Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition  (Read 252310 times)

Re: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2012, 09:59:13 PM »
The curvy lasers come in sets of waves. Wait the first wave out at the bottom in the middle, then speed to either side to a bit lower than half of the screen, wait out the next wave, then back to the middle, next wave, opposite side to where you initially have sped to, wave, middle, wave and so on until Seiga's done for - this is to misdirect the magnet bullets to allow you some breathing room. Basically you're dodging in a u-shape with stops inbetween (you wouldn't get around the lasers otherwise). Getting past the bullets is the only tricky part this way, which often times can be avoided by simply sweeping along the screen border.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:01:51 PM by Buu »

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2012, 03:02:54 AM »
Could I have some help with Scrolls of Frolicking Animals, Mamizou's second to last non-spell and Wild Deserted Island? (specifically, dodging the dogs in that last one, the gaps just seem minimal with these.)

« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »
What am I supposed to do for Young Demon Lord, Remilia's first card? (Aside from bomb, but this is assuming I used my last bomb on her opener)

Also, what exactly is the hitbox for the fire bullets?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
It's hard to explain hitboxes, isn't it? Fire bullets aren't huge but they aren't small either. The hitboxes in YDL, on the other hand... let's just say you don't squeeze. Ever. You need to get used to reading the gaps that won't clip you, and memorizing the amount of time it takes for the lasers to despawn helps escape walls. The hitboxes are the same as in her first nonspell, and, well, that one is just as hard to not get clipped by.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »
Megumi's third card in Marine Benefit. How do the bubbles work? Usually it's not an issue, but I've had one or two deaths where I definitely didn't get hit by a bullet.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »
Assume that everywhere not in a bubble is a sort of miko-irradiating gas and that 0.02 seconds outside of one is grounds for instant death.

Chuckolator

« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
Indeed, but I could have sworn I've died in the middle of the screen without bullets more than once. Do the different rows of bubbles have any effect or something?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »
Perhaps you have slipped into those tiny pixel gaps where the bubbles cross over with each other?

Chuckolator

« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
?

Wow.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
I need help with Shoot the Bullet.
6-7, 7-2, 8-4, 8-7, 9-1, 9-7, 10-3, 10-4, 10-5, 10-7, EX-6, EX-7 and EX-8 specifically.

Any words of advice on these?

Chuckolator

« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »
9-7
Isn't that Lunar Incense? That one's easy. Get in one of the big gaps near the bottom. Start at one side while you're charging, slowly stream to the other side, the gap will let you dodge all the bubbles until you reach 100%. Just repeat.
10-3
You're supposed to make wide circles around her to get between the two colours of coins. Can't help you on execution though, I've only captured it once, and most of it was praying the shutter would get to her before the coin wave got to me. <_<

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
Isn't that Lunar Incense? That one's easy. Get in one of the big gaps near the bottom. Start at one side while you're charging, slowly stream to the other side, the gap will let you dodge all the bubbles until you reach 100%. Just repeat.
Got 9-7 now, that's all of Stage cleared.
The ones I'm clueless on are 7-2, 8-4's 2nd phase, 10-4, 10-7, EX-6 and EX-7.  The rest I know how to handle.

Zil

« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2012, 07:34:57 PM »
7-2 - Go in circles around her. It shouldn't be very hard if you do it right.

8-4 - Stream along the bottom, then use a picture to dart back to the other side. I think she fires 12 spears per wave, so count them and go back across between waves. I let two waves fire before going back so I'm sure the camera had time to recharge, and so there will be less butterflies lingering on the side I came from.

10-4 - It's all streaming in one form or another. On the random-ish waves you avoid the whole thing. Try to get into the lane on the edge between the beans.

EX-7 - Run in circles around her for the first part. It makes it a thousand times easier.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:37:11 PM by Zil »

« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2012, 07:46:21 PM »
Megumi's third card in Marine Benefit. How do the bubbles work? Usually it's not an issue, but I've had one or two deaths where I definitely didn't get hit by a bullet.
Are you playing the latest version? If you are, and you're on Normal, there really shouldn't be any gaps. I just tested this. If you're on Hard or Lunatic, then yeah, there are gaps that are visible if you look closely; just try to use the side center of bubbles to cross over.

The ones I'm clueless on are 7-2, 8-4's 2nd phase, 10-4, 10-7, EX-6 and EX-7.  The rest I know how to handle.
Links go to my replays for each of those. If you want video, I have it for 8-4, EX-6, and EX-7.

Chuckolator

« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
Yeah, I was playing hard. I could have sworn they weren't there before though <_<

Spoiler:
lunatic timeout now

Chuckolator

« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
Kasumi stage 6 midboss card in MB, the rainbow one as Reimu. Any way for this to not be a bomb dump all the time?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:22:02 PM by Seiga Kaku »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2012, 02:37:23 PM »
7-2 - Go in circles around her. It shouldn't be very hard if you do it right.
Ok, but how do you "do it right"?
8-4 - Stream along the bottom, then use a picture to dart back to the other side. I think she fires 12 spears per wave, so count them and go back across between waves. I let two waves fire before going back so I'm sure the camera had time to recharge, and so there will be less butterflies lingering on the side I came from.
That's well and good, but when do you take the photos?
EX-7 - Run in circles around her for the first part. It makes it a thousand times easier.
I knew that already, but I don't know how to approach the 2nd shot-let alone the third, which I've never even reached.

