Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 163019 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #450 on: November 22, 2013, 01:32:04 AM »
>"Reisen, it looks like the sticky stuff has your hair. If we cut it off, you can be unstuck right away. Or, maybe Eirin has something that will counteract whatever Tewi used."
>Assuming we have our pokeymans, call out Ditto. Have it copy us, with the fireball hand, and tell it to go into Kaguya's room to provide light for her.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #451 on: November 24, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »
>"Reisen, it looks like the sticky stuff has your hair. If we cut it off, you can be unstuck right away. Or, maybe Eirin has something that will counteract whatever Tewi used."

> ?No, no, we don?t need to cut any hair,? Reisen says. ?This isn?t the first time; Eirin has some solvent in her office.?

>Assuming we have our pokeymans, call out Ditto. Have it copy us, with the fireball hand, and tell it to go into Kaguya's room to provide light for her.

> You take out your ditto, and have it copy you.

> ?No,? Kaguya says. ?I don?t want that? thing staring at me.?

> ?It?s just a ditto,? Nue taunts. ?What, are you embarrassed because it looks like Mokou??

> ?N-Not at all!? Kaguya squeels as she gets to her feet. She?s still a little unstead, relying on the door to support her. ?I just? well, you wouldn?t be using this as an excuse to peek, would you? I mean, it?s not like anyone can tell the difference.?

> ?Lame excuse,? Nue says. ?You just saw it change, and it?s easy to make it change back.? Nue taunts. ?You?re just embarrassed because it looks like Mokou.?

> ?Alright, fine, I don?t like being watched when I change. Not by Mokou, not by anyone for that matter.?

> ?Don?t be so prudish. It?s a ditto, it doesn?t care,? Nue says.

> ?Rich coming from someone who never shows her face to anyone,? Kaguya responds.

> ?I do!? Nue says. ?Sometimes.?

> ?Then do it right now.? Kaguya says.

> ?Um? I?d rather not,? Nue says.

> ?Thought so.? Kaguya says.

> Nue isn?t cheerful anymore, if anything she looks a little nervous to you, avoiding Kaguya?s gaze. You wonder if Kaguya would prefer your Charizard to your ditto as Cirno says, ?Um? a little help here??

> ?I have to side with the fairy on this one,? Reisen says.

>_

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2013, 10:35:44 PM »
>Someone needs to get Eirin! Delegate task to...
>Ditto wait no that's a bad idea
>Nue?
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2013, 08:01:44 AM »
>"Like I said, I can get you up right now, or someone could go fetch Eirin. Nue, I choose you."
>"Now Kaguya, what do you want set on fire?"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:03:35 AM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #454 on: December 02, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »
>Someone needs to get Eirin! Delegate task to...
>Ditto wait no that's a bad idea
>Nue?

>"Like I said, I can get you up right now, or someone could go fetch Eirin. Nue, I choose you."

> ??Yeah, sure,? Nue says slowly. She then perks up a bit, adding ?Absolutely,? as she quickly makes an exit.

> ?Pity,? Kaguya says. ?You know, she?s not what I expected in person. You wouldn?t happen to know what she really looks like, would you??

>"Now Kaguya, what do you want set on fire?"

> Your remark distracts Kaguya, as she responds ?there will be no setting of things on fire!? She sighs, adding, ?Mokou, Mokou-ditto, whoever, just? just help me find a flashlight already, ok??

> Your ditto glances at you, raising its eyebrow with a small ?hm?? With slightly bored expression and hands in pockets, at a glance it really does have your mannerisms creepily perfect.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #455 on: December 02, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »
>Idly wonder if Nue is going to impersonate Eirin, or just send Eirin making us think she's Nue impersonating Eirin.
>"Reisen, I'll leave Ditto here to watch over you until Eirin gets here."
>Ditto is still using fireball hand flashlight, right?"
>Enter boudoir, help princess out of her bathrobe

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #456 on: December 05, 2013, 04:31:04 AM »
>Idly wonder if Nue is going to impersonate Eirin, or just send Eirin making us think she's Nue impersonating Eirin.

> She could pretend to be Eirin knowing that we?ll think it?s the real Eirin which she wants us to believe is herself.

> Either way, it ought to be difficult to fool you, since you?ve known Eirin for hundreds of years and Nue?s known Eirin for tens of minutes. Which means if she does pull it off, half of Eientei will rub it in your face.

>"Reisen, I'll leave Ditto here to watch over you until Eirin gets here."
>Ditto is still using fireball hand flashlight, right?"

