Author Topic: Onthenet's Projects (New stuff :V)  (Read 28106 times)

Drake

Re: Onthenet's Projects ⑨
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 03:42:56 AM »
The last dodge between the kunai made me go "yesssss".

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

CK Crash

• boozer
Re: Onthenet's Projects (Happy Nue Year)
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2010, 04:52:19 AM »
Phantasm Nue added. Happy Nue Year.

Yes, it's a horrible pun.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 07:59:29 AM »
Yes... yess!!
HAPPY NEUU YEAR ON!!

oh, and just tried the script. it was way past awesome!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:41:02 PM by Always ろ⑨ »

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
All life begins and ends with Nue~

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
That was... Too great for words. I enjoyed every second of it ^_^
The War of the Worlds spellcard was especially awesome.
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 03:15:58 PM »
That was epic.
I liked verdant UFOs, Undefined, and pretty much all of the cards.
The back ground music was awesome as well.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:19:21 PM by P♂zeal »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
Holy shit that was hard.  And awesome.
Best survival spellcard idea in a long time.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
Happy nue year!
This is a very beautiful script (music, animations, SPELLCARDS!). "The war of the worlds" is fantastic. I hated those ultrafast amulets in non-spellcards.
Very good job :P

(can't 1cc it yet :V)

Lawence Codye

• The Nine Tails of Subconscious...
  • Come & your desires shall all become reality...
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
Happy Nue Year...yeah, that is a horrible pun...
I mean downloading this instant...
I am the Nine Tails of Subconscious...

Come & your greatest desires will be reality...

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 04:30:56 AM »
Awesome script!
I love the UFO Cards. Those wall effect on The War of the World is really creative.
Unknown Girl is so fun XD I can't stop playing it.
I can't figure out how the Red UFO card is supposed to be done though. :/

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2010, 08:56:42 AM »
Do I have to repeat what is said above here? I loved the hovering and animation for the boss. Smoothly done.

I am somewhat sceptical about BGMs with vocals in it, but this one wasn't disturbing. Good job.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2010, 08:58:01 AM »
You once again proved yourself one of the gods of Danmakufu.

But my god, it's hard. As if Grugde Bow wasn't hard enough... Then again, this is supposed to be Phantasm.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2010, 06:53:46 PM »
I just realized that your "ultimate danmaku chimera" card is a vague mother 3 reference because the red is the chimera and the yellow is the little bird on it's head.
I feel slow now.

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
I just realized that your "ultimate danmaku chimera" card is a vague mother 3 reference because the red is the chimera and the yellow is the little bird on it's head.
I feel slow now.
ASDASBHDIOASOASODASDOASDERP

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2010, 11:56:27 PM »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »
So... Phantasm Nue...

What can I say? The way you expanded on the attacks is made of win, your original creations, likewise. Very win. Both the cards and non-cards. Despite the high difficulty (best I can do is a 2cc), it pretty much never feels unfair. The optical presentation is top-notch. Using my favourite arrange of Heian Alien as the bgm is just the icing on the cake.  :dragonforce:

I'm trying hard to think of some criticism for this one.
Well, you should probably add some additional delay before non-card #3 starts shooting, because otherwise you'll lure the player into a lethal PoC trap with that bomb item everytime.  :V

The non-cards where bullets fly up from the bottom of the screen could be improved by adding some sort of glow there before the shooting starts, otherwise people who haven't played it a couple of times will die instantly.

Ah, yes, another thing: You shouldn't use ZUN's orig(etc.).  :V

Also, the regular order of difficulty is:
|easy <<< normal < extra < phantasm < hard <<< lunatic|
I don't know why everybody seems to believe that a phantasm stage should be of lunatic difficulty, but I'm just nitpicking here because it is so hard to find realy flaws in you script.  :P

All in all, I can definitely say that this is the best release of the year so far.

*shot*
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 02:30:48 PM »
Okay, now for a somewhat in-depth review on spellcard/attack design. I don't believe I found anything too bad about the non-spells except for something Iryan already mentioned: Give more warning that bullets are gonna spawn on the bottom of the screen. Perhaps you can make them start from the edges and move into the center where the player usually is. Your non-spells also need a bit of a delay before they start up to give the player a chance to reach the PoC without punishing them. Now for the spellcards.

Nightmare Sky "Heian Dark Sky"
Really really hard. The lasers give you like a 1/4 second warning before firing and the green lasers seem to appear out of nowhere in your face and block off any escape routes if you're unlucky. Luck seems to play a fairly big role in capture this attack, but I have managed to capture it a few times.

Unidentified "Crimsom UFO Invasion of Destruction"
Really really hard too. Until I used Marisa B to blast the hell out of all the red UFOs. Then it became really really easy. See the replay I attached for what happened. I haven't yet been able to find a way to capture it with a non-penetrating-type player yet since the UFOs spam bullets EVERYWHERE and it's hard to keep track of the trajectories.

