Author Topic: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition  (Read 252563 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Spell Card Help Topic V: Cheeto Lasers Edition
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 05:36:41 AM »
SakuyaA was my first non-Reimu Extra Clear and SakuyaB was my last >_>

I've been told that SakuyaB's "freeze bullets, collect cherry" shtick could be utilized to gain >30,000 Cherry in one fell swoop at certain points, but the Square usually deletes bullets before anything good happens for me :I

Speaking of the Perfect Square, how the hell do you control the Perfect Square

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »
SakuyaA was my first non-Reimu Extra Clear and SakuyaB was my last >_>

I've been told that SakuyaB's "freeze bullets, collect cherry" shtick could be utilized to gain >30,000 Cherry in one fell swoop at certain points, but the Square usually deletes bullets before anything good happens for me :I

Speaking of the Perfect Square, how the hell do you control the Perfect Square

Hmm... the way I usually deal with it is just release shift for a split second and bomb. Unfocused bomb is pretty much the same, except there's no square.

And as for controlling it... Not too sure, but it feels like it's sort of following you in lunge-like movements?

SakuyaA isn't my favourite shottype, but it has its good(and bad):

-It's got a homing focused shot, semi-homing anyway
-Very wide unfocused shot

the only thing I don't like about SakuyaA I can think of right now is that the bullets only home in on the enemy's initial position when the bullet is spawned, and then it doesn't home in again, meaning it's pretty much redundant against enemies that continuously move (like the wisps at the beginning of Extra and Phantasm after the fairies. FOcusing with SakuyaA will screw you over there)

of course, you can see, like Zil said, that the homing and the wide unfocused can be bad as well. Yeah, SakuyaB is my favourite shottype after ReimuB (ie the Needle shottype in all games)

EDIT: Help? I'm confused about Stupid Miko's False Exorcism... I'm bombing it every time >~<
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:35:41 AM by xForeverFanaticx »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »
How the fuck do you play Yamame's first nonspell on Lunatic? It makes no fucking sense! Before on Hard and lower I just streamed but you can't do that now that the bullets go so far that they're behind you.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2012, 03:55:02 PM »
Try cutting larger gaps in your streaming. Attempting the same biz that you can do on Hard mode in regards to the streaming will probably only get you killed.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
Yeah, instead of moving slightly to the side move a big chunk to the side and dodge the stray bullets. Only the blue bullets that don't stop mid-air should be worrying you then.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »
I'm having trouble with Will-O-Wisps in Unknown Orbit and Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics.

I know the latter is 'easy' but I keep getting blindsided. I'm actually better at the former, but it's a similar issue to Orb, I get blindisded by a will-o-wisp that suddenly changes direction.

Oarfish I just trance through.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »
How the fuck do you play Yamame's first nonspell on Lunatic? It makes no fucking sense! Before on Hard and lower I just streamed but you can't do that now that the bullets go so far that they're behind you.
Also when Yamame shoots the homing bullets, don't stay at the bottom but try to be more further up. The homing bullets lock-on where you last were so if you slowly go to the bottom, you should have plenty of space to dodge them as they don't squeeze hug you entirely at the bottom.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
I'm having trouble with Will-O-Wisps in Unknown Orbit and Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics.

I know the latter is 'easy' but I keep getting blindsided. I'm actually better at the former, but it's a similar issue to Orb, I get blindisded by a will-o-wisp that suddenly changes direction.

Oarfish I just trance through.
Will-O-Wisps is all about not losing focus. I die to it more than I used to when I was still clearing Extra stages because I'm less focused.

Youkai Orb can be memorized. You should have a good plan for the first two 'waves' at the least, and that's already 2/3 the time you need to finish the card.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
Also when Yamame shoots the homing bullets, don't stay at the bottom but try to be more further up. The homing bullets lock-on where you last were so if you slowly go to the bottom, you should have plenty of space to dodge them as they don't squeeze hug you entirely at the bottom.

1. I'd rather not time it out

2. Anywhere where I wouldn't time it out, I'd still get raped by the higher bullets as I move down.

Enjoy.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
When Yamame goes straight down, go up and over the first red bullet as soon as the second and third blue bullets pass you (they're almost right on top of each other). It takes a bit of precise timing, but it's not really that precise. Nothing a little practice couldn't overcome.

Oh, and if you like bullets coming from below you, wait until you face Luna Child on Lunatic. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Zil

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »
EDIT: Help? I'm confused about Stupid Miko's False Exorcism... I'm bombing it every time >~<
It seems this was overlooked. Here's a replay I made once to demonstrate it. http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18027

You essentially move in a big circle, and don't approach the edge of the screen too early.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »
Ahahaha, tried perfecting MoF Stage 5 Lunatic and got what I expected. Perfected everything except Night with Overly Bright Guest Stars, tried timing it out after dying in the first few seconds and died 5 more times. What do?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
Ahahaha, tried perfecting MoF Stage 5 Lunatic and got what I expected. Perfected everything except Night with Overly Bright Guest Stars, tried timing it out after dying in the first few seconds and died 5 more times. What do?

I'm tempted to edit the author to show that I have the same dilemma.

Oh fuck it.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
Night With Overly Bright Guest Stars?