> It is, so there?s little risk of anyone stumbling around in the dark.

> ?Um, don?t you have that backwards?? Kaguya asks.

> ?Nope!? you say, entering her room with a toothy grin as you enter her room.

>Enter boudoir, help princess out of her bathrobe

> ?Um, I don?t really think that?s such a good idea,? Reisen says.

> ?Seems fine to me,? you say, giving the bunny a wink as you close the door to Kaguya?s bedchambers.

> You set a small flame to light the room. Kaguya blushes, silently staring at you with wide eyes as she covers her mouth with the sleeve of her bathrobe. You say, ?Don?t you have a flashlight to find?? as you continue to smile enthusiastically at her. You are probably enjoying this moment a bit too much.

> ?Right, right,? Kaguya says, turning her back to you a bit too eagerly for her own good as she looks through a drawer full of socks. You are surprised that she?d rather avoid your gaze than watch out for the shanking the pyromaniac behind her would normally have given her by now.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #457 on: December 05, 2013, 09:38:15 AM »
>Evil grin. Fade to black. Cut to: fifteen minutes later, sitting at dinner table.

>"...which is why I think Team Galactic needs to be taken down hard, publicly, soon."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:42:44 AM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #458 on: December 12, 2013, 07:16:50 PM »
>Evil grin. Fade to black. Cut to: fifteen minutes later, sitting at dinner table.

>"...which is why I think Team Galactic needs to be taken down hard, publicly, soon."

> Your fifteen minute fade to black takes almost half an hour. Cirno is sticky to your right, still sticky from the ordeal, and two her right is Reisen, her hair utterly unkempt. Kaguya sits right of Reisen, at the head of the table. Opposite Reisen, and next to Kaguya is Eirin, alternating glares between you and Kaguya in irritation, and Kaguya is avoiding both your and Eirin?s eyes, her hair and dress far less perfectly styled and pressed than usual. Finally, to the right of Eirin is Nue, barely containing her glee at the awkwardness of the atmosphere.

> ?Couldn?t agree more,? Tewi says with a chuckle, taking the final vacant seat across the table from you and to the right of Nue. You note it is wise of her to use Nue as a shield between herself and all the people she pissed off in the last hour; half the table is giving her dirty looks.

> If Tewi is nervous, she certainly isn?t showing it. The rabbit smirks at you, commanding, ?Hey rabbits, bring out the grub!? A couple of rabbit girls enter from the next room, proceeding to place salads on the table and pouring drinks for the seven of you.

> You notice Tewi staring at you, your salad, and your drink intensely, keeping her eyes on them as she takes a giant swig of her drink and ignoring the glares directed at her from around the table.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #459 on: December 12, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »
>Do we know why Eirin is glaring at us and Kaguya? We are getting along, which should be lots better than trying to kill each other.
>Wonder if the inaba are fine with being servants. Think they bred them that way?
>"Ah Tewi, you're going to help us then?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
>"I figured you'd be on board for a little chaos and general merry-making, it fits you after all. Hell, I'd say we just unleash you and Nue on them, but that'd be the boring route. Not enough burning for my tastes y'know."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #461 on: December 20, 2013, 02:07:05 AM »
>"Ah Tewi, you're going to help us then?"

> “Nope!” Tewi says. “I only want you gone.”

>"I figured you'd be on board for a little chaos and general merry-making, it fits you after all. Hell, I'd say we just unleash you and Nue on them, but that'd be the boring route. Not enough burning for my tastes y'know."

> “Now wait just a second. Nobody, and I mean nobody, handles arson, murder, and jaywalking as well as Tewi Inaba!”

> “So you should join us!” Cirno explains.

> Tewi hold her hand up to the fairy. “I ain’t joining up with the asshole that keeps burning my house down.” She turns to her left. “Nue, you’re cool, but your third is a dumbass and your forth is Cirno. No thanks.”

> Kaguya pauses from her meal for a second, before saying, “Hey!”

> “Yo, shapeshifter,"Tewi quickly adds. "Ditch these morons and hang out with the true master of trickery. What do you say?”

> “Depends. You down for pranking a god?” Nue says.

> “Pfft. No. That sounds like a terrible idea.”

> “And yet you went ahead and electrocuted an immortal,” Nue says.

> “Yeah, but they’re cool with it,” Tewi replies with a waggle of her fork. “Right?”

> “No I am not cool with it!” Kaguya says.