Nue Sign "Mischievous Snake Festival"
Basically dodging bullets from all sides while eyeballing where the lasers are going. Not too bad, but that sort of thing happens to be one of my weak points in danmaku dodging. Strangely I managed to capture it once.

Unidentified "Cerulean UFO Invasion of Despair"
This is hard or easy depending on if the UFOs spawn in good or bad starting angles. If there's a UFO going straight at you and you don't destroy it on time, you're dead for sure. If you don't destroy at least one UFO quickly per spawn, you're also dead. Somewhat luck-based, but I can capture it more frequently than Heian Dark Sky.

Nue Sign "Ultimate Danmaku Chimera"
Fuck yes. Nothing wrong with this one.

Unidentified "Verdant UFO Invasion of Audacity"
Pretty fun until you get to the last 5 seconds. Then it becomes pretty much impossible. The new lasers cover up the old bullets, making it hard to see where the bullets are coming from. Have not captured this yet, but I may be able to with some luck.

Nue Sign "Undefinable"
Pretty easy. Probably her easiest attack actually. But it's still hard. :V

Unidentified "Spectrum UFO Invasion of Insanity"
Holy shit hard. I captured it once in Single while trying to find a good way to deal with the huge amount of yellow lines and found an interesting way. I messed up on it in the replay, but you'll notice that before I died in that spellcard, I was only moving left and right and virtually ignoring the yellow lines of bullets that go horizontally.

Nightmare Invasion "War of the Worlds"
This. Is. AWESOME! Like so many other people said already. The UFO spam at the end is impossible for me, but I'm sure it'd be possible for some of the better players. I don't think I have any complaints about this one.

Unknown Girl
Thick, random, and fast bullet spam. Really really REALLY hard. I'm not even going to try to capture it. I can't even beat it without bombing/dying like 8 times. The lines of bullets that aren't really lines cause the bullets move at slightly different angles plays tricks on my eyes and I just fail terribly.

Overall, this is script looks awesome, sounds awesome, and plays awesome. Lol grammar. I just wish I could 1cc this now. I'm SO CLOSE.  :'(
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 03:02:39 PM »
Unknown Girl
Thick, random, and fast bullet spam. Really really REALLY hard. I'm not even going to try to capture it. I can't even beat it without bombing/dying like 8 times. The lines of bullets that aren't really lines cause the bullets move at slightly different angles plays tricks on my eyes and I just fail terribly.

It's actually not that insane after I stopped going omgwthBULLETWALLSOMGBOMB when I saw it for the first time.

I've managed a 1 death 0 bomb clear of that card after some practise.

It's basically one of those cards where you have to look way past the hitbox of your player.

So I stare at the middle of the screen, looking for a gap to go through, then I venture through "walls" of bullets left to right, then right to left, and so on through those targeted gaps.

I die when that gap suddenly close because of slightly angled bullets.

It's a really really fun pure dodge no gimmick spell, like Nue's original last spell.
So really awesome job on this final spell. XD

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »
I wonder how he got it to run at a fixed 25 fps :V

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 12:22:46 AM »
fraps, record at 25fps

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 12:25:08 AM »
fraps, record at 25fps
But that's the replay fps. The recorded fps is 60ish :V

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:49 PM »
Holy fuck this is awesome.
I love what you did with the original attacks, very well done.
1cc'd it on my second clear. I CAME on the variant of Grudge Bow, this is the best spell ever. I also captured it.  ;D
All in all, I find phantasm Nue a lot more fun to fight than normal Nue. I think this says how good of a job you did.  ;)

EDIT:
Because I love it SO much, here's a perfect timeout of Nue's last card, the Grudge Bow variant, Unknown Girl.  :V
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:41:32 PM by Jaimers »

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »
DMF Example Archive
Heavily commented, meant mostly for people who don't know where to start after reading the tutorials. Will eventually cover objects and lasers as well.

Also:

Reimu makes a sandwich.
Rate it on BulletForge as well.

Expect a new Patchouli script and slightly more balanced Chen and Nue to be uploaded on BulletForge soon as well.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
Re: Onthenet's Projects (New stuff :V)
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2010, 03:04:52 AM »
That sandwich script is pretty damn random. :V

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »
that song is pretty damn right about the jelly.
Though i doubt that other substance was peanut butter.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
DMF Example Archive
Heavily commented, meant mostly for people who don't know where to start after reading the tutorials. Will eventually cover objects and lasers as well.

On the other hand, I highly recommend this to anyone trying to learn Danmakufu, just as I am. It makes you LOADS more comfortable with the syntax. Should probably be linked in the Tutorial Index.

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
Unknown Girl

I captured it on my first playthrough. What the fuck.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 05:24:31 AM »
I captured it on my first playthrough. What the fuck.

Quiet you. High speed random spam attacks are my weakness.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 12:20:41 AM »
Remilia. Only Lunatic, but a charismatic Normal mode player should still be able to 1CC. Enjoy~