaria »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #477 on: September 11, 2013, 10:07:01 AM »
11:06: According to the leaker, Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost

GET WRECKED

oh my fucking god what's happening

Jellyfish

• much doge-maku
  • so touhou
« Reply #478 on: September 11, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »
11:06: According to the leaker, Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost. Like the rest of this information this is unconfirmed until we get a picture.

I'm crying. I hope this isn't true.
There goes Metagross, as well as our long awaited Ghost/Steel. Gengar will once again rule! Now, Ghost's only resists are Normal and Dark. Celebrate!
Seriously though, GF, after introducing Honedge, decides to nerf Steel. Dang it.
sexy doges

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #479 on: September 11, 2013, 10:20:16 AM »
Wait, so GF is actually not just adding Fairy as an obvious balance bandage, but is actually changing the type chart to nerf other types that are too strong?! [I expect Ghost to get some change as well if this is true]

Excuse me while I sing in glee.

EDIT:

Oh god the Grass starter's 2nd form looks AWFUL. Derpy as anything too.

The Fire and Water starters, on the other hand, look awesome.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:45:41 AM by Raikaria »