> “You better not turning soft on me princess,” Tewi says. “Point is, at home it’s not life and death.”

> “I was expecting more ambition from you,” Nue says. “You know, Kogasa had no hesitation at all.”

> “And as much as I love Kogasa, she’s a complete dumbass,” Tewi replies. “So you gonna eat anything?” Tewi asks, turning to you. You have not yet touched your plate.

> You note that, as always, Nue is using an alias disguise at the table. Jeans, a T-shirt, and black hair that goes to her shoulders.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #462 on: December 21, 2013, 05:05:45 PM »
>Do we know why Eirin is glaring at us and Kaguya? We are getting along, which should be lots better than trying to kill each other.
>Wonder if the inaba are fine with being servants. Think they bred them that way?

>Examine salad. Is it something we would eat?
>Cheerfully, "Tewi, if you've messed with the food, I''ll flay you and wash you in salt water."
>Wonder if she remembers meeting Amaterasu and Ookuninushi.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:08:29 PM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #463 on: January 05, 2014, 12:07:49 AM »

> You have a guess. Actually, you have several guesses, if anything it?s hard to pick out one. It could be that the incident with you, Kaguya, and Tewi made her dinner late and bothered her work. Or that you?re intruding on the relationship Eirin has with the princess. Or that she?s a bit jealous of you and Kaguya. Or that she?s simply annoyed that you and Kaguya have so little ?self-control?. Or any combination of little things.

> You don?t think Kaguya and Eirin could command the same respect as Tewi, the rabbits always treated Tewi like royalty. ?You never actually got all that involved in Eientei?s? rabbit breeding.

> It hadn?t quite dawned on you, at least seriously, that Kaguya and Eirin might have been breeding them like livestock. You knew they had some screwed up morality, heck you?re more than familiar with screwed up morality, but breeding loyalty into something so human is beyond messed up. And yet, you can?t shake the feeling that it makes perfect sense.

> You kind of doze out at the thought.

>Examine salad. Is it something we would eat?

> You suppose so. It?s Caesar.

>Cheerfully, "Tewi, if you've messed with the food, I''ll flay you and wash you in salt water."

> ?I solemnly swear there is nothing in the salad a rabbit liver can?t handle,? she says smugly.

>Wonder if she remembers meeting Amaterasu and Ookuninushi.

> You vaguely remember an old fairy tale about a certain rabbit bragging about tricking crocodiles while she was standing on their snouts. You have a hard time believing this is the same rabbit, because you vaguely recall the story ending with horrible, debilitating injuries that ought to leave the subject of said legends scarred for life, and possibly dead.

> You suppose youkai are better at healing than people, so it?s possible. You don?t think Tewi is a rabbit of legendary stupidity, but then again, she did align herself with Kaguya.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #464 on: January 05, 2014, 05:32:04 AM »
>It's probably just lots of wasabi. We can handle that, right? If so, dig in.
>"So Eirin, any new projects these days?
>Do we personally know any of the inaba?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #465 on: January 06, 2014, 02:59:20 AM »
>It's probably just lots of wasabi. We can handle that, right? If so, dig in.

> You take a bite. The salad tastes like it was freshly picked. The rabbits can make a pretty good salad.

> Tewi is still giving you the look-over, she reminds you more of a smug snake than a rabbit.

>"So Eirin, any new projects these days?”

> “Can’t give everything away, now can we?” Eirin smiles; you don’t know if she’s picked up her attitude from centuries with Tewi or if Tewi’s picked up her smile from centuries with Eirin.

> Tewi adds, “Why don’t you tell us about your recent interest in literature.”

> Eirin says, “Oh I wouldn’t want to bore her with my medical journals.”

> “Naw, I’m talking about the books you hide behind the medical journals. There’s no shame in liking it you know.”

> Eirin leers at Tewi, as Nue says, “What kind of books are we talking about?”

> Tewi gleams, saying, “Oh, I shouldn’t. Not if the doctor herself won’t tell you. But let me tell you, I would never have guessed doc to be into that kind of thing.”

> Eirin sighs, saying, “Alright, I may have picked up a vampire novel.”

> “A vampire romance novel. And it’s sequels,” Tewi adds.

> “Huh, didn’t think the Scarlet sisters were your type,” Nue says. “Always thought you’d go for someone more mature and less illegal looking.”

> Eirin glares at Nue, saying, “Not that kind of novel. I admit, while Kaguya was on her adventure I’ve spent less time developing medicine and more time reading the ‘Twilight’ books. And apparently, I’m going to need a new hiding place, Tewi.” The rabbit simply shrugs.