Chuckolator

« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
After the first shot, the bullets usually spread out too much for circling, so it's mostly just improv and bullet clearing shots for the final two. That's how I did it, at least, someone's free to actually give a strategy if they have one. >_>

Zil

« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
Ok, but how do you "do it right"?
By going in circles. I assumed that since you said you were clueless you didn't know that's what you're supposed to do. Start out above her and try to take only one picture before she appears.
That's well and good, but when do you take the photos?
Take the picture just as the twelvth spear fires. Include Yuyuko in the shot while clearing away as many butterlies from your path as you can.

I don't know what to say for EX-7. Just clear as many bullets as you can and try to lead her over the parts she already covered.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
By going in circles. I assumed that since you said you were clueless you didn't know that's what you're supposed to do. Start out above her and try to take only one picture before she appears.
I'd tried circling at first but never managed to last long enough for Remilia to un-bat.  I'd been doing U motions with a photo each time to reverse-didn't realize it was time based not photo based.

Still looking for help on 10-7's last 2 shots and EX-6 in a format that is not video/replay.

Chuckolator

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
10-7, I don't remember the final few shots, just that I did it really quickly, IIRC less than 50 shots.

EX-6 I remember for thinking it was impossible until I watched a video. Start as horizontal to Mokou as she'll allow before you take the first shot then the bullets will form a lane for you to charge. Then it's just streaming, you'll probably have to go back after the 3rd or 4th shot but you can use blank shots to clear the out-of-line bullets until the lane reappears. This one might probably take a while to get used to. <_<

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »
I'd tried circling at first but never managed to last long enough for Remilia to un-bat.  I'd been doing U motions with a photo each time to reverse-didn't realize it was time based not photo based.

Still looking for help on 10-7's last 2 shots and EX-6 in a format that is not video/replay.

Why do you need help with 10-7? You only have to dodge the bullets and circle (and try to not charge the camera, unless you can keep your rhythm)
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

Chuckolator

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
Why do you need help with 10-7? You only have to dodge the bullets and circle (and try to not charge the camera, unless you can keep your rhythm)
Like this?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2012, 06:04:36 PM »
Because after the 4th shot either Komachi rams me or I get walled by coins running from Komachi.

Chuckolator

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »
My method above is probably harder, but feel free to try it and see for yourself. <_<

The "normal" way, I guess it just depends on the position of the coin spawn points around you and which direction you back away to. If you can figure out a way to consistently speed away safely, it should be easy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »
Still looking for help on 10-7's last 2 shots in a format that is not video/replay.
Simply because I won't get the trick from watching: I need it explained.

Never mind, got it anyway.
But why waste a post when I could use some help with Orin's 3rd spell on lunatic?

« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2012, 07:00:03 PM »
There's not much to her third spell. The wheels reset their position every two waves, that is after the first set launches and you have a gap secured, stay there and wait for the second wave to pass by (you may have to move a little bit to the side as they like to shift around a little). Then the pattern repeats. Look for a new gap, and wait for the next two waves to pass by (so we're at four waves now). Reading the ghost wheels can be tricky as they are hard to see which is the main problem here (at least it was for me). Try to "loosely" focus your eyes on the middle of the screen, or to the point where you can barely see Reimu but still know where her hitbox is and read the wheels ahead. Don't be afraid to do quick unfocused movements, often times you have enough space to allow for quick bursts of movement.

And then it's practice practice practice until the spell becomes ultra easy and you wonder why you ever thought it was difficult.  :D

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2012, 04:37:54 AM »
Killing Doll. What do?

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »
MoF extra, the stage and Kanako is taking my liveS  :ohdear:
I'm starting to think that the stage is designed for ReimuA  :(
I don't like the pellet-in-all-direction part, any clue to it or just read and dodge?
The bubble fairy is annoying, the bubble's faster velocity sometimes get me....
Then the circling around fairies....I keep on ramming them though....
The non-spell's different bullet speed kills me often so I always have to bomb it...
The 1st spell looks stupidly easy when in videos, but I just can't dodge it...
2nd spell...I do it vertically, but it's pretty dangerous and creep me out often...anyone has a clue?
3rd spell...it scares me so I always bomb it
Spoiler:
since I get bombs by dying to previous attack
Then, it's the amulet+pellet time, which I don't know the proper way doing it...
After that, it's the green bullet wall that I've only captured through extremely lucky dodges...
Then it's the boss 1st spell that looks like doable blind-folded killing me quickly...
No replays as it will only include bombing the above -.-
Anyone's having ideas? I still don't know how to do after watching videos =.=