Author Topic: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)  (Read 220013 times)

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Re: What If... (Ver 2.0 + MORE EXPLOSIONS)
« Reply #780 on: February 10, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Seems whenever I ask a philosophical question about Gensokyo, someone invokes what it would do to the fanbase as a cop-out answer.
*sigh* Not much I can do about that, but I can say it annoys me. So yeah. It annoys me.

I don't see your reasoning behind one of these choices, so I'll bite. Why did you choose Alice? I mean, I get Momiji (Chibi), and Reimu (Hard to miss when comment after comment points it out). Yuyuko I guess I kinda get (Manpuku?) Youmu (Kurow), I get. I can sort of see where you're coming from with Iku (Nanami). Why Alice (Kuni), though? That's the one character I don't get...

To answer your question, there's no way they'd be able to without a massive brainwashing. They just don't have the same personalities. If they did, any other characters would be like "who are you, and what have you done with the real X?"
Thanks for giving me a great idea for a MUGEN/create.swf series on Youtube! I'm working on adding music to the first episode; the beta is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ob__uflmj0
Please give suggestions, because frankly, I'm not very confident about it.

Anyway, to answer this:
What if Yukari created Facebook as a means to learn about all of us? Or at the very least had the entire comment/status code hooked?
That would explain how the kappa know as much about science as they do. I'm also sure that many people would want to chat with the people of Gensokyo, only to be rejected and maybe eaten/played with.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #781 on: February 10, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
No question? I'm a nice guy, so I'll let you ask one, rather than trying to take the open slot.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #782 on: February 11, 2013, 04:13:05 AM »
Don't mind if I make my own question.

What if Mokou sneezed fire and set fire to parts of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost, thus causing the Eientei to run out of the forest in panic, and Kaguya accidentally pushes Rinnosuke off a cliff, he falls onto Nitori, who is working on a rocket launcher, making her accidentally fire a rocket into the air and blast Iku, who falls into the Misty Lake and releases electricity that zaps all life in it, including Cirno, who was playing with an old motorboat that somehow ended up in Gensokyo, causing the motorboat to explode and shoot lots of water at SDM, dousing Remilia and make her scream, as vampires fear running water, so she runs back into the mansion, bumping into Sakuya and making her spill hot tea onto Patchouli's face to make her drop a spell book, which results in a ball of magical fire shooting out from one its pages and blasting the mansion into pieces, causing a piece of it to fly to the Hakurei Shrine and hit Reimu in the head, and she falls back onto her donation box and breaks it?

For the sake of such a long run on sentence, I didn't care about grammar that much this time...

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #783 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »
Yeah... um. Reimu then goes and beats up everyone in the previous chain mentioned. Because mess with her donation box, and you're S-C-R-E-W-E-D.

What if Touhou and MARIO PARTY?
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #784 on: February 12, 2013, 04:40:29 AM »
Yeah... um. Reimu then goes and beats up everyone in the previous chain mentioned. Because mess with her donation box, and you're S-C-R-E-W-E-D.

What if Touhou and MARIO PARTY?

Sanae would = Luigi due to greenness and win everything thanks to cheating conspiracies.

What if it suddenly started raining vegetables in Gensokyo, but to Yuuka they looked like bombs (like actual explosion bombs, not spellcard bombs)? (Screw improbability that Yuuka would mistake a plant for a destructive device, just work with it.)

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #785 on: February 12, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »
Yuuka goes on a destruction spree using vegetables.  It's up to Minoriko to stop her, as the former finds such an act insulting and disrespectful to vegetables.  Oh, and Reimu gets free food too.

What if Rinnosuke is a wife beater?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #786 on: February 12, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »
So what? He's single, and everyone else would overpower him anyway. :D

What if Team Touhou took on Team Fighters (Smash Bros, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat) with NO FLIGHT ABILITIES? (Yukari orchestrated the event, so no, you cannot declare her the winner.)

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #787 on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »
So what? He's single, and everyone else would overpower him anyway. :D

What if Team Touhou took on Team Fighters (Smash Bros, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat) with NO FLIGHT ABILITIES? (Yukari orchestrated the event, so no, you cannot declare her the winner.)

They still have danmaku, and these games have a 2d style, so easy win for girls who do their best. Plus, Yukari orchestrated it, so it's obviously biased to be in her favor. Ingenious crone...

What if the Moriya Shrine elected its god but with unlimited reelections possible, and Kanako's term as shrine god was up? As a follow-up, what if her opponents were Ronald McDonald, Shrek, and Bill Nye (Not to mention Suwako trying to get her shrine back), and who would win, as well as what would happen as a result of the person's election? 