> “Oh, is that it?” Nue says, finishing off her salad.

>Do we personally know any of the inaba?

> You have a couple acquaintances, and a couple you know the names of, but not really, no. Even if you weren’t fighting with Kaguya, you’ve always been a loner; it’s rare for you to really get to know anyone.

>_
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:10:52 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #466 on: January 06, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
>Munch munch.
>Cirno is surprisingly quiet.
>Do we need to feed our pokemon?

« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »

>If so, feed them Kaguya.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #468 on: January 08, 2014, 02:15:27 AM »
>no, only we get to "eat" Kaguya

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2014, 11:07:02 PM »
>>So ur with ur Manaphy and yur making out wen the phione rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wat r u doing wit my father?" U tell ur man n he say "i am legnedrey pokmon." SO WHO WAS PHIONE?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #470 on: January 22, 2014, 12:04:04 AM »
>Cirno is surprisingly quiet.

> It?s not so much that she?s quiet, as you?ve been making a conscious effort to ignore the loud, obnoxious chewing sounds coming from her mouth as she guzzles down everything in front of her. It is immediately clear she has decided she likes Caesar salad, and that no one has ever taught her what a ?manner? is.

> If you?ve ever wondered what an ice fairy with alcohol poisoning looks like, you?ll find out tonight.

>Munch munch.

> As you finish your salad, you wonder about pokemon food. You suspect you are a terrible pet owner, because the answer to that question should obviously be? yes?

> And yet, somehow, they lived this long without being fed for weeks, and with no ill effects on their health either. You think its pokeball magic.

> Clearly, nature and technology in that other world conspired such that feeding your pets is optional, but making them fight eachother into a hospital is an essential part of pet care.

>If so, feed them Kaguya.

> You let your Charizard out of its ball.

> ?What are you doing?? Kaguya asks.

> ?Feeding him.?

> ?Pokemon don?t need food,? Kaguya says matter of factly.

> ?Remind me to never let you take care of anything.? Nue says.

> ?But they don?t, do they?? Cirno garbles between bites.

> ?Of course they need food. Everything needs food, except maybe you idiots,? Nue says. ?Though normally the pokemon centers take care of that.?

> Kaguya blushes, pulling one of the serving rabbits aside and whispering something in the rabbit?s ear. You see her pass her pokeballs to the waiter.

>no, only we get to "eat" Kaguya

> Now, now, cannibalism is frowned upon in Gensokyo. Common? Perhaps. But frowned upon.

> And besides, you don?t think Kaguya would agree to that kind of thing at the table, as much as the old doctor might like it.

>>So ur with ur Manaphy and yur making out wen the phione rigns. U anser it n the vioce is "wat r u doing wit my father?" U tell ur man n he say "i am legnedrey pokmon." SO WHO WAS PHIONE?

> Your mind enters a very dark place for a second, with terrible grammar and spelling. You snap out of it as quickly as you enter it.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #471 on: January 25, 2014, 01:06:05 AM »
>Make sure our pokemon get fed.
>"Thanks guys. This is nice. Well, you know what I mean."
>"Tewi, wouldn't a god prank be worth a lot more than an ordinary prank?"
>Let's let the princess decide what we do next, either pack up, or huddle for an actual strategy meeting, or sleeping or whatever. What time of day is it anyways?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #472 on: January 26, 2014, 02:23:21 AM »
>Make sure our pokemon get fed.

> You and Cirno begin attending to your pokemon?s food needs, somewhat ruining the dinner. You suspect Kaguya has a rabbit working on hers.

>"Thanks guys. This is nice. Well, you know what I mean."

> ?Well, I suppose you haven?t set anything on fire,? Eirin says with her voice dropping off towards the end, almost as if the distinct lack of fire is a bad thing.

> ?Something wrong?? Kaguya asks.

> ?Tonight has been somewhat? complicated, is all,? Eirin says.

> Kaguya shrugs, returning to her meal, which has now moved to the main course; steak and potatoes. In truth, the whole pokemon feeding thing has somewhat interrupted the flow of the meal, with the rabbits bringing out raw meat for the fire breathing lizard and aluminum cans for your steel golem.

>"Tewi, wouldn't a god prank be worth a lot more than an ordinary prank?"

> ?Maybe, but I?d like to put off getting banished to hell,? Tewi says

> ?They have really good sake down there, you know,? Nue says.