Sadly, it's a memo card-but at least it won't randomly wall you.
My first capture of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrUyuYQWDxo

and another capture of it, in my perfect run of Stage 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dojYw8tpyNc

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
It actually will literally wall you if you get stuck between lasers when a new wave shows up. Happened a handful of times.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2012, 10:31:14 PM »
randomly wall
It actually will literally wall you if you get stuck between lasers when a new wave shows up. Happened a handful of times.
That doesn't sound random to me  :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »
That doesn't sound random to me  :V

I don't quite see how that isn't so random, or to put it into more fitting terms, is so predictable.

Unless you're playing as Homing Reimu, you're going to instinctively sit under Sanae and hope you won't die. This card subliminally kills you every time if you think that way and it's damn annoying in that regard.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
Well, all you need to do is move out of the way every time the lasers approach, in a right-left-right-left pattern and it should work if you dodge the lasers.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2012, 01:07:42 AM »
Well, all you need to do is move out of the way every time the lasers approach, in a right-left-right-left pattern and it should work if you dodge the lasers.

How about those lasers that make the tightest gaps known to man?

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2012, 01:09:32 AM »
How about those lasers that make the tightest gaps known to man?
a. You're in the wrong place
b. See Cat's Walk lunatic or Imperishable Shooting

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2012, 03:08:06 AM »
Just wondering... but how hard is it to supergraze that final death fairy in Imperishable Night Extra? :V
I know you circle counterclockwise, but I've yet to try (gonna do that tomorrow)

EDIT: nvm, tried it. It's fun to do~ And so much easier IMO O:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:51:22 PM by xForeverFanaticx »

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
STAGE 4 MoF.
I can't figure it out.  :V
And when I get lucky enough to make it to Aya, she pwns me with Illusionary Dominance.

So I need help w/ the stage, and w/ Aya. >.>
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »
STAGE 4 MoF.
I can't figure it out.  :V
And when I get lucky enough to make it to Aya, she pwns me with Illusionary Dominance.

So I need help w/ the stage, and w/ Aya. >.>
I'm assuming you mean normal since you didn't specify a difficulty.  So, naturally, I'll post a perfect of the stage on lunatic since all the stage strategies still apply (streaming or random dodging).  You can bomb Momiji once at no power cost as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rp8zG3eKEI
For Aya, you can reference the video, or use the following bombing strats to skip patterns (assuming the bomb is over Aya for the whole thing): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igLxg8Uf4Xs
nonspell 1: 1 bomb after bullets are fired
spell 1: 1 bomb when the bullets get near you
nonspell 2: 1 bomb when bullets are fired
spell 2: on normal this is a trivial cap, just dodge the overall lines and stay centered, otherwise 2 bombs
nonspell 3: 1 bomb when bullets are fired
spell 3 (survival): bomb at 6 or so seconds left and the rest is trivial, and it's easy until 10 seconds left.
spell 4: dodge through the waves by moving down, 2 bombs clears it.

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:02 AM »
I have big trouble with stages 4 and 5 of EoSD Lunatic.(and the bosses... but it's more of a matter of pure skill so I guess only myself could help me there)
For reference, here( http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21901 ) is my latest "good" run, which goes up to Remilia's 3rd spell.
Any kind of help would be welcome.

Zil

« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2012, 02:53:22 PM »
A lot of stage 4 could be done better by positioning yourself better. In the begginning of the stage, for example, after the first wave of fairies and the following streaming section, if you'd ended up near the left wall you would shoot the next fairy wave as soon as they appeared. So try to learn where things are destroy them as quickly as possible. There was also a lot of stuff that can just be streamed, but you were flying all over picking up items and stuff. Almost all of stage 5 can be done from the top of the screen, if you're willing to do some cheesy techniques. Misdirection is static (and aimed), though it will depend on which direction she moves, so you want to memorize a path for each direction.

Watching this (shameless self plug) may help. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8JoCYrOWc#t=10m24s
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:58:27 PM by Zil »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
Any advice with Murasa's survival? I know about going to the corners, but that doesn't seem to work early on since she's not teleporting fast enough.

Heian_Alien

• Act normal...
  • Act normal!
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
Watching this (shameless self plug) may help. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8JoCYrOWc#t=10m24s

Wow didn't know about this! That stage 5 strategy is bound to help. Thanks a lot. Also great run, I can't even clear at 60 fps  :V

« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2012, 07:13:08 PM »
A lot of stage 4 could be done better by positioning yourself better. In the begginning of the stage, for example, after the first wave of fairies and the following streaming section, if you'd ended up near the left wall you would shoot the next fairy wave as soon as they appeared. So try to learn where things are destroy them as quickly as possible. There was also a lot of stuff that can just be streamed, but you were flying all over picking up items and stuff. Almost all of stage 5 can be done from the top of the screen, if you're willing to do some cheesy techniques. Misdirection is static (and aimed), though it will depend on which direction she moves, so you want to memorize a path for each direction.

Is the direction Sakuya moves during Misdirection random?

Zil

« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is. I never found a way to control it, at least. I always just go to that same spot a bit to the right of the center. If she moves left, I go right. If she moves right, I go left for the first wave, then right after that.

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »
Seiga's overdrive. How do?