(Was that too specific of a question or breaking a rule in some way?)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #788 on: February 13, 2013, 01:45:41 AM »
They still have danmaku, and these games have a 2d style, so easy win for girls who do their best. Plus, Yukari orchestrated it, so it's obviously biased to be in her favor. Ingenious crone...

What if the Moriya Shrine elected its god but with unlimited reelections possible, and Kanako's term as shrine god was up? As a follow-up, what if her opponents were Ronald McDonald, Shrek, and Bill Nye (Not to mention Suwako trying to get her shrine back), and who would win, as well as what would happen as a result of the person's election? 

Let's see... No one would vote for McDonald, this is a village, so Shrek would be classified as a monster... and Bill Nye MIGHT have a chance. Until the first incident where he needs to help, then he'd go hide.

So... It would come down to Kanako vs. Suwako. And they'd probably settle it... with a DUEL!!

Make of that last sentence what you will. Card games... or danmaku. Or a Metroid Fusion/Super Metroid 100% race... Maybe Sanae could compete too! <---Nah. No way.

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #789 on: February 14, 2013, 03:57:27 AM »
Forgetting to post questions seem to be common now, isn't it?

What if you see a purple umbrella with a single eye and a long tongue put on sale in an umbrella store?

« Reply #790 on: February 14, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »
I'd buy it right away, definitely. Try to act somewhat surprised if Kogasa jumps out of nowhere, even if it's the most obvious event possible. It'd also not be surprising if she asks for her umbrella back, considering it's not just an umbrella.

What if Mokou "accidentally" "lost" "a few" of Kaguya's video games? Including her save file with one million hours on it!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #791 on: February 14, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
Forgetting to post questions seem to be common now, isn't it?

I don't forget. I have nothing worthwhile and don't want the thread to die.

« Reply #792 on: February 15, 2013, 07:04:21 AM »
What if Mokou "accidentally" "lost" "a few" of Kaguya's video games? Including her save file with one million hours on it!

Mokou would spend an "eternity" looking for it. It would likely be miraculously found after a short time.

What if Kaguya decided she wants to solve incidents too?

« Reply #793 on: February 23, 2013, 11:17:10 PM »
Mokou would spend an "eternity" looking for it. It would likely be miraculously found after a short time.

What if Kaguya decided she wants to solve incidents too?
Reimu would become the eternally lazy red-white miko. No, seriously, there would be more verbal jabs and Eirin would spend less time researching/plotting. Some lunarian eyebrows will be raised.

What would happen if Koishi and Youki came across each other?

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #794 on: February 24, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
What would happen if Koishi and Youki came across each other?
Youki: I've finally caught you, young youkai. You hide from people who would love you. Why is that?
Koishi: I'm afraid I'll get hurt. Besides don't you hide from people who would love you.
Youki: *ahem* that's a... vore is a very special kind of... um... love.

What if Choujuu Gigaku had a battle of the bands with The Prismriver Sisters?

Chebinger

• Never go full Seija.
« Reply #795 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27:43 PM »
They would fuse into one band, and be the final boss of Touhou 14.

What would happen if Chen, Orange and Meiling got in a fight?

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #796 on: February 24, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »
What would happen if Chen, Orange and Meiling got in a fight?

China Meiling would fall asleep, and Chen would win from cuteness. But Chen means Orange, so they learn that they are the same person...cat...both. So Chen wins anyway.

What if Daiyousei usurped Cirno and became the strongest?

Hawkpath1337

• Winston Churchill was a Boss.
« Reply #797 on: February 26, 2013, 01:07:08 AM »
Reimu would resolve the Incident.

What if Akyu beat up Tenshi?

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #798 on: February 26, 2013, 03:52:17 AM »
Reimu would resolve the Incident.

I feel cheated out of a creative response...

game2011

• magneiptVE
« Reply #799 on: February 26, 2013, 04:00:56 AM »
Tenshi destroys her house with an earthquake afterwards.

What if Kaguya punished evil in the name of the moon?

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »
What if Daiyousei usurped Cirno and became the strongest?

Cirno would become a raging alcoholic and become a REAL MAN. With an ICE BEARD.

What if Kaguya punished evil in the name of the moon?

Kaguya: In the name of the moon, I will punish you! *Strikes a pose, cosplaying as sailor moon*
Eirin: Princess, I think you should stop watching all those anim-
Reisen: *Tugs on Eirin's dress, dressed up as Mercury* S-saaaave meeee...
Eirin: ...Kxthxbai. *Slams the door closed*

What if Mokou got an intervention to stop smoking?