> ?Yeah, but Hell?s full of cats. You know what cats do to rabbits?? Tewi says.

> ?Fine, then don?t prank a god. Help us save the world from it,? Cirno says. ?I mean worst case, you come with us, we fail, you die. You stay home, we fail, Gensokyo may very well be dead in a month anyway. Do you really have anything to lose??

> Tewi opens her mouth to speak, inhales, then glances towards the ceiling, before shutting it without a word.

> ?Tewi?? Cirno asks.

> The rabbit responds slowly, swirling her drink in her glass and staring at her cup, ?You aren?t the type to hide under your bed when destiny knocks at your door, are you.?

> ?Nope!? Cirno says.

>Let's let the princess decide what we do next, either pack up, or huddle for an actual strategy meeting, or sleeping or whatever. What time of day is it anyways?

> Day and night are very screwed up, what with Gensokyo?s days being Sinnoh?s nights and Utsuho and Satori deciding every day should be ?sun? day.

> It appears that the real sun is setting, so sleep is not out of the question.

> ?On the subject of strategy,? Kaguya says, ?I?ve always let Cirno lead the charges. It?s worked out pretty well so far.?

> ?Of course. If the king doesn?t lead, how can he expect his subjects to follow?? Cirno says matter-of-factly.

> ?Right. So Cirno can be the team grenade catcher,? Nue says.

> ?Tank,? Cirno corrects.

> ?Whatever floats your boat,? Nue says.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #473 on: January 26, 2014, 06:08:01 AM »
>Wonder what a voltorb would eat.
Lol I thought maybe this family was vegetarian and the salad was the whole meal. Blame askeirin
>We're sort of self-healing DPS, right? Our current pokemon team seems fairly well balanced.
>Share details on pokeloadouts.
>"Myon, do pokemon have goals or aspirations?"
>Ask Cirno and Kaguya "So, how did you two fare in the grand melee?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #474 on: February 11, 2014, 02:02:52 AM »
>We're sort of self-healing DPS, right? Our current pokemon team seems fairly well balanced.

> Well... yes, you do heal very quickly. You feel Kaguya would phrase it in terms of damage per second, but you doubt you could assign a strict hit point number to yourself. Though your cool down time on your ult could use some work, you?d say in the long run you can average more damage per second with a stack of exploding talismans than a final spark.

> A talisman has the firepower of a hand grenade. A stack of them could easily hit with the power of 200 grenades.

> Maybe you should borrow some of Kaguya?s hardware, see if she has a home printer or better yet copier. Make yourself an extra thousand, you know, just in case.

>Share details on pokeloadouts.

> You share the details of your party with your new traveling companions.

> Nue has a zoroark (disguise master), a dragonite, a ditto (pink blob/shapeshifter), and an alakazam (telekinetic). And nothing else. You don?t think she?s caught any more pokemon.

> Cirno has an aerodactyl, a blastoise (giant turtle), a voltorb, a walrein, and a ?surprise? that isn?t the voltorb on hand. She?s being somewhat bratty and annoying about the surprise pokemon; you?ll have to sneak in on her when she eventually ?feeds it later?, as she put it, which knowing the ice fairy means reminding her to do so anyway. You know she has more pokemon than that, but she?s wants room in her party.

> Kaguya brags the loudest of the four of you, really trying to hammer into your face how good she is at catching pokemon. Considering just a few hours ago she gave up and went home to play video games, you must admit Kaguya's attempts to show you up are pretty impressive. Kaguya has a venasaur (plant dinosaur), a clefairy (pink blob #2), a lunatone (moon-shaped rock), an absol (a grim/black shuck/harbringer of death dog), a Gardevoir (telepath), and a jigglypuff (pink blob #3). You suspect Kaguya is a closet sissy.

> Your party contains the following:

> Haunter
> Ponyta
> Charizard
> Lucario
> Registeel
> Ditto

>"Myon, do pokemon have goals or aspirations?"

> ?Yes and no.? Myon says, slipping something into Cirno?s drink. ?I mean, I think I have a few goals here or there even if they are petty, but half the pokemon you meet lack the brain function to understand that question. Calling rhyhorn dumb as rocks would be a slight against rocks and Growlth want nothing more than to play fetch with humans, beg for scraps, and get their tummies rubbed. I?d hardly group miltank and tauros, farm animals, with myself or your Lucario. Although don?t ask me whether a Registeel can aspire, that thing is as incomprehensible to you as it is to me.?