« Reply #801 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:05 AM »
It matters on what kind of thing shes smocking, if its cics, then she doesn't care, cause she is immortal after all :D.
If its weed, then she would never quit, as its her only enjoyment in her never ending life :ohdear:.
(A 420 Mokou, imagine that)

What If Ray-moo and Yukari Switched places for a day?
Reimu = Youkai of Boundaries, Ran And Chen, Gaps, That Dress That Makes Yukari Look Really Old.
Yukari = Shrine Maiden Powers, Yin-Yang Orbs, Ability to float, That Uniform That Shows Off Her Armpits, No Donations.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:42:43 AM by ohgodbloodseverywhere »

« Reply #802 on: March 16, 2013, 05:44:42 AM »
bump

Eiburine

• Ferrero Rocher Lover
« Reply #803 on: March 18, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
Reimu would alter the Boundary between Wealth and Poverty. And then abuse that boundary to have enough money forever.
Yukari would enjoy being in a dress that makes her look young be upset that she has to go and solve incidents instead of sleeping.

What if Flandre went out and fed like a normal vampire.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #804 on: March 18, 2013, 07:04:26 PM »
Then there's a serious problem.

Reimu would NEED to kill Flandre... she'd have no choice. Possibly, she'd need a few friends too.

And much of the fanbase would cry.

I HAVE NO QUESTION.
(Someone else ask one.)

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #805 on: March 18, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
What if the Engineer from Team Fortress 2 found a corner in Gensokyo and set up a base there, then realized he forgot to make a teleporter before he left?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #806 on: March 19, 2013, 12:07:47 AM »
Well... who gets the kill and why?

Reimu, for encroaching?
Yukari, for breaking the border AND planning to let his friends in?
Rumia, because, well, he's human?
Flandre, because he's actually DUMB enough (and uninformed enough) to possibly agree to a bullet fight with her?
Remilia, because he tried his "Texas charm" on her? (Read: acted rough and uncivilized)
Sanae, because... Actually, she'd be more likely to side with him...
Minoriko, because Western US?
Cirno, because she wants his stuff to become stronger?
Marisa, because power contest?
Kanako, because he's rather boorish and insulted her?
Suwako, because She'd probably side with him too.
Three mischievous fairies, because He'd probably beat them, actually.
Yuyuko, because of no reason other than she feels like inviting someone to death at the moment?
Youmu, because he dissed her blade?
Tenshi, because (again) he dissed the sword?

... I could go on, but he'd piss someone off and be dead within 48 hours, is the bottom line.

What if Flandre lost Kyuu, but gained something less deadly, but FAR more terrifying: the powers of the Snag Machine? That is to say, the ability to "steal" someone? Take their heart, their feelings, and bind it to her will?

(If this sounds familiar, I posted to a couple of threads a couple of images and a half-baked theory. Please ignore that and treat this as what that theory should have been: A "what if?")

Ignore that.

What if YOU found a magic book somewhere, but didn't know it was one, and casually wished Gensokyo was real? (Or that you could be there, or something...) The next day, you wake up, and THIS WORLD has become Gensokyo. What would you do?

(And if anyone thinks it's unoriginal, YES, I'm ripping THIS game'sopening plot off for my idea. But hey, Different world, different rules, right? (The judge and all in that game are a form of Spellcard Rules in my opinion)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:15:03 AM by Cybeast710 »

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #807 on: March 22, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »
Assuming the transformation didn't turn me into a Youkai, I would try to find and ask Keine about how things work in Gensokyo.

What if the SDM decided to represent Christianity?

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #808 on: March 23, 2013, 04:47:43 PM »
The Pope would excommunicate them for blasphemy and they'd go right back to being unholy vampires.

What if Touhou X EA Sports?

« Reply #809 on: March 23, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »
The world would be blessed with games such as Touhou Football 2014, with an even more violent twist, NBA Touhou Live 2014 (or would it be the Touhou Basketball Association?) with Marisa and Youmu hopping on peoples heads to dunk,  Touhou Fight Night, with the Touhous beating each other with everything and Shiki Eiki as ref, almost like a updated 12.3, Touhou Golf Association Tour, I would look forward to the stages for that, NHL 2014, adding even more excitement to hockey brawls with knives and amulets flying everywhere. Basically making every sport like Quidditch with Touhous. I would pay any amount of money for that. But hopefully you won't have to be connected to a server just to play single player.

My what if:
What if Gensokyo was brought to the outside world and had to set up a government and military.  What kind of government and military would they have and who would do what?