>Ask Cirno and Kaguya "So, how did you two fare in the grand melee?"

> Kaguya replies ?Terrib-!?

> ?Great!? Cirno interrupts.

> ?Yeah, great,? Kaguya says correcting herself. ?Cirno, tell her how well we did.?

> ?I fired lots of ice at people until they ran away!?

>Wonder what a voltorb would eat.
Lol I thought maybe this family was vegetarian and the salad was the whole meal. Blame askeirin

> ?As you wonder what a voltorb would eat, you are kind of glad Cirno hasn?t taken her?s out of its ball.

> ?Right up until she sets a pokeball with eyes on the table, and you realize she doesn?t confine Explody to a pokeball.

> The voltorb stares at you with the only expression it knows. Angry.

>_

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2014, 02:26:48 AM »
>Duck.
>Get to a safe location
>JUST GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE IT EXPLODES YOU wait maybe you should calm down as see if it's actually going to explode before reacting.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2014, 06:29:19 PM »
>Glare at the voltorb.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2014, 03:19:25 AM »
>Duck..

> You take refuge under the table, sending Kaguya through surprise, confusion, and then as the realization sets in nervousness as she slowly puts down her fork and sits perfectly still.

> Reisen continues eating, casually remarking, ?You?re pokeball is staring.?

> ?Yeah, he does that a lot,? Cirno says.

> ?We agreed you would keep him in his ball,? Kaguya says slowly and quietly.

> ?I know, but that just isn?t fair to the little guy. He hates being cramped in those things.?

> ?Cirno?? Kaguya says, but stops as Explody turns to face her.

> ?What?s the big deal?? Reisen says. You note Kaguya and Cirno are the only people here that appears aware of Explody?s ?talents?; the others are varying degrees of wide-eyed but you?re the only one taking cover. It occurs to you that voltorb aren?t exactly outwardly intimidating; no mouth, no fangs, no claws, just a sphere that glares at you; the thing is arguably cute, in the same way Chen?s cat friends are cute in spite of their open contempt for you and everyone else. And you.

>JUST GET OUT OF THERE BEFORE IT EXPLODES YOU wait maybe you should calm down as see if it's actually going to explode before reacting.

> After a few seconds, of no ?boom?, you realize you are embarrassing yourself.

> ?Look, as much as Explody may hate his ball, I kind of like this silverware set. It?d be a troublesome to replace if he damaged it,? Kaguya says. ?I suppose we?d need to replace Reisen too.?

> ?Explody?? Eirin asks.

> ?Naw, Explody?s much better now. He hasn?t had an accident in 2 days!? Cirno says patting the ball.

> ?Why is he called ?Explody?? Reisen asks, pushing her chair slowly away from the ball.

> ?Oh, how comforting,? Kaguya says, ignoring both doc and the rabbit.

> ?Besides, I have to introduce Explody to all my new friends,? Cirno says.

> ?We are not friends,? Tewi and Eirin say in unison.

> ?I think I can fix that. After all, I befriended Kaguya, and she?s impossible!? Cirno says.

> ?No you haven?t,? Kaguya replies.

> ?You know you love me,? Cirno retorts right back. ?Besides, I beat you at a pokemon battle, so by the laws of magical girl anime we are now friends.?

> ?Hold on, you lost?? Tewi says. ?To Cirno?!?  Kaguya doesn?t answer.

>Get to a safe location

> You believe excusing yourself from dinner would be the most efficient way of achieving this.

> ?But you haven?t had dessert yet,? Tewi says, almost grumbling.

> ?Yes, well, I've met Explody,? Kaguya says, raising herself from her seat.

> ?Aw, you don?t have to leave-? Cirno begins.

> ?No, no, I insist. I would just be a bother.? Kaguya says.

>Glare at the voltorb.

> Mokou used Glare! It?s not very effective?

> Cirno?s Voltorb is angry!

> Cirno?s Voltorb used Screech! It?s super effective!

> Kaguya fled!

>_
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:22:44 AM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #478 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:52 AM »
>"Go after her, Cirno! She's friends with you, but is she friends with Explody yet?"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #479 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:58 AM »
>Our first instinct is to throw Kaguya under the bus, and that has served us well in the past, but I think it's less useful now that we are actually collecting her affection points. With that in mind,
>Belay Laserturtle's command.
>"Nue, what do you think a voltorb eats?"
>"Cirno, Explody needs to go back into its pokeball. And stay there, until we get into battle with the enemy."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:00:18 AM by O4rfish »